Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 pm
Miss GryffindorK
Hello, my name is Lyre L. Lutrix

I would like to work at Whizz Hard Books

The things I love about this shop are that I can be surrounded by books all day, the intellectual clientel, meeting budding writers, calm and quiet environment, getting to read books... before they're published.

The things I despise about this shop are that there are usually a ton of errors in manuscripts, trying to follow literary trends, demanding customers, spending all my time on manuscripts, and the topics of some of the manuscripts.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I adore reading, and am generally a quick reader. I have neat handwriting, so it won't be difficult to decipher. I'm planning on attending a muggle college while I work, so I'll likely be working at all hours of the day and night.

Diamond Wales

You're Hired!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:14 pm
Diamond Wales
Hello, my name is Seth Wynters

I would like to purchase Jimmy Kiddell's Wonderful Wands.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... Well, I have just gotten through apprenticeship for wandmaking, and I was trying to figure out a good place to work. I wanted to start at Ollivander's, but noticed this little shop that also made wands and I figured that I could work there as well. It was for sale, and I used the inheritance I got from my father's death to purchase it.

The things I love about this shop are well, making wands would be number one. Another would be the fact that especially for those younger sorts, they would discover what their wands are. Third would be the fact that I can set my own hours. Fourth would be trying to make a name for myself in the wand market and raise this shop from obscurity. Fifth, well, that would be the quiet I can experience during most of the year until new students arrive.

The things I despise about this shop are well, I'm not exactly outgoing, so the press of people would be obnoxious. Probably the obscurity too would be an issue for me. Hey, I want to make a name for myself, and if it can't rival Ollivander's, then I'm not doing something right. Also probably when people consider me to be not really good because I don't work at Ollivander's. The long hours I would have to work to make the shop successful would be another. Lastly, when I mess up a wand. Yeah, the materials don't come cheap, and I don't want to waste any of them.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Wow, I need to put something else here? Well, I guess I hope that I do really well at the store and it becomes a huge success.

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:23 pm
Hello, my name is Maybelline Johnson

I would like to purchase The Daily Prophet Main Office

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I must have worked here for years, steadily rising through the ranks until I was writing on the front page. I'm not quite sure why, not my business, really, but the previous owner had decided to step down. Suppose it was just my time to shine because the next thing I knew I was offered a promotion and now, here I am, running the main office of the Daily Prophet.

The things I love about this shop are the location, the clientele, the smell of parchment, the sound of scribbling quills and clacking typewriters.

The things I despise about this shop are the owl droppings, the loads of bad news, the complaints, obituary articles, and mountains of paper work to be sorted, read, edited, printed, and filed.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:51 am
Essy ze Ninja
Hello, my name is Maybelline Johnson

I would like to purchase The Daily Prophet Main Office

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I must have worked here for years, steadily rising through the ranks until I was writing on the front page. I'm not quite sure why, not my business, really, but the previous owner had decided to step down. Suppose it was just my time to shine because the next thing I knew I was offered a promotion and now, here I am, running the main office of the Daily Prophet.

The things I love about this shop are the location, the clientele, the smell of parchment, the sound of scribbling quills and clacking typewriters.

The things I despise about this shop are the owl droppings, the loads of bad news, the complaints, obituary articles, and mountains of paper work to be sorted, read, edited, printed, and filed.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:20 pm
Hello, my name is Isabelle Clarisse

I would like to work at Flourish and Blotts

The things I love about this shop are
- Helping Hogwarts students get their books
- Being around books all day
- The social interaction
- Nostalgia of the store
- The opportunity to tutor the younger generation for their OWLs and NEWTs

The things I despise about this shop are
- I'm still not in my dream field
- I'm tied down to one place though, I suppose if I can't go anywhere I can always read about it.
- I'm not sure how my son will feel since it'll probably be really busy during the summer I would imagine.
- Customers who are impatient and rude
- Anyone who walks into a drink in their hand. Drinks and books don't mix.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you!
I truthfully will work anywhere you need me. Sometimes I'm unsure of myself but I'm focused and a hard worker. I promise you won't be disappointed.

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:11 pm
murruelecreuset
Hello, my name is Isabelle Clarisse

I would like to work at Flourish and Blotts

- Helping Hogwarts students get their books
- Being around books all day
- The social interaction
- Nostalgia of the store
- The opportunity to tutor the younger generation for their OWLs and NEWTs

- I'm still not in my dream field
- I'm tied down to one place though, I suppose if I can't go anywhere I can always read about it.
- I'm not sure how my son will feel since it'll probably be really busy during the summer I would imagine.
- Customers who are impatient and rude
- Anyone who walks into a drink in their hand. Drinks and books don't mix.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you!
I truthfully will work anywhere you need me. Sometimes I'm unsure of myself but I'm focused and a hard worker. I promise you won't be disappointed.

mc2

You're hired!  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:08 pm
Hello, my name is Kyla Collins

I would like to work at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

The things I love about this shop are Ice cream, talking to people, making friends, smiling faces, happiness, and all sorts of things.

The things I despise about this shop are Cold(in the winter), too many messes, stickiness, not being able to give kids sweets and boredom.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:42 pm
SummerIsles
Hello, my name is Kyla Collins

I would like to work at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

The things I love about this shop are Ice cream, talking to people, making friends, smiling faces, happiness, and all sorts of things.

The things I despise about this shop are Cold(in the winter), too many messes, stickiness, not being able to give kids sweets and boredom.

Diamond Wales

You're Hired!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:05 pm
Hello, my name is Damien Warren Edgeworth

I would like to purchase Ollivander's

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was apprenticed at the satellite shop over in Hogsmeade immediately following my graduation. But, recently, the owner of the Diagon Alley branch left, as did the employees. I'm not really sure what happened there. But, given my current personal situation, I thought it would be a good time to further my career and take the next step. Seemed like the time couldn't have been more perfect; I'm getting married soon, and my fiancee recently completed her training to be an Auror with the Ministry. It was only logical that I take the opportunity presented to me. I had a little money in my personal savings, and borrowed some from my father, who insists that I'm not allowed to pay it back. Apparently financing this endeavor is his wedding gift? Except I'm fairly certain he's not stopping at this, and I don't know who he thinks he's kidding by saying so. Still, it was much appreciated, since it meant that I was able to purchase the shop.

The things I love about this shop are getting to practice my trade, which I'm still just as fascinated by as the day I started studying it. I also rather enjoy the looks on some of the eleven-year-old's faces when they receive their wands, it's very... fulfilling. And sometimes amusing. Then there's the fun of getting to experiment and play with woods and cores and the like to see how different combinations turn out. I've gotten much more attuned with my own wand in recent years, which is nice, and I attribute it largely to the fact that I've worked with the craft and have a deeper understanding of it. Though, I think one of my favorite things is knowing that I'll (in all likelihood) get to make the wands my own children will use one day. And those of any friends or family members, as well.

The things I despise about this shop are that some children are simply not satisfied with the wand they receive. This happens a lot with purebloods, sadly, they get a wand with a more common sort of wood, or that's a bit on the shorter side, and can't believe that it would choose them, because they're noble or some nonsense like that. Sometimes they think that the core they received isn't 'cool' enough, which is also annoying. Then occasionally you make the mistake of handing a child a wand that for whatever reason is an exceptionally poor match, and the results can be... well, explosive. I've had a girl set my robes on fire before. Not fun. She was very upset, too, which was even less fun, so I suppose I dislike that as well. And it can be rather frustrating when you see a child growing more and more agitated if their match is hard to find. And... well, as much as I like the idea of getting to make the wands that my friend's kids are going to use, I have a feeling the process of making said wands is going to be a hassle, since someone is inevitably going to request some sort of custom something.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Damien Warren Edgeworth

I would like to purchase Ollivander's

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was apprenticed at the satellite shop over in Hogsmeade immediately following my graduation. But, recently, the owner of the Diagon Alley branch left, as did the employees. I'm not really sure what happened there. But, given my current personal situation, I thought it would be a good time to further my career and take the next step. Seemed like the time couldn't have been more perfect; I'm getting married soon, and my fiancee recently completed her training to be an Auror with the Ministry. It was only logical that I take the opportunity presented to me. I had a little money in my personal savings, and borrowed some from my father, who insists that I'm not allowed to pay it back. Apparently financing this endeavor is his wedding gift? Except I'm fairly certain he's not stopping at this, and I don't know who he thinks he's kidding by saying so. Still, it was much appreciated, since it meant that I was able to purchase the shop.

The things I love about this shop are getting to practice my trade, which I'm still just as fascinated by as the day I started studying it. I also rather enjoy the looks on some of the eleven-year-old's faces when they receive their wands, it's very... fulfilling. And sometimes amusing. Then there's the fun of getting to experiment and play with woods and cores and the like to see how different combinations turn out. I've gotten much more attuned with my own wand in recent years, which is nice, and I attribute it largely to the fact that I've worked with the craft and have a deeper understanding of it. Though, I think one of my favorite things is knowing that I'll (in all likelihood) get to make the wands my own children will use one day. And those of any friends or family members, as well.

The things I despise about this shop are that some children are simply not satisfied with the wand they receive. This happens a lot with purebloods, sadly, they get a wand with a more common sort of wood, or that's a bit on the shorter side, and can't believe that it would choose them, because they're noble or some nonsense like that. Sometimes they think that the core they received isn't 'cool' enough, which is also annoying. Then occasionally you make the mistake of handing a child a wand that for whatever reason is an exceptionally poor match, and the results can be... well, explosive. I've had a girl set my robes on fire before. Not fun. She was very upset, too, which was even less fun, so I suppose I dislike that as well. And it can be rather frustrating when you see a child growing more and more agitated if their match is hard to find. And... well, as much as I like the idea of getting to make the wands that my friend's kids are going to use, I have a feeling the process of making said wands is going to be a hassle, since someone is inevitably going to request some sort of custom something.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:37 pm
Hello, my name is Emmet Hughes

I would like to work at All or Nothing Ink and Board Shop

The things I love about this shop are I get to do something I like and am relatively good at, there's free food, the customers are pretty interesting, and I get paid to sometimes just sit around and do nothing.

The things I despise about this shop are I have to get up super early to help open it, the stupid skate kids leave their s**t all over the back and don't clean it up, drunk customers that demand a tat even after I tell them no, and when the obviously dumb bimbo has a boyfriend already.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:43 am
Hello, my name is Gypsy Lovette

I would like to work at The All or Nothing II

- It's a pretty chill work environment, way better than most I can think of.
- I get to work on my art skills as part of my job, which is great.
- The owners are pretty cool, and even Emmet's not so bad, even if he's annoying some of the time.
- And working here means I can finally get my boyfriend to stop going shady places for his tats and piercings.
- Doing the work for my friends is pretty awesome, I mean, there are people walking around with my hard work permanently embedded into their skin, how cool is that?
- Also, my commute to work's pretty damn great.

- It's. So. Noisy. All the time. Not super great when you've got a headache. Especially when you live upstairs and are trying to sleep in on your day off. There's only so much a muffling charm can block, you know?
- It's also pretty annoying when people are super indecisive about what they want, I get that it's a big decision, but if you're unsure enough to go through ten designs in two days, maybe you should think about it a little more before you commit.
- Also, people coming in and looking at my work and rolling their eyes like they could do better are pretty damn obnoxious, I'd like to see them try.
- Some of the really intricate designs can be a pain, too, because it takes hours and sometimes you have to have multiple sessions and ohmygod it's hell on your back to have to work like that.
- Emmet. Yeah, he's both a pro and a con. He's okay most of the time, but some days I really just wanna drag him upstairs so I can toss him off the balcony.

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:58 am
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Emmet Hughes

I would like to work at All or Nothing Ink and Board Shop

The things I love about this shop are I get to do something I like and am relatively good at, there's free food, the customers are pretty interesting, and I get paid to sometimes just sit around and do nothing.

The things I despise about this shop are I have to get up super early to help open it, the stupid skate kids leave their s**t all over the back and don't clean it up, drunk customers that demand a tat even after I tell them no, and when the obviously dumb bimbo has a boyfriend already.

Diamond Wales

You're Hired! (in place of bourbon yams)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:06 am
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Gypsy Lovette

I would like to work at The All or Nothing II

- It's a pretty chill work environment, way better than most I can think of.
- I get to work on my art skills as part of my job, which is great.
- The owners are pretty cool, and even Emmet's not so bad, even if he's annoying some of the time.
- And working here means I can finally get my boyfriend to stop going shady places for his tats and piercings.
- Doing the work for my friends is pretty awesome, I mean, there are people walking around with my hard work permanently embedded into their skin, how cool is that?
- Also, my commute to work's pretty damn great.

- It's. So. Noisy. All the time. Not super great when you've got a headache. Especially when you live upstairs and are trying to sleep in on your day off. There's only so much a muffling charm can block, you know?
- It's also pretty annoying when people are super indecisive about what they want, I get that it's a big decision, but if you're unsure enough to go through ten designs in two days, maybe you should think about it a little more before you commit.
- Also, people coming in and looking at my work and rolling their eyes like they could do better are pretty damn obnoxious, I'd like to see them try.
- Some of the really intricate designs can be a pain, too, because it takes hours and sometimes you have to have multiple sessions and ohmygod it's hell on your back to have to work like that.
- Emmet. Yeah, he's both a pro and a con. He's okay most of the time, but some days I really just wanna drag him upstairs so I can toss him off the balcony.

Diamond Wales

You're Hired! (in place of bourbon yams)  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 pm
Hello, my name is Milo J. Abrams

I would like to purchase Eyelops Owl Emporium

How did I come to get this shop? Well... After frequenting the shop for many, many years, I have come to know each and every item sold, all the prices, and most of the owls by name. Eventually, the owner became sickly and he decided he would retire. After compiling all my earnings from my musical career, and bumming money off of James, I was able to purchase the shop, if only to keep it open a while longer.

The owls. Without a doubt.
I work very near my husband, so when Dris is older, he can hop shops! ..Shop hop? Ha!
I still usually get time to play music and relax.
The people. I love people!
The atmosphere. It's a very chill place to work, with surprisingly minimal stress.

The messes. Oh lord, the messes.
The noise. If someone riles up the birds, it gets insanely loud for a while.
The bad customers. You know the ones. O ^ O
Having to forgo my daily nap. I got used to it after a while...
Not spending the day at home with my son, and the boys, if they're here.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I really, really love owls, and can name most of them by species. I had to get this shop, mostly to supplement our income, but partly to party with owls! It's like an owl city in here! I love it!

Diamond Wales

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces