Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:52 am
Kyuui Kiwi

About the MCs though, I'm still rather confused. So when would be a decent time to buy one (without the use of Gcash) and to sell it for profit?
I used to vend on the RIG items as well, as soon as they came out the prices normally jumped around and I did pretty well but I never actually understood what was going on. The prices just seemed to jump and I could never really figure out the pattern sweatdrop

With MC's you have to use your basic understanding of the Gaia community to determine what will be popular or not. The best time to snatch them up is immediately as they are opened. Once you see if they look like a popular item or an item with potential to be popular, grab them all before the price elevates on them. If they don't look like a good item, then simply pass them by until next month.

If you like to gamble, you can also invest in sealed envelopes just before they open. The price for those is always a standard average, so if the item turns out to be a good one then the price can jump right up. Or another thing you can do is look for sealed envelopes as soon as the item is opened. Then you will know if the item is good, but you still may find some underpriced Sealed Envelopes that are still at the standard price and get them before they change.

A good MC can also be good for hording or long-term investment though. If you see an MC will definitely be popular, it may be worth holding on for a few months. When they come off the market, the price will only continue to grow as long as they're useful for avi-making.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:54 am
Cigarette Troll
Sad conffession:
When I first heard Bacon Bowl, I thought that we were going to eat bacon bowls, like a pie eating contest...I was way off T^T

I don't think you were way off... the game was way off... xp  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:01 am
Ned-san

With MC's you have to use your basic understanding of the Gaia community to determine what will be popular or not. The best time to snatch them up is immediately as they are opened. Once you see if they look like a popular item or an item with potential to be popular, grab them all before the price elevates on them. If they don't look like a good item, then simply pass them by until next month.

If you like to gamble, you can also invest in sealed envelopes just before they open. The price for those is always a standard average, so if the item turns out to be a good one then the price can jump right up. Or another thing you can do is look for sealed envelopes as soon as the item is opened. Then you will know if the item is good, but you still may find some underpriced Sealed Envelopes that are still at the standard price and get them before they change.

A good MC can also be good for hording or long-term investment though. If you see an MC will definitely be popular, it may be worth holding on for a few months. When they come off the market, the price will only continue to grow as long as they're useful for avi-making.

Thank you so much Ned heart I'll try to keep these things in mind for next month. 3nodding
Sealed Envelope = letter? Like said I've stopped paying attention to MCs etc for a year or so. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:11 am
Kyuui Kiwi

Thank you so much Ned heart I'll try to keep these things in mind for next month. 3nodding
Sealed Envelope = letter? Like said I've stopped paying attention to MCs etc for a year or so. blaugh

Yeah, the letters. smile I admit I haven't paid attention to MC's for even longer than that, but back when I was active in pure Marketplace vending they were a very important part of my income. However, since returning from my sabbatical I have mostly traded in the Exchange, then brought my goods to market. The Exchange is a little less fast-paced, so it allows me to study my items longer since so many new ones have popped up. That's also dangerous on the pocketbook though, because a lot of times I find stuff in Exchange that I wanna keep, lol! xp  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 am
Ned-san

Yeah, the letters. smile I admit I haven't paid attention to MC's for even longer than that, but back when I was active in pure Marketplace vending they were a very important part of my income. However, since returning from my sabbatical I have mostly traded in the Exchange, then brought my goods to market. The Exchange is a little less fast-paced, so it allows me to study my items longer since so many new ones have popped up. That's also dangerous on the pocketbook though, because a lot of times I find stuff in Exchange that I wanna keep, lol! xp

The Exchange is the worst gonk That place scares me. And it makes me feel like crap looking at all the rich people tossing around 10 mil like its nothing. emo
I've heard that its also pretty hard to get good deals considering almost everyone there is trying to rip off one another. Its a good place for pros mainly.
Ughhhhh hate it when I buy an item to try and vend and then I'm like... but its so nice.... emotion_0A0  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 am
Kyuui Kiwi

The Exchange is the worst gonk That place scares me. And it makes me feel like crap looking at all the rich people tossing around 10 mil like its nothing. emo
I've heard that its also pretty hard to get good deals considering almost everyone there is trying to rip off one another. Its a good place for pros mainly.
Ughhhhh hate it when I buy an item to try and vend and then I'm like... but its so nice.... emotion_0A0

Hehe. Well, the Exchange is a buyer's market, while the Marketplace is a seller's market. When you put things up on the Exchange, you must underprice to sell. That's why you have to be very wary of "hard-to-sell" items on exchange. That's where they're most likely to end up, lol.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:22 am
Ned-san

Hehe. Well, the Exchange is a buyer's market, while the Marketplace is a seller's market. When you put things up on the Exchange, you must underprice to sell. That's why you have to be very wary of "hard-to-sell" items on exchange. That's where they're most likely to end up, lol.

That's a good way to put it. XD.
Hate hard-to-sell items. And it sucks even more when you can't really tell. I just stay out of the exchange for now though. Most of the items that end up there are 03s and 04s. Too high for me anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 am
Kyuui Kiwi

That's a good way to put it. XD.
Hate hard-to-sell items. And it sucks even more when you can't really tell. I just stay out of the exchange for now though. Most of the items that end up there are 03s and 04s. Too high for me anyways.

Yeah, you pretty much want to deal in high-ticket items in the exchange. As a seller, the incentive to put high-ticket items up on Exchange is the lack of tax. Marketplace tax can get really high with expensive items, and that's where the Exchange makes a difference. On low ticket items however, you'll deal faster on the Marketplace. Sometimes people put low-ticket items up on the GE along with their high-ticket stuff, but they're pretty much just wasters they want to get rid of at the same time. The MP is simply a more logical place for them.

The easiest way to avoid most hard-to-sell items is to look at the Sales Volume graph. If there's been a lot of product moving in the recent history, then it should be safe.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 am
Kyuui Kiwi

Are we still in the Bacon Bowl thread? emotion_facepalm

Well, we are in the chatterbox... so anything goes! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:01 am
Ned-san

Well, we are in the chatterbox... so anything goes! whee

I figured that was the case. xp  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:42 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
From a post in Jaxent's event guide:
Quote:
Oh yeah, i think that's right. And it would make sense that it only has to be 80//100 because I am prett sure that the last game is goin to the the Player vs. Player battle system. Codemonkey hinted about it.

eek PvP... against other gaians?! BRING ITTTTTTT. emotion_awesome A part is me is sort of hoping this is true. Even if it probably means chaos and trolling each other.

Yes, the game is paintball! Sweet! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:43 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi
From a post in Jaxent's event guide:
Quote:
Oh yeah, i think that's right. And it would make sense that it only has to be 80//100 because I am prett sure that the last game is goin to the the Player vs. Player battle system. Codemonkey hinted about it.

eek PvP... against other gaians?! BRING ITTTTTTT. emotion_awesome A part is me is sort of hoping this is true. Even if it probably means chaos and trolling each other.

Yes, the game is paintball! Sweet! blaugh

Its out? :O Must tryyyyyyy.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Yup. Sounds like you have 30 seconds to get 20 points. Click to attack, SHIFT-click to move. I'm gonna try it now. Hopefully it won't be laggy. wink It's taking a long time to load.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:50 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Yup. Sounds like you have 30 seconds to get 20 points. Click to attack, SHIFT-click to move. I'm gonna try it now. Hopefully it won't be laggy. wink It's taking a long time to load.

Ok, few problems:
Everyone is durem XD.
Very laggy, the aim is far behind where my mouse is.

And why u no stand stillz?@?! *tried to screeny you* blaugh  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:02 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Ok, few problems:
Everyone is durem XD.
Very laggy, the aim is far behind where my mouse is.

And why u no stand stillz?@?! *tried to screeny you* blaugh

Hehe, I'm no easy target... ninja  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas