Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Abandoned by the Gods [4E] - Full Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unrelated to game poll (see second post)
  Bring back "Fantastic Realities"!
  Bring back "Shot in the Dark"!
  Bring them BOTH back!
  Let them die.
  The Narwhal Bacons at Midnight
View Results

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:06 pm
ChidarRalan

BTW... can anyone tell me if I'm remembering wrong, but can't you use your dex bonus for light weapons instead of your str bonus?

You have to use your dex modifier if throwing a light weapon... unless you have a feat that'll allow otherwise to use a different modifier. You have to use your strength modifier if you are attacking with a melee basic attack.
Swordmages for example have a feat for it (it's also for melee basic attacks): Intelligent Blademaster.
For everyone else, you can pick up the melee training feat (players handbook 2 or Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdom) (if you want to utilize decent opportunity attacks but your char I'd not reccomend) as an option.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:35 pm
Done. Fi Aybara  

Ancelas

mercantes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:35 pm
I don't wanna sound like a noob here... Even though I am a noob, but how do you compute for your Attack? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:46 am
Just follow the work space and add.

Your half level
Ability mod, STR for basic attacks, or whatever your ability calls for
Any class bonuses you may have, you may have none
Weapon proficiency bonus
Feat bonus
Enchantment bonus
Bonuses from anything else, like powers and s**t

So like for my dagger

My half level is 1
Most of my abilities call for dex, so my dex mod is +4
I have a class bonus for +1
I proficient with daggers, they are +3

So that puts me at +9 attack

If I were to do it with STR instead, like for melee basic attacks, it drops to +8 because I only have a +3 mod for STR.

Do the same thing with the damage box, except there's less things to add together.  

Absolute Virtue

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:25 am
Drag0nK1d
So that's 520gp basically.
Anyway, char is completed [if I need to change equipment, that's fine.] (edit: removed all gear aside from rod +1.)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=377624
Didn't know what to do with my backstory so I'm like 'screw it. I'm going 'draconic family tradition'-focused.

Need to add Dragonborn Fury and Prime Shot to the Conditional Modifiers section.

You need to add the +1 shield bonus from your Rod Expertise feat.

You still have to sort out your magical items. As a 3rd level character you get 1 lvl4 item, 1 lvl3 item, 1 lvl2 item and 520 gold.

As for background, I'd say you can get +2 to History for your family's heritage, or Stealth for hiding in the streets.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:31 am
ChidarRalan
BTW... can anyone tell me if I'm remembering wrong, but can't you use your dex bonus for light weapons instead of your str bonus?

All your powers are anyway:

joe-dude667
ChidarRalan
And here is the link to Rais. She's a Changeling... I like Changelings.
Looks good to me. =)

Though Assassin powers are all dex based, so your attack bonus should read +8, not +6 (except for basic attacks, which you won't use nearly as frequently).

Though if you're thinking of OA attacks, then as Dragonkid said, you can get melee training feat. I don't think it's heavily needed anyway.  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 am
MaoukaMasaki777
Here is my Genasi Swordmage: Jett (Baskerville)

+1 to fort for being Stormsoul should be in misc, not enhancement. Likewise +2 to will should be under class, and +1 from sylvan armour should be in misc, not armour penalty.

Not sure if you realised or not, but at the moment you have 2 lvl3 items and 1 lvl2. If that's just what you wanted, that's fine, but if you like you can change one of them for a slightly better item.

You have waaaaaay less gold than you should have. You should have 520 because none of the items you own cost you anything. >.< You can use that to buy a magical neck slot item to boost your defenses?

You also forgot the +1 to AC from your Slyvan Armour.

For your history, I'd say you'd get +2 to Arcana or History for all your hours working in school. Also it may bear mentioning, that there aren't really any Genasi in Aihbien, so you'd come from (and most of your background would have taken place in) the southern country of Mehksan, many miles away.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:42 am
joe-dude667
Drag0nK1d
So that's 520gp basically.
Anyway, char is completed [if I need to change equipment, that's fine.] (edit: removed all gear aside from rod +1.)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=377624
Didn't know what to do with my backstory so I'm like 'screw it. I'm going 'draconic family tradition'-focused.

Need to add Dragonborn Fury and Prime Shot to the Conditional Modifiers section.

You need to add the +1 shield bonus from your Rod Expertise feat.

You still have to sort out your magical items. As a 3rd level character you get 1 lvl4 item, 1 lvl3 item, 1 lvl2 item and 520 gold.

As for background, I'd say you can get +2 to History for your family's heritage, or Stealth for hiding in the streets.

Fixed up. Took the family heritage idea because I am not trained in stealth (have to MC to get it).
Not intending on a 4th level item, least for this build: Rod of corruption +1 (3rd level from players handbook), Leather Armor of Sudden recovery (3rd level from adventurer's vault 2), & Amulet of Elegy +1 (2nd level from Adventurer's Vault 2).
I should have 510GP if you are including my adventurer's kit for free, & if I read it right, I need the ID papers for being arcane.  

Drag0nK1d

MaoukaMasaki777

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 am
Jett of Storms, Genasi Swordmage

Okay! I put the +s for my Defenses in the right columns (I think), I changed my Bracers of Mighty Striking for Gloves of Piercing, get a little extra damage for my ablilities. Got a Necklace of Defense for extra defense, took a +2 to Arcana due to background and fixed my gold: 520 - 360 (Necklace) - 50 (Spellbook) = 110 GP. I think I'm ready!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:04 am
mercantes
Okay, I've finished distributing my stats. Here's how it looks like now. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=378076

I'll read up on the manual now in case I missed anything. We all start at 3rd level or just 1? 3nodding

Firstly, not that this is really a mistake as such, but are you sure you want +2 to go to your Charisma? Its not a hugely important stat for your build, and putting it, say dex or strength could give you a better attack? Or your power choices seem to lean on wisdom, which is one of your lowest stats! xd

Need to add in the Human Defense Bonus to your defenses, and your class bonuses (for rangers its fort and ref).

You haven't worked out your HP or attack. Your max HP is 34, with 7surges/day. Your attack is:
Half lvl(1) + Ability mod (3) + class features (+1 IF no allies are closer thanks to your prime shot feature) + Weapon prof (2) + feat (n/a for you right now) + enhancement (none, but when you've bought magic items it'll be +1)

So when you buy magical items it would be +7 normally, unless you get closer than your allies in which case, it'll be +8. This is only if you're using a ranger power with a javelin. A basic attack with javelin is str, not dex, so it'd be +6. I assume you wouldn't waste money on a magical spear or short sword, so spear would be +5, but short sword has a higher prof rating, making it +6.

You need to add Defensive Mobility to your feats.

Diplomacy isn't a Ranger Skill, also you get an extra choice for being Human.

Then I'll need magic items. 1lvl4, 1lvl3, and 1lvl2. Then you get 520g (don't worry about using that money for boring stuff like adventuring kit or non magical weapons/armour, that counts for free). With those 3 items, it's normally best to get a weapon, armour, and neck piece, then you can blow the 520 on another lvl2, a lvl1 with cash to spare, or something else entirely (see you're going for the mount route. You can afford: a War horse or draft giant lizard for 200g, or standard horse or camel for 75g. Though keep in mind you'll spend a lot of time in the city with the mount stabled - which you'll have to pay for). Then you'll need to write a bit of a background, and I'll give you a boost to a skill relative to your history.  

joe-dude667

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 am
Vampfighter1
Pascal Veris

Will write background and find a pic later.

Repost  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:23 am
Ancelas
Took a while, but I finally got my character done. Transferring data from the character creator to mythweaver.

Update: Had to stop so I could study, but here's the sheet so far: Fi's Character Sheet.

I'm transferring all the info from the Creator file to mythweaver, but I think I've noted all the adjustments made from...hell, being a changeling bard. I'll hopefully get to finish the abilities and character info tomorrow.
Could you add your Becomer bonus into conditional modifiers at the top, just because I don't have access to that feat and don't know what the bonus is. >.< Also I assume you gave yourself +2 to perception for it?

I don't see why your movement is only 5, there's no penalty with leather.

Forgot to mark down your Songbow daily power.

You've actually still got 520g. Ritual book is free for you class and all your other items are mundane! mrgreen

You might want to add your bard attacks to your quick look up (since I'm assuming you'd be using them more than ranged basics). Using your bow as an implement, it'd be +7 attack and +6 damage.

Really enjoyed your background. Couple of things though, one, is Vi's chosen form the same as the one she was when she played here before? Or a new one so people wouldn't recognise her? Also, Dainstead only became steward 10 years ago, when Vi was 16. Before that it was King Taleigh the 3rd, who was doing a fine job managing the country. I'd say for benefits you can have a +2 to bluff from learning how to con or +2 to streetwise for all your performances in seedy inns.  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:51 am
Arc Vembris
Lockheed the Hunter Dwarven Hunter, martial controller
Hunter's get +1 to ref, not will, and the leather armour should be +2 with the extra 1 in enhancement bonus, but thats me just splitting hairs. Same with init and half level.

Also, I can see that you were going to take slyvan before deciding on resistance armour, because you left the skill bonuses behind! >.<

You need to add 10g.

You can have a +2 to either nature, for being the master huntsman, or athletics for living with the dwarfs.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:22 am
Vampfighter1
Pascal Veris

Will write background and find a pic later.

Looks like you used point buy instead of rolling for stats. That's cool if that's what you want, but I'd recommend giving rolling a go, you'll get much better than standard array. If you're using point array, you've forgotten to add the +2 to charisma.

Can you add Artful Dodger benefit to your conditional modifiers section? Also Teeny Warrior feat.

You haven't got Pixie Dust written down, I told you that you can have it. wink

You need to work out your attack and damage scores. Attack should be +9 for daggers (assuming you buy a magical damage), +7 short sword (assuming it's mundane), and +6 hand xbow (again, assuming it's mundane). Also I see your damage is 1d3 for daggers, that's actually a 3rd edition rule. It's still 1d4, and short sword and xbow are still 1d6.

You also have yet to buy magical items. You get 1lvl2, 1lvl3, 1lvl4, and 520g. All the items you've already "bought" also count for free at this high lvl, so there's no need to take the gold off for that.

Background benefit can be either +2 to Arcane for being from the Feywild Isles of Maivland, or +2 thievery for his life as a cut purse.  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:24 am
Okay! That's all of them! I'll just wait for everyone to add all of the changes I've asked for, and then we can start playing. >.<

Post on this thread when you're done so I know. wink  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces