Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruiting: D&D 4e Coliseum 2.0 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many members to a team?
View Results

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 am
LEader, anybody want a leader?  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 am
SporkMaster5000
joe-dude667
Healing and buffs would always be helpful. Though with all the OA's I'll likely incur, some marks could help out a lot. >.< Either one.
what if i grant you extra movement and use force movement to let you charge at will and/or charge the same guy successively? meanwhile, I'll focus on mobility so I can stay in the back row.
Since my charge basic is 1d12+1d8+2d6+7 damage, that sounds wonderful. mrgreen Also I think using Race the Arrow with Daring Charge could be pretty fun...  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:58 am
joe-dude667
SporkMaster5000
joe-dude667
Healing and buffs would always be helpful. Though with all the OA's I'll likely incur, some marks could help out a lot. >.< Either one.
what if i grant you extra movement and use force movement to let you charge at will and/or charge the same guy successively? meanwhile, I'll focus on mobility so I can stay in the back row.
Since my charge basic is 1d12+1d8+2d6+7 damage, that sounds wonderful. mrgreen Also I think using Race the Arrow with Daring Charge could be pretty fun...

FYI, I swapped out Devastating Strike for Howl of Fury. It's just not worth it when I have Howling Strike, whereas Howl of Fury could be good if we come across minions.

Also what are peoples opinions of Feast of Violence? A player had it at the table IRL for stupidly massive damage, but reading the power now I think he was cheating... Might swap it out for Blood Sacrifice or Curtains of Steel. Not sure yet.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:38 pm
joe-dude667
joe-dude667
SporkMaster5000
joe-dude667

FYI, I swapped out Devastating Strike for Howl of Fury. It's just not worth it when I have Howling Strike, whereas Howl of Fury could be good if we come across minions.

Also what are peoples opinions of Feast of Violence? A player had it at the table IRL for stupidly massive damage, but reading the power now I think he was cheating... Might swap it out for Blood Sacrifice or Curtains of Steel. Not sure yet.
I'm not a huge fan of any of the powers that let you take damage for some benefit, but the goliath barbarian in my rl group's party has been using stone's endurance to cheat at desperate fury. I think i like feast of violence more than blood sacrifice, just because if any of the attacks miss you, you still get a bonus, whereas with blood sacrifice, the less damage done, the less effective it is. obviously, feast of violence kinda depends on how your DM plays their monsters too, he could just opt not to attack  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 am
SporkMaster5000
I'm not a huge fan of any of the powers that let you take damage for some benefit, but the goliath barbarian in my rl group's party has been using stone's endurance to cheat at desperate fury. I think i like feast of violence more than blood sacrifice, just because if any of the attacks miss you, you still get a bonus, whereas with blood sacrifice, the less damage done, the less effective it is. obviously, feast of violence kinda depends on how your DM plays their monsters too, he could just opt not to attack
That's pretty clever. I have Defensive Mobility which makes it easier to deal with, but the damage is only ever 3[w], which is the same as Curtain of Steel but without having to take damage. Think I'll take Curtain of Steel.

Just feel weird taking a power that has a better benefit if you chose a different class feature. Don't know why.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:32 am
joe-dude667
SporkMaster5000
That's pretty clever. I have Defensive Mobility which makes it easier to deal with, but the damage is only ever 3[w], which is the same as Curtain of Steel but without having to take damage. Think I'll take Curtain of Steel.

Just feel weird taking a power that has a better benefit if you chose a different class feature. Don't know why.
There's often more incentive to take powers that aren't afiliated with any particular choice before those associated with one you didn't take, but a rare few do come up to off-choice builds that aren't relatively niche.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:56 pm
What ever happened to this...?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:31 pm
joe-dude667