Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
Dungeons & Dragons - The Orb of Kendar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:17 am
Mikah, the faithful seeker.

The girl towed her bow back in her back and sighed, taking a moment to regain her breathe.- Is everyone alright?- She asked as she walked up to the group, holding the arm that had been wounded by the centipede.

When she noticed how badly Dwalin had been bitten by the swarm she hurried to him, and tried to convince him to sit down to rest. She would had cured him herself, but she had no medical equipment with her at the moment; however, she would remember to get some before setting out in the search of her father. -You must rest, They all ganged up on you!.- she used a cloth to clean the sweat of his forehead before turning around to Aelgeirr.- Thank you master Aelgeirr! without your support i think it would had been much worse. I'm in your debt.- The girl bowed politely to him before going back into tending Dwalin.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:48 pm
Aelgeirr, the Vengeful Warlord

Cute little mutt. Aelgeirr thought as he considered the girl. "Your friend still the worse for wear? I'll see what I can do to help him out. I've been through enough battles to know how to patch people up a little afterwords."

With that, Aelgeirr got up and examined the dwarf, doing his best to alleviate the dwarf's maladies.

OOC:
Heal Results = 16  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:16 pm
16 is enough to grant Dwalin a saving throw vs that Weakened condition, but let's say it goes away after that heal check.

(Remember, if you're going to spend any healing surges or pick up equipment during this short rest, make sure you say so!)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:52 am
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

It took a moment for Ambra to realize the fight was over as she readied another blast of frosty energy to throw at the swarm of centipedes. With her adrenaline still pumping, she stopped casting her spell and ran over to the fallen townsfolk to see who, if anyone, was still alive and could be helped.

(18 heal check to check the bodies for survivors.)  

Kowsauni
Crew

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:22 am
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Dwalin took a deep breathe after the last centipede was killed "I knew this town wasn't safe, there wasn't enough guardsman protecting it." Watching Mikah fret over his well being braught a smile to his face as he walked over to the closest chair and sat down, placing his shield and warhammer down next to him "I'm fine girl, this dwarf has been through worse." He looked at Alegeirr as he made his way over to Dwalin, he still didn't trust his kind but this one he trusted atleast a little bit so he hesitantly let the Eldarin examine his wounds "Yes....thank you for the help."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:42 pm
@ Ambra: Most of the casualties are properly deceased, though you find that two are still alive, for now:

A teen boy, who seems to be on the edge of death due to venom coursing in his veins, and the barmaid from earlier, who is gashed up and currently bleeding out. You probably have time to save only one, and even then, you'll probably need help.

Also, at this point, with the threat "gone", most of the tavern-goers are bull-rushing towards the front door now, and there's a risk that they'll trample both you and your two patients.

(Mind you, you haven't even been hurt yet, so it's probably significantly less fatal for you, Ambra).

Aelgeirr tends to his wounds, allowing him to spend healing surges. Dwalin, you then have two people tending yours.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:10 am
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

((That's a mean punch to throw at my innocent little mage girl, Rain ><))

Grasping the direness of the situation, and seeing the people charging toward her, Ambra shouts as loud as her tiny voice can muster. "The threat is over! These two people are still alive but they're fading fast! Please, they need help! I'm just a mage in training! I can't do this by myself! If you can help, please step forward but otherwise please stay back! There doesn't need to be any more death tonight!"

Ambra moves to the barmaid and places her body between the maid and the crowd, to shield her from people possibly disturbing her if they ran by. She does not know how to counter the poison running through the teenager, but using her rather limited medical knowledge Ambra would provide pressure to the wounds on the barmaid to try and stop the bleeding before it was too late. She would also shout out again. " She's bleeding out! Also, the boy here is poisoned, but I don't know how to treat it. Please, someone here help!"

((22 Diplomacy check to calm down the crowd and convince someone to help. 12 Heal check to try and stabilize the barmaid and stop her bleeding. ))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:09 am

Seeing Dwalin was on the capable hands of Aelgeirr; Mikah took a step back and turned around to see the human mass about to to trample Ambra and the survivors. Without hesitation, The ranger girl took Dwalin's shield and sticked it to the floor next to the wounded to make a small barrier, she then ran to Ambra and kneeled by the boy.- I'll take care of him! you use this to stop the bleeding!.- The girl grabbed her traveling cape and used her knife to cut out a long piece of it to be used as bandages and gave i to Ambra.- Try to keep her alive until I'm done with him!.-

Her focus went back to the poisoned child, She look around trying to remember if there was anything here that could counter the centipede's poison, while she used her belt to make a swivel to slow the flow of poison.

((Roll for knowing about what can counter centipede's poison =20.
Roll for slowing the poison with the swivel = 24))  

Mik4ilah

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:14 am
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

Dwalin got up from his seat after Mikah took his shield, he began to walk around the tavern yelling loudly "Alright everybody, if you can't help these two ladies by assisting them wih medical assistance then get the hell out in a nice and orderly fashion and if i see any of you start pushing then be prepared to get your a** hauled off by me personally." He would attempt to shuffle the crowd out through the front as quickly but orderly as possible.

intimidation: 13+6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 am
@ Aelgeirr: You can't treat Dwalin's wounds if he keeps moving around like this!

@ Dwalin: After Mikah managed to shield the wounded from the first wave, you manage to conduct an evacuation in as orderly of a fashion as possible - mainly because they had to travel around the fallen to get out, and it was squicking the survivors out.

@ Ambra: You manage to get a half-orc who stops from the evacuation to assist you with the barmaid. She starts assisting you with bandages, but they do little to stop the bleeding completely. "She needs magical healing, or she's not going to make it," she comments without looking Ambra in the eye.

@ Mikah: You shielded yourself, Ambra, and the survivors long enough for Dwalin to reign in things. You manage to slow the poison's effect, and your nature knowledge makes you of a few different herbs or plants that might act as a counter-agent. Some actual antivenom would be the best thing, but you don't have any of that right now. If anyone in this makeshift party of yours has any herbs used in nature rituals (note: that's something you actually have to spend gold one), you could probably pick it out.

Otherwise, a second nature check is required to think of where you can get some on short notice. If you tell anyone else the herbs/plants you need, they can also make the same nature check.

(I'm at work, so feel free to research or make up a few names of your own!)

(@ Kowsauni: Sorry, my L5R players keep doing things that spark my sadist side! D: )  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:35 pm
Aelgeirr

Vengeful Eladrin Warlord Medic

The tall Fey muttered to himself as he did his best to heal the dwarf, muttering as Dwalin bellowed around. "Stay still for a wee bit, Gods curse you! You'll not heal this way!" As the crowd dispersed, Aelgeirr would grab Dwalin and push him into a chair with as much force as he thought he could muster without aggravating the situation. "Stay. Heal. Rest."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:48 am
Ambra Goldstar
Mage in Training

User Image

Upon hearing the half-orc, for the first time ever, Ambra cursed her line of study. Due to her family line, evocation magic had always come easy to her, especially fire magic. All this time she had studied it without much thought as to the practical application of such magic. She just had fun with it and enjoyed it. Almost in passing she thought of going out into the world and trying to make a difference with it. Now, at this moment, with this woman dying before her in her arms, a true realization had reached her. She would trade it all for the ability to heal, for all her power of destruction could not save this one life.

Ambra looks up desperately at the half-orc, "Magical healing... I-I cannot do that. Where can I find someone who can? Or a healing potion? Where is the nearest place I can go to acquire what we need to save her?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:47 pm
Dwalin Vikramsson
Captain of The Guard

The dwarf glared at the Eldarin after he pushed him down onto a chair "Fine very well, get on with it then Eldarin."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:18 pm
Aelgeirr

Vengeful Eladrin Warlord

Aelgeirr would give a final inspection of his handiwork before giving Dwalin the all clear. "Gods, I didn't mean it as harsh as I said it. Look, you need to be healthy if you want to help them. I donno what more can be done now....but" Aelgeirr would let out a sigh and mused to himself. "What in the world could have caused those things to act like that?

OOC:
Nature (+1)
Request on Centipede behavior. Namely what would cause them to attack a tavern.
Results: 15  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:26 am

Quickly enough, rosemary jumped into Mikah's memory as a plant that can absorb toxins and help healing, however, it could take too long to work. The girl had to make a call and asked.- Does anybody has rosemary? there might be something alike in the kitchen! I need them as soon as possible!.- The girl kept regulating the boys blood flow to slow the poison down.

((Roll for nature: 11+6=17))  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 42 43 44 45 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces