Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:56 pm
"As any Kaiu I find myself extremely interested in the crafts and engineering. I do find history interesting though as it does provide a timeline of the development of weapons and armour also why these developments were made. Though saying all this I do hole myself up in my workshop Lord Bayushi. I'm only here because my parents deemed it my time to gain some status and to be honest once again... I just feel uncomfortable in crowds or at parties." Replied Kagae while he watched the fight half heartedly as he pondered something.

"I wonder if they serve tea somewhere nearby..."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:12 pm
Kojiro sighed. "Our names belong to their ancestors. It is often their wish that we prove ourselves worthy of them. If you will excuse me, I shall see about that tea. I feel you have more to learn from this match than I.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:35 pm
"I'll agree to that." Commented Kagae as he watched the scorpion walk off to get some tea.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:19 pm
@ Martial Duel:

The Phoenix warrior would nod his head to Denbe. "They call me Isawa Sosuke. Despite my heritage though, I'm really a terrible shugenja. I made up for it with my skill in martial combat. I am a fan of demonstrations, so allow me the honor of giving you one." Smirking confidently, he would continue to rest his nagamaki over his shoulder as he took up an attack stance, slowly raising his off hand to grab the extended haft as he inched closer.

{Initiative of 19}

Maintaining his attack posture, he would step forth with one very large stride - only one - before arching his nagamaki up and back down in one massive, powerful swing! However, the nimble Hare Samurai is wise to the predictable swing, and is able to avoid it rather effortlessly! {Attack of 12, miss}

Denbe, you have initiative!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:28 pm
@ Go Competition:

Asahina Kenichi would nod at Kyumi's words, pausing once again to appraise the playing table. She just captured some of his pieces, which had given her a slight advantage.

"If you don't mind me asking... are you really a Lion? From what I've heard of your Clan, you're nothing like I expected you to be. This tournament is my first opportunity to interact with members of other clans, and all I have to go on is the words of my fellow Crane."

He would move his focus on another part of the board, giving the area Kyumi contested up in an effort to stake a new claim.

{Go check of 21 vs TN 15}  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 8, 10, 2, 1 Total: 35 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:01 pm
It was an honorable duel, and so Denbe returned in kind- just as soon as he'd ducked away from the broad stroke. Powerful- a display of how much damage he could do as a Bushi, even if it was not his families customary role. Impressive- if a bit sloppy.

"A bold stroke," he complimented as he swung his blade in return.

Favoring the opposite his opponent, Denbe took to accuracy- and precisely carved a gash into his foe. First blood was not most important, but it was a nice start.

[6k4 Attack: 37]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 5, 8, 5, 8, 1, 4, 1 Total: 32 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm
(First 2 dice are for exploding dice on attack)

[5k2 Damage: 13]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:20 pm
@ Martial Duels:

Denbe would deliver a cut that cleaved cleanly though the Isawa's armor, with some red dripping down from his chest and leaving him Grazed. "Very good, but don't count me out quite yet simply because I'm of the Phoenix. Now watch carefully, as I show you true mastery over one's Void!"

Letting out a kiai shout, he would focus his Void into his accuracy, his muscles tightening as he prepared for his attack! The air around the Phoenix would become superheated as he tensed, and swung horizontally with surprising speed! {Attack roll of 26 vs TN 24}

He would catch the Hare bushi off guard, delivering a massive wound to his opponent! {Denbe receives 20 damage and is Injured!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 8 10-sided dice: 1, 4, 3, 3, 1, 4, 5, 10 Total: 31 (8-80)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:38 pm
The small bushi stumbled under the force of the blow, clutching the wound and trying to circle away from any immediate follow up. That was a little much for even him to smile under. He winced in pain instead as he readied his sword again.

"Impressive."

No hedging around that. It'd hurt. But Denbe took it as a challenge- and he rose to it. Summoning the focus within his own void, he shut out the pain of the wounds and gripped his katana. With a battlecry of his own, Denbe took a second swing at Isawa.

[Denbe uses 1 Void Point!]
[6k4 Attack:14]

((My "in case of exploding dice" rolls were the high ones. =_____=))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:47 pm
@ Martial Duels:

Denbe would be bleeding pretty heavily from his wound, and was on the losing side of this fight. Sosuke would refocus his void to aid his reflexes and keep him safe, easily parrying the desperate katana swing with his own weapon.

"You're an excellent opponent to hone my skills against, Ujina Denbe. When I win, you'll come to terms that defeat was inevitable, like all my opponents." He would begin a flurry of quick thrusts with his nagamaki, forcing an exhausting Denbe to keep sidestepping to avoid getting himself skewered. {Attack roll of 16 vs TN 24, miss}

Denbe, you have initiative!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:13 pm
@ Courtier Debates:

"And what of the dealings of the Mantis? Have your people never once considered expanding beyond the coasts and nearby islands into further territories? I find that hard to believe. The Mantis has mostly stayed out of the affairs of the real Great Clans all these years not only by survival instinct, but most likely because they are taking this very opportunity to settle elsewhere; thus, proving the point that if we look outward, we might be looking inward so much." Doji Koan seemed uninterested in his tea at this point, as he was giving a dirty look to Yoritomo Hisashi out of the corner of his eye. {Courtier of 47 vs TN 10 (1 Raise) to challenge Hisashi's argument. Ide Jiro gains a free raise due to Koan's Voice advantage.}

Kan would clear his throat, reaching up to rub the unkempt stubble marring his jawline. "I'm not entirely sure Rokugan has the resources in this point and time to look elsewhere for new lands to take. Even if it's beneficial, our future is still cloudy and uncertain. Whether or not I agree with such an aggressive initiative, it shouldn't even be considered until we are in a secure position to do so." Kan would nod his head sagely several times, returning to his drink. {Courtier check of 25 vs TN 5}

"Mmmm... I don't think you should be so rough on our friend from the Yoritomo clan here, Koan-san. He's more learned than you give him credit for. Isn't that right, Hisashi-san?" Maru would lean forward, resting her elbows upon the table and her chin upon folded hands, giving both Hisashi and Koan an exact idea of how loosely her kimono was tied with a pair of eyefulls. "Recent events over the past couple decades have shown the Scorpion Clan that... well, frankly, there's no place like home. Take my word on it, that there's nothing out there that you'd want that you don't already have." {Deceit (Seduction) of 35 & 42 vs TN 15x2 (+5 for noncourtier, +5 for raise vs Hisashi & +5 for raise vs Koan, gaining 4 free raises vs the latter; both Hisashi and Koan have their TNs raised by 5.)

Ide Jiro, who was cursing the fact that he was on the wrong side of the table, was now eyeing Gemmei's now-empty seat. Thinking better of the situation, he decided not to waste his turn asking to change seats. "As the... ah... remaining Unicorn representative left at the table, I must confirm with the lovely Soshi Maru about her claims; the Burning Sands are nowhere we want to consider settling when we have perfectly good land here. Such rolling hills, such majestic mountains... don't you agree, boys?" He would smirk smugly. {Courtier, 22 vs TN 5}.

Yoritomo Hisashi, you're up! TNs increased to 10, though you got checked twice, and are rolling against TN 20!  
Psychofish rolled 8 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 6, 1, 10, 5, 6, 5 Total: 40 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:19 pm
"Perhaps. But I don't intend to be remembered as your easiest foe today."

Perhaps he was imagining the level of his plight, but Denbe understood that he was not at the advantage here. His wound was deeper than his opponent's. He had limited reserves left for the tournament, but if he did not win this round, holding them back meant nothing. It was an honorable fight; not one he felt shame in losing. But as Denbe said.

He didn't mean to simply hand it over while he still perceived a chance for victory.

Focusing his mind to hold out from the pain of his wounds a few moment's longer, Denbe abandoned his light footing and guard- and with a kiai shout of his own, threw his full body into a wild strike.

If he could land this one, maybe he'd turn it around.

[Full attack stance!]
[Use raises to increase damage by +1k1]
[Denbe uses a Void Point!
[6k4 Attack: 32]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 8 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 4, 3, 1, 2, 10, 5 Total: 34 (8-80)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:27 pm
[6k3 Damage: 14]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:27 pm
Kojiro will come back to the fight with a frown. I regret to inform you that there is no tea to be had now. Did I miss anything?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:18 pm
@ Martial Duel:

Denbe would barrel into his Phoenix opponent suddenly and without warning, delivering another slash that cut another c***k into Isawa Sosuke's armor, and into Sosuke himself; stepping back a step, he would clutch the wound at his side, now as Injured as Denbe.

Shifting his stance to an aggressive one, his Void would be channeled to be used offensively, bolstering his accuracy. "It was a good attempt, my friend. If I am to have any attempt at winning, though, I must give it my all as well. I thank you for this opportunity to prove myself."

Dropping his nagamaki, he would draw his katana to replace it, bowing to Ujina Denbe. He then spends a Void Point to overcome his wound penalties, before slashing with conviction to take down the Hare Clan samurai before the match can be delayed any further (using all 3 free raises to increase his attack roll). {39 to hit, chooses to keep 15 damage to knock Denbe into the Out condition}.

Flicking the blood off his blade, he would sheath it, before kneeling down to assist Ujina Denbe up and help carry him to where he could get medical attention. A servant of the Magistrates would grab the Phoenix's dropped larger weapon and follow shortly behind.

Winner: Isawa Sosuke

With things underway for the next battle, the next two warriors would be called forth: The Crane duelist, Kakita Zanzen, and his opponent, the Dragon swordsman, Mirumoto Sozen. The latter would take up his position, katana and wakizashi drawn and ready to rock. Several tattoos were displayed around his neck and arms, and there was undoubtably more beneath his armor. He stared down Zanzen with a cold determination in his eyes.

"It is time for us to pit our swordfighting styles against one another, Crane. Let's see if mastery over one blade can overcome mastery over two."

Kakita Zanzen, roll me some initiatives!

--------------------

As Kaiu Kagae would rest after his battle, he would be approached by someone he... recognized? Kuni Kaori would step close to him and bow in silence before him.

"... The Magistrates asked me to lend my healing services to the injured winners of the duels. May I tend to your wounds, Kagae-san?" the shugenja would ask, her appearance a stark difference to that of this morning when she had left the tent in a hurry. She appeared much less vulnerable and much more capable of handling herself... despite the numerous bandages that had been applied to her body.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff