Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 am
~John James~

User Image
~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

~John almost groaned when he heard that his clothes were bad. He understood why he needed to have nice clothe, but he had no money. At all...well he had about 5 gallens...in change. Then he heard the loan statement. It was a good idea, but...if he got fired, he was straddled with the bill. He needed the job though..it was hard for him. "Ok...Thank You Sir" he said. he was glad he had this shot.
However, I have worth~

(Yes Please Miss. Thank you so much).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

Aldanis stood outside the door to the bookstore for several seconds, glancing around to see if anyone had seen through his disguise. He had transfigured his features to appear different, unlike the posters of him plastered everywhere. He silently cursed Arthur Radcliffe for his obsessive search for him. Drawing in a deep breath, he opened the door to the bookstore. "Hello? I'm looking for Gaervin Whitethorne."

▂▃▅Out Of Character:▅▃▂

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:48 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne
Owner of Whizz Hard Books

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin frowned as he heard the door to the shop open. He had been just about to leave for lunch, and currently no one else was present. He walked to the front of the building and noticed a man standing at the receptionist's desk."Good day. I am Gearvin Whitethorne. How may I be of assistance?" He studied the man before him carefully, at least trying to get an idea for what he was here for.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Curious
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:57 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

Aldanis studied the man who was causing his Lordship such a great pain that he was sent to Imperius him. Aldanis' wand slipped from his sleeve and a smile spread across Aldanis' face. "Petrificus Totalius," he said, directing the spell at Gaervin.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:45 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin was just about to say something further when the man drew a wand. Gearvin had been in a couple of duels back in school, however he had left his wand back on his desk in his office, not expecting to have to use it in his own place of business. He quickly dodged out of the way of the first blast, running through his mind what precisely he had done to get attacked and what he needed to do to get to his forgotten wand. He quickly that if he could get back to the hallway, he might have a chance to avoid the unknown man long enough. "Who are you, and what is this about?" His gaze never left the man in front of him as he tried to inch back toward his office - and his wand.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Outraged

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:02 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

Aldanis snarled when the shop keep avoided his petrifying spell. The man was retreating back towards the back of the store. "You have defied Lord Xilan for the last time, Whitethorne." In the main shop, it was easier to dodge the spell, but Aldanis was confident that he would be unable to do so now. He sent another petrifying spell at the shop keep.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:10 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Defied? Just what the bloody hell was all of this about? He had done nothing to this man, and he decided to launch an unprovoked attack? Just as Gearvin was about to make some sort of break down the hall, however, he heard the words to another spell and felt his arms and legs lock together, and his entire body to fall over like a board. He growled low in his throat, trying to break out of the magical binds he was trapped in.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Outraged

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

When the shop keep froze, Aldanis spit at his feet. Then he doubled back to the shop and closed the door, locking it. He drew the blinds and returned to where the shop keep was. He waved his wand and sent the counter curse. "Here you are, a pureblood wizard... and what do you do? Endorse us to breed with Muggles? Xilan can't have that in his new world. So, we're going to have you use this shop to spread pure blood propaganda." He smirked, proud of himself. He crossed the hall to the office and spotted the wand on the desk. "Too bad. You almost made it to your wand. Too bad... Imperius!"

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:45 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin heard the new curse, and tried to fight against the fog that seemed to want to settle into his mind. Unfortunately, it was a losing batle. The fog lowered, and then Gearvin's mind seemed to be at peace. He couldn't understand precisely why he had fought against the other man, nor could he understand how he had ended up upon the floor of the shop. His eyes were slightly glazed, and he seemed to relax.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Serene

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:22 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Aldanis Varren

Ex-prisoner of Azkaban
╚══════════════╝

Aldanis waved his wand over his face and his features transfigured back to their usual features. Several beads of sweat trickled down his face, the only symbol of the mental battle that took place. He held his hand out to Gaervin. "Aldanis Varren, Mr. Whitethorne. Come now, and let's meet your Lordship."

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin nodded at the man before him and went to retrieve his wand. When he got back he stood there, calm and waiting. He didn't know what his lordship wanted from him, but he was curious to find out."I am ready. Shall we get going?"

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageNicole Cherri User Image

Nicole was nervous, and had a frightening reason to be. She hadn't left the prison her husband called a home in nearly six years, since her oldest Tanya had been born. All groceries were owl ordered, those days when she actually had money to spend and not stolen away to feed his alcoholism, she worked from home, she home schooled her children. Speaking of them, they were happily walking beside looking at the sights and smells of Diagon Alley. Their innocent expressions brought a soft sad smile on her face while hardening her already solid heart in hatred against her ex-husband. She was going to make sure her children had the best experiences of the world instead of just thinking of the bad. They were going to be children dammit!
"Mama! Mama, I think this is the store!" Tanya's British drawl startled her a bit before she gave a small sheepish grin when she saw she was indeed in front of Whizz Hard Books.
"It looks like we are indeed." her soft voice answered. Before they went into the store Nicole crouched in front of her two children and looked them in the eyes. "This is what I need for you two to do. Tanya, I want you to take your brother and find a spot somewhere to sit and don't move no matter what someone says. If anyone tries to bother you I want to scream as loudly as possible and I'll come alright?" Both children nodded their acceptance of the task and she gave an inward sigh. Things weren't supposed to be like this, but she would make the best of it, for her children. Taking both their small hands, and checking that all her papers were in her purse, she walked into the store and couldn't help a small laugh at Tim's wide-eyed gaze at the books in front of him. He would be her Ravenclaw for sure. Not seeing anyone as of yet she looked around and raised her already soft voice to a murmur. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

Wearing: Interview With: Tanya and Tim Feeling: Nervous
Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:34 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin looked out of his office when he heard someone enter the establishment. He quirked his eyebrow at the woman standing there and decided to make his way out of the office."Good day, madam. Might I ask what you need assistance with?"

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC: Sorry about the short post, I need to get to dinner at home, so i apologiae if I don't respond right away.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageNicole Cherri User Image

Nicole was startled by the sudden appearance of the older gentleman before blushing for being so skittish. "H-hello sir. I owled ahead for an interview a-and was told to come here with all my paperwork." she released her two children's hand to pull out a folder with her resume and recommendations from the old Slugg and Jiggers' associates, and even her old Head of House of Gryffindor. It was then Tanya decided to make her's and her brother's presence known. "Me an' Cookie are supposed to sit quietly over by the books while you an' Mama talk." she said while the toddler nodded his head sagely while his thumb was firmly in his mouth. Nicole could only give a nervous smile and laugh while looking at him. "I haven't found a babysitter I trusted yet so I had to bring them along. I hope that's alright." She didn't know how he felt about children.

((OOC: That's alright, sorry this post took so long to respond))
Wearing: Interview With: Tanya and Tim Feeling: Nervous
Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 am
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Gearvin Whitethorne

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Gearvin glanced over to the two children, amusement clearly in his eyes. "There are books for children I could let them read, if you wish. That way, they can keep themselves amused." He then looked over at the woman before him. "You may have a seat in my office, once you get your children settled in. I shall be waiting."

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items