Submit

hudskw11

Gaian

650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:33 pm
As a leader in my church, I have become increasingly aware of the sign of the current times. We ARE in the end times. There is much to come by way of future events...however if we keeps our eyes open and hearts on God, all will be well for His followers and servants! Many blessings to you all and God speed during these final days!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Honestly focus on your REAL life instead of something that most likely doesn't even exist. I get that you want to be good people, but you can be good and help others without needing to try to impress some fictional character. I admire your dedication to becoming good people but really you should take a moment and think about it.  

Quantum Pzx

Hygienic Ladykiller

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Clambake 200

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:26 am
Quantum Pzx

Honestly focus on your REAL life instead of something that most likely doesn't even exist. I get that you want to be good people, but you can be good and help others without needing to try to impress some fictional character. I admire your dedication to becoming good people but really you should take a moment and think about it.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but from a believer's perspective the same could be said about you. This is real life and I don't think people are faking the archaeology or the fulfilled prophecies (as they involve whole nations and monarchies spanning over thousands of years). It's not just about being good people, and it's definitely not about impressing Elohim (he's the one molding us into better people so we can't take credit; all we did was give consent). The world's definition of "good" doesn't live up to his definition, so no, you can't be good without him or without his standards.

This is the religion he wants:

Quote:
James 1:27 (NIV)

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

1 John 2:15-17 (NIV)

15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Footnotes:
a. 1 John 2:15 Or world, the Father’s love

If they don't receive his Holy Spirit, people can't resist the world with ease. They'll live in constant struggle against their flesh, and succumb to the emotions and desires of this body (the fear, lust, anger, desire for wealth, etc... driving their decision-making) instead of doing/pursuing what's right (Gal 5:16-26). When you experience it, there's not much to think about. His word is true.

Question: you're not even sure about what you're saying (using terms like "most likely"), so why are you wasting your time with people who are at peace with the world and their future?

edited

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:09 pm
Even Paul struggled with his flesh and he was a great man of God. People always have a thorn in their side. It is a constant reminder that God is all we need and His grace is enough.  

iamlost4ever
Vice Captain

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:16 am
iamlost4ever
Even Paul struggled with his flesh and he was a great man of God. People always have a thorn in their side. It is a constant reminder that God is all we need and His grace is enough.

If we heed the Holy Spirit—who, aside from the atonement sacrifice, is an undeserved gift we received (Lk 11:13, Jn 14:26)—the thorn in our side isn't a problem. That's my point. That's why his grace and his power is "made perfect" in our weaknesses. Because clearly, it's not out of our own strength that we've resisted. His Holy Spirit isn't just a seal, it enables us to overcome the limitations of the flesh. We have the Holy Spirit; the rest of the world does not. That is how his power manifests in our weaknesses and it serves as a testimony to the unbelieving world: we aren't slaves to sin anymore (Rom 6:6), we've been forgiven, the desires of our flesh do not make the decisions, YHWH/the word is the basis. It's only a struggle/temptation when the flesh hasn't been brought into submission under the Spirit.

edit: maybe "struggle" isn't the right word, but believers do not live life as a victim of sin, under the rule or persuasion of the flesh, no matter what disability, affliction, or "messenger of Satan" comes your way (2 Cor 12:7-10).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:50 pm
Amen
Cappeh Sensai

I have to warn all of you. Please, get right with God. The Lord is coming, very soon. Sooner then you all expect. The day, and hour, is unknown. Not even the Angels or Son in Heaven knows when His return shall be. He is ready for His people, but not all His people are ready for Him. He cannot wait forever, for an eternity my friends. Get right with God, please. The Bible is the directions to life, of your salvation, that will last an eternity. It's the ultimate road map. I say this to all of you, from the bottom of my heart, and the midsts of my spirit, because I love each and everyone of you. I want to see all of us, caught up together, in the clouds, with the Lord, when He returns, for His glorious church! God Bless all of you!

HannahHeaven

Hilarious Noob

W33D bot-14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 am
Every night, every time i go to sleep... I started crying and telling Jesus why do we have to die, Life are short.
but i encourage myself that God will be with us all the time, he won't let us go alone, were always be with Jesus Christ smile Praise the lord.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:54 am

yes, the time is near
i'm kinda scared and stuff sweatdrop
and there's some saying that the world will end on December 21, 2012
and that the four days before that day, there will be total darkness
but i don't know, the Bible said nothing about it, right?
wahhh...i don't know what to believe!! gonk

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

christdisciple82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:14 pm
No one knows when Christ will return. We must be waiting for Him. He will come as a thief in the night. Meaning it will be quiet and dark, we wont even see His return if we dont look for His coming.
People get ready because Jesus is coming. Soon and very soon we will be taken away to the place we all belong. Are you ready?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm

yes, the time is near

That was just conspiracy. Nobody knows the day nor hour. We must fully be alert and prepared at all times.  

Le Pale to the Chief
Captain

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Llamatized

Big Wife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:22 pm
I don't see why we must prepare for Him. Being Christians, we should already be prepared. None of us have any idea when the End will happen, and we shouldn't be worried about it, either.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:06 pm
All I can say is, Come, Lord Jesus, Come! Your people need You now, more than ever. Now is the most crucial time to commit your life to Jesus!  

DragonFang09

Devoted Friend

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200

DragonFang09

Devoted Friend

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:00 pm

yes, the time is near

No, the Bible said nothing about that. and I said the world wouldn't end that day, and it didn't. I knew that it was something Satan had spread around via whatever source he could.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:34 am
Skeleson
It still scares me, not knowing when He is coming. I'm always feeling like I'm not ready and that I'm not completely right with God, though I'm a Christian.

I find it less scary and more like a surprise birthday party. Because He knows us fully and we don't really have to 'make stuff right' we just need to be the best we can be 3nodding  

junebug217

Blessed Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

junebug217

Blessed Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:39 am
W33D bot-14
Every night, every time i go to sleep... I started crying and telling Jesus why do we have to die, Life are short.
but i encourage myself that God will be with us all the time, he won't let us go alone, were always be with Jesus Christ smile Praise the lord.

The way I think about death, we will finally meet God, it's not something to cry about, it's something to look forward to, in a weird way. We should enjoy our time here, but Heaven will be full of joy and wonder, ever so much better. In this life we are just soap bubbles compared to what we will be then.  
Gaian Christian Fellowship

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff