Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a 4E game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:45 pm
Rain Yupa
Sardonic Smite
Rain Yupa
Ofilius Laric'salah, Eladrin Rogue. As a back-up PC for this game, if it doesn't get a full staffing.

Whether you would have it or not, you have thusly delivered the most intriguing character concept to date. So, I'm going to tentatively give you a slot regardless.

I changed some things on my sheet. To have less overlap as Kriv (since we both took the Mountain Thunder Style feat, and likely will have a lot of power overlap), I'm changing mine to Kulkor Battlearm Style. Just to add a LITTLE diversity to the two macey rogues :3 I also changed my 3rd level power to reflect this style change.
We share Disheartening Strike, but no other powers  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm
Arc Vembris
Rain Yupa
Sardonic Smite
Rain Yupa
Ofilius Laric'salah, Eladrin Rogue. As a back-up PC for this game, if it doesn't get a full staffing.

Whether you would have it or not, you have thusly delivered the most intriguing character concept to date. So, I'm going to tentatively give you a slot regardless.

I changed some things on my sheet. To have less overlap as Kriv (since we both took the Mountain Thunder Style feat, and likely will have a lot of power overlap), I'm changing mine to Kulkor Battlearm Style. Just to add a LITTLE diversity to the two macey rogues :3 I also changed my 3rd level power to reflect this style change.
We share Disheartening Strike, but no other powers

Yeah, because I made some changes! We had the same 3rd level encounter power, and you were probably going to do exactly what I did and follow the Mountain Thunder power progression for encounter powers.

To avoid that, I'm simply changing my fighting style smile Kulkor Battlearm fits Ofilius a little better anyways.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:54 pm
Sorry for the delay folks, this week ended up being a wee bit busier than I expected. Hence, expect the next update to happen Saturday or Sunday.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm
Sardonic Smite
Sorry for the delay folks, this week ended up being a wee bit busier than I expected. Hence, expect the next update to happen Saturday or Sunday.

BUT WHAT HAVE I DONE THAT'S WANTED POSTER WORTHY! O:

It's not like I kill babies or random people or anything. xp  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:36 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
Sardonic Smite

Well, what exactly do you think a pact with dark gods who wish to spread destruction and madness entails?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:40 pm
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1
Sardonic Smite

Well, what exactly do you think a pact with dark gods who wish to spread destruction and madness entails?

Uh, not always the same thing. wink

They wish me to spread Destruction and Madness; they never explicitly said how I must go about doing this.

If it's say, spreading it to those who deserve it, is it really so bad?

What's the difference between a Good Paladin who sends evil doers to burn in hell for all eternity And a "Bad" Paladin who does the same?

A name, really.

He spreads destruction and madness to those who deserve it, to his enemies or more importantly "evil-doers", who commit crimes for no reason, not necessarily just anyone.

Still spreading madness and destruction; just to bad people.

Where's your morally grey now. wink  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm
Suicidesoldier#1

They wish me to spread Destruction and Madness; they never explicitly said how I must go about doing this.

What's the difference between a Good Paladin who sends evil doers to burn in hell for all eternity And a "Bad" Paladin who does the same?

A name, really.

He spreads destruction and madness to those who deserve it, to his enemies or more importantly "evil-doers", who commit crimes for no reason, not necessarily just anyone.

Yes, but you presume that your character gets to decide who deserves the punishment and annihilation.

Again, if your character were a warrior whose patron were dubiously moral, that would be reasonably. But, here, your character has shackled themselves to evil gods with explicitly evil intentions. Bane wants to bring the world under his tyrannical fist; Gruumsh seeks to conquer or destroy all, and Tharizdun just wants to watch the world burn. Frankly, I think this paints a fairly clear picture of what you would have to do into order to please them.

I'm not going to revoke your position in the party, but, at this point, I'm going to have to ask you to rethink your character concept.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 pm
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

A name, really.

Yes, but you presume that your character gets to decide who deserves the punishment and annihilation.

Again, if your character were a warrior whose patron were dubiously moral, that would be reasonably. But, here, your character has shackled themselves to evil gods with explicitly evil intentions. Bane wants to bring the world under his tyrannical fist; Gruumsh seeks to conquer or destroy all, and Tharizdun just wants to watch the world burn. Frankly, I think this paints a fairly clear picture of what you would have to do into order to please them.

I'm not going to revoke your position in the party, but, at this point, I'm going to have to ask you to rethink your character concept.

Strike me down now and I will become more powerful than you can even imagine.

But if that's what you want.

I mean, just becuase it wants me to seek out destruction doesn't mean it has to be random OR innocent targets.

Being bound to Dark Gods does not imply that I have to behave in some stereotypical manner.

Bane seeks domination; I lock evil-doers away and gives laws for a city, being a paladin, obeying the laws or perhaps being an enforcer of one.

Gruumsh seeks destruction; I relentlessly destroy my opponents in combat, conquering them, even if my enemies may or may not be of what would perceived as "evil".

Vecna wants to watch the world burn; I provide that through raw destruction, my targets are of no value to him.

Tharizdun wishes to spread madness; and I am sure a keeper of that.

But it does not require me to specifically target anyone one might consider "good"; my targets being evil, as many of the above God's were, I am spreading their desire back removing the world of their competition, only protecting those as fierce and loyal to my God's as I am, but even removing them if it is necessary (which, Evil gods tend to sacrifice their own minions all the time).

While it may appear I must be "evil" in some traditional sense becuase I do not do anything overtly against the law I shall not receive any overt punishment; perhaps fear, intimidation, weariness of my presence and it's removal,but not necessarily jail time.

At least, that's how my character would be.

If you are arbitrarily going to assert that I can't do that with no real basis then by all means take the dwarf. xp  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:22 pm
Bloody corrupt dwarf.

Pixie is gonna stab you with needles for your evil.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:29 pm
Suicidesoldier#1

If you are arbitrarily going to assert that I can't do that with no real basis then by all means take the dwarf. xp

I'm going to say this once.

I feel as though I've been fairly reasonable up to this point with regards to my problems with your character concept. If this appears to not be the case, then please, by all means, point out the transgression. However, if it is your contention to be disrespectful towards me and completely disregard my opinion as arbitrary, then feel free to take your dwarf and move along.  

Sardonic Smite

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:36 pm
If your character is bent on destruction, and goes around destroying stuff, wouldn't that be enough to warrant a wanted poster? I mean, unless he's a failure and has yet to kill/destroy, then he's broken some pretty srs laws, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm
Is there a verdict on Kriv's backstory?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:52 pm
Absolute Virtue
If your character is bent on destruction, and goes around destroying stuff, wouldn't that be enough to warrant a wanted poster? I mean, unless he's a failure and has yet to kill/destroy, then he's broken some pretty srs laws, right?

Destroying evil.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 pm
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

I'm going to say this once.

I feel as though I've been fairly reasonable up to this point with regards to my problems with your character concept. If this appears to not be the case, then please, by all means, point out the transgression. However, if it is your contention to be disrespectful towards me and completely disregard my opinion as arbitrary, then feel free to take your dwarf and move along.

It is arbitrary, it doesn't mean I just disregarded it.

I mean, it's not impossible to seek to spread destruction in a nice way.

But again, you don't want that.

So I won't do it! blaugh  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 pm
Suicidesoldier#1

Destroying evil.

Yeah, the law normally makes no such distinction.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff