Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Rejected Olympics - PAINTBALLZ!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

We should have a guild fishing trip. Or a guild Game day. Play blackjack or something. Dunno. Games are always boring alone.

I agree! That would be totally awesome...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Looks like they finally got the fix right this time on the Bacon Bowl!

Now you need 5 pins instead of 10. No more getting 20 on 1 person, so you do actually need to use the same strategy as before and put some effort into teamwork and cooperation... but, it's much easier now to get that team together, plus you no longer have to work with a huge team of unorganized people because you can now work in a smaller group. This is exactly what they should have done from the start.

And it no longer takes forever for a team to go through every member to get them 20s.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:37 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Looks like they finally got the fix right this time on the Bacon Bowl!

Now you need 5 pins instead of 10. No more getting 20 on 1 person, so you do actually need to use the same strategy as before and put some effort into teamwork and cooperation... but, it's much easier now to get that team together, plus you no longer have to work with a huge team of unorganized people because you can now work in a smaller group. This is exactly what they should have done from the start.

Nice! Are you still bowling? :O  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:39 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Nice! Are you still bowling? :O

Yeah... *ahem* I felt guilty about only having one player on my main team with 2 on Barton, so I created another account to play for Durem. sweatdrop lol. This one I'm going to make an orc, but I can't do anything with him for a few days until he gets his trading pass. He's already got his jacket though!

I was tossing between an Orc and a Devil Imp. I kinda wanted an alien, but then he'd have to play for Aekea...I can't let anybody see my new account until I have him dressed up half decent, lol. xD

The funny part of that story though, is that I thought I could get away with just creating a new account and going through the motions to ace all the events with little to no effort, because of the initial change they had made to Bacon Bowl where 1 person gets you 20 points. Then when I got to the bowling alley I was in for a surprise when I was no longer getting instant 20's! o_O So I decided to start organizing a team instead, lol. But you know me, I prefer a challenge so that's all good.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:53 pm
Ned-san
Yeah... *ahem* I felt guilty about only having one player on my main team with 2 on Barton, so I created another account to play for Durem. sweatdrop lol. This one I'm going to make an orc, but I can't do anything with him for a few days until he gets his trading pass. He's already got his jacket though!

I was tossing between an Orc and a Devil Imp. I kinda wanted an alien, but then he'd have to play for Aekea...I can't let anybody see my new account until I have him dressed up half decent, lol. xD

So picky. Make him post here when its finished. I wanna see whee

I'm too cheap to dress up my mules. Hell I don't really dress up my main very well xP.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

I'm too cheap to dress up my mules. Hell I don't really dress up my main very well xP.
Haha! I think you dress up your main very well. She's quite stylin'!  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:56 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi

Haha! I think you dress up your main very well. She's quite stylin'!

Lol, thanks.
When's the last time you've quested? *random*

In reply to your edit, you could easily get the items again after creating another account. Even with the change to Bowling its still rather easy to get a 20.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:11 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Lol, thanks.
When's the last time you've quested? *random*

In reply to your edit, you could easily get the items again after creating another account. Even with the change to Bowling its still rather easy to get a 20.

Quested? I don't think I've ever actually quested before, lol. I build my outfits as I go along, including my original "signature look". I see an item that'll fit and I'll buy it if I can afford it, or I just put it on the wishlist as a reminder then play in the marketplace until I have it. xD Oftimes though, I'll see one item I want then decide on a bunch of items to work around it to complete the outfit (ie, like most recently when I decided I wanted this Spartan Shield, so I found all the parts to build a Greek/Roman avi around it - just in time for the Olympics too). It usually just starts with one piece that I like, then I envision the avi that'll fit and find the pieces to make it happen. It's really quite random, lol. xp

I still have a copy of my very first "complete" outfit as a newb...
User Image
Then that eventually evolved piece by piece into this, which I've stuck with since:
User Image

The first item I remember really working hard to afford was the Western Zodiac, which completed my overall look that I've carried on all through the years. That's probably when I first learned how to play the market here best. A lot of that outfit was built using event items from the 2k7 Halloween Event, then I would just scour the marketplace to find pieces that fit until I had something complete that fit my vision. wink  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm
Ned-san

Haha, thats just like me, except mine doesn't always end up as good.
There are LOTS of individual items I like, but I have nothing to go with those items and I feel like it'd be a waste to buy it. =/ Way too lazy to tektek. The options are unlimited which actually makes it harder for people like me.

Are you any good at vending? :O  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:48 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
Ned-san

There are LOTS of individual items I like, but I have nothing to go with those items and I feel like it'd be a waste to buy it. =/ Way too lazy to tektek. The options are unlimited which actually makes it harder for people like me.

Yup, vending is what I do best. wink

I don't actually ever use tektek. I just go to the Marketplace item search and try things on in the change rooms there, one piece at a time. I gotta use my imagination to figure if it'll go good with other items I'm thinking of purchasing.

So if you ever catch me randomly in some weird incomplete outfit, or maybe half neked... it's probably because I'm trying things on in the Marketplace change rooms, lol!  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 pm
Ned-san
Kyuui Kiwi
Ned-san

Yup, vending is what I do best. wink

I don't actually ever use tektek. I just go to the Marketplace item search and try things on in the change rooms there, one piece at a time. I gotta use my imagination to figure if it'll go good with other items I'm thinking of purchasing.

So if you ever catch me randomly in some weird incomplete outfit, or maybe half neked... it's probably because I'm trying things on in the Marketplace change rooms, lol!

Interesting how you can find items you like just using the marketplace. I do it occasionally with the keywords and all and browse but thats about it. Normally when I buy from people's stores I just look at everything else that catches my eye. Its kinda fun exploring xp

Never knew you were good at vending emotion_kirakira Teach me da secretzzz. A long time ago someone told me certain things to buy and I'm so thankful they did. I kept those items to this day and they've shot up in prices. One of the best hoards (and probably only) I've ever done.
I'm such a terrible vender though, I'm trying to get back in it but dem prices so hard to remember. stressed I fail at finding good trends and predicting stuff too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 pm
Kyuui Kiwi

Interesting how you can find items you like just using the marketplace. I do it occasionally with the keywords and all and browse but thats about it. Normally when I buy from people's stores I just look at everything else that catches my eye. Its kinda fun exploring xp

Yes, that's exactly how I do it... through keyword and name searches. smile I get an idea of what kind of item I want, then I browse to see what's available. Plus I pay attention when I can to what other people are wearing, and when an item catches my eye I use View Equipped Items to see what it is in the marketplace and maybe sometime down the road I'll remember it when I want to put something relevant together.

I never quite understood why some people hide their equipped items. Mine has always been boldly displayed on my profile since the day I started here, and I always thought that seeing and showing off to each other what we wear on our avis was all part of the fun of this "game". I even select clothing items that aren't seen, such as hidden jewelery (rings, necklaces, etc.) which has meaning, and even wear appropriate underwear for every outfit. lol.

Kyuui Kiwi

Never knew you were good at vending emotion_kirakira Teach me da secretzzz. A long time ago someone told me certain things to buy and I'm so thankful they did. I kept those items to this day and they've shot up in prices. One of the best hoards (and probably only) I've ever done.
I'm such a terrible vender though, I'm trying to get back in it but dem prices so hard to remember. stressed I fail at finding good trends and predicting stuff too.

It's more important to understand the basics (methods and techniques) than to know specific items, because items on Gaia are so constantly changing. It's impossible to keep up with the market that way, especially when you leave for years like I did, lol.

Recently somebody had posted a gold earning question in the NSTG's Q&A forum, so I re-posted an old guide of mine from way back in 2007 or 2008... that might help you with the theories and ideas behind marketplace play:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22451743  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:36 am
Ned-san
I never quite understood why some people hide their equipped items. Mine has always been boldly displayed on my profile since the day I started here, and I always thought that seeing and showing off to each other what we wear on our avis was all part of the fun of this "game". I even select clothing items that aren't seen, such as hidden jewelery (rings, necklaces, etc.) which has meaning, and even wear appropriate underwear for every outfit. lol.

Haha, I guess most people don't want others to steal their outfits if they have something rather creative. I guess I can sort of understand, if I spent so much time making an awesome avi and someone just recreated it, I wouldn't be too happy either sweatdrop But that does put a damper on people who really just want to know a single item on a person. At last resort I guess you could just PM the person if they're willing to share.

Ned-san
It's more important to understand the basics (methods and techniques) than to know specific items, because items on Gaia are so constantly changing. It's impossible to keep up with the market that way, especially when you leave for years like I did, lol.

Recently somebody had posted a gold earning question in the NSTG's Q&A forum, so I re-posted an old guide of mine from way back in 2007 or 2008... that might help you with the theories and ideas behind marketplace play:
]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22451743

I think I've got a somewhat decent understanding of the basics but you definitely helped refresh my memory about EIs and MCs. I'm also trying to study those graphs better so that little bit about it really helped. And the clarification of the AMP. I never understand that thing but when its way lower and red than the listed prices I just quickly get away from that item. wink

About the MCs though, I'm still rather confused. So when would be a decent time to buy one (without the use of Gcash) and to sell it for profit?
I used to vend on the RIG items as well, as soon as they came out the prices normally jumped around and I did pretty well but I never actually understood what was going on. The prices just seemed to jump and I could never really figure out the pattern sweatdrop

Are we still in the Bacon Bowl thread? emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:50 am
From a post in Jaxent's event guide:
Quote:
Oh yeah, i think that's right. And it would make sense that it only has to be 80//100 because I am prett sure that the last game is goin to the the Player vs. Player battle system. Codemonkey hinted about it.

eek PvP... against other gaians?! BRING ITTTTTTT. emotion_awesome A part is me is sort of hoping this is true. Even if it probably means chaos and trolling each other.  

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

Vanilla Acoustic

Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:03 am
Sad conffession:
When I first heard Bacon Bowl, I thought that we were going to eat bacon bowls, like a pie eating contest...I was way off T^T  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff