Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
× ✖ × Madam Malkin's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:11 pm
Have you heard the news?
Bad things come in twos.
But I never knew
'Bout the little things.
Every single day
Things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
For the little things.

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - First Year - Eldest of Six -
[feeling: Friendly] [thinking: I hope I'll be able to find them...] [with: Fiona] [at: Madam Malkin's]

Uriel had to laugh at that. Interesting was an understatement. Between Toby and Jess either fighting or scheming with each other, Eleazer causing disasters everywhere he went, Vi still adjusting from being an only child to one of six, and Thea's constant hyperness, things were more than interesting. This morning alone had been...well, a typical Walsh family morning. He was suddenly immensely grateful that his entire family was not all in Diagon together right now. "Well, yeah. I'm one of six. It's never boring, anyways."

It all comes down to you.

Let the headlines wait,
Armies hesitate.
I can deal with fate
But not the little things.
Armageddon may
Arrive anyday.
I can't get away
From the little things.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 pm
Fiona McKinney
Owner of Madam Malkin's // Shop: Front Room // Wearing
CURRENTLY WITH // First Years
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happy
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, so many kids...'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Fiona smiled widely at that. She'd heard a bit of exhaustion in his voice. She supposed that having five sibling could get pretty tiring, but it didn't stop her from wishing she'd had a brother or sister. Just one. She laughed a little. "Och, but tha' sounds grand. Bu' then, I'm sure ye feel a wee bi' differen'ly mos' days, aye?" She finished up her sewing and smiled, stepping back to check the sleeves and such. "Well, lad, yer'll all done. An' ye look wonderful." He was the last one in the store, meaning that once he left, she'd be by herself again. Back to sewing in the back room, she supposed. But maybe more would come in.

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 pm
Have you heard the news?
Bad things come in twos.
But I never knew
'Bout the little things.
Every single day
Things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
For the little things.

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - First Year - Eldest of Six -
[feeling: Friendly] [thinking: I hope I'll be able to find them...] [with: Fiona] [at: Madam Malkin's]

Uriel nodded slowly. His siblings were nothing like him. He usually counted himself as the only normal one. Normal compared to them anyways. He relized Fiona was done and stepped off the platform. He made sure to pay her the right amount and smiled once more. "Thank you, ma'am." With that the boy left, hands in his pockets, on the look out for his family.

It all comes down to you.

Let the headlines wait,
Armies hesitate.
I can deal with fate
But not the little things.
Armageddon may
Arrive anyday.
I can't get away
From the little things.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 pm
I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve,
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

A pair of shimmery brown eyes held a cluster of various emotions: fear for being alone so far from home, nervousness and excitement about shopping for her first year at school, eagerness to get the items on the list she clutched with a sweaty palm. The child with fiery hair couldn’t contain herself as she stepped into the robe store. She took in her surroundings: the announcement board, the pleasant little corkboard that held crayon drawings. Leah absolutely loved to draw- though she wasn’t any good at it. The racks of robes in the front room brought a big smile to the girl’s cheeks. Daydreams of her soon-to-be home rushed to her mind, and questions. What house will I be sorted into? What classes will I do well in? Will I be good at flying? Oh, I hope so. I hope I’m so good that they put me on the quidditch team…
She did her best to focus, and continued into the store. The storeowner was stitching in the back, so Leah was slightly hesitant- she did not like to be rude- but she decided to approach the woman anyway. “Hello, my name is Leah.” She left out her last name. Leah Daniela Sinclair Forthwright wasn’t a fun name. Leah Forthwright was always followed by questions that Leah did not like to answer, or didn’t know the answer to. The name held a reputation of regality and responsibility, and Leah was not fond of being the Forthwright poster child. Of course, many people recognized her first name alone, if the bright red hair didn’t give her away. Leah hoped the woman wouldn’t realize what family she was from.
“I need to get fitted for a uniform please.” Being an outgoing oldest child, nervousness upon meeting new people was not a problem. Still, Leah hoped she was coming across as polite. Sometimes she forgot her manners.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Emotion: Scared, Excited, Nervous • Action: Introducing myself to Mrs. McKinney • Thought: AWGH! I'M GOING TO HOGWARTS! • Location: Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasion • Crush: Nobody yet

Can you tell me what more do I need?
And tomorrow's just a mystery oh yeah,
But that's okay

AddyAbnormal

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

WearingWhere: Madame MalkinsWith: LeahThinking: Adventure Time!OOC

Tanya felt like the very definition of an adult when she walked into Madame Malkin's alone. By herself. Without her Mum or Cookie. It was all awfully exciting! The small family had come to Diagon to pick up a few items and her little brother had wanted to accompany their mother to the Apothecary but she wasn't that interested. She had originally wanted to go to the Quiddtich shop but her Mum was worried something might happen to her, so they compromised: she was allowed to go to the robe shop to place an order for longer robes for her and new ones for her little brother who was joining her at Delicae and then she could go to Flourish and Blotts. So with her head held high and a large grin on her face Tanya stepped into the nearly empty store feeling both anxious and practically vibrating with excitement. "Miss. McKinney! I gotta robe order for ya!" she yelled towards the back where she was sure the seamstress was. Since she and her Mum knew each other she felt comfortable calling her by her real name instead of just "Robe Lady." As she was waiting she saw an assistant helping another girl who looked a bit older than her. And she was alone as well! Her grin widening Tanya walked over to her and held out her hand without preamble. "Hi! My name's Tanya Cherri, I'm ten years old, and my favorite thing in the world is flying. What about you?"
AddyAbnormal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:46 pm
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The woman was just beginning to turn around when Addy heard jingling at the front of the store. A girl just a tad younger than Leah walked in, noticed the redhead, and approached. Leah was glad of it, she always preferred company to no company. This girl had a friendly energy, which was confirmed when she spoke. All of a sudden Leah began to feel giddy. Could this be the start of a new friendship? Sure it could, if Leah played her cards right. “I'm Leah, eleven, and flying's my favorite thing too! I want to be a professional chaser when I grow up.”
Once again, the girl did not mention that she was a Forthwright. Best to make a first impression not hindered by the reputation a name carries. Leah shook Tanya's hand excitedly and giggled- she hoped she was not being rude to Miss McKinney, though she was sure the woman would understand. Kids just want to have fun.
"So Tanya, are you gonna go to Hogwarts next year? I'm terrified and super excited all in one..." Again, the ginger's mind drifted to her almost-school; the start-of-year feast, being sorted, sending Bran to her family with mail. And of course flying. Finally Leah could get her certificate. She'd been flying for a long time, of course, but technically it wasn't legal. It would be nice to be able to fly off of her own property. And hopefully she would eventually make it onto the quidditch team to start on her career. Leah tried her best to focus on the situation at hand. Need to buy robes. Be polite and make friends. It was rather straightforward, but Leah sometimes got carried away, being her curious, rambunctious self.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Emotion: Scared, Excited, Nervous • Action: Buying robes and meeting people • Thought: New friend! Yay! • Location: Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasion • Crush: Nobody yet

But that's okay

AddyAbnormal

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:30 am
User Image
The Lovettes……………………………………………………
Thackery // Piper // Gypsy // Echo
Former Ravenclaw // Misuse of Muggle Artifacts // Wearing at Madame Malkin'sspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving my wife, Piperspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // My family, Fiona and two young girlsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'My little girl's going to Hogwarts... she's getting so big!' spacespac
Former Ravenclaw // Ceramic Artist // Wearing at Madame Malkin'sspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving my husband, Thackeryspaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Bubblyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, this is wonderful, my girl, finally going to school!' spacespac
Unsorted // First Year // Wearing at Madame Malkin'sspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // My family, Miss McKinney, and two other first year girlsspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, this is so super cool, but can we please hurry up, I want my wand!' spacespac
Future Hogwarts Student // Child // Wearing at Madame Malkin'sspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // My family, two girls and Miss McKinneyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Boredspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why did I have to come, I could be home reading right now...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Thackery Lovette entered the shop and took a deep breathe, memories flooding him as he looked back at his own first visit to Diagon Alley, and to this very shop. He'd been a beansprout, tall and lanky and with more limbs than he could handle. His daughter was fortunate, she'd taken after her mother, thin, but just the right height. He approached the shopkeeper with a smile on his face, but held his tongue. Piper and the woman knew one another, so it was easier just to let her handle the transaction. He did incline his head politely, and the noticed the two younger girls. He thought he might recognize one of them, the girl with the fiery hair, as a Forthwright, daughter to a Slytherin couple from an old family, like his own parents. Leah, he thought her name was. He wondered briefly what kind of girl she was. He recalled his own childhood, how stifling such a family could be. But she was a girl, so she must have it easier, right? He was certain that the Forthwrights must be the sort to only consider a male as an heir, and he thought that they might have just had a little boy not long ago.

Piper smiled widely as she entered the shop, throwing her arms open in a dramatic gesture, heading straight for Fiona. The two of them went way back, they'd only been two years apart in school and had gotten along famously, despite the difference in age and house. Both artistic-minded individuals, they'd met when Piper had come across the younger girl working on a dress design for some party she wanted to attend. They'd kept in touch over the years, although they hadn't actually seen one another in a while. She offered a smile to the two young ladies waiting their turn and flashed Fiona her most winning grin. "Fi, dear, you'll never believe it, I'm getting so old! My daughter, my dear, sweet Gypsy, is going to be a first year, can you believe it? And, of course, where was I to go for robes if not here?" Piper winked at the two girls, who both looked about like they were first years as well, and gave a reassuring smile. "Of course, we are more than happy to wait for these two sweet girls to go first, it's no rush. Actually, the longer you take the better, Gypsy is positively seething because we haven't taken her to get her wand yet, and what sort of parents would we be if we didn't poke a little fun at our girl, after all?"' The rather melodramatic artist ruffled her daughter's bright pink hair with a teasing look on her face and took a seat, patting the chair beside her for Kery to join her.

Gypsy scowled a bit at her mother's flourishes and acting out, rather annoyed but loving her all the more. The woman might be a potter, but she could have just as easily been an actress, the way she carried on, She pouted a bit, her eyes flashing. "Mum, you guys are horrid, you're positively evil! Why can't we get my wand first, Miss McKinney's busy right now! We could come back later!" Her mother was right about one thing, Gypsy would do anything to get to Ollivanders and get her very own wand. But, that was normal, wasn't it? Didn't all magical children consider that the height of excitement? She glanced at the other two girls, not the least bit bashful. "Back me up here, girls, shouldn't they take me for my wand? It's only the most important thing we'll do all day, after all!" Gypsy's eyes flashed again, looking almost purple as she pulled another pouty face.

It was all Echo could do to keep from rolling his eyes at his sister. She was positively obnoxious sometimes, having to be the center of attention, making it all about her. Not that Echo wanted to be the center of attention, ever, really, but the point was that Gypsy could be downright annoying. He watched her eyes flash, knowing she was plotting something when he saw the glint of violet in her eyes. He sat next to his mother and father, pulling a book from his back pocket and decided to make the most of the time he had seated. He was fairly certain they'd be up and about for the majority of the day, but he knew his mother and father well. They'd make her wait for the other two girls to go, and then make her get her robes. She wouldn't get her wand until the very end of the shopping trip. And right now, that meant that he had time to read. He was only a couple of chapters into his newest book, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but it was a page-turner for sure. He smiled a bit. If he focused enough, maybe he could tune his sister out.

User Image
Fiona McKinney
Former Hufflepuff // Seamstress // Wearing at My Shopspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // loving spaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Lovettes, Leah and Tanyaspacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, dear, i's tha' time o' year again, innit?' spacespac

Fiona smiled widely at the young redhead who entered her shop, pulling out her wand and readying to have the girl stand for a fitting when young Tanya Cherri entered as well, striking up a conversation with the other girl. Fi smiled and waited patiently, knowing all too well how important making friends on that first shopping trip could be. When the Lovette family entered right behind Tanya, she smiled, rolling her eyes ever so slightly when, predictably, Kery allowed his wife to take center stage. Piper's comment that she was getting old made Fiona offer the other woman a playful scowl. "Och, Pip, now, dun be sayin' such thin's, aroun' meh, if yer gettin' ol', then I am as weel, an' I'd much rather no' thin' tha', now wouldn' I?" She listened to Gypsy go on her tiny rant, smiling a bit at the way the girl went on. She offered a gentle smile. "Now, now, gel, dun worry so much. I'll be quick, I promise." She turned to the other two girls. "Leah, dearie, ken ye get up on the stool so I ken get yer measurements? It'll only take a secon'. Yer welcome tae talk while I'm working." She flicked her wand, her tape measure and pins and needles and thread all floating to the stool, and then turned to Tanya. "Tanya, dear, I'll git ye next, there's plenty o' chairs eef ye wanna sit an' wait. How's yer mum doin', by the way? Hadnae seen her in a bi'."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:07 am
User Image

WearingWhere: Madame MalkinsWith: Leah, Miss. Fiona, and the LovettesThinking: I wonder what it's about...OOC

Tanya beamed at the other girl's-Leah's-answer shaking her hand eagerly. "That's so cool! I want to be an Auror when I grow up but I want to play Quidditch when I go to school, just like my Mum!" She had always been fascinated by her mother's school stories, her favorites being the Quidditch games she either went to or participated in. She still couldn't believe her mother would do something like barrel roll through chasers just to hit a stray bludger but nearly has a heart attack when she sees her climbing a tree in the backyard. Mothers! Tanya had to blink a few times to realize that Leah had still been talking while a family came in talking to Miss. Fiona. Still she grinned and nodded feeling a tiny bit disappointed that she wouldn't get to go to the magical school for a whole other year. "Yup! But I still have a whole year at my school now before I can go! Gah! I think I'll die from waiting the entire time." she chuckled. Soon her short attention was taken by another older girl who was calling her mother...evil? Well that wasn't very nice. Again the young girl had to blink when she and her new friend were cast in the limelight but just shrugged. "Well, getting a wand is the most important thing but my Mum always says that you should save the best for last so you can savor the moment. So, maybe you should get all the icky stuff out the way first and then when you get your wand it'll be double exciting!" she reasoned. Her hazel eyes strayed to a boy who looked around her age who took a book out his pocket and began to read making her have to stifle a giggle. He reminded her of her Cookie. In the midst of her hilarity she turned towards the chairs Miss. Fiona had gestured to and took a seat with a light jump and plop before answering her question. "She's good, she's got a lot more customers for her potions which is good and she says thank you for the new book even though she was ermm....what did she say? Right! "Practically mortified!" Tanya giggled. She didn't really know what mortified meant but she knew a blush when she saw one!
AddyAbnormal

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

AddyAbnormal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 am
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

As the events began to unfold Leah could barely contain herself. As she spoke with Tanya a beautiful family of four entered the room, and Leah was instantly awed at the unusual but pretty color of the daughter’s hair. She at first believed that it was artificial, but whoever dyed it must have been an excellent artist because it looked about as natural as any other hair color. The redhead watched as the couple approached the group and the woman began to speak. Giggling at the words she spoke so teasingly at her daughter, Leah offered the girl… presumably “Gypsy,” If Leah had heard the mother correctly, a sympathetic but humorous smile. The forthwright girl couldn’t wait to get her own wand too, but she was trying her best to save the best for last. Also, she was most nervous about buying her wand.
Gypsy was the next to speak, and Leah downright laughed. The way the mother and daughter behaved toward each other was the way Leah wished she could act around her mom, and it was funny. Of course, she didn’t want to offend Gypsy, so she tried to stifle the laugh. She’d heard the mother say that she’d be a first year, and Leah thought forward to Hogwarts again, wondering if the two would be friends. She hoped so; Gypsy seemed like the type to make a really good friend. And creative, too, so she probably would be up for some kind of adventure. Which was Leah’s second favorite thing next to flying.
Leah didn’t realize that she was staring at the girl until she stopped talking, and the young redhead swore she saw Gypsy’s eyes change color just slightly... but that didn’t happen. How could it possibly? Leah shook it off as her eyes playing tricks and took her spot on the stool when Miss McKinney asked her to do so. Her excitement increased to a great extent when the pins and needles began floating. She was finally getting fitted for Hogwarts robes!
While the lady worked, Leah listened to Tanya’s response to Gypsy. She agreed with what Tanya said, but decided to back up Gypsy. Glancing at Gypsy’s parents with a smile in her eyes, she spoke. "Don’t be so cruel! Us girls just wanna get our wands! We’ve been waiting millennia! Don’t torture us any long- snort!"
Leah was many things, but she was not an actor. She couldn’t keep up with the charade, it was just too goofy. She flashed an apologetic look to Gypsy and then spoke again. “I’m Leah, by the way. I’m also gonna be a first year. I would offer a handshake, but I’m currently a bit… occupied.” She glanced down. The robes were coming along nicely. Leah nearly jumped for joy.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Emotion: Scared, Excited, Nervous • Action: Buying robes and meeting people • Thought: I love the color of that hair! • Location: Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasion • Crush: Nobody yet

But that's okay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:03 pm
User Image
Fiona McKinney

Fiona listened to Tanya's response to Gypsy's insistence that she go for her wand with a smile. The girl was clever, and wise. Such a rare trait for a girl so young. The conversations young people had could be so amusing... and enlightening. Fiona hadn't been able to contain herself when she'd first gone for her own school supplies, she'd headed straight for Ollivander's. But she'd never admit that. When Tanya mentioned the book she'd let Nicole borrow, she laughed a bit. "Och, I warned her aboot tha' one, bu' she insisted. Said th' cover looked like it'd be a good read. Which it was, bu' I daresay it was a bi' much fer her, aye? Bu' I'm gla' tae hear tha' she's gettin' good business. She wor's har' fer it." She wrapped up the work on Leah's robes with a smile. "Now, thar ye go, lass. Will i' be jes the one se', or will ye be gettin' two? I's buy one, an' the secon's half off, so i'd be 45 galleons instea' o' sixty." She wondered what Tanya was here for, since the girl wasn't up to be a first year yet. Probably something for her mother. She glanced at Gypsy. "Now, see, lass, this isnae takin' so long, is it? I'll git wha'e'er Tanya needs an' be right with ye. Impatien' little lass." Fiona was teasing, of course, and wrinkled her nose a bit and winked to let the girl know.

User Image
Former Ravenclaw // Misuse of Muggle Artifacts // Wearing at Madame Malkin'sspace
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'My little girl's going to Hogwarts... she's getting so big!' spacespac
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, this is wonderful, my girl, finally going to school!' spacespac
CURRENTLY WITH // My family, Miss McKinney, and two other first year girlsspacesp
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oooh, this is so super cool, but can we please hurry up, I want my wand!' spacespac
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Why did I have to come, I could be home reading right now...' spacespac

Thackery, from his seat next to Pip, smiled as he listened to the girls banter. He recalled being so young, having such conversations. He nodded in agreement with the dark-haired girl, his eyes sparkling. "Seems like the young lady over here has the right idea. After all, the waiting only makes it more exciting." He flashed the young lady a smile, turning to Piper. "We're going to make Gypsy wait aaaaall day, aren't we, sweet?" He looked to his daughter, still standing, as she impatiently tapped her foot.

Piper laughed at Thackery getting in on the teasing. He didn't usually get into their mother-daughter banter, preferring to just listen and laugh at the two of them. He seemed to be in an exceptionally good mood today. She was glad; she loved when the two of them could gang up on their impetuous daughter. "Oh, absolutely. In fact, once you're done, Gypsy, you might want to just pull up some paper and start keeping yourself busy, because I suddenly feel like I could use some new robes, too." She didn't really, of course, but it was funny to make Gypsy squirm. Sometimes Piper wondered if she was a horrible mother, but she loved her kids dearly, and Gypsy knew they were must teasing and playing. The flash in her eyes told her that, yes, she was having fun, too. But, it'd been purple, a flash that indicated mischief. She pursed her lips. "I don't know what you're planning, but it won't work. You'll get your wand when we take you." Piper could just see her daughter trying to find a way to slip away from them and go on her own. It wouldn't happen, though. Piper wasn't letting the girl out of her sight.

Gypsy rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, knowing that her mother wasn't about to stand there and get fitted for robes in those shoes. Not when they were going to be out about walking all day. She'd worn heels, something meaning that she was planning on sitting outside at most of the shops. Probably so she could people watch and get inspiration for her art. But whatever. She decided to ignore her parents and turned to Leah, smiling. "I'm Gypsy. And if I don't get my wand soon, I'm going to go nuts." She wasn't so immature as to actually throw a fit or anything, but this was totally unfair. If she got her wand first, she'd be satisfied and not whiny for the rest of the day. Who wouldn't agree to that? But it didn't matter if she did, because she was going to sneak away. Her mom might think she had the drop on her, but it was oh, so crowded out there, and it would be oh, so easy to disappear while no one was looking. A quick hair change and poof! She'd been gone. Of course, she'd wait patiently at the wand shop for her parents after she got it. Once she had her wand, she'd be more than willing to go wherever for her things.

Echo, for his part, had his nose deep in his book, and wasn't about to play any games with Gypsy. But, when his mother said she was on to his older sister, he glanced up, and saw the look in Gypsy's eyes. Not good. That was her, 'yeah, that's what you think,' expression. "Gypsy, for God's sake, stop plotting. We all know what you're planning. You'll sneak off and change your hair or face or whatever to look different, and take off. It's not clever, it's been done to death, mostly by you, and it's annoying. Just don't." He scowled when his sister smiled. Not. Good.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

AddyAbnormal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:15 pm
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Excited to no end, Leah resisted the urge to squirm about while Miss McKinney finished up. Seeing the robes in the mirror made it that much more wonderful. But the woman was quite practiced and thus the fitting went swiftly. Leah didn’t have to think before responding to Miss McKinney’s question. It was always good to have an extra, plus Leah had Daddy’s galleons. She didn’t like mooching off her parents because she didn’t like liking being a Forthwright, but she’d definitely spend it on important things, like her Hogwarts robes for instance. "Two please. Mum always said that one’s the loneliest number." As soon as the words left her mouth, Leah giggled as she imagined her robe being lonely. A short scene played out in her head of the robe searching for true love, and finally finding a perfect companion: a dapper-looking pair of trousers with a great sense of humor.
Realizing the ridiculousness, the redhead snapped back to attention. The whole scene with Gypsy and her mother was vividly entertaining, though Leah felt for her future classmate. She stifled a laugh as she saw the slightly evil look on Gypsy’s face. She knew that look anywhere; she made it a lot herself. It was the “I’m going to do something I’m not supposed to” look, and Leah loved it. She shot a look at Gypsy that said: Take me with you!
The young boy with the book then spoke, giving away Gypsy’s plan and… wait what? Leah couldn’t believe her ears. Change her hair or face? Now Leah understood why she’d thought she’d seen the eyes change. They had. “You’re a… metamorphmagus…” Leah squeaked, trying to contain her excitement. She’d never met one before and thus Leah had to try her best to remember not to be rude and pry. She wasn’t going to ask the girl to do animal impressions (though that would be so cool!) but she was quite curious. “Sorry, it’s just… I’ve never met a metamorphmagus before. Excuse me if I’m being rude.” She resisted the urge to fangirl and tell Gypsy how amazing she was. Still, in her mind she was extremely giddy and eager to get to Hogwarts.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Emotion: Scared, Excited, Nervous • Action: Buying robes and meeting people • Thought: I get to go to school with a metamorphmagus! • Location: Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasion • Crush: Nobody yet

But that's okay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:04 am
User Image
Fiona McKinney

Fiona flicked her wand and a second set of school robes appeared and seemingly adjusted themselves to match the specific alterations Fiona had made on the pair the girl wore. She then took the money from Leah, laughing a bit at the girl's response that one was the loneliest number. She couldn't agree more; one was rather lonely. Fiona was rather lonely most of the time, sadly enough. She pushed the thought away before turning to Tanya. "A'righ, now, sweetpea, wha' do ye need today?"

User Image

Thackery frowned a bit when Pip and Echo called Gypsy on the plans she was undoubtedly forming. She might not have actually gone through with it before, but now, she was certain to. They'd effectively issued a challenge. Wonderful. He wondered what face Gypsy would pull, what hair color she'd take on, to hide herself from them today. Last time, she'd made her hair gray and given herself a few choice wrinkles and a hunched back, disappearing into a crowd as a little grandmother. The time before, she'd been a boy. He sighed. They'd have to watch her extra carefully now.

Piper saw her husband's expression change to one of concern, and patted his arm, her eyes reassuring. She knew what he was thinking; if her comment hadn't driven Gypsy to try an escape, Echo's certainly had. Their son had little patience for his sister's antis, being the quiet, serious member of the family. She glanced at Echo. "Echo, honey, don't be so mean to your sister. You know how she is." And you know that what you said means she's going to try to sneak off now. She looked back at Kery, nodding slightly. Telling him that she wouldn't let Gypsy run off. Even if she had to hold the girl's hand.

Gypsy watched the interaction between her family with detached interest, knowing them all well enough to know that they knew her well enough to know that she was, in fact, going to change her face, and her hair, and whatever else she needed to, in order to escape. Echo had issued a challenge, after all, and what kind of person would she be if she just let it slide? She turned back to Leah when the girl started going on about her being a Metamorphmagus, smiling, flashing her sparkling white teeth. "It's totally fine. I mean, it's basically the coolest thing ever, so why wouldn't you be rude? If being excited is rude, which I don't think it is." Yeah, so she wasn't modest. So sue her. She couldn't help it if she'd been born awesome. And she'd caught the gleam in Leah's eye, knew that she'd just met her accomplice. The girl was just like her, adventurous and eager to take risks. She knew she'd met a kindred spirit, and it tickled her. After growing up with her rather dull, though totally sweet and lovable, brother, it was nice to meet someone else who liked to cause mischief. Unable to hide it, her eyes turned full-on purple, although she managed to keep her hair pink, barely.

Echo wanted to slap himself when he realized how big a mistake he'd made. He'd issued a challenge, and Gypsy was never one to resist a challenge. She was far too outgoing and exciting a person for that. He scowled. He'd just wanted to stay home with his book. Was that too much to ask? Really?

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

AddyAbnormal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:42 am
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

After giving her money to Ms. McKinney, Leah stepped off the stool and placed her uniforms in a slightly charmed bag that fit anything smaller than a an average sized pillow. As she did so, her hand bumped against something she’d forgotten about for a while now. A smirk crept across her face and she darn near lost composure. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Her fingers curled around the object of her desire and she pulled it out, keeping it hidden.
Merrily, she watched as Gypsy’s parents exchanged glances. Parents. Always wanting to get in the way of good fun. But not today. Leah held her secret weapon. She was glad that Gypsy didn’t mind her curiosity. It was in her nature, and besides, if she wasn’t curious she wouldn’t be half as fun. As Gypsy’s eyes changed full color, the Forthwright girl squirmed, trying not to squeal. Leah now knew something that the Lovettes did not, but would find out sooner rather than later. Crossing the room, Leah reached out to take Gypsy’s hand in a handshake. She looked into her new friend’s eyes mischievously and pressed the object into her palm. It was a small phial filled with a dark powder. A small label on the side read: FROM PERU. She then took her hand back and offered it to the rest of the Lovette family.
As excited as she was, Leah hesitated. Not because she was scared or anything but because of manners. She glanced at Tanya who was now speaking with the storeowner and then back at Gypsy. She tilted her head back a little, trying to communicate with Gypsy. The redhead hoped it wouldn’t be asking for too much, but Tanya had been her first friend today. She didn’t want to leave the younger girl alone in the dust. Hopefully Gypsy would understand. With what Gypsy now possessed, it shouldn’t be too hard to get three girls out unnoticed. Especially with the Lovette girl’s gift.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Emotion: Scared, Excited, Nervous • Action: Plotting with Gypsy • Thought: Gonna be great! • Location: Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasion • Crush: Nobody yet

But that's okay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:06 am
User Image

Gypsy gave Leah a sort of odd look when the redhead offered to shake her hand, but, never one to be rude, she took it, and suppressed a grin when she felt something in the palm of her hand. She gave Leah a secret smile and then discreetly glanced at the vial. She just managed to make out the word 'Peru' with her glance, and instantly knew that she'd been given a vial of Peruvian Darkness Powder. Brilliant. This was going to be good. When Leah indicated the younger girl, Gypsy offered a small nod to let her know that Tanya could totally come if she wanted to. She wasn't so sure she would want to, but she was more than welcome. After all, mischief was always more fun when you had someone to laugh about it with.

Thackery took the young lady's hand with a gentle smile. He inclined his head politely. "Thackery Lovette. It's a pleasure to meet you." Kery, his attention distracted by his own daughter, had missed the silent conversation between the two girls, and was unaware that they were plotting together. He was, rather incorrectly, thinking that Leah, being from such an old, proper family as she was, would surely be more refined than their own girl, and would perhaps curb Gypsy's mischievous tendencies if they became friends. He loved his daughter, but he sensed that unless she met and befriended someone who could mellow her out a bit, he would be getting a lot of letters home about her behavior. She was smart; he didn't want her to waste it on trouble-making.

Piper took Leah's hand next, offering a smile of her own, though she, unlike her husband, knew mischief when she saw it. Gypsy's purple eyes and the way that Leah was looking at her made her think that perhaps the two of them were planning something. Piper was wary, but trouble with the two girls was better than trouble with just her own. After all, red was a fairly uncommon hair color; Gypsy could make herself look as different from her real self as possible, but nothing was going to cover the other girl's red hair. By making a friend out of the young lady, Gypsy had made herself infinitely more easy to track. So, her expression was warm as she told Leah, "Piper Lovette. It's so nice to see that we're not the only ones getting an early start on the shopping."

Echo watched the scene with suspicion. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. But, there was nothing he could do, besides keep an eye on his sister and hope his parents were doing the same. He took the older girl's hand and offered a polite smile. "I'm Echo. I'm a year younger than Gypsy, so I won't be going to school until next year." Echo realized that he and the other girl, Tanya, would be in the same year, and wondered if he should try to make friends with her, but decided not to. She was a girl, after all, and she'd already sort of made friends with Leah, and would probably make friends with Gypsy way before he even managed to talk to her. He wasn't social like his sister was.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:54 am
User Image

WearingWhere: Madame MalkinsWith: Leah, Miss. Fiona, and the LovettesThinking: Those two better wait for her!OOC

Tanya giggled more at Miss. Fiona's response to the book she had lent her Mum finding it odd that her mother would be so bashful about a simple love story. When she turned back to Leah getting adjusted and talking to the purple-haired girl her eyes widened at her new friend's exclamation, equally astonished and impressed. "That's...you're...awesome! Purely emphatically awesome!" And yes, she did just learn what "emphatically" meant thank you very much! She rolled her eyes at Gypsy's "modest" tone regarding her gift but couldn't stifle her laughter at the her words or her brother's. Finally the redhead was finished and it was her turn to be poked and prodded, the joys of adulthood! "Mum says I'm shooting up like a weed and need to have my Deliciae robes adjusted. Oo! And Cookie's going to school with me now so I gotta order his too, Mum gave me his adjustments but she said they could come in and measure." Without further ado Tanya pulled out a long list of numbers and letters she had no interest of understanding along with a small bag of coins from her pockets. In the corner of her eye she noticed Leah and Gypsy smirking and shaking hands both looking up to something...well they'd better leave some for her too! Grinning at all the introductions she decided that she didn't want to be the odd duckling out. "My names Tanya Cherri and I'm not going to Hogwarts until next year either. But I do go this small Charms school. I have my Mum who works at a weird book store and Cookie who's my little brother." she beamed hand outstretched.
AddyAbnormal

Cara MiaKitty

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas