Welcome to Gaia! ::

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Back to Guilds

Guild to teach, learn or talk about japanese language and culture 

Tags: Anime, Contest, Japanese, Giveaway, Free 

Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Why did/are you learning Japanese? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It was...
anime~ ;D
36%
 36%  [ 50 ]
other. ^w^
63%
 63%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 136

Kosher Coffee Bean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:49 pm
I love insane nail designs (have been practicing them for quite a while) and in Tokyo, Japan, there's a huge nail fashion runway show. Every year they choose a "nail artist" to be the top nail artist of the entire city. I really, really want to go and witness one of those week-long convention tours and in order to do that, Japanese has to be a language I'd have to be pretty fluent in. I'd rather not drag around a translator the whole time. Even with a translator, it's not all the same.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:26 pm
Being able to communicate with my tomodachis and Kazoku.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:08 pm
Being able to understand the meaning and living on.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:12 pm
I'm watching a lot of Tokusatsu and I'm starting to pick up on the language naturally. I'd like to retain this momentum and carry through on learning Japanese.  

DomesticViking

Malevolent Tactician

7,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:52 pm
um Technically I finished watching Happy boys. I was hoping to go back to it to understand what they are saying and use it correctly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:13 pm
I also should watch again Shugo chara  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:24 pm
even watch Honey and clover
it was awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:47 am
One day I'd really love to study abroud out there, so in the meantime I'm going to learn as much about Japan as possible. This includes being able to speak Japanese. I'd be in bad shape if I went out there and didn't even know how to talk sweatdrop . That's all.  

Midori_Sapporo

Devoted Hunter

10,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200

ShebaLatray

Friendly Giver

9,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:10 am
4laugh I used to live in Japan, but then moved to Germany. I started learning German and lost my japanese. sweatdrop Shame on me, I know. I know all the people I knew there are probably dead and gone, but I'd like to go back and visit for awhile and see my old schools.

The other reason is to understand anime w/o having to put the english subtitles on. Doing all that reading makes you miss what's happening in the movie.

Last reason, I love Japanese Cuisine heart and the place I go I'd love to talk with the owners in their own language. I've been trying, but it's beyond choppy...they just smile at me, but they are patient. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 am
What originally sparked my interest in Japan was anime, but I was young then. I've since mostly grown out of anime and manga (As I haven't watched anime in years I do enjoy manga sometimes still)

After learning more about the country I started liking the culture, the festivals, defiantly some of the food (not fishy ones though) alot of the clothes too. Less things like fruits and more like the traditional clothing. Although I do like classic lolita and a few others.

I plan on visiting the country (to possibly try and model there as I
m short, lmao) and to enjoy some festivals. I really want to go there in the summer, spring to see the cherry blossom trees and in winter.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

cshmr

3,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:19 am
Started learning the language because my mother is full Japanese and I want to work there when I am older. 4laugh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:50 am
Though anime was the first gateway into the world of Japanese culture, now my reasons go beyond just wanting to want an anime episode without subtitles. I love everything about Japan - its rich history, the culture, the fashion, the sound of the language.

Another reason was I wanted to be a little different than everyone else around me who wanted to learn Spanish. Spanish is a wonderful language as well, but it just wasn't for me. I had dabbled in Spanish, German, and French before, but none of them caught my interest. When I first learned "Konnichiwa," [though I now know it's spelled Konnichiha whee ] however, it touched my very soul.

Now I have several textbooks, audio cds, computer programs, and online sites that I use to help my Japanese proficiency - such as Genki, Michel Thomas, Rosetta Stone, and LiveMocha.com.

I hope to some day visit Japan (perhaps even stay there for a time) and be able to hold and understand many conversations. biggrin  

Avaran

Conservative Nerd

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:50 am
I should try Live mochi.com and Genki japan. So far some of the site i used are not helpful.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:46 am
Being part Japanese, I wanted to learn the language. [sigh] I am learning still but need more work on to vocabulary, been listening to audio on CDs. Felt so left behind not learning at a young age. XD
and yes I am all asian =3  

GoIden Sun Mia

DresdenDawl

Dapper Dabbler

3,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:46 pm
I hope to some day live in Japan! cat_4laugh  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]