Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Prince Charles Cinema ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:35 pm
User Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nathan Smith

Nathan was happy he managed to snag an internship at one of the theaters in London for the weekends. It was more of him doing performance and it was a small part but it was at a medium theater and it was Shakespeare. Also it looked good on university applications in the future, which is why his parents were enthusiastic about it. It also helped that he wasn't the brother who decided to be a moron and runaway for the summer to spend it with their half-sister who from what Nathan could tell his mother was still furious at for whatever reason. Well to be fair Ronna didn't go to university and their mother didn't know that Ronna was a witch which Andrew found out and of course told the story to Nathan who had to have it proved to him. It was weird. He shook his head lost in thought as he waited to see the film that was playing. He loved French film, it was so classic, and his French was great, unfortunately his friends weren't in the same boat, so he was stuck after a rehearsal going to the movie solo. He was looking at his phone when some loud girls behind him bumped into him and pushed him into the person ahead of them. Nathan waved off their quick giggles and asking if he was waiting for his girlfriend as he turned to the brunette ahead of him, "Um, sorry, I ran into you right? I... I was bumped into. Not that that is a proper excuse. I feel bad. You aren't hurt right?" Meanwhile the girls behind him were giggling and one girl went called out "you could run into me any day, handsome" making Nathan turn bright red as he apologized to Elizabeth Pierce.

Time: 2030-2031
Dressed: Clothes

{OoC: }
Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:09 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          мe, мчšełf, αиđ I
                                                          Looking Chill at the Cinema with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This is going to be great. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Sħe'š α я e в e ł ; šħe'š α š α ı и т ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Sħe'š тħe š α ł т øf тħe e α я т ħ αиđ šħe'š đ α и g e я ø υ š ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Sħe'š α я e в e ł ; ν ı g α ł α и т e ஒ ஒ ஒxxxxxx
                                                          Mıššıиg ł ı и κ øи тħe в я ı и κ øf đ e š т я υ ¢ т ı ø и ஒ ஒ ஒxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElizabeth could hear the girls twittering a few feet behind her, and was very actively ignoring them and their idiotic nonsense. Whoever this guy they were flirting with was, she'd be willing to bet he wasn't actually all that. Normally she'd have entertained the idea of finding some way to screw with them for getting on her nerves, but she was still trying to avoid any sort of altercation that might get her in trouble with the cinema. Unfortunately, the universe didn't seem inclined to allow her this bit of peace, because someone very suddenly just fell on her. The brunette literally growled as she turned to face whoever'd done it, eyes narrowing on the young man. Of course, he had to apologize, which removed her ability to actually take out any aggression on him without being at fault, which she hated. "No, I'm not hurt, but somebody is going to be if they don't stop their moronic attempt at a pick-up," she bit out, eyes looking past him and glaring daggers at the girl in question. She didn't care if some ditzy redhead and her band of cronies wanted to flirt with some guy, but she'd be damned if they were going to ruin her ******** night in the process. The redhead in question rolled her eyes at Beth, who responded by flipping the bird. Before she could see if the girl wanted to respond, she turned on her heel, crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently. Well, at least they probably weren't going to see the same film, she reasoned; there was no way that group of idiots was interested in anything that required the use of subtitles. Hopefully she could get away from them soon enough. The guy, too, since they'd no doubt follow him around all night trying to get his attention. Pathetic. She didn't get the draw; granted, she hadn't really looked at the guy, but he looked like every other tall blonde teenage boy. Odds of him being anything special were slim to none.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxஒ ஒ ஒ Sħe š ı и g š тħe я e ν ø ł υ т ı ø и
                                                          xxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ Tħe đ α ω и ı и g øf øυя ł ı ν e š
                                                          xxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ Sħe в я ı и g š тħıš ł ı в e я α т ı ø и
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxஒ ஒ ஒ Tħαт I נυšт ¢ α и ' т đ e f ı иe

(( OOC: ))

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:56 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan turned even redder when Elizabeth said she wasn't hurt but threatened the girl who had just catcalled him. When it ended with Elizabeth flipping the bird to the bold redhead, Nathan just buried his head in his hands for a moment before turned and decided to lie, "Sorry... um.. you aren't exactly my type. Besides I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate someone catcalling me... he's a bit possessive," He ended, his lie growing more convincing as he went on. The girls who had been boldly hitting on him went on to coo about how "cool" it was he was gay and Nathan wondered how a sexuality could be cool or not. Like if he was gay didn't it mean they had no chance? It wasn't true, but he was trying to escape the situation. Unfortunatly he only got the chance when the next two tellers called him and the girls up. He heard the gaggle of girls pick some cheap looking horror movie and he meanwhile picked the movie he had intended to enjoy the whole time: the feature French film that was only there for the week. Thanking the teller he moved from the movie to see the brunette ahead of him with a ticket to the same movie as him. He raised a brow and said, "Hey, you like French film too or is this for some class? I'm Nathan and sorry about the girls... I tried to well... do something... didn't work well. I guess the "i'm gay line" doesn't really work too well to get out of those situations. Seriously, I'm sorry about running into you, do you want me to buy you a soda or something to say sorry?"

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:12 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          мe, мчšełf, αиđ I
                                                          Looking Chill at the Cinema with Nathan
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ God ******** dammit ❞

spaceElizabeth frowned when she heard the blonde guy speaking to her again, her eye twitching. Did she look like she wanted to talk to him? Ugh. Stuff like this really made her resent her mother for not letting her get away with a full on goth look. She'd be willing to bet that a twerp like him wouldn't have ever spoken to her if she were decked out like something out of a bad vampire novel. Instead, she had to settle for a very bland and, sadly, approachable bohemian hipster thing, which didn't really go all that well with her trademarked Resting b***h Face and bad attitude. If only her style could match her soul, she thought dramatically. "Why are you apologizing for them? They're morons. They acted like morons," she told him, deadpan expression and tone attempting to convey how very little she cared. "And you can't expect morons not to be morons. It's whatever." She shrugged, realizing he'd asked about the film... Hell. Was he going to be watching the same film? She was never going to get rid of him. She debated for all of a second faking that she wasn't into it and trying to act like an idiot to get him to go away, but figured her attitude thus far would make the sudden change seem unrealistic. Well... at least he'd offered to buy her a drink. "It's not for a class, anyway. And it's whatever, about the drink. Classic cola, if you insist. If you were really sorry, you'd get me a popcorn, too," she said finally, investigating her nails as she spoke. Well, if she was stuck with tall, blonde, and gay, at least she should get something out of it. And he wouldn't hit on her, so that was a plus. She really hated getting hit on. Not that it happened that often, she wasn't that hot, but guys always wanted what they couldn't have, and they definitely couldn't have her, so obviously that upped her hotness factor. It was utterly moronic, and she'd never understand it. She just wanted them to bugger off.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:06 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan frowned when Elizabeth asked him why he was apologizing for them in the voice that sounded like she was putting on a front to act as if she was above the world and too cool or busy for the conversation (when she wasn't with anyone it seemed and the movie didn't even start for another half hour or so). "Someone should apologize for their behavior," Nathan sighed and added with a shrug, "And I doubt they are going to." He didn't bother to comment on whether the girls were morons or not and then smiled with a nod when she said it wasn't for a class, "That's cool. It's hard to find people that appreciates good French film on their own. Even I have trouble with it and I do acting and writing, so most of my friends are in acting and stuff..." He shrugged and then realized how much he said and added, "Sorry, right classic cola... and popcorn?" He frowned suspecting that Elizabeth was milking the situation but was too polite to call her on it and instead held out a hand and said, "I'm Nathan, by the way. Um... Smith, Nathan Smith, I mean."

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:45 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          мe, мчšełf, αиđ I
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ God ******** dammit ❞

spaceElizabeth rolled her eyes again at the guy. Even if she cared enough to want an apology from the bitches, it didn't fall on his shoulders, especially since they'd been pestering him in the first place. Sure, it'd spilled over to her, but he'd been the one they were going on about. She'd assume that he'd actually enjoyed the attention, most guys would've, but he was apparently an exception. She chalked it up to his being gay; if it'd been a bunch of cute guys, he'd probably have been flattered. Typical. "You make a habit of apologizing for people when they don't have the decency to do it for themselves? Keep it up and you'll be going door to door telling people you're sorry you caused global warming," she retorted, voice dry. The brunette didn't look directly at him, glancing up at him for all of a second before going back to her nails, shrugging at his comment on film. She did notice that he threw in what she could only assume was a subtle brag about his acting and writing. Typical guy, just had to find a way to throw that in there, even if he wasn't into her. Unless he was, and the gay thing was a line to get those other girls off of him, but she didn't get why he'd do that. Unless he was one of those guys that liked her for her apparent unacheivability, in which case, wow, she was going to murder him in the alley. At least she was getting popcorn out of it now, but that wasn't going to stop her from totally killing him. "Yeah, you already said that. It's Nathan, right? Dunno how I'll remember," she said sarcastically, frowning at him. She supposed it'd be rude not to give her own name, and considered offering a fake one, but it was too much trouble to try and remember what fake name she'd given him. One of these days she was going to have to pick one and plan on sticking with it so she could do that in this situation without that worry. "Beth," she said simply, not offering her last name or even her full first name. It wasn't like they were going to be friends. She was just stuck with him for the next couple of hours. He'd better not flirt with her. If she sensed flirting, she was going to prison. For murder.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:14 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan laughed at Elizabeth's roll of eyes and question about him making a habit apologizing for others and then warned him soon enough he'd be going door to door to apologize for global warming. "To be technical we all contribute some to global warming merely by breathing alone: do you think if I went door to door it would help?" He asked, ignoring that the statement was sarcastic, as they came to the concession stand and Nathan ordered a soda and popcorn for Elizabeth and another soda for himself and a package of cookies. He smiled innocently when she told him that he had already said his name and asked how she could remember, and he said in good nature, "I can always remind you. Feel free to ask if you forget, some people aren't good with names after all." Handing her, her soda and popcorn after she gave her name Nathan said, teasing her in the end in French, "Ah, Beth then, était-ce si difficile?"

Translation: Was that so hard?

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:02 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          мe, мчšełf, αиđ I
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ God ******** dammit ❞

spaceElizabeth's eyes narrowed at the blonde, her left one twitching at him. Did he think he was funny? Because he wasn't. "I think that if I ever hear a knock on my door and see your face through the peephole, they'll never find the body," she told him, voice sounding almost chipper at the thought. It was only a bit of a lie, actually; she was pretty sure her parents would freak the hell out and do whatever they could to cover it up if she murdered someone, at least for the next couple of years. She was only a teenager, after all, not entirely responsible for her own actions, and they wouldn't want her to go to jail. And considering her dad was a wizard, there was every chance that the authorities really would never find the body. After all, he could just apparate it to some random mountain if he really wanted to ensure she didn't get caught. The thought was actually sort of comforting and made her marginally less annoyed. Only marginally, though.

spaceOf course, it didn't take him long to get right back to square one, she thought, wondering how the hell she was going to survive the next few hours if he really wasn't going to leave her alone. His attitude was not appreciated. She was edging more and more towards the gay thing being a line to get the girls to back off, and was pretty sure he was flirting with her. Which she hated. "Extremely," she told him dryly. "I had to remember which fake name goes with the fake number I was going to give you if you were idiotic enough to ask for it." Her expression grew accusing at this, plainly spelling out that he would have to be an absolute moron to continue flirting with her. "I'm here to see a movie, not get harassed and driven insane by Mister 'Girls Hit On Me All The Time Because I'm Just That Irresistible.' If you ruin my night, I will ruin your life." This was said through clenched teeth. Of course, by 'ruin your life,' she meant 'end it.' But she figured she could save the outright death threats for if he continued to make a nuisance of himself, save the one she'd already made. And if he continued past that, she'd get creative with the threats, until she eventually snapped and actually did kill him. It was bound to've happened eventually, and he did seem like exactly the sort of person she'd always envisioned pushing her over the deep end. Perky and friendly and full of himself. Yeah, he was definitely exactly the kind of guy who'd drive her nuts enough to actually commit a murder.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:41 am
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan smiled half appologetic when she retorted about him going door to door, and shrugged deciding not to get particularly ruffled for now at what she said. "You sort of remind me of my sister. Vaguely at least," He said, tilting his head. And in a weird way Beth did remind him vaguely of Ronna. The whole 'I'm tougher than everyone else' thing they seemed so hard to prove. Also, Nathan was pretty sure that Ronna made a habit of giving death threats regularly, though he sort of felt Beth more likely to commit murder than his sister. And Ronna dressed a bit more... well she showed a lot of leg. He didn't know anything about Elizabeth, but she did seem the sort to piss someone like his mother off as badly as Ronna had managed.

He shrugged in addition to the statement and smirked when she answered his question he posed in French about giving her name, then his smile faltered as she claimed he was harassing her, "The movie isn't going to start for another thirty minutes at least," He said checking his phone's time before pocketing the phone and adding quickly, "And, just so you know I'm not the type to ask people's-or girl's-numbers that I just met"

He looked at Beth and crossed his arms and raised a brow and added, "If someone is stupid enough to hit on someone they don't even know it says a lot about them, don't you think? I mean those girls... who's to say I'm not a right wanker? You can't judge that by someone you've never even spoke to..." He quickly added, "Not that I am some wanker... I mean I don't think I am... but..." He sighed and shrugged, "I figured small talk with someone who at least has good movie taste was better than sitting in some theater bored. So... do you always try this hard to be difficult with people or am I some exception?"

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:47 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          мe, мчšełf, αиđ I
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ God ******** dammit ❞

spaceElizabeth frowned when he said she reminded him of his sister, thinking that whoever his sister was, she'd better be a total b***h. Beth didn't want to remind anyone of anyone else that they might actually like. Next thing you knew he'd be writing off her horrible attitude as an endearing quirk. There was nothing Beth hated more than people thinking her horrible attitude was an endearing quirk. She wasn't some sarcastic, prickly version of a manic pixie dream girl, she was a b***h. There was no inner softness once you got past her crusty outer shell. Just more b***h. Or, that's what she told herself, anyway. And what she tried to make sure everyone believed. "She sounds great," the brunette said finally, voice devoid of all emotion. "You should introduce us, we can spend all evening trying to set each other on fire with our minds." Hmph, maybe it was a good thing she wasn't a witch, after all. Not that she wanted to be one. Not at all.

spaceThe squib grit her teeth; she knew damn well the movie wasn't starting for another thirty minutes. It wasn't like she hadn't known what time it started, she wasn't a moron, and she'd obviously planned on being here alone, now, hadn't she? Unless he thought she'd been stood up, which, please. That would require her saying yes to a date in the first place. "There are plenty of ways to kill thirty minutes," she told him, pulling out her phone and fiddling with it for a long moment to prove a point. After a pause, she turned it around so he could see the screen. "Look, see? I'm about to beat my high score." The game she'd pulled up was her favorite time killer; a little pixel art game you won by infecting the whole world with a zombie virus. She'd almost annihilated all of Western Europe.

spaceShe would give the guy credit, if he'd been hitting on her before, he was quick to cover his tracks and explain away why he'd have been stupid to be doing so. And she did agree with him; it was moronic to hit on anyone you didn't know. They might be a serial killer, or worse, a d**k. Or, yeah, a wanker. For some reason, the word sounded odd coming out of his mouth. She had a feeling he didn't use that sort of language all that often, he seemed a bit friendly for that. Lowering himself to her level, maybe? She was about to sigh and resign herself to the annoying possibility of actually having to hang out with the guy, but then he asked if he were an exception, and her eyes flashed. Oh, ******** no. Of course. Of ******** course. Because he had to be special, right? Why did every ******** guy think they were so ******** special? She twitched. "I don't have to try to be difficult, it's a natural gift," she told him coolly, the tone at odds with the fire in her eyes. "Trust me, you're not special." The last word was said with no small amount of venom. She could deal with annoying. She could deal with obnoxiously chipper. She could even deal with nosy. But she was not about to deal with some arrogant arsehat who thought she was being catty to, what, get his attention. Hell, no. First off, she wasn't catty, catty was for playing games and she was not ******** playing games. Second off, she had better things to do with her time. If there was one thing she couldn't stand, it was arrogant guys who thought the world revolved around them. Especially when they faked modesty.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 am
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan gave a half shrug as Elizabeth said that his sister sounded great and they should meet to try to spend all evening to set fire to each other with their minds. The idea was a little terrifying to Nathan, partially because he didn't put it past his sister if she got into her mind to set someone on fire that she could easily enough. Or at least with her wand or whatever. Nathan was still trying to accept the whole 'yeah my half-sister is a witch' that his brother Andrew thought was so awesome. Honestly, Nathan didn't believe Andrew who after about a week staying with Ronna and her boyfriend went and said, "Nate you totally won't believe this but Ronna can do magic. Like real stuff. Her boyfriend too. It's wicked!" After a long chat and eventually a reluctant demonstration by Ronna, Nathan had to be inclined to believe Andy wasn't just full of it. Didn't mean that the idea made Nathan comfortable, besides not like they could brag about it to anyone, even their own mother. The whole thing was supposed to be hush-hush. Besides, Nathan wasn't the type to really be into bragging too much anyways. Or bringing additional attention to himself. And the idea of magic just disturbed him, not that Elizabeth would know any of that. Or that she would know how dangerous some people's minds or whatever did magic could be. Nathan settled on saying, "I think my sister is a bit against arson, it's sort of against the law and her Dad is-was- a cop among other reasons she has, but sure I guess on that idea."

He nodded politely when Beth said that there was plenty of ways to kill thirty minutes and suppressed a sigh as she pulled out her phone and began to play what appeared to be a game. He took advantage of his height to look a bit over her shoulder and get half an idea of the game being something related to zombies in Europe. It really wasn't his taste, but she proved her point and Nathan smiled and said, "Congrats on the high score?"

When the conversation turned to her personality, Nathan made a sigh of relief after her statement about not trying to be difficult and that he wasn't special, "Well that's good. Not that you try to be difficult or think you are all the time-I mean kind of hard to make friends that way-but that I'm not special in that case. I was getting worried for a minute you particularly hated me or something." He smiled largely, the whole point that she thought he meant special as a good thing seeming to go over his head. It wasn't that Nathan was particularly dumb, but he liked to see things in the best light, though he could never entirely shake his nagging insecurities on what if someone didn't like him. He'd rather be ignored than hated, not that he liked to be ignored either, but still. No matter what Beth said though about her being difficult, Nathan was convinced it was still a fairly convincing role she put on and decided to live her life out as. Maybe she liked to come off difficult, play the tough girl or what not, keep her guard up. It was like some guys who played the 'bad guy' to get girls or what not. It seemed stupid to Nathan to have people want to think you were a jerk but a lot of people put a lot of effort in doing that. Maybe they thought you couldn't get hurt as much that way. Not that he was judging, he went out of his way to try to get everyone to like him for him (meaning his personality). He liked being liked for being the nice guy, was that so bad? It seemed a lot more normal than trying to be hated, maybe if they kept chatting, Nathan would get around to figuring out Beth's story on that. She seemed interesting enough from what he had seen and heard. At least she had good taste in movies, proven by the ticket she had bought for the movie they were waiting for.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:05 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          мe, мчšełf, αиđ I
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ God ******** dammit ❞

spaceElizabeth curled her lip at Nathan, rolling her eyes. She didn't actually want to meet his stupid narc sister. She didn't even want to ever see him again, to be perfectly honest. But apparently he was being belligerently oblivious to that obvious fact, which irked her even more. "S'too bad," she said sarcastically. "You never really know joy until you hear someone screaming in agony as they burn to death in a fire you set." The brunette tossed her hair over her shoulder, arching a brow at him as daring him to challenge her statement. Best case scenario was that he could assume she was actually homicidal and finally leave her alone. Worst case, she creeped him out and made him uncomfortable, which was still not a bad end result. Unless the worst case was actually that he just brushed it off as a joke. Which, he probably would, she thought, with no small amount of irritation.

spaceShe was a little thrown off by his hovering over her and watching her play; did the guy not know what personal space was? Sheesh. "Stop breathing on my neck," she said, eye twitching at the slight whine in her voice. "Didn't anyone tell you it's rude to hover like that? God." Her nose wrinkled in distaste, and she took a couple of steps to put some space between them. She fiddled with the game a bit more, purchasing a couple of power upgrades and some items with the gold she'd earned destroying Paris, and then sighed, putting it away. She wasn't going to be able to focus with him pestering her, anyway. Ugh.

spaceHis response to her saying he wasn't special made her want to literally growl in anger. Her fists clenched, shoulders tensing, and she glared at him. "Why would I hate you more than I hate anybody else? You're. Not. Special," she repeated, emphasizing the last word. "I hate everyone, actually. If you were special I would loathe you. But, you're not. You're just another annoyance that I will be free of in a couple of hours. Not worth the extra energy to bother with any real malice." Her tone grew breezy and cold towards the end, matching the cold look in her eyes and the aloofness of her stance. Hard to make friends? Who the hell had said she wanted to make friends, anyway? She didn't need friends. Friends were a complication. Her family was a family of freaks, after all, her dad and her little sister both had magic. She hated people because she hated how exhausting it was to have to watch her mouth. She couldn't explain to anyone how she'd wake up in Tokyo and go have breakfast in Melbourne an hour later, so she had to just not talk about it at all. Cutting magical intervention out of her life, she had almost nothing she could share with anyone. So why bother? It was part of why she resented magic so much; she didn't even ******** have any, and it still managed to rule everything about her ******** life.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:18 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan raised a brow at Beth's comment about watching someone scream in agony as you set them of fire and then said an amused smile as he matched her sarcasm, "I'm sure it's like Christmas. You'll have to let me know though, never had the experience personally." He shrugged and added, "I'm sure to the right person it is like Christmas though."

As he hovered over her and was snapped at, Nathan stepped back just as Beth stepped away, "Sorry, I was just looking... besides if anything the phrase should be 'down my neck' not 'on my neck'... I'm a bit taller. Not that I was breathing anywhere near your neck... down or on it," He added with a sigh. "Besides didn't anyone ever tell you it is rude to play with your phone when someone is talking to you?"

He bit her lip as she growled at his comment about him not being special, and bit his lip as she glared at him and snapped that he wasn't special and that if he was she'd loathe him. Frowning he glanced away before looking back at her and saying levelly, his cheerful voice matching Beth's tone more so than its cheeriness of before, "I'm well aware I'm not special at all, Miss Beth. I never said I was, you just assumed I meant that by what I said. Sorry you misunderstood me. And, I doubt me watching a movie in the same theater as you would cause you any annoyance at all. People who talk in movies are obnoxious and I don't plan on picking up the habit."

He sighed, "Look, maybe we should start over again with a whole..." He held out a hand and continued with a smile though it was a bit more forced and strained than initially, "Hey I'm Nathan Smith, I noticed you were solo too and going to the same movie as me. I figure since we both have some time to kill till the movie started to swing by and say hi. Obviously you have good taste in movies. Do you watch French cinema often?"

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:35 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          мe, мчšełf, αиđ I
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ God ******** dammit ❞

spaceElizabeth had spent a fair portion of the film wishing that she were actually as homicidal as she tried to make herself look. It would've made her life so much easier if she could've just stabbed the guy in the lobby and gone about her business. As it was, she'd somehow managed to end up stuck with Mister Sunshine for the entire duration of the film. At least he'd not spoken, that was nice. But his mere presence had managed to be a thorn in her side. He practically radiated cheer, how disgusting was that? Honestly, she'd spent more of her attention thinking of a myriad of ways to kill him than she had watching the film, which annoyed her to no end, because she'd really been looking forward to it. Lip curled, she exited the theater, fists clenched in her jacket pockets. "So, you can leave me alone forever now," she said, certain that he was probably right behind her. If not, and she was talking to the air, whatever, she didn't mind looking like a crazy person. People tended to leave crazy people alone, and that's exactly what she wanted. To be left alone. The brunette stopped at the sidewalk, glancing left and right before checking the time on her phone. Her mother had said she'd be down the road at some library, and to just walk down when she got out. Beth was hoping that Nate had remained inside the theater for some reason, and wouldn't notice her walking alone. She had him pegged as the type who'd insist on accompanying her so nothing bad happened. Never mind that she could probably take care of herself a lot better than he could.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:13 pm
User Image
Nathan Smith

Nathan was half surprised that he did end up sitting next to Elizabeth in the movie, granted they both worked to get the best seats so it sort of was only natural. He was too engrossed in the movie to pay much attention to who was or wasn't sitting next to him. As he and the rest of the movie goers filed out of the movie theater he found himself behind Beth when she said that he could leave her alone forever. "Being alone forever sounds a bit depressing," joked Nate with a smile as he filed out of the theater behind her, humming slightly, either oblivious or not bothered by Beth's apparent murderous thoughts towards him. Checking his phone he took note of the time he had to catch the bus or tube to get to the main train station to head back to school, calculating the times in his head, and going with the flow of foot traffic that included Beth. He looked up to notice the brunette right in front of him and half groaned. He was going to look like some stalker now. Great. Deciding it was best to announce his presence by talking he said closing his phone, "So... good movie, right? It really was stellar directing and acting even if the writing was a bit stiff in parts. Like the scene between Julia and Jean in the restaurant... I'm sure it could have been ten times better with dialogue that was written better. But all in all it was pretty good. What's your thoughts on the matter? Maybe I'm being too harsh of a critic to the writers, after all they did well with the plot and capturing the characters despite a few stiff dialogues which the actors and director made work anyways." He let out a sigh and said, "I swear I just happen to be going the same way but it is weird to not talk to someone you know and aren't you worried being out and about alone when it is getting dark like this? Are you meeting someone to pick you up or taking the bus, too?"

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items