Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Gladiator games 4e/pathfinder accepting characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:26 pm
If I play a tiefling can I choose my abilities with the fiendish heritage feat?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:45 pm
It sounds good to me. I agree to all that.

Question that is relevant to me being a barbarian: how are matches set up? Are there multiple matches in a day, or are the matches spread out to give the gladiators recovery time in between?  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm
WhimsicalXellos
It sounds good to me. I agree to all that.

Question that is relevant to me being a barbarian: how are matches set up? Are there multiple matches in a day, or are the matches spread out to give the gladiators recovery time in between?

Suggest reading homebrew rule number 1 and 2 on first page.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:09 pm
Roilvn Whiro

Meaning, the owner is the one that buys the magical equipment for their fighter, where the free fighters are granted it by a spectator, maybe hoping to gain their favor or just to see their favorite with something they gave them.

Betting will be allowed, not really sure how to set it up odds yet. So, until I can it will be how much you place you may win double back if wins.

As for the feat, fire away.  

Alzzak

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:16 pm
Alzzak
Roilvn Whiro

Meaning, the owner is the one that buys the magical equipment for their fighter, where the free fighters are granted it by a spectator, maybe hoping to gain their favor or just to see their favorite with something they gave them.

Betting will be allowed, not really sure how to set it up odds yet. So, until I can it will be how much you place you may win double back if wins.

As for the feat, fire away.
i was thinking the bets should be inter noble. But just me. Double sounds well. What level should nobles start as?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 pm
Alzzak
1] the battles will be completely random, more on how later...
2] Win/lose your match hp returned to total, events that require short rest are restored and conditions(posioned, fatigued, blinded etc) are removed, but not the damage done by them. Win 2 matches in a row an ability score of your choose is restored to normal. Win 3 times in a row the events that happen after a 8 hour rest/extended rest are restored and you level up. After leveling up restart the win score Should you be in a group battle and you fall, but the team wins(at least one member of your team is alive at the end of the match), it is counted as a victory for you but you are dropped one win score(lowest 1 win). If you suffer a defeat, you will drop one win score; should you drop below negative one win, your character will die.

Okay, so basically I read this as there is no match limit in a day. The only way to advance to the next "day" is by building up 3 win points? Which means I need to use my rage sparingly...  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Alzzak
1] the battles will be completely random, more on how later...
2] Win/lose your match hp returned to total, events that require short rest are restored and conditions(posioned, fatigued, blinded etc) are removed, but not the damage done by them. Win 2 matches in a row an ability score of your choose is restored to normal. Win 3 times in a row the events that happen after a 8 hour rest/extended rest are restored and you level up. After leveling up restart the win score Should you be in a group battle and you fall, but the team wins(at least one member of your team is alive at the end of the match), it is counted as a victory for you but you are dropped one win score(lowest 1 win). If you suffer a defeat, you will drop one win score; should you drop below negative one win, your character will die.

Okay, so basically I read this as there is no match limit in a day. The only way to advance to the next "day" is by building up 3 win points? Which means I need to use my rage sparingly...

Same here, pretty much my only damage output is via sneak attack, which i need to use points from my ki pool to achieve. i'll need to tweak my build a bit with this in mind...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 pm
iLL iNTENT

WhimsicalXellos

I built it as such, to level up quickly. Thous the character continues to increase in power, but I ask why is this rule hard on you two's characters?  

Alzzak

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 pm
A barbarian's key class feature is essentially their ability to rage, but you only get a certain number of rounds per day that you can rage. I have 13 rounds of rage at the moment. After I use them all, I can't rage anymore until I rest for 8 hours.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 pm
Alzzak
iLL iNTENT

WhimsicalXellos

I built it as such, to level up quickly. Thous the character continues to increase in power, but I ask why is this rule hard on you two's characters?

Being a ninja, I deal my damage through sneak attacks. The main way to get sneak attacks are by flanking. In 1 on 1 battles though, I'll have no one to flank with.

I can still score sneak attacks by winning initiative and by spending ki points to use Vanishing Trick, which grants me invisibility. However, I have only 4 ki points per day, which I only get back after an 8 hour rest. I can win one match no sweat. Two matches? Probably. Three matches might be a bit difficult. I've pretty much ignored Str so without sneak attack, my regular attacks will do very little damage. Like I said though, I'll tweak it around with this rule in mind. I'm sure I can make something work.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:05 pm
hmmm...

Two options; For pathfinder only... Currently, I am not seeing an issue with 4E
A. Increase the level up by one win point, meaning four points are needed instead, but grant half total points(rage rounds, Ki-pool, Spells per day[half each spell level], and anything else that regenerates after a day)

B. Grant a way to get free points, like scoring a critical, taking a round to "involve" the crowd... more later

@Roilvn: I didn't forget about you, Owners are the same starting level as everyone else, they will just level up differently.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 pm
I found something that might fix my problem. There's a feat called Dervish Dance that lets you use your Dex mod for your damage rolls, instead of your strength. However, it only applies to the scimitar. Would you allow me to use it for a wakizashi?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 pm
Can do. Also check out extra ki/rage feats team  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 pm
iLL iNTENT
I found something that might fix my problem. There's a feat called Dervish Dance that lets you use your Dex mod for your damage rolls, instead of your strength. However, it only applies to the scimitar. Would you allow me to use it for a wakizashi?

will allow, but must apply the other parts of the feat.  

Alzzak

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:20 pm
Alzzak
iLL iNTENT

will allow, but must apply the other parts of the feat.

But of course. And with that, I no longer have concerns about my longevity.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff