Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Does Anyone Know How to Drive This Thing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:59 pm
User Image User Image User Image
Marcus Wells

Marcus didn't like all this talk of taking hostages. He didn't like hostages. They were unreliable. Then again this whole thing was taking longer than he wanted it too. He'd have preferred to dash on around the ship, kill the crew, and then sail to some fun island. "Gowon wouldn't know what to do with it." Marcus mumbled to himself when Brandon suggested they give the pirates a picture of a guard's family. He knew the idea was probably not an honest suggestion but he didn't have much else to add. Marcus's foot had begun tapping as the group tried to figure out what they were gonna do.

"If I agree to play dress up can we get a move on?" Marcus still was not used to the perception of time he was presently living in. He wanted his powers back. "I'll just snip the b*****d's hand off. Anyone have a knife?" No hand still had a pulse... or it would long enough for Marcus to pop their collars off.

Date: January 28, 2013 | Alias: Whiplash

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:43 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

Unless the device was designed so it wasn't meant to be removed, Alison was confident she could get it off without the head duchebag noticing. She sort of doubted it was designed so it couldn't be removed. That would make showering awkward. Still, she was kind of relieved Brandon called out Liv to play dress up. Then she snorted after Brandon brought up leverage. "If a guy like that has a wife. I can't see anyone putting up with him unless he's making bank." Little did she know she would be meeting a much larger douchbag relatively soon. Though breaking into his cabin and blackmailing him was totally up Alison's alley. "What kind of pirates don't know how to blackmail? Isn't hostage-taking and ransoming where they get most of their money?" She asked Marcus. At least that was what Hollywood told her. Well, mostly Captain Phillips, but supposedly it was a true story. She gave a sort of hapless shrug when Marcus asked for a knife. "We could go back to the engine room for some bolt cutters."

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

"Arm breaking and hostage-taking. I can do it." She agreed, but then Marcus hopped in offering to be the one to go in and wanting to cut the mans handoff. She gave a nonchalant shrug. "If you think you'll fit his clothing," Olivia commented, looking from Marcus to the guard as if trying to compare their sizes. She set to work undressing the unconscious guard, by setting to work unclipping the various pieces of bottom armour. They had all agreed to the general concept of someone playing dress-up. Now it was just a matter of deciding who and what they would do. "I have that steak knife, but I'm not sure you'll be able to cut through bone with that. At least not before everyone else in the room fills you with holes." She tossed the last piece of body armour into the pile and began pulling the nylon shirt off over the guards head. "You could see if either of those two have anything." She jerked her head towards the crew member and the pirate that had been fighting before they had shown up. She sort of doubted modern-day pirates would still carry machetes, but she had lived a pretty sheltered life and wasn't about to claim they didn't. Even with a machete, she wasn't sure Marcus would have time to swing it before getting shot. She added the shirt to the pile and began to work on the man's pants while she waited for Marcus to make an executive decision on if he wanted to go in or have herself do it.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:35 am
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

Brandon was genuinely shocked when Marcus said his pirate friend wouldn't know how to blackmail someone with a picture. Either that or he couldn't find someone with a picture alone, which seemed equally as bizarre to him since he had found Jayson initially without a picture, based on his memory of Adora. "Of course he has a wife, he makes money and spends a lot of time away from home. I bet he has at least two kids." He nodded his head as Alison questioned what kind of pirate doesn't know basic crimes. "Maybe he makes his money downloading films illegally." He grinned. Then looked at Marcus sharply when he suggested using a knife to hack off the guards arm. Brandon might have only started medical school, but he wasn't an idiot when it came to the body. "Who do you think you are? Hattori Hanzo? I'm sorry but you'd need more than that steak knife to cut off someone's arm quickly. I guess if he didn't notice the first dozen chops, we'd be golden but I'd rather not leave that to chance." He pulled another idea out of the air. "How about we try finding medical, getting a syringe and sedating him? At least that way we could play about with the remote before moving onto the live dissection." He hoped that Marcus wasn't being serious about knifing the person they needed to keep alive.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:06 pm
Marcus Wells

"Don't look at me, it's not my fault he is a bad pirate. Gowon is more of a smash and grab guy. He likes living off loot." Marcus replied to Alison with a shrug. He'd been lucky to have any contact at all. When Alison suggested they go back to the room for bolt cutters Marcus laughed slightly "You'd pass out if I cut his hand off with bolt cutters." And with that Marcus walked over to check the dead guard and pirate who had been fighting before the group arrived. Marcus had just knelt down to rummage through their things and found something quite useful when he heard Brandon's voice.

"I think that I am someone who normally moves at a few hundred miles an hour and have cut off many a hand with such a knife before. Maybe I'll demonstrate for you when we get these collars off." Somehow that sounded more like a threat because Marcus didn't turn to look at Brandon. He held up a small stick-like object. "Extendable baton, dibs."

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:38 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

"Are the kids his?" Alison asked, feeding into Brandon's fabricated backstory for the Luitenant. It wasn't a particularly productive conversation when it came to figuring out how to get the collars off, but it was a nice distraction from certain other things. Like the two corpses in the room. "I hear it is as profitable as downloading cars." She added, referencing the adverts about not downloading movies. She had no idea who Hattori Hanzo was, but a snicker escaped at the idea of the guard not noticing Marcus sawing away at his hand. At least until he explained his thought process and threatened Bradon.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

Marcus headed over to the dead guard, and so Olivia took that as a cue to start getting dressed. Or undressed as it were, while Bradon and Alison joked around a bit. They had been sitting here too long, and the last thing they needed was a repeat of when they were down in the basement all arguing of what to do next. Though Brandon's comment about downloading illegal films caused Liv to snort in amusement. She pulled her shirt off over her head. Based on the issue of cutting the guys handoff, it seemed better for her to be playing dress-up anyway. That wasn't to say she was equally capable of doing something stupid, forgetting about her lack of powers, but it was less likely to kill all of them if she did. "Don't suppose you would have a general idea where medical will be?" Then she started pulling on the guard's shirt. She wasn't particularly fond of the idea of wandering about the ship, but they needed to find one those tactical guards with a helmet. Next, she dropped her pants. If she was concerned about either of the men she didn't show it. There was no time for modesty and being a science experiment had sort of skewed her perspective on it anyway. Luckily the spandex material was designed to fit a lot of body sizes. Gotta love company uniforms she thought as she pulled up the guards black pants and got to work on strapping on the body armour. "We need to find a helmet, and I have no idea where to look. At least a medical room will give us a heading." With luck, they would find what they needed. With luck, the pirates would hold out that long, or win the fight. "Ten minutes to look for this medical room? Worst case Marcus can knock him out with that baton." Even that seemed too long. Things happened quickly in combat and Liv wanted off this boat ASAP. "Any objections." She asked as she put on the last piece of the guards' outfit. The shoes. They fit perfectly. Christ, she hoped they didn't have any objections. Mostly because she just wanted to get moving as soon as she finished putting away the few items she had.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

"Yes, well ones of them is, it's the one with red hair. The cool one, Antonio, is the either the plumbers, the TV repair guy, the gardener or one of five other guys, it was a busy day." He shook his head, almost pitying the imaginary kid he had created. Marcus spoke and Brandon feigned shock. "Really? You know people use saws for a reason... Just saying." He was firmly of the belief that using a knife to cut a bone, no matter how fast you were wouldn't be an easy job. He wasn't saying it was impossible and he assumed that Marcus would make it look quick if he had his powers, but there was better ways, it would be like trying to hammer in a screw, it could be done but there are better ways. He largely ignored Liv getting changed, he might have cared once but this wasn't exactly the situation. "It's probably be close by. We're right next to the engine room, where I assume most accidents are likely to happen. I wouldn't want to drag a guy who had just had his leg crushed to the other side of the ship." It just seemed logical. Then again the ship wasn't exactly well sign posted, worker safety probably hadn't been a top priority.  

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:19 am
Marcus Wells

Marcus extended the baton and swung it in the air in front of himself to get a feel for the weight of it and how long it took him to complete the movement. Marcus waited uncomfortably for Liv to get ready. To clarify he was uncomfortable because he was waiting and he hated waiting, not because Liv was changing. She proposed they find the medical room and Marcus rolled his eyes. It felt like a delay but it was a direction at the least. He could survive a ten minute search. "Alright, ten minutes." Besides, any plan that included Marcus getting to bash someone over the head was probably a fun plan.

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

Well, at least they had a plan. Liv wasn't sure how good of a plan, but she felt better knowing they had something. She didn't holster the gun but held it in both hands in front of her. This time Liv took point. She had body armour on which would provide some protection if they were shot at, and the other would likely not open fire on her right away. Then again, the pirates were more likely to attack her on sight. There was some logic to what Brandon said. The biggest question was if is the same logic whoever designed these ships used. She wished there were more maps with 'You are here' signs but she supposed the only people who were on a freighter ship were people who worked on ships and didn't need maps. It was hardly a cruise liner with tons of guests on vacation.

Following the unconscious guards' directions, Olivia let them to yet another staircase. However, instead of going all the way to the top to reach the bridge, she left one floor up. If the medic room wasn't on this floor....if it was locked or didn't have a sedative... She hoped Marcus was good with a batton. The hallway seemed empty, as she casually stepped out before motioning for the others to follow her. That didn't mean there wasn't someone behind one of the doors. "Spread out and see what we can find?" She suggested.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:59 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

Brandon followed along behind the gun, he kept watch as they moved but without a weapon and only partially dressed he was beginning to flag. He really wished he had found some shoes before now as his feet were getting cold and it was starting become an issue. "What happened to your gun?" He asked Marcus as they ascended the stairs, he had seen him playing with the baton and it struck him as odd that he would have downgraded from this pistol. They reached the apex of the stairs and Olivia suggested that the spread out. "We'll go this way." He pointed down the corridor and then at Alison, who was the closest. "If you find the medical office, give me a shout." He was looking for socks, his quest trumped escape and the collars at that moment in time for two reason, he had no powers to get back and his foot temperature was beginning to hurt. He walked along with his temporary partner, taking care to check corners before turning them. "What's that film where they all have to escape from an overturned ship? It's an old one. I think it's a cruise ship." It was probably a risk, but one he was willing to run to break the silence. He opened a door, with a fancy golden plaque on the outside, and poked his head inside, a large writing desk separated it from any room they had seen prior. "In here. I think this might be our dear captain's cabin." He gestured towards the desk as he floated towards the chest of drawers near the bed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:51 pm
Marcus Wells

"Don't worry about it." Marcus responded dismissively to Brandon when he asked where Marcus had put his gun. Marcus moved forward behind Liv like the rest of them until the time came to separate. Brandon elected to go with Alison, a decision Marcus wasn't sure he supported. He felt protective of Allison because she seemed to be the most innocent of them... then again maybe distant from himself was best for her in that case. All the same he nodded to Brandon before the man left and turned to Liv. "So what are the odds we just walk into a room with all the keys we need?" Marcus asked as he reached to back back of his waistband and pulled out the pistol from before.

Deadly_Tiger

vortex2365

Kungfudemoness

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 pm
User Image

Alison Valentine

"Probably loves it more than his kids." Alison grinned and sudden inspiration hit her and she headed back towards the door. She dug out the steak knife and set to work on the plaque while Brandon proceeded to ransack the room. "He works for a load of dicks even bigger than himself." She gave a shrug to indicate she didn't really care who he worked for. "Who would you call?" Alison asked while wondering whatever happened to the phone Marcus had had to call the pirates. She honestly hadn't thought about it until now, but then again she didn't know who she would call either. 911 didn't seem like it would particularly helpful. 'Hello, police? I've been kidnapped and I'm trapped on a ship in the middle of the ocean...I'm not sure which ocean.' "I'm on board, we just need to find something to start a fire with." The idea that starting a fire on a ship they were trapped on didn't occur to her as a bad idea. Unfortunately, they had yet to come across lighters or matches. If they were really determined they could pull some wires out of the wall and make a spark, but that would be time-consuming. Time was not something Alison was used to being short on.

"Just about done." She answered when he asked about the knife. She took a step back to admire her artwork. Alison had gone for the classic d**k. Simple, but the symbolism was great. "Spend a lot of time picking locks?" She asked curiously, as she handed over the knife. "What's the deal with you and Olivia anyway?" They seemed to know each other well but weren't exactly super friendly. Then she set to work on the bookshelf.

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Olivia Sterling
Stitches

"Slightly lower than randomly running into this medical room." She commented before heading down a different corridor than the one Brandon and Alison went down. "Though I'm assuming it'll have one of those big red crosses on the door, so that'll save us some time. Or cause us to walk past it without knowing." Given what she had seen from the ship; that they had been kept in a hidden compartment behind the engine room, she didn't expect the medical room to be hidden. She imagined everything else about this ship was religiously up to code and there was some sort of international standard about first aid rooms being marked with the big red cross. "What did you mean by you should have let it go earlier? Who were you talking to?"

Jan 28th 2013

Kungfudemoness
nine1122
vortex2365

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

vortex2365

Wheezing Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:14 pm
Kungfudemoness

nine1122

Deadly_Tiger

User Image

Brandon Russell

He shook his head, he had been thinking about the film he had brought up for way too long at this point. "Nah, that's not it. It'll come to me." He had found a shirt and was putting it on. It felt nice to actually cover his freezing arms, now if he could find some shoes and not have to worry about giving himself tetanus by putting his foot through the floor then he might be somewhere close to being happy. He glanced over at the plaque and in idea occurred to him, he was not above being petty and if something happened he wanted to make sure they ruined the captains stuff. "Probably loves the plaque, lets ruin it." He pulled out a jumper and slid it on over the shirt, then put on two pairs of socks. "See, I told you." If there was no shoes then he would improvise. "It's the captains room, a GPS phone thing would be nice. Or some sort of clue who he works for, or grenades?" He was pushing it with that last one. "Honestly I want to trash the room and set it on fire?" He walked over to the desk and tried the top drawer, locked, he tried the next one, it slid open but contained nothing but papers. He yanked it out the desk, splintering the wood as he pried it out of it's slot. He looked up, pleased by his act of destruction. "Have you still got that knife? There must be something in here otherwise why lock it?" He pointed at the bookshelves. "Better chuck them on the floor, there might be a secret... something." He grinned and then continued pulling the other drawers off their hinges more out of spite, the second one he had pulled out had contained a locked box which he had placed on the desk, the keys were probably on the captains person and if this was anything like films, it contained his heart. "Find anything?" He was holding the final unlocked drawer that he had wrenched out of the desk. He was feeling considerably better about the whole situation now and didn't care that he had probably just made more noise than the pirates with AK's on deck. There was just the one locked drawer left in tact.  
Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff