Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D/Pathfinder] Mor'Halas ((Game Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:11 pm
Tabitha circles around and strikes at the new scorpion's side.

((21 to hit, 8 dmg))  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:32 pm
Initiative:
Scorpions
Jennibert
Insanity Logic
Disciple of Sakura
Little Miss Chloroform
MT the Clown
Laertes Ursus
Raganui Minamoto

Scorpion:"What fools these mortals be, to challenge one as strong as me." The massive scorpion begins. "In the glory of the day, soon their lives will fade away." It continues, claws snapping madly. "An at the end of this long fight, the winner I, by force and might." The scorpion struck Kiri, its first claw missing its inteded target, but the second finding its mark in Kiri's soft flesh.

The claw held Kiri just long enough for that sinister stinger, still dripping with their fallen companions to strike her. "It is a shame, with regret and remorse, that this is your chosen path, your course."

(Take 24 Damage and Roll Fortitude save agains poison, you are a lucky girl, thatclaw attack missed a crit confirm by one single attack point.)

Kiri: Your polearm whizzes past any chance of harming the creature, instead carrying you past the sweeping claw above you head. The creatures claw is a painful experience and the poison has left you feeling woozy.

Lamont: Your wife is still unresponsive and your boys have the sense to keep their sister calm in the midle of all this chaos. "Go, dad!" They tell you, urging you into battle.

Nadyei: The first arrow strikes home, driving its way into the creatures shell, putrid ichor spilling from the wound. The second arrow however, merely glances off the reflective shell, reounding upwards and striking a nearby building, showering stone and metal down upon the square. "Aggghhh! Methinks thou doth protest to much, and mar a pretty face up such. For such a grievance you shall die, strewn about whilst your companions cry!"

Tabitha: The dagger bites,digging deeply between the plating of the scorpions natural body armor, spilling its foul life-blood upo your hand. "I think a knat I do detect, but a nuiscance, an insect. First the Giant is to die, then I come for you, young Fly."

Shane: Shane's arrow buries itelf in the scorpions hide. Only a drip of ichor seems to pour from the wound. "It seems you fight with splintering wood, that's the best to be had, it could? What silly things these mortals be, to fight a beast as strong as me!"

All: With a smirk and grin, the man gives a hardy laugh of triumph after his bellowing war cry. It was as if the man himself were insane, mad, or incredibly stupid. With the hand that held the ripped appendage, he tosses it at the rear end of the monsterous beast. "Only cowards pick on the weak. Bwahahahahahaha!"

((Opinion on the rhyming? I thought it was a twisted touch! Also, you who think that this is much too graphic, blegh, you were warned! XD))

((Map as it currently stands.))
User Image  

Jacior

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:35 am
((Aww dude! I basically wasted last turn to address the new guy and I didn't even get a reply....))

"Art thou high on thine own ego foul beast? Thou dost not frighten me. Thy looks maybe neither radiant nor bewitching, but lo within thy monstrous visage lieth stupidity worthy of a thousand fools. Turn thine attack from those a step from Death's door and gaze upon the one that shall divide thee into dust." No more games with this one. Walking forward, Demitry reopens a small scab at the end of his finger, mixing the sweat and blood with some magical energies and slings it at the scorpion...

((30ft. forward and another Acid Arrow))  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:28 pm
Kiri manages to shake off the effects of the poison for now, but the hit serves as a wake up call. I have to focus. Blindly striking will get me nowhere. She takes a brief second to evaluate, and then twists her armor-clad frame into a series of flips. She ends up on the opposite side of the beast from Tabitha, hoping that will give her friend a better chance to not only hit, but hit a vital location. To prove her own threat, she takes another swing at the beast, shouting random profanities to draw its attention.

{25/24 on acrobatics check to tumble to a flanking position. 18 to hit, 11 damage.)}  

jennibert

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:42 am
Shane didn't speak. He didn't think. He was just running on muscle memory now. It was all he could do to keep from running far and fast. He notched another arrow and loosed it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:37 pm
Lamont stressfully looked from battle to family and within less than a second had made his decision. With a quick nod to his sons he spoke he'll be back and dashed off as quick he could towards the battle. Drawing blades to engage the opponent upon his arrival. "This evil cannot be redeemed!" He shouted while approaching.
-------------------------------------------
Double move action, presuming north is the top of this map. 5 ft south, 35 east. All those within 30 ft of me now have the benefit of my nimbus of light.
So.. +1 morale bonus to AC, To Hit, and Damage, and Saving throws against Fear.

In addition.. Which round is this?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:41 am
User Image"Just SHUT UP and DIE, you gods-damned monster!" Nadyei unleashed two more arrows, hopefully striking true - this beast was a terror that was going to end everything, and she really wasn't inclined to let that happen just yet. Mordred was already dead, and that was all she was going to have happen on her watch.

{That's two shots. It's a 17 for 14 damage, and a 19 for 12 damage. OR, if I'm in the Nimbus of Light effect, it's an 18 for 15 damage, and a 20 for 13 damage. Not sure which, so I'll allow you to adjudicate.}  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:21 pm
"You mortal fools go run and hide! If you don't you'll surely die!" The scorpion screamed at them as they attacked again. The scorpion stepped to the side to avoid not one, but every single attack attack our heroes made. Except for one of Nadyei's energy-like arrows, which splintered the chitinous plate upon impact. And Demitry's arrow struck as well, hissing as it struck the beast's stinger melting it nto a useless nub.

In a fit of infernal rage, the mostrous creature charged at the screaming paladin. The paladin threw himself at the platform at the beast, bringing his sword down in a thrust that could fell giants were it necessary. Unfortunatley in this charge, the scorpion's spiked feet trampled over Tabitha, ending her life underfoot, where it had began.

Lamont's mighty blade, infused with the holy magics of the paladin's virtue, cut into the scorpion's hide like a greatsword through butter. The horrendous thing screamed and hissed, the flesh melting around the holy blade. Its claws ripped Lamont from its head and his blade. The beast tore him in twain, splatterng his blood on the pavement and those unlucky enough to be around the front of the beast. Nadyei mostly.

It started towards the platform again, trying to clamber on to it, before it stopped and its legs gave out from under it. It fell into the platform, the front part of the wooden stand crunching under its weight. It twitched for another moment and then layed still, the blade still lodged in its head and hissing as it slowly sunk through the fiends cooling corpse.

The crazy man who had cut through the force barrier was no where to be seen or heard. In fact, there was no sign he had even been there, excluding the still dripping stinger that he had thrown at the beast.

The howling winds had stopped and from other parts of the city, screaming could be heard. The crashing of buildings and the destruction of the fair city continued, though they had stopped a small part of it.  

Jacior

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:48 pm
Looking around and seeing all the destruction, Demitry could not help but think about how the day was to be a day of celebration. Too numb to care about what's happening around him, he quietly gathers the remains of all his friends: the crushed body of Tabitha and the decapitated body of Lamont. "I regret having to go so far. Though my heart may be tormented, my head is clear." Kneeling down, he pockets one of her daggers, her gloves and gently removes her backpack and throws away a ruined flask of acid. Moving to Lamont, he places the heavy crossbow with bolts into the masterwork backpack before taking the dagger as well. Placing the two backpacks to the side, he returns to the bodies to close their eyes and to place a copper piece in each of their mouths before pulling up a loose brick. Taking another breath he began the rite he did for friend lost, "Deat.. D-Death be not unkind. Guide these three to their place of rest. Go forward, my friends, without fear nor burdens. Go now - that you may be judged by your deity. Rest in peace. Perge amici, sine metu, neque onera. Nunc - ut iudicentur tuo numine. Requiem in pace." The brick, now reduced into a course sand, is carefully scattered over the remains.

Removing the remains of Lamont's sword, Demitry inhales deeply before exhaling a noxious green cloud over the scorpion demon. Watching as the body begin to rapidly deteriorate into chitin, "Die with your pride, for all it's worth... Die tuo superbiam valet pro omnibus hominibus."

Placing a hand over his mouth, he sniffs before deeply. Wiping away a tear- caused by the irritation of his own fog. He turns back to the remaining members of Lamont's family. "Come on. Let's go. There's nothing left for us here."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:06 pm
User ImageAs the adrenaline surge from the battle finally died down, Nadyei recognized the carnage the beast had wrought, and the wracking agony of such a loss of friends tore her heart asunder. Her eyes welled with tears as she stepped down from the platform to join the group, watching Demitry perform rites for the fallen. "Does... is anyone hurt? I... I can heal... a bit..." She turned towards Lamont's family, her heart breaking further. "I am so, so sorry. I tried. I tried."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 pm
Placing a hand on Nadyei's shoulder and squeezing it gently, "Com- ahem. Come on! No more tears. The dead are dead. Leave them where they lay. I've taken everything we need. Let's leave before what's happening to the town happens to us." Roughly shoving Lamont's backpack into her arms. "I said let's go! We have to find our way underground and eventually into the sewer! Get your head in gear or I'll leave you behind!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kiri watches in silence as Demitry performs the rites for the dead, tears on her cheeks. Part of it finds it tasteful as he takes their friends' things, but another part of her cannot help but understand the necessity of it.

She remains silent until he begins to push Nadyei along, and then heads over to them, taking Lamont's backpack from his hands. "He's right. We need to get going. There's no telling what could happen next." She glances around, assessing who is left. "I can take the lead, and perhaps Nadyei should take the rear." She pauses, and for a moment grief crosses her face, and then she tamps is down back into the efficiency that is her usual state. "Demitry, do you know where the nearest sewer entrance is?" She slings Lamont's backpack with her own on her back, keeping her bardiche at the ready in case she should need it.  

jennibert

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 pm
Standing there with stunned look on his face, "Wow. I never even thought of placing an arcane mark on sewer entrances... I remember reading about it being somewhere here in the square, but not it's exact location. " Looking around, he actively starts to search for the entrance way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 am
Shane didn't respond for a long moment, winded by all the action. Finally, after a bit, he headed to the north-east section of the bubble they seem trapped in. "This way." he said, his voice slightly lackluster.

Death was always something Shane took for granted. People died, all the time. Hell, he'd died more often than he cared to share. The only difference is, most people don't come back. That finality was something that Shane feared... And kind of wanted.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 pm
The city is loud and active, the screams of people running in terror and the shattering of otherwise safe buildings crashing to the ground are easily heard as Shane leads the group to a tile in the corner of the square. Glass and chitin crunches underfoot to add to the cacophony of sound. Shae easily prys up the tile, revealing a hole and a ladder.

Lamont's children and wife are still huddled behind a pillar, shaking with fear. Though, Lamont's oldest is trying not to let it show, so he doesn't scare his younger siblings. Lamont's wife is still unconcious though and her daughter is clinging to her brother with all the might fear can bring.

((I don't think these NPCs have names yet, so if anyone has any ideas?))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff