Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Settlers - Beginning tonight! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:36 pm
I'll put my hand up for a Food Storehouse, hunting might be fine for us out on the road, but not so much if an entire Settlement depends on it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:43 am
Gonna go for the Smith and Clothier.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:01 pm
Rain Yupa
Here is a list I came up with, of ten luxuries that the settlement might have.

There's 7 players. I want each of you to choose one of those luxuries. Whatever is left, you don't have.

• Outhouses - Everyone poops, even adventurers. Without any Outhouses, people will have to resort to using bedpans and (hopefully) leaving the settlement to dispose of their waste. All around hygiene goes down, and danger goes up with so many people leaving the boundaries for personal business.
  • Blacksmith's Stables & Clothier - Adventurer's gear can get messed up, and often needs to be tended to. Magic gear is more durable, but can still be damaged, especially by other magic. Without a Smith and Tailor, your stuff is going to get run down.
  • Food Storehouse - Extra noms for extra bellies. Without this, you will be completely dependent on what gets hunted, gathered, or fished. Crops are still a WIP yet and nothing is growing.
  • Well - Fresh water unless you can find some on the island. Sure, a decanter of endless water would solve this problem, but did anyone actually think to bring one? Yeah, that's what I thought.
  • Guard Towers - This island is uninhabited and safe, yeah? If you aren't confident on that, you might want some of these so people can keep a lookout for dangers.
  • Marketplace - Without a market, you'll need to wait for merchants to arrive on trade ships to cash in your ill-gotten gains. Also, to avoid waiting for said merchants to purchase things too.
  • Livestock - A source of food and dairy products beyond grains and fish and fruits. If you want delicious MEATS and aren't willing to bet on edible fauna, consider some livestock. It will improve the health of your town.
  • Church - Divine classes are an option and you may decide to play one. But a church is a good place for all your faith-related needs. Also it comes with a priest (passive cleric) for healing if you or any townsfolk ever needs it.
  • Bathhouse - How many of you are dwarves? Then you'd better consider investing in a bathhouse, for sanitary reasons. Until you get one of those, your personal hygiene and health will suffer for it. A bathhouse requires either a well or a storehouse to work.
  • Mason - Without a Mason, all your buildings will be simply sticks and straw. That makes them burnable and not very defensible, vs the weather and possible attacks. Just saying, is all.

Awaiting choices from Kowsauni and kualus457!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:42 am
If I pick the church do I get to pick which deity it worships?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 am
Kowsauni
If I pick the church do I get to pick which deity it worships?

As long as its LG, G, or UA, then sure why not. Erathis is the most obvious choice but if you say which deity and why THAT church has an interest and an influence in this settlement, then *thumbs up*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 am
Okay, going to do all my audits while laundry happens. Afterwards I'll be gone for a few hours for gaming stuff.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:42 am

You need to include your Fey Step racial power.

You need to include your surges per day (7).

You forgot your action point.

1 gp off for your clothing (counts as cloth armor).

It needs your background still, including a required section as detailed in my first post.

You need to update your XP.

DM Note to Self: Almost done!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:30 am
Paidi tou Selini

As if you weren't taking me out of my comfort zone already, you're using a character sheet format I'm completely unfamiliar with? For shame.

Are you going to fill in your Damage Workspace for Energizing Strike?

Sune isn't a D&D core deity (PHB).

You are WAY over for your starting 300 gp. Sovereign Glue (I don't know what you mean by "greater", which instincts tell me is the Paragon version, but even going by Heroic prices have you too much) is what's putting you so high.

One Sovereign Glue (heroic) would put you at 300 gp, but you'd have 0 left over, no cat & no mapcase.

It says Pixies age like Eladrin, and Eladrin children grow as much as human children do until they reach maturity. So "2" I think is a bit young for you ^-^' Unless I'm missing the part that covers age better? I don't see it.

You are still missing a background, including the mandatory background section I detailed in my first post.

DM Note to Self: Mostly done, save for equipment and small details.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:00 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Still gotta pick feats and gear, but I'm tired.

Vesima Garrek, Half-Elf Elemental Warlock

Thank you for listing book sources for feats/powers! heart

As a note about myself, any erratas that fix broken or poorly worded powers I enforce. Erratas that fix any unfounded player complaints I leave optional (for example, "Magic Missile"). Half-elves have an optional race power instead of Dilettante. If you want to swap out, let me know. (Personally I'd prefer Dilettante 10 times out of 9).

You forgot your Warlock +1 Ref/Will defense bonuses.

I'm curious why you have your quick look up for Con damage as "2d8+"...

Personally, very pleased with your second chosen feat, because not enough people take feats like that!

Yeah, the class defense bonuses is pretty much the only nagging thing!

DM Note to Self: Practically pristine!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Dwarves have Encumbered Speed and don't suffer speed penalties from armor ^-^

Your Magic Item is a level 2 item. You only start with a level 1 item. Also, rangers are not proficient with anything beyond Hide; you will suffer a -2 to attack rolls and Reflex if you insist on Chain Armor.

You forgot your bonus feat for choosing Two-Blade Fighting Style. It looks like you added it in but never listed it.

You forgot your surges per day (9).

You forgot your action point.

It looks like your attack bonus listed is too high. Your primary hand by my count should be 1(level) + 4(strength)+2(prof) = 7.

It looks like your damage bonus listed is too low. Your feats give you a net +3 damage. I recommend utilizing your workspaces to help with these two things ^-^

You need to list your remaining gold (looks like 245 gp).

Your dwarf lacks a beard mad

Fill in the rest and fix the armor, and that looks like most issues right there resolved.

DM Note to Self: Mostly done.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:53 pm
The Number Three
Ha, completed Character Sheet. Enjoy. Thanks to KytanaTheThief for all your help.

Val the Barbarian

You... you have "Agility" as a miscellaneous bonus to Arcana? eek

Speaking of which, you never gained your AC/Reflex bonus from Barbarian Agility. There's two ways to do this: Class bonus to AC and Ref of 1, or simply list it as a Shield Bonus (next to your Armor bonus, above your speed). Both will accomplish the same thing. It's technically NOT a shield bonus, but since you're using a two-handed weapon and are a barbarian, I don't see many shields in your future.

This next one isn't wrong but a matter of preference: I wouldn't list your encounter powers as Quick Look-Up. They won't be hard to figure out later, but there's several reasons: One, you'll get more and there's not enough room for them, and two, I would list a "Melee Basic Attack". You have a leader (the pixie) who can grant you free melee basic attacks, and it'll be handy to look up too whenever you make an opportunity attack. YOU DO NOT NEED TO LIST IT. But I think it would be more useful than listing your encounter powers.

Another suggestion, WHICH IS NOT MANDATORY: You have the Powerful Charge feat that makes your charges better. A Barbarian At-Will you did not take is Howling Strike, which make your charges better too. Just saying.

A +1 Maul does not cost 30 gp, but 360 gp. But it is "free" for character creation. I have you spending 97 gp otherwise, giving you 203 gp left over.

I've said it before, and I'll say it more in the future: You are a monster neutral

"Friendly grin"? *looks at your included picture*

Besides that, everything is dandy! Excellent work!

DM Note to Self: Very few changes needed!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:20 pm
Kowsauni
Damn, well this is my sheet in case anybody drops.

Miya, Changeling Sorc/Paladin

I'm shocked you didn't keep your dice rolls...

If you want to benefit from the +2 Athletics for your background, you kind of need to give me a background sweatdrop

I... don't know if I should ask you to fill in the stats at the top of the sheet. confused

Alignment and XP should be fixed though. Oh, and deity too. Kind of important.

You need to update your language.

I don't see "Rock Armor" as a utility power in any of the books (aside: TOO MANY BOOKS DUDE)

Checking your currency, I think we solved your deity problem sweatdrop

You still need to give me a character background as per my first post.

Fix 'er up and let me see when you're done smile

DM Note to Self: Mostly just fleshing out left.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:22 pm
Dion Necurat
Set 1.

2, 6, 5, 6, = 17
4, 3, 4, 4, = 12
2, 1, 6, 3, = 11
2, 4, 6, 5, = 15
5, 1, 3, 1 = 9
3, 6, 4, 2, = 13
5, 2, 2, 5 = 12

kualus457
I guess i'm not going to join this one then

Whichever one of you gets me a character sheet that's at least mostly done gets the last spot!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:58 pm
Second pass done. I don't have access to the source that gives background benefits.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:12 pm
...You don't have PBH 2?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]