Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fantastic Realities [4E] - Recruitment 6/6 [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 am
I know.
Derp. I just forgot about that when I made the post after I made my ranger start a rage & it made me derp.
Hell, when I started making the char I was torn to be a monk, sorceror, or wizard & I basically said 'why would I want to be a monk or sorceror when I am 1: a loose cannon who is so self-cautious, & 2: can't lift a sack of potatoes onto my shoulders without struggling?
Same goes with my race. I was debating on half-elf or elf in general only because I like both races but full-elf fits my personality.
Either way, I'm glad of what I did with my char... somewhat. The defenses could be better but hey. You got to 'roll with the dice'.
BTW, flaming bedroll FTW! (reference to LordKat's DnD streams on his DethKlok campaign which made me get back into dnd in the solidified place)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
On another note... it's a bird. No. It's a plane. No! It's a steel nimbus except it only floats a foot off the bleeding ground so why?!!
(post edited a bit only for the bit of randomness)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:03 pm
"Whisper" - the Tiefling Trickster Rogue  

Archangel486

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm
Background is up  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:34 am
Angel - The Tiefling Rogue
The Audit

I see you've put your Fire resistance and Blood Hunt in your race features, but could you put the resistance and the effects of Blood hunt in the "Conditional Modifiers, Resistances & Action Points Note" section as well? It helps me as a DM.

Rogues aren't proficient with Crossbows, though they are with hand crossbows if you want to change it for that? It's d6 instead of d8, but probably worth it so you can gain the +2 prof.

I have your gold worked out as 9 silvers after all the items you own. Not Gold.

Don't forget +2 to Bluff and Stealth for being Tiefling in your skills! Also speed of 6 and Low Light Vision in the Special Senses.

Your HP should be 25 (12+con[13]) with 7 Healing Surges per day.

Your attack bonus' should be different to what they are. Short sword should be +6 [3dex+3prof] for Rogue powers or +4 for basic [1str+3prof]. Daggers are the same but with an extra +1 for Rogue Weapon Talent with +7 for basic ranged [3dex+3prof+1rwt]. Crossbow would be +3 [solely on dex], though as I mentioned above, I suggest swapping to hand crossbow so you can gain the +2 prof. Though if you'd prefer the higher dice for less chance to hit go for it! mrgreen

You've got the sneak attack down as a power in the quick-look-up section, when it's actually a class feature. So instead of using it instead of a normal Rogue power, you can use it whenever you hit an enemy that grants you Combat Advantage (once per round).

I liked your background., though how long have you been in the fantasy world? What have you done in that time? Or did you travel east and the first town you got to was Tishmat (where the game will start)?  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:39 am
Arc Vembris
Background is up

Nicey spicey! >.<

Who is the other you met in your travels? Nayr?

@Everyone:
Just waiting on Nayr to post his background and we're good to go! mrgreen Rain, since no one has posted you're in. wink I would start posting, but I've noticed that Nayr hasn't been on in a while, I'm just worried he's fallen off the wagon again. confused He hasn't been on facebook for about a week as well, so maybe he just can't get onto the internet at the moment. I'll badger him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:46 am
Screw that. Why not throw a flaming bedroll at him for not posting his background & not being on the net for a while?  

Drag0nK1d

Archangel486

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:06 am
Fixed everything... I think. Added documentation in power list for racial power.

And yes, I headed east to tr and get to Colorado springs, which is going to end up being Tishmat. So I'll prolly be the greenest of the group.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:15 am
The only thing you forgot to add was your +2 to bluff & stealth checks in misc. Other than that, you're good.  

Drag0nK1d

Archangel486

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 am
Just fixed it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:51 am
Perfect.
By the way, question to joe. I'm not sure if there's a difference in racial skills & features between a snow & regular elf in 4e because when I tried as one when I played in 3.5e there was. If there isn't then I am considering modifying my race to snow-elf because I'll be the most snow-bound for being canadian.
This is only minor though, but I thought it'd make the most sense for my personality, so if it's too late, oh well.  

Drag0nK1d

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:20 pm
@ Dragon:
Well the only 3.5 I ever really used to play was Faerun, which was Sun, Moon, Wood and Wild Elf, so don't know what a Snow Elf if. =P If it's just asthetics, then go for it man! mrgreen

@ Angel:
How long were you travelling for? Have you been in this world long? A couple of years? A couple of weeks? Or was Tishmat literally a couple of hours walk from where "spawned"?

@ Everyone else:
Still waiting on Nayr. I've facebooked him, but I don't know if he's checked yet. Guess I'm gonna go ahead and suck it up, go to a shop, top up my phone, and call him. =P

Game will start Monday, Nayr or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:46 pm
I'm gonna say it was about a week's journey, long enough for me to get acquainted with my new body, my new gear, and almost use all of my rations. I'll have arrived in Tishmat a week after I dropped in, without having established much sentient contact at all. So I'll be quite green to this world.  

Archangel486

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:49 am
Sorry, didn't realise yesterday was Sunday when I posted that. Changed it to Wednesday to make it a bit more fair.

Also waiting for clarification from Arc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:10 am
So I'm not the only one that has derped here. Nice.
Also joe, in case you're wondering, for now I'm only going to use the snow-elf race as an aesthetic although I know for sure as hell the book that has snow-elf is involving some cold-climate world similar to how Warforged was exclusive to Eberron. Which book & if there's a similar one in 4e I dunno for sure.
If I can find the book I am referring to in 3.5e one of these days & you want to run 3.5e I'll run the controller I originally had when I started it (note I am cheap as hell as a controller especially with the ongoing damage [*cough* flaming leech as a frost mage]).
It's just an idea.
Edit: I might have botched. I'm having a feeling the race I was referring to might be arctic elf. I honestly don't know, & really, it doesn't matter but will fill my curiosity.  

Drag0nK1d

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:07 pm
I dunno, somebody who is present.

Drag0nK1d is thinking of the 3.5 supplement Frostburn, though warforged were never exclusive to Eberron. There are no climate-specific races in 4e, but Eladrin are more likely than elves to lean more to one element or another, particularly in terms of arcane magic.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff