Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings: Cartographers! Game has started! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:13 pm
Mongooseh

No but I suggest you grow some thicker skin if you took what I said as a jab at you. I was merely saying that you'd be repeating yourselves edit: in game and it'd be boring.

I don't really have any issues with your point, but here's my angle:
I generally prefer to expand on things OOC: that way in-game, I can just demonstrate the consequences of the character's background and opinions naturally, through action, rather than spending game time on exposition.
I have no plans to spend pages of RP on a point-by-point argument about Bushido, but knowing your character's perspective helps you react more naturally when an honor conundrum comes up; that's my perspective.

Regarding the thickness of my skin, I'm sure you didn't intend to be personal, but 'tiresome' is unambiguously belittling.
I say it's unnecessary because it's precisely that- not needed to make your point.

Regardless, this is something I'm willing to debate, but not argue about, so maybe let's just let it lie- especially since I'm really looking forward to interacting with that Yoritomo Courtier you were planning on.

Plainsfox
Well, I think it's funny thus far that as things stand, the "rebel" Kitsune has a higher honor rank than the "loyal" one. Guess we'll see how gameplay will adjust things.

That's the beauty of conflicting loyalties- honorable dudes and ladies on both sides of every issue! Irreducible differences, good intentions, tragic drama! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 pm
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa
Happy Rain!

I'm having trouble with the weapons; attack and damage...could you refresh my very slow brain again?

I've updated my sheet.

It's not very slow! I'm sure your brain is lovely and/or tasty. <3

When you attack in melee, odds are you'll be rolling Agility + Weapon Skill, keeping Agility.

So for Kenjutsu for your character, 3 Agility 3 Kenjutsu = 6k3. As a Daidoji, you roll 7k3 in attack stance (meaning the benefit of going Full Attack is less for you, but the benefit is still there if you ever want it).

In 4th edition, if you attack with your Katana or Bisento, you reroll any 1's (once each) on your attack rolls, since you have emphases in them. You no longer add skill rank to damage.

Your heavy armor reduces your accuracy. Though technically increasing your opponent's Armor TN, you're technically taking -5 to your attack roll.

So, in total, you're rolling 7k3-5, rerolling 1's, with your Katana or Bisento.

For damage, Katana does base 3k2 and Bisento is 3k3. Your Strength is 2, so you're rolling 5k2 and 5k3, respectively.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:47 pm
Rain Yupa
BegrudginglyGood
Rain Yupa
Happy Rain!

I'm having trouble with the weapons; attack and damage...could you refresh my very slow brain again?

I've updated my sheet.

It's not very slow! I'm sure your brain is lovely and/or tasty. <3

When you attack in melee, odds are you'll be rolling Agility + Weapon Skill, keeping Agility.

So for Kenjutsu for your character, 3 Agility 3 Kenjutsu = 6k3. As a Daidoji, you roll 7k3 in attack stance (meaning the benefit of going Full Attack is less for you, but the benefit is still there if you ever want it).

In 4th edition, if you attack with your Katana or Bisento, you reroll any 1's (once each) on your attack rolls, since you have emphases in them. You no longer add skill rank to damage.

Your heavy armor reduces your accuracy. Though technically increasing your opponent's Armor TN, you're technically taking -5 to your attack roll.

So, in total, you're rolling 7k3-5, rerolling 1's, with your Katana or Bisento.

For damage, Katana does base 3k2 and Bisento is 3k3. Your Strength is 2, so you're rolling 5k2 and 5k3, respectively.

Hmmm, as much as I would prefer to have as high attack and damage as possible, I plan on needing that 30 TN to be Hit, so I've decided to not trade down to light armor. Hopefully its not the wrong choice, lol.

But you could say she lives the life of a Guardian when not on the front lines beside the rest of the Iron Cranes (which she has not yet done), hey, she's only 16 right.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:12 pm
You gotta choose what you think is best for your character. Everything is important. smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:16 pm
Yay, Rain is online when I am! Party time...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:26 pm
Joseph Severn
EDIT: Also also, I think having two Kitsune characters with totally different perspectives on their family's place in the Clan should be really interesting.

This.

Also, there's nothing wrong with two players discussing the nature of their familial relationship before game starts. Not only is that good planning, it's foundation for good roleplaying too.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm
BegrudginglyGood

*snakes an arm behind the small of Ms. Good's back and pulls her close*

A party is what you make with other players. This, my dear, is just bad form.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:41 pm
Rain Yupa
BegrudginglyGood

*snakes an arm behind the small of Ms. Good's back and pulls her close*

A party is what you make with other players. This, my dear, is just bad form.

This is exactly what I missed getting stuck offline for too long.  

BegrudginglyGood

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:00 pm
Haha, I missed you too. Hopefully you'll be around more often?

I think everyone's going to have a lot of fun with this. I did I think 3 provinces before the game fell to the wayside, but it was funny knowing I submitted a bad one and we're running out of places to check and all this bad stuff is happening to us, and I went "man, if I knew about all this other stuff, that would have been the LAST thing I suggested!" Something involving the Shadow Dragon. I got so frightened towards the end.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:07 pm
So we shouldn't say 'Shadow Dragon' as our description of a section to map? hehe  

BegrudginglyGood

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:10 pm
Self-fulfilling prophecies of doom are the most hilarious prophecies of doom.

I was planning to put in something about Daigotsu or Kali-ma! Maybe her and the Shadow Dragon can be friends~  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 pm
My GM used to trust me with prophecies because I instinctively went out of my way to make them happen sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:34 pm
Rain Yupa
My GM used to trust me with prophecies because I instinctively went out of my way to make them happen sweatdrop

I think this might be a GM thing, players that are also GMs betimes- there's that desire and drive, whichever side of the screen you're on, to drive the story forward and create dramatic resolutions, make things interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:08 am
Joseph Severn
Rain Yupa

I think this might be a GM thing, players that are also GMs betimes- there's that desire and drive, whichever side of the screen you're on, to drive the story forward and create dramatic resolutions, make things interesting.

But I don't GM in any RL games. It's my instinct to see how a story unfolds more than anything else, I think?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:19 am
Rain Yupa

But I don't GM in any RL games. It's my instinct to see how a story unfolds more than anything else, I think?

Huh, I see! Well, there goes that theory, for the most part.
I'd say it's about half my desire to see how things unfold, and about half my desire to stir things up and increase the stakes or create an unexpected scenario.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff