Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Token guild introduction thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death Pendent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:52 pm
I have no idea where to start. I just got my computer working again not long ago. And I have no idea how to start playing in here. Can anyone help me? As I said before, I've never done DnD. I have played the online version, hence why i wanna try DnD.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:03 pm
Welcome!

You can start in my game if you want, 3.5e Defenders of the Realm. It's my first time DMing so I won't be very strict, as long as it's not messing with the story I will probably let any mistakes slide.

If you stick with a fighter, then the dice rolling should be easier, since you won't have multiple spells to work out. Just stick with a single weapon, or two perhaps, and learn the dice rolls for those.

Its a good place to start.

I'm new to DnD as well, but have played in a few games, so that's just my point of view on starting out.

BegrudginglyGood

Death Pendent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm
The thing is, I'm so new I don't even know where to make a character. Or even the dice rolls. I'm as new and blank as a fresh sheet of paper. Thats how badly I need help. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:11 pm
I'm sending a friend request so we can chat. I'll help as much as I can.

4laugh

BegrudginglyGood

Death Pendent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 pm
I'm all ears.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:27 pm
Hey, Death Pendant! It may not be D&D, but I've got a game I'm gonna be starting up here. It's called Deadlands, and it takes place in the old west. Would you be interested? I'd be happy to help you along!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Death Pendent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:34 pm
Sure. Why not.

But if anyone can help me with DnD, please do. I'm like a new, blank paper over here lol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:37 pm
Here is a link to the forum, and I have a copy of the Core Rule Book posted there. Go ahead and read through it, and then PM me with any questions! Sound good?  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Death Pendent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 pm
sounds good.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm
Hi there. The names Nick. I have never played DND before but i have always wanted too. So if anyone can help me out I would much appreciate it. Like where to start and all that good stuff.  

ghost_mercenary

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:25 pm
wrong location... sorry  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:23 pm
Does anyone have space for a newish guy?  

Death Pendent

notingles-do-po

Dangerous Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:53 pm
Hello, i am notingles do-po, 2nd edition fan, 4th edition player. Mostly due lack of the 3.5 rulebook in the local DM's part. I am a fan of making loophole abuses/seemingly ridiculous comcepts for characters or extremely serious history. I aim to become the resident freak :3

All hail pun-pun, the kobold.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:42 pm
A friend of mine suggested I join a campaign that she's joining, so I figured I'd give it a shot...maybe. I know little to nothing about D&D and I'm finding all the rules and whatnot to be a little overwhelming. What is the simplest race and class to play? I'm thinking that a barbarian of some sort sort would be pretty straightforward.  

Blaze the Fire Dragon

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:30 am
Um... Hi... Um... I'm kinda new to D&D, my friends are showing me the ropes, but I think I'd learn best by actually playing. Seeing as to how my small down in the desert (Literally) doesn't have a place to meet, nor any players, which I find quite odd, I'm trying to find a place to find some real D&Der's who can not only help me truly become a D&D player, but help train me and pick up where my friends kinda left off...

Here is what I know so far:

I tend to play young chars (age 9-13) I almost never play older characters. I can just never feel right playing older then what I RP as outside of D&D. I also tend to play 3.5, its what my friends taught me around.

You can call me Sam and I-I guess I'm looking forward to this place sweatdrop

{So nervous...}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas