Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Anyone up for a 4E game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 pm
KytanaTheThief
Well, I had actually picked my classes based on what others were doing/suggesting...I noticed that leaders and controllers were the lacking ones.

Since Abs went with a controller, I could always switch to my Shaman. I really have no problem with it.

Its your call.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

Nah, the way I play my characters I'm sure we'll be fine.

How do you mean?

I don't really necessarily fit it inside a box. The way my character would be evil is more dark than kill-kill stab stab.

He's got a moral compass but within it he tries to cause as a much destruction as possible. He heavily favors combat but he has morals.

Won't just up and kill anyone, won't just kill innocent people etc. of course what he defines as innocent and moral might be slightly different.

I'm not just going to kill everyone around me for no reason and I'll probably be pretty close to my group but I might ferociously slaughter say, an enemy, where as a good guy I might be more forgiving.

I mean it really depends on the situation as morality is subjective and all but...

I don't tend to play psychopathic character nor do I like to, so even if my guy is an enraged killer he won't necessarily just kill at a whim, for instance, or harm people for nothing; perhaps if he views it as a moral thing to do, one way to think of it is a paladin who goes to the extremes; murders thieves and pick pockets (or brutally maims them) but feels obligated to help an old lady cross the street.

Sure you might not necessarily consider it evil but I suppose I'd toss it in there as my character alignment.

When it all balances out, and I suppose he's more dark than evil; I could put them at neutral if it makes you feel better but luckily in 4E in terms of morality it's not as cut and dry as it used to be, so it should be fine. xp  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:23 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

How do you mean?

I don't really necessarily fit it inside a box. The way my character would be evil is more dark than kill-kill stab stab.

He's got a moral compass but within it he tries to cause as a much destruction as possible. He heavily favors combat but he has morals.

Won't just up and kill anyone, won't just kill innocent people etc. of course what he defines as innocent and moral might be slightly different.

I'm not just going to kill everyone around me for no reason and I'll probably be pretty close to my group but I might ferociously slaughter say, an enemy, where as a good guy I might be more forgiving.

I mean it really depends on the situation as morality is subjective and all but...

I don't tend to play psychopathic character nor do I like to, so even if my guy is an enraged killer he won't necessarily just kill at a whim, for instance, or harm people for nothing; perhaps if he views it as a moral thing to do, one way to think of it is a paladin who goes to the extremes; murders thieves and pick pockets (or brutally maims them) but feels obligated to help an old lady cross the street.

Sure you might not necessarily consider it evil but I suppose I'd toss it in there as my character alignment.

When it all balances out, and I suppose he's more dark than evil; I could put them at neutral if it makes you feel better but luckily in 4E in terms of morality it's not as cut and dry as it used to be, so it should be fine. xp

Honestly, the alignment isn't the real issue, as I tend to avoid cookie-cutter interpretations of morality myself. My concern is your characters interactions and reputation in the world. Its well good if your character is just a warrior with a dark streak. Its an entirely separate issue if your character has been going about committing horrible act after horrible act for last couple of years.

In the latter case, its going to make interacting with local authorities almost impossible. Not to mention that every-time you enter and urban environment, I'm going to be practically obligated to roll a d% to see if any good-doers recognize you from a "Wanted Sign".

Again, you are welcome to pursue this character concept, but I am simply giving you fair warning that it will likely end badly for you, and your companions.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 pm
Sardonic Smite
KytanaTheThief
Well, I had actually picked my classes based on what others were doing/suggesting...I noticed that leaders and controllers were the lacking ones.

Since Abs went with a controller, I could always switch to my Shaman. I really have no problem with it.

Its your call.

Tell ya what. Once the official roster is in, if we're still lacking a leader, I'll switch. It's usually why I make more than one char in the first place (besides the fun of it), for adaptability.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

How do you mean?

Honestly, the alignment isn't the real issue, as I tend to avoid cookie-cutter interpretations of morality myself. My concern is your characters interactions and reputation in the world. Its well good if your character is just a warrior with a dark streak. Its an entirely separate issue if your character has been going about committing horrible act after horrible act for last couple of years.

In the latter case, its going to make interacting with local authorities almost impossible. Not to mention that every-time you enter and urban environment, I'm going to be practically obligated to roll a d% to see if any good-doers recognize you from a "Wanted Sign".

Again, you are welcome to pursue this character concept, but I am simply giving you fair warning that it will likely end badly for you, and your companions.

"What companions? You mean us? We've barely known this joker for five minutes, we had no idea that he was a wanted man. Here, I'll even subdue him for you fine outstanding constables, and won't even trouble you for any of the reward. I delight simply in giving this wrongdoer what he deserves."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:49 pm
Fair enough.

One slot left.  

Sardonic Smite

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1
Sardonic Smite
Suicidesoldier#1

How do you mean?

Well I don't think I've done anything that's wanted poster worthy. O_o

What would get me on a wanted poster?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:07 pm
Permission to reserve the a lot for one night?  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Sardonic Smite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:24 pm
Vampfighter1
Permission to reserve the a lot for one night?

Permission's not needed. I'm probably going to wait a day or so anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:27 am
detail added

In younger days, Kriv led a gang of bandits along the highway. (doing some world-building) When conflict broke out between [home kingdom] and [rival kingdom] Kriv decided to aid the cause. Rather than join the miltary, Kriv and his bandits harried enemy forces from the shadows, leading commando-style raids. An idle recuit's joke earned him the title "Captain Kriv" among the public. Kriv's bandits were successful in disrupting outward defense patterns and he became notorious for leaving the enemy forces stripped clean of anything valuable, selling arms back to his own country.

He held brief status as a folk hero until a raid went bad. His attack patterns had become too predictable and his men fell into a trap. Though he won the day, the losses for the bandits were great and those who survived left Kriv that day. He doesn't speak of it much, and he makes no claims about his skill as a military leader, but those in the king's army still tel stories of the infamous, irresponsible, or irredeemable Captain Kriv.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:20 am
Sardonic Smite
Rain Yupa
Ofilius Laric'salah, Eladrin Rogue. As a back-up PC for this game, if it doesn't get a full staffing.

Whether you would have it or not, you have thusly delivered the most intriguing character concept to date. So, I'm going to tentatively give you a slot regardless.

I changed some things on my sheet. To have less overlap as Kriv (since we both took the Mountain Thunder Style feat, and likely will have a lot of power overlap), I'm changing mine to Kulkor Battlearm Style. Just to add a LITTLE diversity to the two macey rogues :3 I also changed my 3rd level power to reflect this style change.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:23 pm
Anamaria Thornfrost- Pixie Warlord  

Vampfighter1
Crew

wabbradford

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:19 pm

YAAAY! I was hoping you would make that character soooo much!

She can ride around on my Orc's shoulder. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:25 pm
I need to change her name...... Cause at the moment its a dude  

Vampfighter1
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:25 pm
Awesome as that sounds, now's where we run into the problem....two people, only one slot left >.>  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff