Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Survivors (The Open World) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:35 am
Disciple of Sakura
Plainsfox
"If their last one is a cleric, then there are a few simple ways to deal with that. I say we send the remains of "Master" into the town and see what we dredge up!"

"That's one way to go about it - and the corpse is expendable as far as I'm concerned. But I think the general idea is to be a bit more subtle about it. Specifically, to let the hero not know that the Great Master and/or his followers are still around. If we were to use other monsters that were summoned, they might not be validly linked and the hero or heroes in the town might not suspect anything at all."

"Yes, but if the duration were to expire before the village surrendered, the whole place goes on high alert. If we went with the drow idea, it would look like they were doing it for themselves, and drow don't go back to an outer plane after a summoning spell ends."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:10 am
Well, then, why not lure him out with information? We have agreed that the hero left in town will be the main threat, right? We tell him that we need a hero's help to free them from the smashed dungeon, then lead him into an ambush.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 pm
"I could live with that. But we're adventurers ourselves, but maybe not heroes. What would make them believe we couldn't do it, especially when we have that?" Mehecuiatl gestures to the zombie dragon.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:23 pm
"Simple- take only half of us to pick him up. Say we're recruiting. Then we act more confident than we are, while the other half goes to set up a trap to beat the tar out of him. Use the old master dragon as a signpost, rather than a tool- now recruiting, hero wanted! We're approximately strong enough to handle THIS- are you?"  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Jacior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:50 pm
Seoarin stood where he was, after the person he'd asked about had left him him there. Now, how to draw this adventurer out? He thought to himself. Turning suddenly he grabbed the arm of the nearest person. "Where is your leader? Your mayor, or some suchness?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm
((I'm just waiting for all social things are over... Warhulk makes me horrible in them.))  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:16 pm
Jacior
Matthias stood where he was, after the person he'd asked about had left him him there. Now, how to draw this adventurer out? He thought to himself. Turning suddenly he grabbed the arm of the nearest person. "Where is your leader? Your mayor, or some suchness?"

"Oh, he got killed by the dragon. We've been an anarcho-syndicalist commune for weeks now. It's quite effective actually; without governmental influence, we've been able to run things fairly smoothly the way we think it should go. Every person in town has a say in our political affairs."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:03 pm
Seaorin stared at the man. "That's... odd. Well, gather up the townspeople then, actually everyone in the town. Have them meet at the edge of town, on the road leading towards the mountains, in say.... ten minutes." He says, tapping his fingers on the air, as if counting.

"Do it. My companions and I have an announcement to make there." He adds, then hurries through the town, back towards the hidden dragon and hopefully the rest of the survivors.  

Jacior

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Disciple of Sakura
Plainsfox
"If their last one is a cleric, then there are a few simple ways to deal with that. I say we send the remains of "Master" into the town and see what we dredge up!"

"That's one way to go about it - and the corpse is expendable as far as I'm concerned. But I think the general idea is to be a bit more subtle about it. Specifically, to let the hero not know that the Great Master and/or his followers are still around. If we were to use other monsters that were summoned, they might not be validly linked and the hero or heroes in the town might not suspect anything at all."

"Yes, but if the duration were to expire before the village surrendered, the whole place goes on high alert. If we went with the drow idea, it would look like they were doing it for themselves, and drow don't go back to an outer plane after a summoning spell ends."

"The whole point, as I originally suggested, is merely to give the illusion that there are monsters attacking the city, and to perhaps do some legitimate damage. The monsters' sole purpose would be to bring to us the most powerful protectors of the city, and then we would attack them with the element of surprise - as they'd be expecting certain monsters other than us. It's a diversionary tactic. The monsters need not remain longer than is necessary to bring out the warriors and lead them to believe that they face something other than us, and then we spring the trap."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:06 pm
"Er... are you not confident that we can just take them all out? If necessary? I mean, as skilled/unskilled labor goes, not to discount all of your argu-planning, zombies work about as well as commoners, with magic covering the rest. Both of those things are withing someone else's grasp. I'm just dumb muscle and you're giving me a headache, so if we could just run in like Seaorin did and start fighting, that would be swell. Okay?" Alaric took another few drinks to calm his aching head.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:15 pm
"Pfft. Kill it and make it zombies? Is that going to be the approach?" Mirqos scowled. "Heh. Someone's decided on a course of action for us.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 pm
The alcohol began to spread through Alaric's system, giving him a warm, fuzzy feeling in his head. He stood, shakily, and smiled. "Well. Alwaysh werked fer us before. I don't shee why it wouldn't werk now, eh?" He wiped off his upper lip, then smiled to himself. Horray. Maybe there'd be a fight soon. If not, maybe he could start one. A good fight never hurt anyone. Except whoever Alaric started fighting. They got hurt quite a bit.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 pm
"If all we wanted were laborers, then killing everything would be wonderful. I want power. You don't get that with mindless automatons. You get that through domination. Through tyranny. Through a populous that fears your name and worships you in spite of themselves. You get that by leaving them hopeless. You get that by murdering their champions before their eyes and demonstrating, beyond all doubt, that you are their new lords and masters. If all you want is to soak yourself to death with alcohol, then there's little difference, but some of us have loftier goals."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 pm
Disciple of Sakura
"If all we wanted were laborers, then killing everything would be wonderful. I want power. You don't get that with mindless automatons. You get that through domination. Through tyranny. Through a populous that fears your name and worships you in spite of themselves. You get that by leaving them hopeless. You get that by murdering their champions before their eyes and demonstrating, beyond all doubt, that you are their new lords and masters. If all you want is to soak yourself to death with alcohol, then there's little difference, but some of us have loftier goals."

"Yeesh. Hang up the catsuit, Kai. Monsters seem like a good idea, now that you mention it. Easier to hit them with a second wave right after the duration expires, too.

We aren't killing everyone because, like Kai said, we need power, not minions. I only wanted to kill a few people. Anyway, our goal is set, let's get ready."  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:38 pm
Eternality_Cannon
"Yeesh. Hang up the catsuit, Kai. Monsters seem like a good idea, now that you mention it. Easier to hit them with a second wave right after the duration expires, too.

We aren't killing everyone because, like Kai said, we need power, not minions. I only wanted to kill a few people. Anyway, our goal is set, let's get ready."

"I believe I am wearing a dragon suit."  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces