Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:06 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

As Kojiro would attempt to announce his presence, he would be pre-empted by a woman with shoulder-length brown hair and very calm, collected eyes. "May I help you? Though I suspect the answer to this is no; you two are not very subtle," Shinjo Gemmei would inquire, blocking the entrance into the tent.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:14 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

{Initiative of 9}

Denbe manages to get the upper hand on Hogai, who was still a little too winded to make the first move. Denbe, have at it!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 6, 8, 4 Total: 23 (4-40)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:22 pm
Hisashi would follow after Kojiro and bow respectfully to Gemmei.

"Our apologies for intruding, but we were wondering if we could speak to Sayoko-san? We were much impressed with her strong performance in the archery competition and were curious if we could ask her a few questions about her technique. I believe Kojiro-san also has a few other things he would like to ask her as well."

(Etiquette [Sincerity] Check 4k3)

(Attempting to defuse a potential situation through politeness as well as make an opening to talk to Sayoko. I can make a separate roll for both, if you wish.)  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 9, 8 Total: 33 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 pm
@The Unicorn Tent

Kojiro would bow respectfully to Gemmei as well. "I thought it may help Sayako-san chain the fires within her to talk to someone. She need not shoulder any burden she carries alone."

OOC: Awareness/Etiquette (Sincerity)
Result: 28  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 pm
Splodey Die  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:37 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

Gemmei would nod knowingly to the two, her expression never less than pleasant. "I will need to confer with Sayoko-sama, to see how she feels about company. I myself am leaving shortly. Excuse me for one moment." Gemmei would bow, and leave the two of you to stand outside the tent, as quiet words are shared within.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 3, 2, 2, 8 Total: 15 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:43 pm
@Unicorn Tent

Kojiro would look over to Hisashi questioningly while waiting for Gemmei-san's word. Sayako-sama? Why would Gemmei refer to her as a higher ranking individual?

OOC Awareness/ Investigation
Results: 13
Explodies are taken from the last unkept die first.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:08 pm
@ Unicorn Tent:

Kojiro was unable to glean the meaning behind the title, coming up empty on the matter. Before too long, however, Gemmei would return.

"Sayoko-sama will see you. However, she would like me to inform you that she will kill both of you if either one of you get on her nerves. If you have no other weapons than your wakizashis, then you may enter." Gemmei would bow, stepping aside and allowing you entrance into the Unicorn Clan tent.

It would be quite a sight, compared to either of yours. There would be belts and furs all over the place, and down pillows on what you presume would be Gemmei's bedding. The smell of meat also reaches your senses, like an incense. The air in here was musky, and the ambient light was so low that it made it difficult for you to see. Behind a white shoji screen, a figure's silhouette was laying upon her bed, taking a whetstone to her katana.

"Why are you here, wasting my time?" a rasped voice would sound from across the tent. Without a word, Gemmei would return to a mat near her bed, kneeling upon it as she picked up a half-eaten bowl of rice (the rice, not the bowl), and proceed to very patiently and meticulously eat it, several grains at a time.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 5, 4 Total: 19 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm
@The Unicorn Tent

Kojiro would hand Gemmei his Katana in it's saya before entering the tent. "If you must leave before we are through with our business, you may prop it against the entrance."

The Scorpion would enter the room respectfully. "This reminds me of the room I was in during my brother's wedding. Very ...exotic. As to why we are here, Horiuchi-sama, We are of the clans that give help. We are also of the clans who are unafraid to give help to anyone."

OOC:
Etiquette/Awareness
Result: 18
First unkept die will be used in case of explosions.  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 4, 7, 6, 8, 9 Total: 38 (6-60)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:38 pm
Denbe would bow once again, and hesitate slightly, to try and allow Hogai to start. When he did not, however, his comment on taking it easy came to mind, and while Denbe almost felt unsporting about it, the Crab had his pride, and seemed to almost enjoy the injury more than regret it.

So the Hare took off at full speed again, much like before building momentum and slinging himself into the air- but this time snapping himself into one great dropkick, slamming both heels outward, set to knock Hogai over.

Or at backward, at least.

He was pretty big.

[Leap of the Hare. Add full attack raises to damage, free raise and two raises to knockdown.]
[6k4+3 Jiujutsu(Strike): 33 vs Hogai's TNtbH+10]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 8 Total: 14 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:39 pm
[3k3 Jiujutsu(Striking) Damage: 14]  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:55 pm
@ Jiujutsu Competition:

Hogai's Earth/Insight Rank result: 27-3(Nicked) = 24.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 3 Total: 20 (3-30)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:59 pm
[3k2 Knockdown: 21]  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:00 pm
[You know the drill: 4]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:24 pm
@ Jiujutsu Duel:

Denbe would rush forward, Hida Hogai closing up his defenses as he expected a frontal assault. He was ill prepared for FLYING HARES as Denbe took to the skies, giving Hogai the Mario treatment as he stomped on and bounced off of his skull, landing behind the Crab. However, despite this, Hogai's head was... well, as hard as can be expected, and all it seemed to do was momentarily stun the Crab.

Whirling around, Hogai would attempt a swinging roundhouse kick to catch Denbe off guard before he could recover, using all the benefits of Denbe's Full Attack for damage. {20 vs TN 14+3, hit!; 34(!) damage, Denbe is Out!} Lifting his foot high, he would turn the kick into a stomp, and a muffled cry would be heard just as Hogai buried the hare into the dirt.

"Er... Denbe-san? Denbe-san?" Hogai would lift his boot and find the twitching Denbe on the ground, a ruined mess. "I... ah... whoops?"

Kuni Raicho would sigh and shake her head. "Just... just take him and get him patched up for the finals..."

Hogai would sweatdrop, and grab Denbe by his obi, carrying him off casually, like a basket or farming tool.

Ujina Denbe wins, and moves on to the finals!

Yoritomo Susumu would rush in as soon as Hogai would leave, already eager to fight. "Come out, come out, lil' birdy! It's time ta have yer wings plucked!" he wound announce to the watching samurai. Kuni Raicho didn't seem quite put off by this as she should, but she would speak up.

"That's enough, Susumu-san. We fight when I say, not you."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games