Welcome to Gaia! ::

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Back to Guilds

Guild to teach, learn or talk about japanese language and culture 

Tags: Anime, Contest, Japanese, Giveaway, Free 

Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Why did/are you learning Japanese? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It was...
anime~ ;D
36%
 36%  [ 50 ]
other. ^w^
63%
 63%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 136

nekkajitge

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:09 pm
なぜか大切二思うほど傷つけてたり傷ついてる

.! I'm learning Japanese because I thought it would be good for me, since I'm already teaching myself Korean. Though my main reason was because I was also learning Korean I want to be able to watch jdramas and listen to jpop/jrock without needing English subs ore looking up the translation of the song. I though it'd also be good to learn a language that no one around me knows so when I feel like venting out my anger I can release it without getting in trouble.
blaugh !.

비가 떨어지니까 나도 떨어질 것 같아냐

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 pm
learning japanese because I'm going to school in Japan next year! heart  

CupcakeMilk

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:37 pm
The more languages I know they better!

Besides, I'd really love to visit Japan someday.

And no, I don't like anime :l  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:09 pm
I learned my first words from Japanese anime, but I did not start actively learning it until I wanted to actually visit Japan and talk to the people there.
Unfortunately, I've picked up the habit of screaming in Japanese if I'm overly happy or angry...  

-S-Dancing_Star-S-

Dangerous Hunter

5,600 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

ShiinaNinja

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 am
I started learning because I wanted to be able to listen to song and watch anime and stuff without subtitles. To me singing songs in japanese whilst understaning what it means helps
And my ds game My Japanese Coach.
I have a bad habit in which I don't call people idiots or say Are you stupid? instead I say baka or baka ne. It gets me a few weird looks when I yell it to someone across the street in town or school lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:58 pm
I'm learning Japanese because it's a strange culture, and they make really good anime/manga!

watashi wa Kanata Izumo to imasu! rofl  

Kanata Izumo

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 pm
Learning Japanese to get a better chance to communicate with my grandpa.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:13 am
I started learning Japanese because at that time I liked their historical culture and the anime. As I grew up and kept going through my classes and meeting other Japanese individuals my mind set changed from anime to the full enjoyment of their culture, the people,history, architecture and landscape. My mother encouraged it as well smile

I truly enjoy the language, and like to be able to talk to my Japanese friends not in English.  

[ Hoodie ]

Dapper Elocutionist

oMaori

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:17 pm
Im on my 3rd year of learning Japanese, and why im taking it is because I think it will be good to have on my C.V. and for communicating with people who can speak the language or who are.And maybe it was kind of the mang 8D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:51 pm
I'm learning because I'm fascinated by cultures and languages different than my own. I would love to learn every language out there but since I already have two under my belt (Spanish then English) I wanted to try a non Latin-based language for once and branch out from there. Japan in it's entirety has always fascinated me and I figured learning the language would really help when I went to visit to experience Japan first hand 3nodding  

ChileMuffin

Robotic Zamat

Fashionable Elocutionist

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:29 am
Hiya everyone!

I'm currently learning Japanese and German.

I'm learning Japanese for a number of reasons, really.

1. Anime/Manga (duh!!!)
2. It' s a lot like my native Hungarian, so it makes it a bit easier
3. I'd like to learning Korean and Chinese too, so I though it would be a good "kick off" into the oriental languages
4. it's a cool phonetical language
5. I really like the Japanese culture and the lanuage mirrors all the cool stuff in it!

smile

HUGZ!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 pm
When I first started learning, I did it to understand untranslated anime and manga. Now I do it because I love the language and culture and hope to go to Japan someday.  

Coromar

Newbie Noob

Captain Slow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm
When I learned that Japanese was offered at the high school I was going to attend, I desperately wanted to learn it so I could read manga in its original language and watch anime without subtitles.

I s**t you not. I was a freaking weaboo in Year 7.

Once I started learning the language though, I found a (career-related) benefit to having a second language so I kept going all through high school. At one point, I was going to become an interpreter, or a translator for a newspaper / magazine.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 pm
To become better at talking the language while having friends from Japan  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

A.I.Project

Blessed Gaian

6,825 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 am
I remember when I was really little (before I never was into anime/manga), i wanted to learn Japanese so I could play import only games from Japan. Then I wanted to learn it so I could watch anime without subs and being able to read manga raw but I've kinda grown out of both and I'm losing motivation for them. So now, I'm just learning it as a second language and so that I can communicate with Japanese people. It's also nice to be able to read the package labels for food. Really comes in handy when you're shopping at the Asian mart.  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff