Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Slug and Jigger's Apothecary~ Open *Now Hiring!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:45 pm
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11
                                                  Just to figure out that no one would call.
                                                  I think I've got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them
                                                  What's another night all alone?
                                                  When you're spending everyday on your own.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys breathed a sigh of relief as he entered the shop. He was free! Or well, as free as he could be while his brother was watching him. However, Kenny had stated he was just going to be over at the skate park and trusted Rhys not to get into trouble. Which, Rhys wasn't going to. He was determined not to. He was here to meet with Gid and get supplies and just hang out. Nothing at all that was troublemaking in that scenario. Not unless something came up. He looked around, thinking he might as well grab a basket and start looking around. He was bound to run into-. Nope, he didn't have to look far. Gid was extremely easy for the teen to spot, so he walked over and stopped as he realized that Gid was with someone. He didn't know her. At all. Freezing, he shuffled off to the side and just... Tried not to be noticed. He took a deep breath and decided to see if Gid would notice him first or the woman would. Part of him was hoping neither would, but that wasn't why he was here. He looked at various ingredients, thinking that if nothing else, he could be pretending to browse instead of avoiding talking. Yeah, that might work, if Gid didn't know any better that was.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Oh god, he's with someone!
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And maybe when the night is dead,
                                                  I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I'm staring at these 4 walls again.
                                                  I'll try to think about the last time
                                                  I had a good time
                                                  Everyone's got somewhere to go
                                                  And they're gonna leave me here on my own.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:02 am
User Image
User Image

Ⓒᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ Ⓢᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇs Ⓣᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ Ⓕʀᴇᴇʟᴀɴᴄᴇ Ⓟʜᴏᴛᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜᴇʀ
Ⓣʜɪʀᴅ Ⓨᴇᴀʀ Ⓖʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Ⓒʜᴀsᴇʀ

Gid grinned at his mom, adding a few more things to the basket she was holding. When he heard the door open, a wide grin overtook his face. That had to be Rhys! When Rhys didn't promptly greet him, the brunette looked around, blinking when he noticed his friend.... hiding. Well... not really hiding, that hair of his made it impossible. Gid shook his head, wondering what struck the boy's nerves. He moved to be beside his friend, then grinned playfully. "Now, if I didn't know better, my dear best friend was trying to hide away. I wouldn't know why, though." He tried to look as perfectly normal as possible, in hopes Rhys wouldn't dart off to hide. He was surprisingly good at hiding, and Gid wasn't fast enough to catch him. Thresa walked around the corner, having found some odd plants.

After a few seconds, she promptly hurried closed to the boys, her eyes wide. "Please tell me you two don't deal with any sort of magic plants?" Gid turned to look at his mom, who looked a bit startled. "Er... Yea, we do. But it's only in Herbology class. Teacher there won't let us get hurt. Mostly 'cause if we hurt the plants, he'd throttle us. I'm more worried about him than the plants." He shuddered at the thought of Professor Hill, hoping to drop his class the second he was allowed. He didn't mind the class, but the teacher was creepy as all heck. Gid glanced over at Rhys, then his eyes went wide. Was he hiding because he didn't know the woman here? He decided to sign as well as speak this time, hoping to calm his friend. "Rhys, this is my mum. Her name's Thresa. She came along to help me carry things.... also to help pay. I don't make a pay cheque yet!" He smiled, and Thresa did the same, their familial connection showing. Ree decided to show off her signing skills, something she'd decided to learn when Gid first mentioned his excitement about it. "Hello indeed, Rhys. It's a pleasure meeting you." She was much more fluid in her words, as she'd always learned quickly, where her son was usually a bit slower about memorizing things. Hopefully Rhys wouldn't be upset that she'd taken to learning sign as well...

I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓷 𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓼,
Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴡʜᴏ 𝓷𝒆𝒆𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 ᴘᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ.
Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴡʜᴏ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ,
Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ,
𝓷𝒆𝓿𝒆𝓻 𝓫𝒆𝒆𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝒆𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱.
Mᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝒇 𝓶𝒆 ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.
Tʜᴇ 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓲𝒆𝓬𝒆 ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ.
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ
𝓱𝒆𝓪𝓻𝓽, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝒆.
𝓝𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝒆 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷𝒆. 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓷 𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓼.

{OoC}
Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:26 pm
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rhys had to hand it to himself. When Gid finally found him, he didn't jump or try to run off in terror. This was an improvement over what it could be. Still, he was startled and nearly dropped his basket before regaining his composure and giving the other teen a small smile. He had to hand it to Gid, though. He knew that Rhys was trying to hide, although without much effort put into it. "Hey Gid. Umm, I might have been hiding. Just a little bit. Maybe. How's your summer going?" His attempt at breaking the ice was terrible, but then again, he was quite terrible at talking to complete strangers so talking to his best friend, while awkward at times, was certainly better than the alternative.

He blinked at the woman that came around the corner asking them about magic plants, and he winced at Gid's description of their professor. The one that Rhys had argued with last year. In the only class he failed from last year. Great. He wanted to correct Gid about the class though, but kept silent and shuffled nervously as Gid spoke to his mum. He nearly missed the signing until he saw her sign to him, and he blinked.
                                                  "Hello. Gid's not completely right about the professor. He'll more than likely kick us out of class and flunk us if we hurt the plants, but there's plenty of plants that can kill us if we're not careful. Kind of like some muggle plants and not being careful about them. Magical plants are just more active about it. Nice to meet you though." Rhys shoved his hand into his pocket after signing and looked over at Gid curiously. He didn't know that Gid's mum had learned sign language. He'd ask about it, but he was already stepping outside his comfort zone in talking to her to begin with.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I had a good time

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:10 pm
User Image
User Image

Ⓒᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ Ⓢᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇs Ⓣᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ Ⓕʀᴇᴇʟᴀɴᴄᴇ Ⓟʜᴏᴛᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜᴇʀ
Ⓣʜɪʀᴅ Ⓨᴇᴀʀ Ⓖʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Ⓒʜᴀsᴇʀ

Gid felt a bit bad when Rhys nearly jumped out of his socks. Finally, he admitted to hiding, then asked about the summer. Gid shrugged, trying to think of something positive. He'd had his head stuck in the loo at one of the shops a few weeks ago... but that might not be good to share. "At least you stayed in the building this time. I swear, last year, you were the needle in the proverbial haystack. And there I was, without my magnet." He grinned, hoping to ease tensions. Rhys still looked like he might sprint off at any second. "As for summer, it's nice. Dad works a lot, but mum's off, so we get to hang out. Plus, we're volunteering at the animal shelter in Cardiff!" He smiled, hoping Rhys would like that thought.

After Thresa had joined and introduced herself, Rhys signed back, though he remained quiet. Gideon was right about his normal volume, at least. He signed about their teacher kicking them out or failing them over some plants. Wait... Deadly plants? Magic schools were weird as all get out. He then said it was nice to meet her, and she grinned. "That guy bothers you again, I'll personally kick his butt. Anyway dears, I'm going to go browse that huge bookstore over there. I'll meet you in two hours at the ice cream shop, deal?" He kissed her son's hair, then waved politely at Rhys before hurrying away from those icky slimy things. Yick.

Gid looked between his mom and Rhys, then bade the woman good bye. He turned to his friend and offered up a mischievous grin. "So, let's go anywhere but that bookstore? After we're done here, we can go wherever you want. I'm pretty sure you need the freedom after being grounded all summer!" He himself had never been grounded before, so it was a concept unbeknownst to him. It sounded like hell, though. He figured he'd let Rhys choose what to do today. They both needed to heal after last year, but a day in the warm summery alley seemed a good way to do it!
I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪᴛ, 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓷 𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓼,
Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴡʜᴏ 𝓷𝒆𝒆𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 ᴘᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ.
Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴡʜᴏ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ,
Nᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ,
𝓷𝒆𝓿𝒆𝓻 𝓫𝒆𝒆𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝒆𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱.
Mᴀʏʙᴇ I sᴇᴇ ᴀ 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝒇 𝓶𝒆 ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.
Tʜᴇ 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓲𝒆𝓬𝒆 ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ɪɴ.
Tʜᴇ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ
𝓱𝒆𝓪𝓻𝓽, ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝒆.
𝓝𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝒆 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷𝒆. 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆 𝓽𝓱𝒆 𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓴𝒆𝓷 𝓸𝓷𝒆𝓼.

{OoC: Exit Thresa}
Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:29 am
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rhys managed not to wince at the mention of his last school year, but then again, he didn't want to think about it. at least Gid's summer sounded better than his own. Solitude was wonderful, but when he couldn't leave his room, he couldn't exactly burn off excess energy. Which was how he had managed to fill up his textbooks from school with notes, and then his notebooks with even more notes. He was caught up, for all it was worth though, considering he was probably going to be at it again when he got home with the textbooks that his brother and cousins didn't already have. Kenny had claimed he was barmy, but Rhys had shrugged it off. He loved to learn, and he knew a shrinking charm that would make carrying around his books a lot easier for the school year. He just couldn't use said shrinking charm for four more years, or well, three and a half. "Mine isn't nearly that interesting. I just ended up taking more notes. I caught up in classes though, and I think I'm ahead again." He wasn't exaggerating. He had actually been ahead before last year, and had fallen a bit behind. A summer of isolation, however, and he was probably getting into the next year's curriculum, not even third. Still, at least he wasn't staying bored.

He very nearly blushed at the idea of Gid's mum kicking his professor's arse if he bothered them, and instead ducked his head and waved as she left. Thankfully, he was able to breathe a bit easier, and looked over to Gid as he stated they could go anywhere but the bookstore. His face nearly fell at that, but he just ended up shaking his head and reminding himself that he was probably the weirdo that could spend an entire day in a bookstore and never be bored.
                                                  "O-only you would find books that boring. But we can look around here a bit more. I-I still need to get my supplies, but that shouldn't take too long." He blushed a bit at his stutter and instead ended up looking at what was already in his basket and what was on the shelf. He was definitely going to have to stock up on beetle eyes again, wasn't he?

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I had a good time

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:57 am
User ImageUser Image
Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Ƈнαѕєя

Gid sighed at Rhys when he said he'd spent the summer taking notes. He already had years up on everyone else! That boy was certainly an odd one. After Thresa headed out, and Rhys had been asked what to do, the white-haired boy commented that Gid found books boring... which may have been half true. Textbooks were indeed very boring, but he had a lot of books he did enjoy. "That's not true! I just think it would be a pain in the bum to try and carry heavy textbooks longer than we dare need. Besides, you're probably the only person I know who is that terribly excited for schoolbooks. I'd say get the lightweight stuff first, then the books. We'll have so much less to worry about!" He laughed, glad to have his friend talking again. Heck, Rhys was even cracking jokes... probably. He glanced over at his friend, who was looking at the shelf. The brunette glanced at his basket, then grabbed a few more things, before consulting a list he'd written up. That seemed to be all... but he better grab extras. Unlike Rhys, he couldn't send a parent to Diagon to get more supplies if needed.

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ωнαт'ѕ ιηѕι∂є ιт
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ, ǀ'ℓℓ ƒιgнт ιт
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη, ηєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ, ɴᴏ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ ɪᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜɴɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇᴅ Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη,
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ
, ɴᴏ.

Ƴσυ cαη'т тαкє мє, ǀ'м ƒяєє

{OoC}
Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:26 pm
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rhys smiled a bit, relenting. He wasn't going to deny that he was going to hate carrying all the books he'd need home. His list for school was pretty substantial for sure. He doubted that Gid had the same course load. He rubbed the back of his head, before adding some things to his basket. "Okay, I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to carrying all my books back home with me. I'm probably going to have to ask Kenny if he could help by shrinking them down until we got home to make them more portable. At least that way we'd be able to carry them without hurting ourselves." He looked over the ingredients again and added some other things to his basket. If nothing else, he wanted to make sure his supplies were stocked up. He was probably going to ask the potions professor if he could practice some of the potions he'd missed last year. That was going to be an interesting time.

Looking down at his basket, he considered what he needed and then nodded. There, that should do it. At least that seemed to be done. He glanced back to Gid, who also seemed to be finishing up.
                                                  "So, um, are you finished yet? I think I have all my supplies already. Now I just need to grab some extra parchment and quills for classes." He'd used all of his already. Thankfully it wasn't like he couldn't get any more. However, the muggle notebooks were a lot harder to get outside of Diagon, so he figured he'd ask Kenny if they could take a trip out to grab those before he left for school again. He was sure he was going to need them.

════════════════════════

OOC:

I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I had a good time

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Ƈнαѕєя

Gid grinned at Rhys, nodding. Of course they could wait for the books, particularly since they had more classes this year. "Yep. Getting to the train is going to be hell. Not to mention the stairs. Ugh. I need like... a teleportation pad or something this year." He was taking six classes more than last year, and they all needed books. Therefore, books could wait. "Maybe your brother knows a spell to make them super lightweight. I could just keep that spell on them, then I will be able to carry them all around!" He didn't see any flaws in this, including that he'd have to try and fit all of the tomes in his backpack. When they'd finished gathering ingredients, Rhys mentioned his need for new quills and parchment. Gid nodded, awkwardly carrying the basket to pay. "I need some too. And ink. Well... mostly ink. I keep forgetting you wizards don't like pens and pencils. Yea. Let's go there next." He made a mental list of everything they'd need this year. Most of his stuff could be used from last year, but some would need new supplies. Maybe they could check out the quidditch shop when they were done....

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ωнαт'ѕ ιηѕι∂є ιт
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ, ǀ'ℓℓ ƒιgнт ιт
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη, ηєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ, ɴᴏ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ ɪᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜɴɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇᴅ Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη,
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ
, ɴᴏ.

Ƴσυ cαη'т тαкє мє, ǀ'м ƒяєє

{OoC}
Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise
                                                      Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised
                                                      I'm headed straight for the castle
                                                      They wanna make me their
                                                      queen
                                                      And there's an old man sitting on the throne
                                                      saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean

Rowan walked into the store with her parents and her sisters close behind her. Wrapped around one wrist was Halphas, and on her other was Kasadya. And then draped around her neck was Ifrit. And last but not least she had Abaddon twisting through her fingers casually. She was of course dressed in the most annoying way (at least according to her parents). They still had the authority to tell her to wear dresses everyday, so she had shoved leggings on underneath, and a sweatshirt on over top. A fox sweatshirt at that. She grinned, and flipped her hood up so her fox ears showed, before looking around the store. "Tiernan, Darian, what all do we need? I didn't bring my list cuz you two have the same exact one anyways." Her mother gave a short cough and she glanced at the woman, before rolling her eyes. They had already fought at least 3 times over her outfit, her snakes, and her 'sassy attitude'. She didn't really care, in a couple months she would be off to school where no parents could dictate her actions. Well except Micah, but Micah had never seemed like the dictating type. Even if she was a prefect and "ashoing" for head girl.

They've got the kingdom locked up
                                                      And there's an
                                                      old man sitting on the throne
                                                      saying I should
                                                      probably keep my pretty mouth shut
                                                      Oh, all of these
                                                      minutes passing, sick of feeling used
                                                      If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised

The Forgotten Weasley
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:08 pm
Oh, I know, I can feel the shifting in my bones...
Enclosed are the senses so unknown.
I've been changing, falling, fading-
There's demons at the door patiently waiting.
But I wasn't composed of broken bones or demon limbs;
So please watch over me and be the light to carry me.
This change is all so permanent.

User Image

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

FIRST YEAR │ PUREBLOOD │ TRIPLET

Tiernan had not brought her snakes. Byron was frightfully timid and Emily far too suspicious of strangers to risk one or both of them in the crowded streets of Diagon Alley, and besides, what if they were to end up on the ground? They'd be stepped on immediately and be killed! She was still debating even bringing them to school. It wasn't permitted the first year- a ridiculous rule she would graciously acquiesce to- but after that she was fairly certain she could, or could at least talk her way into it being allowed. Worst come to worst, a snake wasn't that hard to hide. But would they like it? Scotland was cold, and castles were supposed to be drafty. And all the cats and owls roaming around! Emily might be able to defend herself, a but a large owl could kill an adder regardless, and poor Byron wouldn't stand a chance. Still, the idea of spending years away from her snakes was horrifying. She was practically their mother; she'd had them since they were mere babes! They would be lost without her, and who would she chatter away to when she was alone? Herself? Maybe she could make them armor. Little helmets and suits and tail spikes- "What was that, Rowan?" she asked distractedly, before her hearing caught up with her thoughts. "Cauldron, they say pewter but I'm sure we could get away with silver, phials- we'll get crystal, Mama, Papa, please say we will- oh, and scales, they ought to be silver to match the cauldrons... don't you think?" She smiled a little satisfied smile and then clapped her hands together in delight. "They have belladonna and asphodel!"

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Can't you see the change in me?
There's no placement, no arrangement-
Of words that I could say to keep these changes away.
This world is a masterpiece...
A canvas sheet accountable for such losses.
Shout out to the artist who took his heart and his soul,
And lost them both in the process.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:00 pm
User Image
                                                They say we are what we are
                                                But we don't have to be.
                                                I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
                                                I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
                                                I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Darian hopped into the shop after her siblings and parents, already way too excited about the shopping trip and going off to school than she probably should be. Then again, she was just excited to meet new people and be able to do what she wanted for a change as opposed to what other people wanted her to do. She still didn't think her instructor for needlepoint had forgiven her for trying to jab a needle into her thigh. She looked at the various ingredients lining the shelves. A lot of them looked slimy, which made Darian pull a face before looking back to her family. Rowan had asked about their lists and Darian shrugged, pointing over to their mum. "I don't know, I gave the list to Mama. I know we need a lot of stuff though. Don't we need a ton of potion supplies?" Darian shrugged, unsure as to what her parents were going to get. On the one hand, they could probably ignore all three sisters and decide to pick everything out themselves, but on the other, Darian was certain she could persuade them otherwise.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Eww, I hope we don't have to handle too many slimy things...
                                                OOC:

Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
                                                Is when it's tested again and again everyday.
                                                I'm still comparing your past to my future.
                                                It might be your wound but they're my sutures.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:29 pm
User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Ivar Torbjörn Eriksson
Unsorted First Year Muggleborn space

"I'd die for you," that's easy to say, we have a list of people that we would take
                                                        A bullet for them, a bullet for you, a bullet for everybody in this room
                                                        But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through, see many bullets coming through
                                                        Metaphorically, I'm the man but literally, I don't know what I'd do

The walk didn't last long for Ivar and his older brother Rubin to arrive from J Pippin's to Slugs and Jiggers. The walk so far was really nice, Rubin gave him a treat of ice cream from Florean's Icecream Parlor before venturing here. As they now arrived here, Ivar caught a smell of something... weird, the young Swede didn't seem to like it. He thought it was weird for his nose that he looked at Rubin being confused when he didn't even look bothered by the smell, at all. The young first year sighed and wrinkled his nose, muttering enough for his adoptive brother to hear as they browse for supplies, "Jag tycker inte om lukten i denna butik." Though Rubin gave him an unamused look and told him with a raised eyebrow, "Uhm ... You're going to have that experience in class at Hogwarts as well, Ivar. Og skaltu, ekki hrukka ekki nefið, það er dónalegt." Ivar mouthed a "Fiiiiine" and stopped wrinkling his nose, so they're really going to experience lots of weird smells in Hogwarts? Yeah, that reaaaaally fun. Don't get him wrong, he really like magic and stuff like that, he's currently living with his real brother Matteo in their hometown, but maybe because Ivar's first coming here in the Alley was like being hit by a British football.

He looked around the shop, looking interested with what he was seeing here-- Sparkly cauldrons from silver to gold, a jar containing some sort of gravel (or powder?) that seemed to glow on its own like some tiny baby starlights, potion bottles in many different color like what he saw in Rubin's shop about fifteen minutes ago, and... Wait, is that a horn? And beetles? Ivar probably didn't want to know what to use those for so he focused on the cauldrons instead, pointing at a self-stirring brass cauldron that caught his interest, he said, "Wow, I like this one, too bad Hogwarts only allow pewters. Why can't we use like silver or somethi--- Then, he spotted a girl, well, the one who was wearing a fox-y hoodie with... snakes? So far he could count around... two. Wait, who let their kids bring a snake in a public area? Is anyone questioning about it? He realized that he's staring at her confused for a minute and thought that he should save himself by greeting her, giving her an awkward wave of a hand he said, "Um... Hi? You lot are looking for school supplies as well, yeah?"

"I'd live for you, " and that's hard to do
                                                        Even harder to say when you know it's not true
                                                        Even harder to write when you know that tonight
                                                        There were people back home who tried talking to you
                                                        But then you ignored them still, all these questions they're for real
                                                        Like, "Who would you live for? Who would you die for? And would you ever kill?"

With :: Rubin Eide, some people
                                                        Where :: Slugs and Jiggers
                                                        Wearing :: Looking space-y

Out.Of.Character ::

"Jag tycker inte om lukten i denna butik..." ----> "I don't like the smell in this shop..."
                                                        "Og skaltu, ekki hrukka ekki nefið, það er dónalegt." ---> And please, don't wrinkle your nose, it's rude."

The Forgotten Weasley
Devlyn Maycry
Diamond Wales

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise
                                                      Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised
                                                      They wanna make me their
                                                      queen
                                                      And there's an old man sitting on the throne
                                                      saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean

Rowan nodded her head as Tiernan listed off the things they needed. Abaddon was casually twisting through her fingers so she kept moving them to keep the snake from sliding right off. Her other 3 weren't babies anymore so they happily just happily sat on her shoulders, the 2 on her wrists having slithered up to the better perch as well to watch the surroundings. Abaddon was much to childish to sit still though. She was only a baby though. Her parents had bought her no more than 2 weeks ago. Ifrit tilted his head as the new boy approached the triplets, before turning his head to Rowan and hissing at her. "hash siis alossh eeshieshi" She blinked, and glanced at the boy, before replying, "aneesh tejeesh ahast tes thoss keesh en ahiee heshk." She replied simply. She for one was not interested in friends. Her sisters and her old bookshop man were perfectly fine for her. Anyways she wouldn't be caught dead socializing with a muggleborn infront of her parents. They'd stick their noses up and disown her probably. Thats what had happened to Ashley after all.

"Mum da, we want the silver ones, the crystal phials, and the silver scales yes?" She looked at them hopefully. She really didn't actually care which they got, but she wanted her sisters to be happy. Always. And Tiernan wanted those ones. Darian had mentioned hte rest of the supplies and she glanced at Tiernan. "Does the list say anything about which potion supplies we need, or is there some sort of like first year kit?" She asked curiously. Kasadya booped her nose against Rowan's cheek at that moment, and the child glanced at the snake curiously. "te asha esekya imishcha noshay imiedoa oste imyaho"

Rowan rolled her eyes but curtly replied "istaeshe" And finally she turned her attention to the boy. "Yes we are shopping for supplies. Why else would we be here? She answered his question, a slight sass to her tone. She had never claimed to be nice. The nice ones were her sisters, not her.

They've got the kingdom locked up
                                                      And there's an
                                                      old man sitting on the throne
                                                      saying I should
                                                      probably keep my pretty mouth shut
                                                      Oh, all of these
                                                      minutes passing, sick of feeling used
                                                      If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised

OOC: Ifrit: Why does the boy speak to us?
Rowan: Because he is stupid and thinks we want to be friends.
Kasadya: He is just staring at you. At least say hi back. Its rude to ignore him.
Rowan: Fine

The Forgotten Weasley
Diamond Wales
Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:35 pm
Oh, I know, I can feel the shifting in my bones...
Enclosed are the senses so unknown.
I've been changing, falling, fading-
There's demons at the door patiently waiting.
But I wasn't composed of broken bones or demon limbs;
So please watch over me and be the light to carry me.
This change is all so permanent.

User Image

𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

FIRST YEAR │ PUREBLOOD │ TRIPLET

Tiernan was trying to get a good look at the belladonna without very obviously going up to the glass jar and peering directly in. Mama or Papa would scold her, and she didn't particularly enjoy being scolded. Tiernan loved her parents, but she unabashedly loved and her sisters more, and she didn't necessarily respect their positions over her. But she didn't like being made to feel embarrassed, regardless of how embarrassed she actually got, not having much shame. She wobbled on her tiptoes, being quite small to begin with, and, without even looking, said cheerily, "Oh, I do hope so. I'm looking forward to Potions." Really, the majority of her interest lay with Herbology, but Potions was closely related to that, and as she expected to be sorted into Slytherin, just like her sisters and the rest of their family, she'd probably prove to be a natural at that as well, right? Everyone knew Slytherins tended to excel at potion brewing. She wheeled around on her heel at the murmur of voices speaking in a foreign language in the background, and curiously regarded the young man and the little boy who'd just come in, The only language besides English that Tiernan was truly fluent in was Parseltongue, despite knowing her fair share of Latin due to plant names and whatnot, but other languages had always interested her, even if her tutors had always bemoaned her... lack of ability with French. From what she gathered the boy was Ivar, and he continued to chat away to the man, who seemed too young to be his father, so he was probably his older brother or cousin, until he seemed transfixed by the sight of Rowan. Tiernan understood. Her sister was quite the transfixing person, especially with her snakes in full display. "Hello," she said pleasantly, waving back at the boy, although he had technically only greeted Rowan. That blunder aside, she was prepared to forgive him if he seemed up to her standards. Tiernan had never paid much attention to her family's standards for friends and acquaintances, which had always seemed to her oddly fixated on what dripped out of people if you cut them up, but she did have her own, private standards. Her very closest inner circle would always be her sisters, as they inseparable, but she was prepared to fill up the outer rim with some like minded individuals. "Rowan, he's allowed to ask silly questions if he likes," she said pleasantly; his question had been fairly pointless, but she considered herself a gracious person.

OOC:
Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Jade Galaksylph

Can't you see the change in me?
There's no placement, no arrangement-
Of words that I could say to keep these changes away.
This world is a masterpiece...
A canvas sheet accountable for such losses.
Shout out to the artist who took his heart and his soul,
And lost them both in the process.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:08 pm
User Image
                                                They say we are what we are
                                                But we don't have to be.
                                                I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
                                                I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
                                                I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Darian listened to her sisters as they discussed school supplies, and she just shuffled as she looked around again. Well, she couldn't exactly inject anything, if nothing else, she hadn't memorized the list, and unlike Tiernan, she wasn't all that interested in potions or herbology. Then again, she hadn't really seen the point in mucking around in dirt. She preferred to climb trees, not plant them. However, she shrugged and then looked at her parents. "No, your lists say pewter. Therefore, we're going to get pewter cauldrons. However, we can get crystal and silver for the rest." Her mother was studying the list as she looked at their father, and Darian could already tell that it was going to be a losing battle. "Also, I think there is a first year's potion's kit here. We can ask about it at the counter."

Darian sighed then looked at the boy who seemed to have ignored the entire family and addressed Rowan. Wow, that was rude! She was tempted to say so, but she didn't, instead deciding to pull a face at the boy for not doing a proper introduction. Granted, she wasn't exactly proper either, but that was beside the point.
                                                "I dunno, he might be someone that's either already in school or not even in school yet. Either way, he's kind of ignoring that we're obviously here shopping." Darian then switched into a low hiss, figuring the kid couldn't hear it anyway. "He's being rude anyway. Who doesn't introduce themselves and ignores the other people with a person when they start talking to them? Wonder if that's common where he's from?"

════════════════════════

Thinking: Eww, I hope we don't have to handle too many slimy things...
                                                OOC:

Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
                                                Is when it's tested again and again everyday.
                                                I'm still comparing your past to my future.
                                                It might be your wound but they're my sutures.

The Forgotten Weasley

Devlyn Maycry

Jade Galaksylph

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out