Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm
Rae Starshine

"Ah. Well, it has been a long time since Xavier and I have been in Gaia together, and I doubt very much you've been briefed on the significance of earring combinations in Ilsedeflora culture. I hardly think you're the only one who might have forgotten." Minty swerved to avoid a minefield of banana peels, "But consider it forgotten."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:36 pm
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

"Ah. Well, it has been a long time since Xavier and I have been in Gaia together, and I doubt very much you've been briefed on the significance of earring combinations in Ilsedeflora culture. I hardly think you're the only one who might have forgotten." Minty swerved to avoid a minefield of banana peels, "But consider it forgotten."

"Thank you." There's another long silence, where the only sounds come from the game in front of them. Yoshi finally ascends to first place again, only to be dethroned moments later by an errant Red Shell.

"Will you tell me about it? I've never been." Cher had been to many places in her previous line of work,
but the Rose Prince's kingdom had not been one of them.

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Rae Starshine

"I think Xavier might be the only person from Gaia who has." Minty's brows knit in thought, "No...Monster ended up there somehow last Halloween. I don't think he knew it though."

Her controller clacked as she stared at the screen and considered where to start.

"So on Ilsedeflora, earrings are used to signal a lot of important information about a person. There's a lot of finer points like the size and shape of hoops or the particular shades and combination of metals. I'd probably need to make a pamphlet or something to cover all of it. The basics though are silver for royal family members, gold for military service, one piercing for children, two for adults, and three for married." Peach slid into second place, "Of course since I'm not home, I don't always adhere to it. And the little ivory roses are a unique addition. But it would still feel weird wearing three piercings if I wasn't married."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 pm
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

"I think Xavier might be the only person from Gaia who has." Minty's brows knit in thought, "No...Monster ended up there somehow last Halloween. I don't think he knew it though."

Her controller clacked as she stared at the screen and considered where to start.

"So on Ilsedeflora, earrings are used to signal a lot of important information about a person. There's a lot of finer points like the size and shape of hoops or the particular shades and combination of metals. I'd probably need to make a pamphlet or something to cover all of it. The basics though are silver for royal family members, gold for military service, one piercing for children, two for adults, and three for married." Peach slid into second place, "Of course since I'm not home, I don't always adhere to it. And the little ivory roses are a unique addition. But it would still feel weird wearing three piercings if I wasn't married."

"Oh? That sounds like an adventure waiting to be told." Cher tsked softly, watching Peach fly by and not currently being able to do anything about it.

"That's rather complicated, but not the strangest thing I've heard." As soon as their current race ends, and Yoshi finally manages to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, the detective sets her controller once more in her lap, stretching her arms above her head, and eliciting a few satisfying pops from her back.

"In my family, everyone's middle name is a color or fruit in their native tongue." Cher rarely talks about her family. The only other person who knows this is Toby, and that's only because they've been friends for so long.

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 pm
Rae Starshine

"I only realized how complicated it was when I had to explain it to people." She laughed, "Everyone back home just knows."

Minty set down her own controller and stretched herself. Cher had made it look good.

"Native tongue? Are you all adopted?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 pm
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

"I only realized how complicated it was when I had to explain it to people." She laughed, "Everyone back home just knows."

Minty set down her own controller and stretched herself. Cher had made it look good.

"Native tongue? Are you all adopted?"

"It's good that you consider it home." The last place Cher lived felt like home, but they hadn't even been human, and it had been a difficult adjustment. Ironically, she now works with almost exclusively non-humans.

Cher hums thoughtfully before shaking her head. "My past is complicated. I was shunted to Earth because it became too dangerous to be a sky pirate's daughter during a blood feud. My parents felt I would be safer there, and set me up for adoption. So, I suppose I technically was adopted. My brother was old enough to stay."

She shrugs, undoing the cuffs of her uniform to roll up her sleeves to the crook of her elbows. The fabric seems to flow like water, and settles where she wills it to. "My mother was French, and my father Italian. I am fluent in both, though it was hidden from even myself for many long years. Don't ask." She spreads her hands in front of her as if to say 'Eh, what can you do?'

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:01 pm
Rae Starshine

"I was born there, why wouldn't I?" She laughed, "Your adopted mother and father were French and Italian or your pirate ones?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 pm
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

"I was born there, why wouldn't I?" She laughed, "Your adopted mother and father were French and Italian or your pirate ones?"

"That does explain some things." Cher leans forward, cupping her neck in small hands, fingers rubbing soothing shapes at the base of her skull.

"My biological ones. My adoptive ones spoke only English and basically demanded I do the same, while hardly daring to teach me how." She shrugs, like it's no big deal to her now, and it isn't.

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 am
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

((Yes, I can see that being a possible issue. Yet, I don't think anyone will drop one for the other. I still see the cause for possible frets and hope that none should come from it.
Mm, how gritty. Should he need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
We value a friend's happiness above our own at times. But I could not enjoy it knowing you had none, so back to sharing. ))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:22 pm
Rae Starshine

"So that's why you have such an ear for languages." She thought a moment and arched a brow, "Okay...color me curious. What sorts of things does it explain?"

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

I WILL PRETEND YOU DIDN'T SAY ADDITIONAL FRETS. gonk  

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:31 pm
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

"So that's why you have such an ear for languages." She thought a moment and arched a brow, "Okay...color me curious. What sorts of things does it explain?"

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

I WILL PRETEND YOU DIDN'T SAY ADDITIONAL FRETS. gonk

"Essentially, yes. I know a few more languages as well, but that's not important." Cher picks up the controller after another moment and waits for the next race to begin.

"I suppose.. your flair for fashion. You also have a fascinating way with words." She's basically just complimenting Minty at this point, but validating your friends is always a good way to go.

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

(You and your circular logic.. Now I really want a doughnut. gonk )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:09 am
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

((Forgive me, I didn't mean to make you anxious. Things will be alright.
This is what gets us through our days, you know. I ask your forgiveness as well, I seem to be causing the cravings. ))

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:33 pm
Rae Starshine

"All that from being an alien? And here I thought I was blending in." She grinned and nudged Rae's knee with her shoulder, "Are you trying to flatter your way to a win? Because I'll warn you now. It'll totally work. I'm terrible like that."

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

(You just wait until tomorrow when Charlie can have his way with you, sir.
As soon as Charlie figures out what that means.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:38 pm
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

"All that from being an alien? And here I thought I was blending in." She grinned and nudged Rae's knee with her shoulder, "Are you trying to flatter your way to a win? Because I'll warn you now. It'll totally work. I'm terrible like that."

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

(You just wait until tomorrow when Charlie can have his way with you, sir.
As soon as Charlie figures out what that means.)

"You should see some of my coworkers, then." Cher blinks, slightly caught off guard by the nudge. She shifts her weight on the couch, but says nothing of it and does not nudge back. That's just how Minty is, she reminds herself.

"That was not my intention, but I can if you like." She's a bit tired, but she'll stay for a bit longer.
There's never time for this sort of thing anymore, so she'll make sure the trip is worth it.

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

(Ain't that the truth.. I'm tired just thinking about being tired.)

Rae Starshine

Interstellar Marshmallow

35,375 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:16 pm
Minty Andee
Rae Starshine

((Oh? Heh, I'll look forward to his attempts at figuring that out.
Did you not sleep well? ))

Fanonymous

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces