Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
☆ We'll Answer Your Questions Here! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:30 pm
Zoralin999
I hate my name on here crying how do I change it? Alao I haven't been on in FOREVER, so how does tis site work now??

I think this site still works... pretty much the same.
Do you remember what you used to do on Gaia? I'll let you know if it's the same/different. ... I can help explain other things too~ ... but we should take this one step at a time. xD There's a lot to do on Gaia.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:43 pm
Thank you to whoever linked me to the name change area... I forgot to quote you ad thank you though

sdrawkcab
Zoralin999
I hate my name on here crying how do I change it? Alao I haven't been on in FOREVER, so how does tis site work now??

Do you remember what you used to do on Gaia? I'll let you know if it's the same/different. ... I can help explain other things too~ ... but we should take this one step at a time. xD There's a lot to do on Gaia.

Well, I remember the forums. I don't quite remember what the aquarium was for. I just checked it and all my fish were dead lol. But I don't know what the town is or the cars or some of the new games. And I've kinda forgotten how to navigate my way through here.  

HorseWingedDragon

Ruthless Wolf

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:28 pm
Zoralin999
Thank you to whoever linked me to the name change area... I forgot to quote you ad thank you though

sdrawkcab
Zoralin999

Well, I remember the forums. I don't quite remember what the aquarium was for. I just checked it and all my fish were dead lol. But I don't know what the town is or the cars or some of the new games. And I've kinda forgotten how to navigate my way through here.

The forums are pretty much still the same... some are more dead than they were in past years. But forums still work basically the same.

The aquarium has a few uses.
  • You can fill it with random fish and feed them each day. You can click on the clam shell each day for a reward. All fish have an expiration date whether you feed them or not. When they die, you get little bags that you can open for items if you check the special tab in your inventory.
  • Some fish trigger a game called Booty Grab. Do you remember playing Booty Grab? If not, I'll link some guides and such. It's not worth setting up your tank for others to play... unless you're gonna invest time into it. A lot of the good fish cost a lot of gold, so you might not make your money back.
  • You can also just play Booty Grab from other people's tanks. Again, I can link more info. It's an okay way to make gold. It used to be a good way to make gold on this site.

Towns hasn't changed. However, it's old and people were running scripts and messing with it. It can't harm your account, but it changes the background of Towns and such. The staff released Towns 2. Towns and Towns 2 have different formats, but are pretty much the same thing.
  • It's mainly a place to hang out with other users.
  • If you collect the flowers, bugs, paper and trash, you can sell it to other users. That stuff was pretty cheap and worthless, but now users need it for a lot of Alchemy recipes. So it's now pretty expensive.
  • You can also place a house. It's not necessary.

Rally
  • I don't know much about Rally. All I know is that you can't earn any gold or items there. Many users hang out in Rally as their main thing to do on Gaia. They stand around and chat.

As to the games... most aren't worth playing if you want to earn gold. They still have the same prize output.
Fishing is good. Fish sell for a lot because of Alchemy. Problem is, the game was broken last I checked.
Switchem is good. You'll make a decent amount of gold to get you started again. It's free to play. Keep in mind that it's impossible to "win." Past a certain level, you'd need to use cash to buy power ups.

As to navigation, you'll find most everything you need in the drop down menus of the main landing pages. If you can't find something, head to the My Gaia tab. It has a whole second header that will link you to things like your aquarium and your journal. On the very right is a tab that looks like a gear, there you'll find your account settings, signature, your "about me", your wishlist, etc.

Annndddd~ some extra stuff <.< >.>
I was going to ramble here, but then I remembered that I have something typed up: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24672881#371640973
That post should help you get started on how to earn gold/items.

See some freebies you've missed! Mainly check the Item Grants section, but the free gold doesn't hurt either.

And Gaia has an event going on right now. Click the sleeping animals in the header.
And this guild has an event going on right now. ^ ___^ It's a good way to get back into the habit of posting. Not only is there great conversation, but you can win items too. c: Be sure to read the announcements at the top. You'll need to register for a team if you want your posts to count.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:47 pm
sdrawkcab
Zoralin999

sdrawkcab
Zoralin999

The forums are pretty much still the same... some are more dead than they were in past years. But forums still work basically the same.

The aquarium has a few uses.
  • You can fill it with random fish and feed them each day. You can click on the clam shell each day for a reward. All fish have an expiration date whether you feed them or not. When they die, you get little bags that you can open for items if you check the special tab in your inventory.
  • Some fish trigger a game called Booty Grab. Do you remember playing Booty Grab? If not, I'll link some guides and such. It's not worth setting up your tank for others to play... unless you're gonna invest time into it. A lot of the good fish cost a lot of gold, so you might not make your money back.
  • You can also just play Booty Grab from other people's tanks. Again, I can link more info. It's an okay way to make gold. It used to be a good way to make gold on this site.

Towns hasn't changed. However, it's old and people were running scripts and messing with it. It can't harm your account, but it changes the background of Towns and such. The staff released Towns 2. Towns and Towns 2 have different formats, but are pretty much the same thing.
  • It's mainly a place to hang out with other users.
  • If you collect the flowers, bugs, paper and trash, you can sell it to other users. That stuff was pretty cheap and worthless, but now users need it for a lot of Alchemy recipes. So it's now pretty expensive.
  • You can also place a house. It's not necessary.

Rally
  • I don't know much about Rally. All I know is that you can't earn any gold or items there. Many users hang out in Rally as their main thing to do on Gaia. They stand around and chat.

As to the games... most aren't worth playing if you want to earn gold. They still have the same prize output.
Fishing is good. Fish sell for a lot because of Alchemy. Problem is, the game was broken last I checked.
Switchem is good. You'll make a decent amount of gold to get you started again. It's free to play. Keep in mind that it's impossible to "win." Past a certain level, you'd need to use cash to buy power ups.

As to navigation, you'll find most everything you need in the drop down menus of the main landing pages. If you can't find something, head to the My Gaia tab. It has a whole second header that will link you to things like your aquarium and your journal. On the very right is a tab that looks like a gear, there you'll find your account settings, signature, your "about me", your wishlist, etc.

Annndddd~ some extra stuff <.< >.>
I was going to ramble here, but then I remembered that I have something typed up: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24672881#371640973
That post should help you get started on how to earn gold/items.

See some freebies you've missed! Mainly check the Item Grants section, but the free gold doesn't hurt either.

And Gaia has an event going on right now. Click the sleeping animals in the header.
And this guild has an event going on right now. ^ ___^ It's a good way to get back into the habit of posting. Not only is there great conversation, but you can win items too. c: Be sure to read the announcements at the top. You'll need to register for a team if you want your posts to count.

Thank you sooo much... This helped me a lot actually. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon  

HorseWingedDragon

Ruthless Wolf

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:42 pm
HorseWingedDragon

Thank you sooo much... This helped me a lot actually. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things soon

Woot! We're happy to help. ^ ___^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:23 am
What are the gofusion charms, and how does one use them?? Also for the first time I actually bought an outfit from the store, why can I wear only one piece at a time? Thanks  

HorseWingedDragon

Ruthless Wolf

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:24 am
HorseWingedDragon
What are the gofusion charms, and how does one use them?? Also for the first time I actually bought an outfit from the store, why can I wear only one piece at a time? Thanks

More good questions. c:

Gofusion is a feature where you fuse charms into items. But, really, I think of it as a shop where the currency used is charms.
  • You can find GoFusion in the drop down menu of the Shops tab.
  • Click on the items to preview them. When previewing, clicking the start button would start the Gofusion process. Gaia will ask you to confirm that you want to make that item.
  • Charms can be found a variety of ways. Charms are sold in various bundles or Chance Items (CIs/RIGs) for Gaia Cash. However, there are free ways to gather charms. This guide explains it. I personally just save up my charms I've collected through the Daily Chance.
  • Selling the charms you find in the Daily Chance is often a way that newbies grab some quick gold. Charms are worth less now than they had been months ago. They will continue to drop in value. (Value will temporarily spike whenever Gaia announces that it's removing items from the shop.)
  • Always be sure to check the marketplace before you use your charms in gofusion! Sometimes an item looks cheap because it costs only one heart charm (which is worth 10 million gold), but you might find that item for sale in the marketplace by users for 10,000 gold.
  • Also, wing charms only appear during some events. Have you picked a side in Gaia's Spirit event yet? Once you do, you'll see one beige and one blue wing in the middle of that event page. Click each one. There is a new wing sticker and a new wing charm to collect each day.

And that is a question I've seen many users ask over the years. What you bought was an item. You bought an item that has multiple poses. What's nice is that you get options. What's not nice is that you can only wear one pose at a time.
    So, for example, an item might have six poses. You can only wear one of those poses at a time.
    If you see someone wearing 2,3,4,5,6 poses at one time, well that means that they own 2,3,4,5,6 copies of that item. They are still wearing one pose at a time, but they have multiple copies of that item.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:42 am
Thank you sooo much!! Also, one last question... The orange bar that's labeled tiers (I am tier 1) I assume this is levels of some sort, but how do you raise it?  

HorseWingedDragon

Ruthless Wolf

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:11 am
HorseWingedDragon
Thank you sooo much!! Also, one last question... The orange bar that's labeled tiers (I am tier 1) I assume this is levels of some sort, but how do you raise it?

That orange bar is clickable. XD Click it. ;D
I laugh, not at you, but at the absurdity of that specific orange bar. u ----u;

Tiers appear from time to time. When they do, you'll see those orange bars. Tiers appear for a specified amount of time. Some are as short as a day and some are as long as a month.
Currently, one of those month-long Tiers are up. Because it lasts a whole month, those Tiers (to me) are ridiculous. To reach just the first Tier, you'd have to spend $50 worth of Gaia Cash on items during the month of August.
Thing is, there are many Gaians here who do that. They choose to spend their disposable income/entertainment funds on this site. And that's okay. That keeps this site free for me. c:

In general, not all of those Tiers are crazy. The last one that just ended, had a lowest tier of 10 Gaia Cash. That's just 10 cents. And~ that is easily achievable by collecting free Gaia cash by watching videos. Lately, many tiers have had a lowest tier of 10 or 25 Gaia cash. They also can be 99, 199, 499, etc~
(You then go to the marketplace and set the search for items that are 500,000,000 gold. Find an item that you can buy for 10gc. You'll get more of your money's worth than if you spent that 10gc in the gold shops.)

So do pay attention to some tiers. If you see something like "Tier 1 0/10" or "Tier 1 0/25" be sure to go spend!

Now, why all these tiers? They're just a bonus. You get a bonus item for spending x amount of cash. (Gaia also has bonuses and discounts for purchasing Gaia cash.) Many times, the items that appear in tiers are also exclusive to that tier. So some users spend on items just to get the bonus.

Do note, if you ever reach a tier, you'll see a little present box appear on the right side of that orange bar. Click the present box, then scroll down the page to your accomplished tier and click the present box again. You have to claim your bonuses.

Also, I haven't stressed this enough yet, but those free Gaia Cash videos are worth watching. You can leave them up in a separate tab. Just don't forget to keep loading the next video. The Gaia Cash does add up. For example, I've saved up 499 Gaia Cash all from those free videos. That will buy me an Evolving Item with lots of poses. c:
Or~ you don't even have to save up that much. You can save up less, buy cheaper items and then sell those items on the marketplace to save up for what you want. However, the more cash something costs, the more it usually costs in the marketplace when users sell it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:19 pm
what are the magicians cache items used for and how do I use them??  

HorseWingedDragon

Ruthless Wolf

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:29 pm
HorseWingedDragon

Philosopher's Caches are used for Alchemy.
Alchemy is a system where users take existing formulas and craft items. Some items are only obtainable through Alchemy (or bought from alchemists).
It sounds fancy, but is very convoluted. It also takes a lot of gold and you'll likely lose gold if you try it. It takes a lot of planning ahead and scouring the marketplace prices to make sure you profit.
(To be clear, alchemy is not a system where you design items. It's just another method of obtaining items.)

The link below explains about caches and will link you to further guides on the subject. c:

What's that item: Philosopher's Cache

Edit; The caches can be found in the special tab in your inventory. Click on them to open them. You'll probably want to wait until you're going to attempt alchemy to do so.
Or wait and sell. Check the marketplace to see if they're worth opening/selling.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:55 pm
sdrawkcab
HorseWingedDragon

Philosopher's Caches are used for Alchemy.
Alchemy is a system where users take existing formulas and craft items. Some items are only obtainable through Alchemy (or bought from alchemists).
It sounds fancy, but is very convoluted. It also takes a lot of gold and you'll likely lose gold if you try it. It takes a lot of planning ahead and scouring the marketplace prices to make sure you profit.
(To be clear, alchemy is not a system where you design items. It's just another method of obtaining items.)

The link below explains about caches and will link you to further guides on the subject. c:

What's that item: Philosopher's Cache

Edit; The caches can be found in the special tab in your inventory. Click on them to open them. You'll probably want to wait until you're going to attempt alchemy to do so.
Or wait and sell. Check the marketplace to see if they're worth opening/selling.

Yea, I got one from the daily win thing. I think I'm better off just selling it at the marketplace. I will look at it anyway, but it seems complicated ^.^  

HorseWingedDragon

Ruthless Wolf

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:29 pm
HorseWingedDragon

Yea, I got one from the daily win thing. I think I'm better off just selling it at the marketplace. I will look at it anyway, but it seems complicated ^.^

That sounds good. It is very complicated. ^ ___^;
It's also tedious. You'd need a lot of philosopher's caches. And you'd need to keep opening them up one by one... D;

Just keep it in mind as one of the possible things to do on this site.
It's not necessary though. You can spend many years here without crafting anything. XD
Also, there are lots of alchemists who will craft your formulas for you as long as you give them the formula and components. (There's a leveling system to alchemy so it's not always as simple as gathering the formula and components.)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:29 pm
Hey guys.

I was hoping to peruse the Holiday Events subforum and see if there was anything going on, recently, currently, or in a planning stage. I was part of the Tri Towns Tourney but haven't done anything since (maybe a halloween event that year?)

But, I'm "Not Authorized to View That Forum"! Nor the Crew Workshop or Crew something something-- I understand those, to an extent (though I'd love to be able to see what's in them), but how come I'm restricted from the Holiday Events subforum?

Thanks.  

Catsnatch

Greedy Cat

10,250 Points
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:44 pm
Catsnatch
Hey guys.

I was hoping to peruse the Holiday Events subforum and see if there was anything going on, recently, currently, or in a planning stage. I was part of the Tri Towns Tourney but haven't done anything since (maybe a halloween event that year?)

But, I'm "Not Authorized to View That Forum"! Nor the Crew Workshop or Crew something something-- I understand those, to an extent (though I'd love to be able to see what's in them), but how come I'm restricted from the Holiday Events subforum?

Thanks.

Don't worry, we're all restricted from it. ;3 The crew only opens up that forum during events. And XD I don't know for sure, but I believe it's empty anyway. The crew and CAP members have a separate (private) guild for planning festivities (I think) on top of those crew subforums.

Their last event was in March for St. Patrick's Day.
They announce when events are coming up. May's calendar announcement didn't say anything about an event, so I don't think there will be an NSTG event this month.
They are gearing up for a summer event though. ^^

☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces