Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Magical Menagerie ~ NPC Owned ~ For Sale Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital Static

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm
User Image

Kimberly Goodwin
Former Ravenclaw
My outfit today

I'm a victim of my instinct.
Unraveling and reeling, think I'm wise.
Our freedom can be deadly.

Hearing the supplies needed by the boy, Kimberly's smile faded a little. "Oh dear, sounds like someone was hurt." She usually referred to most animals as 'someone' or the like. After all animals had feelings too! She took her wand in hand and began summoning some of the supplies. "What kind of owl are you treating or are the supplies for a variety of animals?" She wanted to be sure she pulled the right doses of sedative and painkiller for the animal. She would hate to give a dose for a bird the size of a Great Grey Owl when the young man was treating a screech owl. Or even if she was treating an Owl verses a dog.

I'm prisoned, but believing.
Twisting my delusions, best beware.
My peace can be deceiving.
I'm steady in the deep end of despair.

User Image

Greycast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:32 pm
User Image
Wesley is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Regal in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // in mourningspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Siobhanspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm just here for a dog... that's it... really.' spacespac

✦ ✦ ✦ People are soaring, always exploring, higher than they've ever been before.
But we are still down here, feet on the ground near, what will rise us up with the rest?
✦ ✦ ✦
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Wesley entered the shop and was instantly assailed by the smell of animals... he had to try to keep from wrinkling his nose. Not that he had a problem with animals, it was just... it was rather concentrated, after all. But he didn't want to offend the shopowner, of course, given that she had the power to send him away without allowing him to adopt... he'd been rather lonely at home, and... well, since Dahlia's death, the silence had become deafening. Before, when she'd merely been gone, it had seemed welcome, a comfort that she was gone from his life, that she was no longer around to cause problems. But now, knowing that she wasn't coming home... it was different. She'd never change, she'd never return, she'd never even have the chance. And it was... sad. And yes, rather lonely. Brownie kept him company when she could, but the poor dear was so busy... and became positively annoyed when he tried to help her out. Ah, well. She could have her pride. He just wanted someone to keep him company. But he wouldn't know the first thing about making friends or trying to go out in the world and date. His marriage hadn't been arranged, but it may as well have been. He'd never had to court Dahlia, because he'd seemed the perfect match (a fact she'd loved to complain about after his 'defection').

He approached the counter, blinking a bit when he recognized the woman standing at the cash register. It was the woman from the Brighton Ball, the one who'd looked ravishing her her red gown, who'd caught his attention and made him wish he could've asked her to dance. He'd been rather annoyed at his wife that night, because as little as he cared for her and as justified as his dalliance might have been, he couldn't do that to another person. Not out of any care for Dahlia, but for her, the beautiful blonde who'd spent the night corralling her children and looked ever so much like she needed a break, a chance to be a woman and not a mother. He'd been married at the time; he'd had nothing to offer the woman except a dance... which might have been enough for her, but not for him, because he'd been captivated by her.

She was focused on a book, likely one detailing transactions, mumbling to herself. He cleared his throat lightly, smiling when she looked up and flushed. She was as beautiful as he'd remembered, even without the elegance of her ball gown.
                                                          "Ah, I would like to inquire about adopting a dog... that is the proper term, right? Adopting?" He'd started to say purchase, but it felt wrong to say one was merely buying a living creature. Adopting felt much more... appropriate. Like it would be his child, his companion. Yes, that seemed right. His eyes drifted to the dogs, and he saw a few that seemed as though they'd suit him well, but none of them stood out so far... he hoped very much that the woman before him could help.

✦ ✦ ✦ Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic, mechanical in nature all the time.
                                                          And pulses are firing in our head wiring, guiding all our actions and beings.
                                                          ✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

(( OOC: ))
Private scene! Please PM before posting!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:40 pm
User Image
Siobhan is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Lovely at the Magical Menageriespace
CURRENTLY WITH // Wesleyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So many old families coming by lately...' spacespac

◆ ◇ ◆ Took this love and I took it down; climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills 'til the landslide brought me down
◆ ◇ ◆

Siobhan glanced up from her ledger at the cool, crisp tones of a man's voice. Her cheeks pinkened ever so slightly, and she blinked. Honestly, she didn't quite hear what the man had said for a moment. It didn't register. She was too busy trying to remember where she'd seen him before... she was certain she had. He was rather handsome, in an old-world sort of way. Not a face she'd likely forget, although she might not have really noticed him before. Her loneliness had only recently started to overlap her affection for her dead husband. Likely she'd still been in the throes of mourning when they'd first met... or had they met, actually? His demeanor said he recognized her, but he spoke to her like he'd never done so before.

She recalled that he'd said something and her blush deepened. What had he asked? About... dogs! He wanted to adopt a dog! She smiled, her eyes sparkling, two parts embarrassment and one part her old effervescent self. She nodded.
                                                          "Adopting is certainly the term I prefer. Makes them sound more like family and less like objects, don't you think?" She marked her place in her ledger and removed her reading glasses before tucking the book away and stepping out from behind the counter. She motioned for him to follow her to the dog's cages with a smile. "We've got quite a few... I suppose you're looking for a companion? Would you prefer a large or small dog?" She thought he seemed like the type to want a larger dog, a purebred probably, one that was dignified and strong. Of course, that was only a guess... but she'd gotten rather good at guessing. His cool elegance told her he was likely a noble; he'd want something like a Great Dane, or a Husky. She had both grown dogs and puppies for both breeds. Hopefully he'd find one he liked.

She realized she hadn't introduced herself, something she rarely forgot to do. Of course, that was partially because she thought she'd met him before...
                                                          "My name is Siobhan, by the way. Siobhan Lowery." She found herself wondering if he would recognize her name. It was an old one, after all, although not so noble as some. A former Gryffindor, married into a family of Hufflepuffs. He seemed like a Slytherin, though. Not unfriendly, but sort of detached. It was a trait most from the house of snakes shared. They tended to comport themselves with a sort of regal apathy when in public. She did detect an undercurrent of shyness from him, though, and nervousness, something she couldn't say she'd encountered much of from that house. It was sort of... interesting.

◆ ◇ ◆ Well, I've been afraid of changing, 'cause I've built my life around you.
                                                          But time makes you bolder; children get older. I'm getting older, too.
                                                          ◆ ◇ ◆

User Image

Hey Dia, quoted you in case you want to post Rhys o3o

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:09 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I'm just here for a dog... that's it... really.' spacespac

✦ ✦ ✦ People are soaring, always exploring, higher than they've ever been before.
But we are still down here, feet on the ground near, what will rise us up with the rest?
✦ ✦ ✦

Wesley smiled widely when she agreed with his choice of words, her words almost mimicking his thoughts. He watched her mark her place and put away her glasses, noting how very different she looked without them. Beautiful either way, though. He followed her beckoning hand over to the dogs, smiling as he looked them over. "A companion, yes. My wife... passed away, early this year. My house feels rather empty." He didn't add that it had been empty long before, that he was more afraid of her ghost returning that he was of the woman staying dead. That the dog would be there to keep him company because he was afraid his wandering mind would make him miss a woman he was far better off without.

He looked over the dogs, his expression thoughtful. A large dog, definitely. He couldn't see himself walking around with some tiny thing on a leash. Medium, perhaps, but honestly, a larger dog would suit him.
                                                          "A large dog. Preferably a puppy now, one that'll be larger when it grows up. I've read that dogs relate better to people they've been around since they were young." He needed the dog to take to him; he also needed it to be trainable. It wouldn't do to get one already grown and set in its ways. When she gave her name, he smiled. Siobhan. It was a lovely name. The last name, however, sounded rather familiar. Lowery... a family of Hufflepuffs, he believed. He shrugged off the initial feeling of dislike at that thought, knowing that was unbecoming of him. Still, he had a few moments, here and there, where he forgot that he was trying to be better than this. So, he inclined his head at her with a smile. "Wesley Jackson Edgeworth," He murmured. Meanwhile, he was trying to trace which member of the Lowery family she might be... he didn't have much contact with them or those they had contact with. He knew there were a couple of unmarried Lowery women, but they should be younger... was she the matron, then? Married to the eldest? The thought made him want to scowl. It wouldn't do for him to be flirting with married women, after all. Not that he was flirting.

He looked over the cages, sure that one of the dogs would catch his eye. Sure enough, he spotted one. A litter of Siberian Husky puppies. Four of them; three were playing with each other towards the back of the cage. But, the fourth was standing at the front, barking softly, eyeing him. When they made eye contact, the pup's paw came up, scratching at the glass, tail wagging. He walked over to the cage and crouched down, smiling.
                                                          "Are these old enough to be adopted?" They looked a bit young... there was an older Husky, clearly the mother, in a separate, but attached, cage. His hand met the pup's paw on the glass, and he smiled. She... and he checked, it was a she, she was so sweet. Precious. With big, bright blue eyes. If he couldn't take her home, he'd wait. This was definitely the one he wanted.

✦ ✦ ✦ Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic, mechanical in nature all the time.
                                                          ✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:01 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // Wesleyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So many old families coming by lately...' spacespac

And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills 'til the landslide brought me down
◆ ◇ ◆

Siobhan gave him a sympathetic look when he mentioned his wife had passed away. She was all too familiar with that pain, of course. Thankfully, her house hadn't been empty for long. She'd never been truly alone, after all, with the kids, and not too long after Davin had died, the rest of the family had moved in. She couldn't imagine being alone after the lose of her husband; it would have been unbearable. "I know the feeling. My husband passed away a few years ago... I was fortunate to have his family there to support me. And my kids, of course." She smiled when he confirmed her suspicions, although she was a bit surprised that he wanted a puppy. Most who carried themselves the way he did didn't have time to train a dog; they wanted one already trained and ready to take home.

She saw a strange light in his eyes when she gave her name, like he was searching for something. Trying to remember if he knew her name, perhaps? She recognized his almost immediately, and had to struggle to keep her face straight. The Edgeworth name had been spoken of more than its fair share of late, even among those who didn't care for gossip. The man had been through a lot, even if only half of it was true. Which was more than possible, given the way the rumor mill seemed to work. After Davin had died, rumors had abounded that she'd buried an empty coffin and that he was running the woods like a crazed madman, turning into a wolf on the full moon. Not an odd rumor, considering what he'd done for a living... until one also considered that the funeral had been open-casket and attended by more than a good portion of the Ministry. But, in all honesty, if his wife had been even a fraction of as awful as she'd been made to seem, Siobhan was surprised he'd bothered to mourn her.

She saw the exact moment that he spotted the dog he wanted. It was a look she'd seen a million times; actually, it was one of her favorite things about owning this shop. Getting to see people when they met that one special animal was incredibly satisfying. She smiled. The pups he'd picked out, her huskies. She'd taken the mother in about a week before the puppies had been born, had raised them all from birth (and had to nurse the mother back to health. It hadn't been an easy pregnancy, apparently). They were one week past the age of needing their mother's care. She nodded to him.
                                                          "Yes. Barely, but yes. I take it you like her?" Siobhan indicated the puppy at the front, the one he was already staring at adoringly. That pup was particularly precious. She was a loving little thing, always needing attention. She loved sitting her Siobhan's lap and being scratched on her belly. She wondered if that would bother him, though. He seemed a bit reserved.

◆ ◇ ◆

User Image

Hey Dia, quoted you in case you want to post Rhys o3o

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:32 pm
User Image

✦ ✦ ✦

Wesley's eyes brightened a bit when she mentioned her husband had passed away, and he immediately felt guilty for the surge of pleasure that it had given him. He shouldn't be so glad that a woman's husband was dead... and honestly, he wasn't. He was just perhaps a little happy to know that she was unattached. Of course, her husband being dead didn't mean she was single... so really he was still in square one, wondering if she were seeing someone. But at least he knew she wasn't married. Otherwise she'd have said her first husband. He'd also learned that she was close to her husband's family, and that she had children. How many? How old were they? He smiled a bit. "I haven't gotten to see my son since she passed. He's been at school. I got a few letters from him after I let him know... he seems to be taking it well." Wesley didn't bother to add that he was hardly surprised. Damien's relationship with his mother had taken a sharp jump off a cliff after the boy's first year and only continued downhill from there. She'd earned every bit of his distaste, of course. But then, Wesley wondered if perhaps he was hurting more than he'd let on. The man resolved to ask Marina about it. He was certain to see the girl at some point over the Summer, especially with the absence of Dahlia.

He met her eyes, a sad light behind his own, a wry grin on his face.
                                                          "Damien's a seventh year once the current year ends. One more Summer at home, and then he'll be off to his last year at school, and then... I have no idea if he'll stay home with me, or try to move out on his own. The house is going to be so quiet..." A light flush filled his cheeks. He hadn't meant to be so open with her... of course, he didn't really have anyone to talk to about such things. Brownie, but, well... she was his servant, and loyal to him, and tended to put up a wall of formality between them... except when she thought he was making a mistake. Unfortunately for him, ever since he'd locked Dahlia out, she'd completely agreed with everything he said about the woman, and merely murmured 'yes sir, no sir' when he spoke of her. In regards to Damien... she rarely bothered to drop the formal speak when he was the topic. He knew she was going to miss the boy if he moved out, but she'd never say so to him. It was her job to serve him, so she didn't want him coddling her. It wasn't proper, she told him.

He turned back to the dog, smiling widely when, upon their eyes meeting, her tail began to wag and she licked the glass. He chuckled; it was almost like she was trying to lick it away to get to him. By now, the others had noticed him as well, but none of them were capturing her attention. When Siobhan told him the pups were old enough to take home, he nodded in answer to her question.
                                                          "How could I not? She's precious." He hadn't expected to be adopting a girl; but then, it seemed to fit. He was lacking female companionship, after all. And a puppy was probably a safer bet than an actual woman. Although looking at Siobhan, he wondered if it wouldn't be so bad to dip his toe in the dating pool... perhaps not so soon, of course. But given time... he found himself wondering if Siobhan would be available then. He blinked a bit. Did he have a crush? Surely he was far past the age of such a thing being possible... but he couldn't deny that he was somewhat enraptured by her. She was quite beautiful.

✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:10 am
User Image

User Image

╬ Single ╬ Triplet ╬ Emotionally Damaged ╬

T h e p a s t c a n h u r t b u t y o u c a n e i t h e r r u n f r o m i t o r l e a r n f r o m i t

ΦΦΦΦΦ ι ρяøмιṡε τнε τяυτн...

Rei led his little sister into the pet shop. He didn't know if it was his best idea to get another pet.... especially with what had happened to Tiny, but he missed his cat and he wanted another one. At least it would help fill the hole in his heart where his old cat used to sit. He had never thought he'd be able to be mad at Rui, but he was. He had caught her literally mutilating his poor cat alive until the poor thing died of blood loss of pain. It hurt him to know his beautiful twin was so ******** messed up.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around himself before sighing and patting his sister's head and walking towards the counter.
                                                  "Excuse me?" He called curiously, before turning to Autumn and crouching down in front of her. "What should I get? Huh Autumn? Maybe a cat? Or a squirrel? Whatcha think?" He smirked and waited for his little sister's answer. He knew she'd know what he should do. A cat would fill his heart, but it'd also remind him of Tiny, while a squirrel wouldn't remind him of his dead cat, and still would be a pet. He just couldn't decide.

...вυτ ρяøмιṡεṡ αяε ℓιεs ΦΦΦΦΦ

S c a r s h a v e t h e s t r a n g e p o w e r t o r e m i n d u s t h a t o u r p a s t i s v e r y r e a l

Rawwry
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Autumn held her brother's hand tightly as he led her into the pet shop. She could feel the ball of anxiety in her stomach growing as they entered the Magical Menagerie where there was bound to be more people. She wasn't sure how she felt about going to Hogwarts yet. Autumn looked at her brother when she was asked a question. She wasn't sure how her voice would sound, she hadn't talked for a day or two, so the girl cleared her throat and spoke,"I think you should get both." Her voice was a bit hoarse, but clear none the less. Squirrels were cute and small and portable and cats were soft and adorable and traditional. Autumn twirled her hair around her finger and looked around. She could probably even help him pick out which cat and squirrel to get.

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 am
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years go by
I don't really know why I don't really know why
7, 8, 9, 11 years go by
I still feel the same way I did when I was 17
I still look over my shoulder waitin for the world to change

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
ღTakenxxxByღxxx Rose Hall

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´
Nell had been working at the pet store for a short while but she felt she had really made progress. She could successfully walk past a the puppies, kittens, and gerbils and only melt inwardly except her usual puddle formation. She was actually sweeping up by the goldfish (the only area she actually felt normal) when she noticed two young people come into the door. One she thought was slightly familiar (but she was sure he wasn't in her house) and one so young she was sure she had to be a first year. As she walked over she overheard the question of which pet and the soft answer and felt herself agreeing. Both were cute, portable, cuddly, adorable, loving, adorable, fluffy beings of love and attention! But, she had to be professional! "Hello, welcome to the Magical Menagerie, my name is Nell can I help you with anything?" Nell asked with a welcoming smile.
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Wearing: Work | Where: Magical Menagerie | With: Custom!ers | Thoughts: Bothbothboth! | OOC:

But these are the good old days
These are the good old days
And I wish that I could stay
I wish that I could stay
I wish I could stay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 pm
User Image

User Image

╬ Single ╬ Triplet ╬ Emotionally Damaged ╬

T h e p a s t c a n h u r t b u t y o u c a n e i t h e r r u n f r o m i t o r l e a r n f r o m i t

ΦΦΦΦΦ ι ρяøмιṡε τнε τяυτн...

Rei waited quietly for his sister to speak. He loved the child more than anything, and he knew her well. She didn't speak often and was quiet even when she did speak. She was scared, although he'd never let anyone know it. Not even Rui. He smiled at Autumn's response and nodded his head. "You're right! Both it is!" He patted her head with his free hand and then stood back to his full height, still holding her hand with his other hand. Always.

He glanced up as a shop keeper came up to them. He recognized her from school, but not really. She was a Hufflepuff if he remembered correctly, and a lot older than him. He offered her a simple smile and squeezed his sister's hand gently.
                                                  "I'm looking for a cat and a squirrel apparently." He chuckled, looking down at Autumn once again. "And this one's gonna help me name them right?"

...вυτ ρяøмιṡεṡ αяε ℓιεs ΦΦΦΦΦ

S c a r s h a v e t h e s t r a n g e p o w e r t o r e m i n d u s t h a t o u r p a s t i s v e r y r e a l

Yukina101
Rawwry

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 am
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years go by
7, 8, 9, 11 years go by
I still feel the same way I did when I was 17
I still look over my shoulder waitin for the world to change

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
ღTakenxxxByღxxx Rose Hall

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´
Nell did an impromptu victory dance, in her head, when the young teen agreed to get both animals but couldn't help that perhaps her smile widened. "Alright! Well, this is where we primarily keep our cats. As you can see one of the older females had a litter not too long ago so her babies are now old enough to take home. But if you don't feel up to a kitten we have other older cats you could choose from." she directed them over to another part of the store and gestured to a small pen where a mother cat and her kittens lazed about, kittens either sleeping, eating or play fighting one another. It made the Puff want to coo and steal them all. But she had to be professional! "See anything you like?" Nell directed the question both towards the teen but also towards the young shy girl holding his hand.
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

XxXDevil-Chan

Rawwry

Wearing: Work | Where: Magical Menagerie | With: Customers! | Thoughts: Yeeesssssssss! | OOC:

But these are the good old days
And I wish that I could stay
I wish that I could stay
I wish I could stay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:26 am
User ImageUser Image

Autumn offered a slight smile at her older brother before looking at the older girl in front of them. She asked if she could help the two of them with something, Rei replied and the woman named Nell lead them to a mother and her kittens. Autumn peered up at the shop keep from her safe position hidden behind Rei's shoulder. Though, when her eye caught sight of the kittens, she moved toward them, but not too far as to loosen her tight grip on her brother's hand.

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Ten Years Old Future Hogwarts Student Grecian Half-Blood

Kalin laughed at his brother's flabbergasted face at his explanation before he was surprised by a sudden screech and the now heavy weight on his shoulder and looked to see Martin looking at him with a rather demanding glint in his eyes. "Oh, umm, did you finish the food already? You really must've been hungry!" He would have reached up to scratch his feathers but he thought he might be bit if he did so instead he went on his way down Diagon Alley as if he didn't have a massive angry bird on his shoulder and finally found the animal emporium that he had been looking for. Looking around he finally found some owl food and treats he thought the owl might like including ice mice which he'd heard from various people that their pets really liked them. Of course he asked the advice of the actual animal on his person before placing them in a store basket. That only left looking for a perch for at home since they actually had ones at the store. Kalin saw one that made him laugh and pointed it out to Martin with a grin. "That one would work for you, think so?" The perch was gleaming Brazilian wood with the words "The Emperor" etched into the wooden plank hanging from it.

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:26 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY // Looking Regal at the Magical Menageriespace
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why is this so damned nerve-wracking?' spacespac

✦ ✦ ✦
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceWesley entered the shop and was greeted by the now-familiar sight of Siobhan seated on a stool behind her counter. He approached with a wave, smiling when she put down her magazine and hopped off the stool with a wide grin. "Ah, afternoon, Siobhan! How are you today?" He swallowed a bit, feeling like his words had been ever so slightly formal, at least compared to the level of conversation they'd had the last few times he'd been in. They'd developed a very nice friendship, he thought, although he'd never seen her outside of the shop before. He'd always felt too awkward to ask her out for coffee or anything before, thinking she'd be sure it was supposed to be a date and turn him down. Honestly, he'd been trying to figure out whether or not it would be one, and wondering if it would be appropriate. His wife'd death had been so recent, and in spite of knowing her husband had died long enough ago that the traditional period of mourning was over, he couldn't help but notice the sadness in her eyes when she said his name, the wistfulness in her gestures when she thought of him. He still wasn't entirely sure if she was ready to move on, or would even be interested in him if she were. But, the letter from his son had made him incredibly aware of the fact that soon, he would be alone in his home. Damien would be moving in with Marina as soon as the pair found a home, and his already almost silent halls would grow even quieter, because Wesley was intending to send Brownie to live with them. It seemed only right; the elf adored Marina, and they would almost certainly need help around the house. He would have the other three elves his family 'owned,' so he'd hardly be without his own help, but none of them were much more than a servant. They were all too quiet and too proper of House-Elves to provide any form of companionship. He needed company... and he did think that Siobhan was exceptionally lovely. If she'd be willing to go to dinner with him... he'd never romanced a woman before. But, he was more than willing to give it a try.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ✦ ✦ ✦

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:52 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // Wesley and Rhysspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Surprisedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Wasn't he just here a couple of weeks ago?' spacespac

◆ ◇ ◆
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceSiobhan was sitting behind the checkout counter, her nose in a magazine, when she heard the chiming at the door and the sudden rise in the volume of the animals that announced the arrival of a customer. She glanced up and was surprised to see Wesley Edgeworth approaching the counter. While the man had become a fairly regular sight, he had just been in less than two weeks ago to pick up dog food and a few (dozen) toys for the Husky he'd adopted over a year ago. Typically she saw him once a month, occasionally more often, but he never visited so frequently. "Afternoon, Wes," she said, hopping off of her stool with a smile. She leaned forward on the counter as he approached, eyeing him carefully. There was something... odd about him today. "I'm fine, how are you? And how's Gabrielle? She didn't already run through all those toys you bought last time you were here?" she asked, curious. Huskies were known for being exceptionally playful, of course, but still, she had a hard time believing that the dog had already torn all those up... they'd been enchanted to be incredibly sturdy for dogs just her size and strength. The Irishwoman tossed her hair over her shoulder and smiled, her eyes playful; she was teasing him a bit, after all, it was sort of adorable how much affection he had for the dog, if the amount of money he spent in her shop was any indication.

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ◆ ◇ ◆

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff