Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Q & A Thread: Questions Answered Here Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm
I'd play a game or two to get the hang of it. Or at least go through the archives of some of the games.

It's basically the same. Except you type.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:41 pm
@rain: I do :3

@Thhartokk: one, very D&D username xD Two, if it's the same then I shuld be fine as soon as I get the guild rules annd what not etc etc :3  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:48 pm
... guild rules? sweatdrop

As long as you're not a meany jerky mean jerk, I don't think there's any rules to follow, per se.

Any GAMING rules should be established in your proposed thread. I would type up a description of the game you want, what source materials you want, and how many openings you are willing to allow. I suggest including a [D&D 3.5] tag into your thread name, as well as "Recruiting" if feel so bold.

Any house rules you wish to enforce should probably be stated up front, as well.

Beyond that, you'll have to see how many people take the bait (suckers!) before you plan TOO far ahead. If you are a fan of mini maps, I suggest finding some sort of online mapping tool to help. I use a very old version of Photoshop. Some people use MSPaint. Some people use actual game mapping software. Of course, if you want to avoid them altogether, it's not a concern ^-^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:13 pm
cool O3O I'll probably get to it tomorrow :3  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:07 pm
Hi. New to the Guild, veteran gamer and veteran screwball ^^.

If someone could help me with a D&D v.4.0 character I'd like to make, maybe point me towards a character sheet and pdf of the player's handbook (nothing I need to pay for, funds are tight), I'd be grateful.

EDIT: Also, recruiting for a game of 3.5. Be prepared for weirdness.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:12 pm
I can offer help with character questions from many (but not all) of the books. However, it's against Gaia's ToS or somesuch to ask for copyrighted things like that, so you'll have to find the PDF on your own sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:22 pm
well, bugger.

How does this sound for a campaign concept:

"The town your characters live in sits on a magical dungeon that changes its structure whenever there isn't a group of adventurers inside it. It randomly generates gold and magical items, as well as summoning or otherwise abducting monsters. The first floor is immune, and shopkeepers there sell various wares."

Basically taking any sort of attempt at explaining the random presence of an underground dungeon complex out of the picture.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:44 pm
Apologies for the double-post, but how does one go about making a character sheet on myth-weavers?

EDIT: nvm.  

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm
Doctor_Whiteface
well, bugger.

How does this sound for a campaign concept:

"The town your characters live in sits on a magical dungeon that changes its structure whenever there isn't a group of adventurers inside it. It randomly generates gold and magical items, as well as summoning or otherwise abducting monsters. The first floor is immune, and shopkeepers there sell various wares."

Basically taking any sort of attempt at explaining the random presence of an underground dungeon complex out of the picture.

It sounds like a computer game and a wii game I played once....I believe the pc game was called Fate and the wii game was FF Chocobo Dungeon. I liked both of the games then because of the randomization. I would ask what system you would be using and where would you be playing it?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:39 pm
I'm sorry for sounding like a n00b, but I'm trying to build a half-elf ranger & I'm struggling big time.
My main issue is that I am very confused after constant reading about this Paragon Path (only because of I'm not sure if I have to put it down immediately or wait til so & so level) stuff & also the fighting style crap (only because I am not sure if it's supposed to be a feat or not).
Sorry for the bothersome crap.  

Drag0nK1d

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:34 pm
Paragon Paths aren't chosen until you hit 11th level, so you needn't concern yourself with it now, if you're lower. They are easier on players than 3rd ed's Prestige Classes, because there are so few prerequisites.

And when choosing your Fighting Style, just jot down under your Class Features that you're either a Two-Blade ranger or an Archer ranger.

Archer rangers get "Defensive Mobility" (p194) for free. Two-Blade rangers get "Toughness" (p201) for free. But if you choose the Archer Path, you could still take all melee powers if you want. Really, all you're choosing is the bonus feat you'd want. Two-Blade rangers also get to hold two regular one-handed weapons too.

Your choice of class feature might influence feats and paragon paths you might be limited to later, though, so you should still pick the type of ranger you want to be via those features smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:40 pm
Thanks.
Sorry bout that n00bish question.
It's what I get for not playing this in 4 years.  

Drag0nK1d

Fiend The Bunny

Fluffy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:45 pm
Alright, here is a complicated and new process I need some help with.

I want to create an 'Engineer' or 'Scientist' class for 3.5, a base class.

I want him to be able to create things which he can cause havoc with.

Like an arm mounted Tesla Coil which shoots lightning, or hand grenades which contain blessed water.

Just be able to invent and then destroy people with. I already got clearance from my DM to try it, but I have no idea where to even begin or how to implement and make it balanced.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:00 pm
The Fiend of the West
Alright, here is a complicated and new process I need some help with.

I want to create an 'Engineer' or 'Scientist' class for 3.5, a base class.

I want him to be able to create things which he can cause havoc with.

Like an arm mounted Tesla Coil which shoots lightning, or hand grenades which contain blessed water.

Just be able to invent and then destroy people with. I already got clearance from my DM to try it, but I have no idea where to even begin or how to implement and make it balanced.

I could be reading this wrong, but the class you have described sounds like the Artificer from Eberron, or the Alchemist from Pathfinder There is more to it but this is a basic write up on the class. http://www.destil.org/Eberron/index.php/Classes

Oh and the best way I know how to balance something is to get allot of people to play the class and give feedback.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Fiend The Bunny

Fluffy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:21 am
Hey look.

You just made my day in 6.5 seconds.

Thank you.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff