Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Pathfinder) Considering starting up a... unique campaign. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:41 pm
I'm going to have a human Sorceress/Fighter (I absolutely LOVE the Pathfinder Sorcerer/Sorceress. The bloodlines are awesome heart . I also love what they did with the Fighter. Add in Pathfinder's armoured casting feats, and it's a pretty cool build. Furthermore, this character is of full-blooded Hulan [aka Chinese] ancestry, and uses Hulan style weapons and armour.).

So, can I get a reply from everyone planning to take part in the campaign, along with class selection? I want to know for sure so I can set up the first encounter in he RP thread accordingly.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:20 pm
I'm good for running in this
Also, what are the dialects of Native Eirennan, if any?
I ask because, as written at the moment, I'm omni-lingual.
1 starting
+3 Int
+5 Ranks

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:29 am
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
I'm going to have a human Sorceress/Fighter (I absolutely LOVE the Pathfinder Sorcerer/Sorceress. The bloodlines are awesome heart . I also love what they did with the Fighter. Add in Pathfinder's armoured casting feats, and it's a pretty cool build. Furthermore, this character is of full-blooded Hulan [aka chinese] ancestry, and uses Hulan style weapons and armour.).

So, can I get a reply from everyone planning to take part in the campaign, along with class selection? I want to know for sure so I can set up the first encounter in he RP thread accordingly.

Aasimar Paladin/Fighter. Maybe not the strongest build ever, but what the Hell, right?

In hindsight, I MAY change the Paladin to Cleric. I dunno yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:09 am
Seph Baelzara
I'm good for running in this
Also, what are the dialects of Native Eirennan, if any?
I ask because, as written at the moment, I'm omni-lingual.
1 starting
+3 Int
+5 Ranks
There are several different Native Eirennan languages, not all of them closely related, so dialect isn't really the proper term. Language is. The most commonly used Native Eirennan languages, and therefore most useful to learn, would be Saori, Ahtola, or Mankato.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:00 am
Wait a minute. That's a D&D 3.5 sheet sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 am
Yeah I went with Sorcerer too. Rogue/Sorc. Come at me.  

Knightmare Max

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:33 am
Lei wan Sang is a fighter/sorceress of full blooded Hulan ancestry.

She uses a lot of Chinese/Hulan equipment. Since 25% of Vendalians are of Hulan ancestry, many Hulan weapons are considered martial, not exotic, and most Hulan equipment is as readily available as it's Ritavian counterparts. The Hulan equipment she uses is:

Masterwork Wei Jia - A type of leather armor with a fabric backing and a lacquer coating. Uses the stats for leather armor.

Jian - A straight sword, considered a "gentleman's weapon". Uses longsword stats (there are shorter versions available that use shortsword stats, but she does not have one of these).

Dao - A broad bladed, single edged sword used for slicing and chopping. Standard issue infantry sword in many Hulan armies. Uses scimitar stats.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:23 pm
So, I'm kind of stuck. I've never actually DMed before. I build worlds, sure, but I've never been the one who actually goes out and runs the campaign. So, what am I supposed to do? I have no clue how to run the first encounter sweatdrop .  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:05 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I

It works out to the same thing. They don't have PF on myth weavers.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:46 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I

It works out to the same thing. They don't have PF on myth weavers.

Dndsheets.net.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:48 pm
So, I think I'm going to hold off on this for a bit. The campaign WILL take place, but I need to wait for a couple books on DMing to arrive at the library (Yes, I AM that pathetic. Ihere requested them, and should have them next week) so I can get some advice, DMing being something I am new at. Furthermore, I bought used copies of Unearthed Arcana and Oriental Adventures off of Amazon, and want to wait for them to arrive so I can incorporate them into the campaign. Oriental Adventures is desired for obvious reasons, this being a campaign set in a nation with a massive Chinese population, and Unearthed Arcana is desired because I want to see what awesomeness it has besides the gestalt rules. I'd also like to take some time and create different elven, dwarven, halfling, orcish, and gnomish cultures for different ethnicities so that Chinese elves act substantially different than European elves and so on. Orcs in particular will be reworked heavily, and will be more like Warcraft orcs in culture than D&D orcs.

To reiterate, the campaign is still going to take place, but it is being suspended for a bit so that I can do some additional work on it and learn some stuff about DMing, which will greatly improve it when it does take place.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:26 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
So, I think I'm going to hold off on this for a bit. The campaign WILL take place, but I need to wait for a couple books on DMing to arrive at the library (Yes, I AM that pathetic. Ihere requested them, and should have them next week) so I can get some advice, DMing being something I am new at. Furthermore, I bought used copies of Unearthed Arcana and Oriental Adventures off of Amazon, and want to wait for them to arrive so I can incorporate them into the campaign. Oriental Adventures is desired for obvious reasons, this being a campaign set in a nation with a massive Chinese population, and Unearthed Arcana is desired because I want to see what awesomeness it has besides the gestalt rules. I'd also like to take some time and create different elven, dwarven, halfling, orcish, and gnomish cultures for different ethnicities so that Chinese elves act substantially different than European elves and so on. Orcs in particular will be reworked heavily, and will be more like Warcraft orcs in culture than D&D orcs.

To reiterate, the campaign is still going to take place, but it is being suspended for a bit so that I can do some additional work on it and learn some stuff about DMing, which will greatly improve it when it does take place.

Tip: The Variant Rules section of the SRD essentially comprises almost everything in the UA.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:30 pm
Laertes Ursus
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I

Tip: The Variant Rules section of the SRD essentially comprises almost everything in the UA.
I prefer books in paper form. I like to be able to hold them.

I also requested a mass of 3.5 books from the local library 3nodding . I'm gonna spend, like, a week or two incorporating 3.5 classes into Pathfinder classes.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:21 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
Laertes Ursus
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I

I also requested a mass of 3.5 books from the local library 3nodding . I'm gonna spend, like, a week or two incorporating 3.5 classes into Pathfinder classes.

Speaking of, one you should look into: Favoured Soul. I've been considering switching over to it.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:43 pm
Laertes Ursus
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
Laertes Ursus
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I

Speaking of, one you should look into: Favoured Soul. I've been considering switching over to it.
What book is the class in?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces