Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruiting: D&D 4e Coliseum 2.0 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many members to a team?
View Results

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 pm
Psychofish
Barbarians are hilarious, but their rage reliance is at odds with my mindset. I'm the guy who would beat RPGs with 99 potions, hi-potions, and x-potions, all untouched; because I might need them later, better keep them.

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=072709  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:07 am
Rain Yupa
Psychofish
Barbarians are hilarious, but their rage reliance is at odds with my mindset. I'm the guy who would beat RPGs with 99 potions, hi-potions, and x-potions, all untouched; because I might need them later, better keep them.

I'm]http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=072709
I'm not going to insist on a barb, but i'd just like to point out that with enough focus on charging and crits, a rageblood barbarian specifically (lol swift charge) can never rage and still be downright explosive. I'm in a game that just recently hit lv6, and our barb has raged very little, i think the best damage he's ever done involved a crit, rampage, item power, and maybe an action point on top of that, and he's not really even specced for anything. A "calm" barbarian is still terrifying.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:18 pm
A berzerker from Heroes of the Feywild is a beast. Plus he's a defender and a striker in turn.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:46 pm
From what I remember of the Heroes books I looked at, they had some options that would certainly be viable... but I had mixed feelings on what they did with the game. I'll probably be sticking to the other books.

Also, Rain has suggested he and I convert two of our non-D20 characters that worked together once or twice back when into 4th edition and go back-to-back for this. Though, his might have started in a tabletop based or inspired place, don't remember for sure. So I'm probably gonna go with that.

...we're not exactly optimizing, since we're trying to recreate characters so... we'll see if we can keep up with what you all cook up.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:47 pm
A lot of classes can handle the Tanky/Damage dealing role. Off the top of my head, Melee Rangers/Str Paladins/Fighters/Avengers/Barbarians, all from non Essentials and if you add in Essentials, you can do Blackguards/Berserkers/Slayers/Executioners.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:12 pm
Psychofish
And while wardens can stand put and survive just about anything, they just don't do that same kind of damage.
*Cough*  

joe-dude667

Sockis

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:54 pm
I am definetly interested in this! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:58 pm
Character is just about done.

Just some final tweaking to do, such as figuring out why my striker is as tanky as me (though I think I do as much damage as him, under many circumstances).  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:02 pm
Well, finally got it done and tweaked to where I think I want it. So if Rain and I are still doing what we talked about, here's Kael.

...otherwise I'll have to get on designing a gnome twin or something.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 pm
Psychofish
Well, finally got it done and tweaked to where I think I want it. So if Rain and I are still doing what we talked about, here's Kael.

...otherwise I'll have to get on designing a gnome twin or something.

And here's Rain Yupa, paired with Kael.

Flavor text/background pending.

Also, we need to think of a team name.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:21 am
So uh...my first two choices have left me for each other. Anyone else want to be my partner? emo  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:06 am
SporkMaster5000
So uh...my first two choices have left me for each other. Anyone else want to be my partner? emo
If you still fancy the dual fighter theme, you could get together with my charge-happy Barb?  

joe-dude667

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 pm
joe-dude667
SporkMaster5000
If you still fancy the dual fighter theme, you could get together with my charge-happy Barb?
After that discussion with psychofish, i'm thinking a ranged warlord might be a good compliment to a front-line barb like that. I'll try to whip something out tonight, i have a couple ideas.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm
Healing and buffs would always be helpful. Though with all the OA's I'll likely incur, some marks could help out a lot. >.< Either one.  

joe-dude667

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 pm
joe-dude667
Healing and buffs would always be helpful. Though with all the OA's I'll likely incur, some marks could help out a lot. >.< Either one.
what if i grant you extra movement and use force movement to let you charge at will and/or charge the same guy successively? meanwhile, I'll focus on mobility so I can stay in the back row.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff