Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour ~ Open ~ (Now Hiring) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:02 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Wearing ✧(Where) Florean Fortescue''s ✧(What) Being a complete clutz ✧ (With) Emilia and Alice ✧(Why) Not for this!

#5E7D7E #318CE7]
                                                Eira gave Alice a grin and nod as she told her that she could write to her as well from Hogwarts. She had assumed that that had been inferred that she would also write to her but maybe it hadn't. "Of course I shall. I'll make sure to try and write you at least once a week to tell you how everything is going." There. Maybe now that she had actually said it the other girl wouldn't be bothered by it any longer. Then her older sister began talking about Hogwarts and how grand of a school it is as well as how much fun she had there and even mentioned the library. Truthfully, she was also looking forward to exploring the library. It was one of the largest magical libraries in the UK! But then she mentioned change and how it was a good thing (which she didn't really agree or disagree with) which made Alice interrupt and disagree rather severely giving a short awkward silence over the table. Eira wondered what had happened that the other girl didn't like something that was invariably inevitable. But that was rude to say so she merely took a few licks of her slowly melting cone and only gave a small comfortingly smile as the girl turned bright red. She shook her head at the accusation that her writing letters would be trouble partially not understanding how she could think that since she was the one to suggest it in the first place. Maybe it was another one of those things people did to be cordial. When she asked about her little sister and her hair she blinked at the compliment that her hair was "pretty" before remembering that there was an actual question to be answered. "Her name is Wynny and no, her hair is more of a strawberry blonde." she answered truthfully although not mentioning that she saw her hair as more of an old woman white than "pretty blonde."

mc2

Maiya Kajuji

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:16 am
Chelsea Wakefield

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blood Status: Pure
Emotions: Anxious

Jade Galaksylph

{OOC:}
[color=#21421E]
[color=#20BF9F]
[/color]

Chelsea walked into the shop, his wand in one hand, and a light luggage crate in the other. He wasn't very strong, so the assorted items he'd bought for his first year of schooling, consisting of everything that was on the required list, plus a few extra things that were written in on the side of his note, probably by his mother. Chelsea's face was lightly tinted red, he was exasperated, and needed a place to unload this trunk, his arm was killing him. He walked up to the counter, and looked at the menu for a short while before making a decision. "A... a soft served vanilla p-pl-please..." He choked out while looking down. He was rubbing his thumb against the handle of his luggage, not quite certain of what he should be doing. Was he just supposed to stand here and wait for his order? Was he supposed to sit down and wait as though they'd bring it to him? Chelsea didn't know until the man at the counter knocked on the counter once and snapped Chelsea out of his thoughts. He was holding out a cone of ice cream, and looked perplexed. He asked something like if Chelsea was fine, to which Chelsea just nodded. Chelsea stuck his wand in his shirt sleeve and placed the money on the counter and took the ice cream tentatively. He was so embarrassed he hurried away from the counter and just sat down in the window area, directly next to Eugene without realizing. Chelsea started mumbling about how he shouldn't get lost in his thoughts, people might start thinking he was weird, and if people thought he was weird, he'd never know how to deal with them.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:28 am
User Image

єugene єridanos ωindsor

Ravenclaw Year Four Half-Blood Keeper

User Image
xxxxxxxxxx A spark soaring down through the pouring rain
------------------------------------------------- And restoring life to the lighthouse
xxxxxxxxxx A slow motion wave on the ocean
------------------------------------------- Stirs my emotion up like a rain cloud

-------- ✦When did the sky turn black? And when will the light come back?✦ --------

Jean was so preoccupied in drawing stuffs (heck, even doodling his friends and his dad) he didn't pay attention to the surrounding. He was sipping his Ice Cream Soda when he felt a presence on this table, he was expecting Elijah or his dad or Cathy next him. He glanced and found himself next to a young lad with dark red hair like his, so was his ex-personality back when he was a first year. He wasn't sure but he was hearing the young lad mumbling and looking pale. He squinted his dark jade green eyes as if trying to decode what he was mumbling about, unfortunately he could not catch a single word.

The young lad smiled and just shook his head, forgetting the thought about eavesdropping. Eugene started to think of something to calm him down, while sipping his ice cream soda. He set down his drink and closed his sketchbook and pencil, facing the lad. "Hey lad, s'okay actually to be nervous. Happens every time", he spoke with a natural Scottish accent, but not as heavy as people would expect, it wasn't that light either. He bit his lip after speaking, he hoped he didn't scare the boy. From the looks of him, was he anew student for Hogwarts? He reckoned it might be. "Hmmm...", he observed him, "I reckon you're a new student this coming school year?"

-------- We all suffer but we recover just to discover life where we all are --------

A bad feeling burned through the ceiling, leaving my healing heart with a new scar

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx A dead fire rose and rose higher like a vampire, up from the graveyard

With: Chelsea Wakefield
Attire: Grey denim jacket over a while shirt and dark jeans. A small dark green shoulder-bag and maroon rubber shoes.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:50 am
Chelsea Wakefield

Emotions: Anxious, Embarrassed that he just took a huge bite of ice cream and gave himself a headache with it.

Jade Galaksylph

[color=#21421E]
[color=#20BF9F]
[/color]

Chelsea's mumbling was interrupted with a hiccup made even more evident as he stopped breathing, stiffening when Eugene began talking. He turned slowly, looking up at the older boy, and carefully listening to his words. He simply looked shocked, not scared, not excited, just shocked. Like a deer caught in headlights. "I-I'm sorry. I'm n-n-not meaning to be nervous." Chelsea said, remembering to start breathing again. "Y-y-yes. I a-a-am." Chelsea said looking down once more. He looked at his ice cream, and thought it'd be somewhat rude of him to try eating it normally, but it was starting to melt. So instead of licking it like would be normal he took a bite off the top, letting the ice cream sit in his mouth for a moment, melting it a bit before swallowing it. "Owww..." Chelsea said as his head started to hurt from a brain freeze. How could he have forgotten that this would happen? "A... a-are you A student at Hogwarts?" Chelsea choked out, This time his sentence wasn't nearly as stop and starty as it had previously been. The other boy had a Scottish accent which meant he was from the Isle, but there was always the chance he wasn't a student or something. He had red hair as well, and was wearing a denim jacket, but despite Chelsea's observations, anything to not simply sit there staring at one feature too much, He couldn't find anything to identify him as a student.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:30 am
User Image

єugene єridanos ωindsor

User Image
------------------------------------------------- And restoring life to the lighthouse
------------------------------------------- Stirs my emotion up like a rain cloud

-------- ✦When did the sky turn black? And when will the light come back?✦ --------

Eugene raised an eyebrow at the boy (who confirmed himself that he is indeed a student), why was he apologizing. He was sure the lad did nothing wrong, he just happened to anxious is all. "Eh, no" He replied casually, waving his hand lazily, "S'not your fault. I mean, please, I was pretty much almost like that when I was your age when I visited this place for the very first time." He gave him an obvious shrug, "But well... You weren't that terrible so... yep, just, relax and you need more oxygen," He couldn't help but was the boy sheltered from the Wizarding World? Because he wouldn't be surprised if it really was, he used to grow up without knowing anything about magic for eleven years, after all.

His hijacked train of thought snapped him off when the boy winced after biting the ice cream, which was probably a stupid thing to do to begin with. He chuckled and shook his head slightly before taking another sip from his drink. "Whoops," He accidentally rolled the pencil off the table, so he had to bend and put his head under the table to pick the pencil for his unfortunate height. He caught the lad's question if he was a student from Hogwarts, his head was still under the table so he just replied, "Mhmm" before sitting straight up after picking up his pencil after a while. "My fourth Year this year. Gonna re-enter the Quidditch once again, aaand I'm joining a club this time" He put his pencil inside his bag as well as his sketchbook, "Welp, since we will meet this year at Hogwarts. My name is Eugene, but my mates call me Jean. Well, I mean, Eugene is fine but I dunno you can call me Jean if you wish..." His voice sounded awkward and was gradually quick. "I'm, uh, Ravenclaw. The house, I mean. Houses are a thing there so yep, dormitories" He hid his awkwardness by laughing about his statement. His warm face showed a sign of red in low opacity, he couldn't believe he just screwed up by just taling to a future first year.

-------- We all suffer but we recover just to discover life where we all are --------

A bad feeling burned through the ceiling, leaving my healing heart with a new scar

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx A dead fire rose and rose higher like a vampire, up from the graveyard

With: Chelsea Wakefield
Attire: Dressed for a summer walk

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:24 pm
Chelsea Wakefield

Emotions: Anxious

Jade Galaksylph

[color=#21421E]
[color=#20BF9F]
[/color]

Chelsea listened to Eugene speaking, how it wasn't Chelsea's fault. "I'm sorry..." Chelsea said, putting his icecream down and rubbing his temple, trying to get rid of the headache. He also started breathing more steadily, trying to take all of Eugene's advice at once, and a bit of the redness from his face seemed to recede as he began to calm down. "I've been here before, but this is my first time here alone. My father thought it'd be fun to send me to another family member's home, and then from there have me make my own way to Diagon Alley." Chelsea said, looking at Eugene, but noticing he'd ducked below the table, it looked like he was reaching for something. "Oh, so you are my senior." Chelsea said, a little more sure of himself, or maybe just relieved that he'd met someone he might see at school later. "I'm Chelsea, Chelsea Wakefield. I-i-it's nice to meet you Eugene. Um... I-I-I mean Jean..." Chelsea said, shifting slightly in his seat. "Quidditch? They play that game at the school?" Chelsea was perplexed, that sport seemed dangerous, there were literally flying metal spheres flying around that could easily bash you in the face, or even break your broom, making you fall. "Ravenclaw, they're the ones that are supposed to be the smartest ones, right? Or that's what is commonly assumed, right?" Chelsea asked, his dad had explained the houses, but he mostly just seemed to be poking fun at all of them.

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

Dangerous Loiterer

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:40 am
User Image

єugene єridanos ωindsor

User Image

Eugene gave a slightly pleading sigh as if saying, 'Oh come on, I've already said it wasn't your fault but okay'. He listening about how Chelsea's father thought it would be fun to send him to another family member's home, and then find his own way alone in the alley. Eugene cannot imagine his father doing so, sending him to his relatives' home and all of it though the doing-things-alone in the alley were great to do so. But he couldn't lift his hopes about him spending a vacation in his father's hometown with his relatives, he didn't even know them yet. "Yeah, a senior I guess. It's good to meet you Chelsea.," he chuckled when Chelsea took a split decision about whether to call him Jean or the original, but he ignored it nevertheless.

He nodded ethusiastically, "Yeah, we do play it. It's enjoyable to be honest, being a goalkeeper is fun too! I just had to be careful about throwing it to my teammates thought without giving them nosebleeds. But it's fairly good and safe, unless you had acrophobia that is. Unfortunately, I had to drop it for a year because... well, I'm busy to do so? " He shrugged and gave a bitter laugh about how Ravenclaw was described. He had complex feelings about that house, on one hand it held cozy but on the other hand some of his housemates were hard to talk with (especially, a certain sixth year). Upon thinking about it, his eyes seemed to have an unusual annoyance, despite his jade eyes meant to have a warm welcome, "Ravenclaw's not always the smartest, it just happened that some of my mates are a bunch of nerds. So yes, it's simply just commonly assumed." 'Except one, of course' Eugene thought of his buddy Elijah, his eccentric yet humorous guy for a friend. "But eh, I wouldn't worry about what house you would end up. All of them are completely fine with me."

With: Chelsea
Attire: [x]

TvIaMsOqTuHeYz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:22 pm
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

kчlα cσllíns
hσgwαrts hufflєpuff αlumní

'Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights

Kyla had had another spat with her mother over finding a job again. The girl had been trying, but short of walking into the Ministry and declaring herself a Magizoologist, she was broke out of ideas. She liked animals and wanted to do that, but she wasn't sure how to even go about that, much less what she wanted to study. She had been walking past the ice cream parlor and sighed, deciding that some cold ice cream might make her feel better. Walking into the place, she frowned as she looked at the menu. With a sigh, she walked up to the counter and said, "You wouldn't be in need of help here, would you? I kinda need a job." She sounded desperate and she knew it, but if she could at least tell her mother she was trying, maybe that would be enough?

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to Is making me numb
I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Diamond Wales

SummerIsles

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:50 pm
User Image
                                                    Can't help if I space in a daze,
                                                    My eyes tune out the other way,
                                                    I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Ħʊḟḟℓ℮℘υḟḟ Åʟüмηḯ || ℳüℊℊłℯßøяη || ϴωηℯя øḟ ℉ℓ◎ґ℮αη ℱøґтℯṧ¢ʊℯ'ṧ

════════════════════════

Rose had been wiping down the counter when someone walked up to the counter. She looked up and blinked at the girl. Well, this was unexpected. She'd been running the place for three years now, and hadn't had any help yet. However, she had to admit that it would lessen the workload if she did have help. "Considering how busy the place gets during the summer, I would say so. Rose Hall. What's your name, and why would you want to work here? Not sounding rude, just curious." Rose put down the rag and extended her other hand to shake. Well, if she could get another body in here, she could at least cut down on the hours she worked here. That was a bonus. Plus, Nell would love to see her out of the shop more often than after the parlour closed for the night. Wouldn't that be something?

════════════════════════
                                                    Location: Florean Fortescue's
                                                    Thinking: Wow, someone wants to work here?
                                                    Taken With: Chantale Ellis
                                                    OOC: If you want, please fill out the form found here to apply for the job.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

In this head my thoughts are deep,
                                                    But sometimes I can't even speak,
                                                    Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Bubo and Peaches

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:02 am
User Image

Looking fine in:Grey / Thinking: Shakespare, oh yes please/ Single/ Pureblood

Alessandra managed to find her way to the ice cream shop looking for some french ice cream as she has missed in since living in Lyon. The French- Italian has finally started to know her way around Diagon Alley. The only thing she has to do is make friends and find a job unless Valentina decides to give up being the owner to the family business which if her grades are not good she won't be. "I wonder if this place has French flavors?" Alessandra said to herself.

OOC: Open for interaction

i

Quote:

Quote:

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:01 am
User Image

kчlα cσllíns

Oh, right, she forgot her name! The blond smiled and accepted the woman's hand for a shake, then said, "I'm Kyla. Kyla Collins." She smiled at the woman again, looking around the ice cream parlor. Then she answered the woman's other question. "Well, I like ice cream and I love talking to people and I figure that those two go hand in hand here. Besides, I need a job and my mum is really getting on my case about getting one. I want to be a magizoologist but I have no idea on how to break into the field, so I figure that this should at least show my mother that I'm trying. You know what I mean? Oh gosh, I'm rambling again, aren't I?" Her cheeks colored a little pink when the girl realized she had been rambling again.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 am
User Image
                                                    Can't help if I space in a daze,
                                                    My eyes tune out the other way,
                                                    I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Ħʊḟḟℓ℮℘υḟḟ Åʟüмηḯ || ℳüℊℊłℯßøяη || ϴωηℯя øḟ ℉ℓ◎ґ℮αη ℱøґтℯṧ¢ʊℯ'ṧ

════════════════════════

Rose smiled. Well, she seemed pleasant enough! Though, the fact she wanted to get into magizoology was a bit of surprise. Nevertheless, Rose took it in stride and decided to maybe give the girl a bit of help. "Well, those are definitely a bonus, trust me. However, why don't you talk to my girlfriend? She's in magizoology, got into it right after leaving Hogwarts. She might be able to help you get your foot in the door. Though, if you do have your heart set on working here, I won't say no." Still grinning, she the looked toward the entrance, where another woman came in. She gave the other woman a smile and a wave. "Ma'am, if you'll hold on for just a moment, I'll be right with you." Turning back to Kyla, she shrugged. "Either way you want to go, at least it looks like you walked into the right shop."

════════════════════════
                                                    Location: Florean Fortescue's
                                                    Thinking: Wow, someone wants to work here?
                                                    Taken With: Chantale Ellis
                                                    OOC: If you want, please fill out the form found here to apply for the job.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

In this head my thoughts are deep,
                                                    But sometimes I can't even speak,
                                                    Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Bubo and Peaches

SummerIsles

mrs-lestrange

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:15 pm
User Image

Looking fine in:Grey / Thinking: Shakespare, oh yes please/ Single/ Pureblood

"Take you time please. I am no rush, My sister at Hogwarts. I got nothing to do all day." Alessandra said to the shop owner. When the girl about her dream career Alessandra still wants to go for hers but not while she has Valentina under her care. "I still want to carry on my dream career when I move back to Egypt once my sister turns seventeen and finished school." She told the young girl in her French- Italian accent. Alessandra never understood why students went to Hogwarts until Valentina got her letter as she was born in United Kingdom. Since then she understood why they do go there and everything about the magical world here was so different than the other places she have lived growing up.

OOC: Open for interaction an edited

Diamond Wales

SummerIsles

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:21 pm
Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

User ImageUser Image
XXXPurebloodXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXⓂⓨ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ

〖Nell walked into the ice cream shoppe bent on surprising her girlfriend with an early lunch when she saw two customers already at the counter. At least it wasn't five or more, she didn't feel too too bad about asking her to close up for about an hour or so. She grinned as she spotted Rose and wanted to walk behind the counter to give her a proper greeting but held herself back to an excited wave as she stood between the two young women at the counter. "Hey! Sorry to budge in but I was hoping to steal you away for an early lunch if you're not too busy. I've actually got some time on my hands since I'm just filling out the paperwork to actually be licensed rather than still 'in training'." the Scott said actually using air quotes but way passed excited to care. She was finally about to be a Magizoologist! After years and years of studying and training she would finally be able to work and study with animals she wanted to. And she finally had an area of choice! She had loved working with Hippogryffs so much but she felt that if she just specialized with them that she'd be cutting herself off from so many wondrous areas of study, so she decided to go by classes. Specifically classes XXX and above. Nell had yet to tell her girlfriend of this fact but hoped that she could squeeze it in somewhere in their lunch date. And hope that since they would be in public that Rose wouldn't blow up too spectacularly.】
Diamond Wales

SummerIsles

Wearing: Clothes | Where: Florean Fortescue Ice Cream Parlor | With: Rose and others | Thoughts: Hopefully she won't be too mad, right? | OOC:

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:01 pm
User Image

kчlα cσllíns

Kyla smiled when Rose said that they were desired traits, then her smiled faltered when Rose suggested that Kyla talk to her girlfriend. However, it returned when Rose said that her girlfriend was a magizoologist. That's what she wanted to do! She nodded, then blinked when the door opened behind her. Turning her head, she saw the girl in question walk in and smiled, watching the girl walk behind the counter. Kyla waved at her and said, "Hey there. Yeah, I suppose I'd like to work here, at least until I can make a break into the field." She smiled and rolled back on her heels, watching the two girls with a happy smile on her face.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

Diamond Wales

Yukina101