Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Checking Interest: snow campaign "Ragnarok" 3.5 d&d Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Synyster Pope

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:58 pm
Here's my character. The only non-core book is Complete Warrior. I cited what I took from it on my sheet.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=168573  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:12 am
krahken
TryggR BallungR
Books used:
Complete Warrior
PhB1&2
Arms and equipment guide
Dungeon masters guide

Weird items and classes:
Exotic weapons master (complete warrior)
Acidic burst (Arms and equipment guide)
Fullblade (Arms and equipment guide)
Feats:
Flay (PHB2)
Lunging strke (PHB2)

Everything else is standard plus a background
Acidic burst details
Quote:
Acidic Burst: An acidic burst weapon functions as a
corrosive weapon (see below) that also explodes with
acid upon scoring a successful critical hit. The acid
does not harm the hands that hold the weapon.
Acidic burst weapons deal +1d10 points of bonus acid
damage on a successful critical hit. If the weapon’s
critical multiplier is ×3, add +2d10 points of bonus
acid damage instead, and if the multiplier is ×4, add
+3d10 points of bonus acid damage. Bows, crossbows,
CHAPTER 5: MAGIC ITEMS
and slings with this ability bestow the acid energy
upon their ammunition.

Exotic weapon master stunt details:
Quote:
Show Off: As a standard action, the character can display
his mastery with an exotic weapon and confound his opponent.
The character may make an Intimidate check against
a single opponent within 30 feet that can see him, adding
his base attack bonus to the result. If the result exceeds the
opponent’s modifi ed level check (see the skill description
on page 76 of the Player’s Handbook), the opponent becomes
shaken (–2 penalty on attack rolls, ability checks, and saving
throws) for 1 round per class level of the exotic weapon
master.
Trip Attack: The character can use a one-handed or twohanded
exotic weapon to make a trip attack. If he is tripped
during his own trip attempt, he can drop the weapon to
avoid being tripped. If the exotic weapon already allows
its wielder to make trip attacks, the character instead
adds a +2 bonus on any trip attempt.

so does that mean mines fine or not?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:30 am
A newly revised and completed Vidar!

Only used PHB, DMG and CW.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:52 pm
Sorry about that, i will get back to reviewing character sheets soon. I just have been busy (lazy) as of late.  

Shingami Hiroshi

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 pm
Well, it is the Thanksgiving holidays, so it's understandable to want not want to do much of anything. cool  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:06 am
Khraken - I started looking over your character sheet and need the resolve the follwing problems before I can finish.

1. I don't quite understand how you got your stats. The rolls you made were 13, 11, 13, 10, 11, 15, after dropping a 10. Even after the two attribute gains at 4 and 8, I don't see how you get your stats.

2. I am not familiar with the flay or lunging strike feat.

3. In order to give an item magical abilities it has to have a +1 magical enhancement bonus first (Also what is the quick release special property under the full plate).

I don't have the arms and equipment, but you are free to use both the Full blade and the acidic burst ability, as the full blade is simply a sword with the properties you listed and acidic burst is no diffrent than the other elemental buerts listed in DMG with the exception of damage type. You will have to give me the price of the sword however so I can add up you receipt (I will also go over your skills after I get the stats issue resolved). Nice character and feel free to add the exp bonus for your bio.  

Shingami Hiroshi

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:46 am
Bamaotaku - haha, I am surprised more guys didn't go the point buy path like you. I just need to clear a few problems...

1. simply I am not familiar with the changling ability to weapons or the dark leaf armor material. Mind explaing how they effect the object as well as its price. And my under standing of veil of storms and ring of mystic lightning is they increase the damge of spells dealing electric damage. if there is any more information you can share about them for me to get a better understading would apreciated, as well as their costs for receipt purposes.

2. I am also counting your skill ranks at 49 (8 survival + 8 spot + 8 profession + 8 listen + 8 concentration + 9 knowledge nature), However by my calculation you should only have 38 skill ranks (16 (1st lvl 4 * 4) + 16 (2-5 lvl 4 * 4) + 6 (6-8 lvl 2 * 3))

Thanks for taking the time to list the statistics of koren and you are free to add the bonus exp for your bio.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:51 am
I'll probably go over more character sheets when I am stuff with turkey. Happy Thanks giving!  

Shingami Hiroshi

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:42 am
Shingami Hiroshi
Bamaotaku - haha, I am surprised more guys didn't go the point buy path like you. I just need to clear a few problems...

1. simply I am not familiar with the changling ability to weapons or the dark leaf armor material. Mind explaing how they effect the object as well as its price. And my under standing of veil of storms and ring of mystic lightning is they increase the damge of spells dealing electric damage. if there is any more information you can share about them for me to get a better understading would apreciated, as well as their costs for receipt purposes.

2. I am also counting your skill ranks at 49 (8 survival + 8 spot + 8 profession + 8 listen + 8 concentration + 9 knowledge nature), However by my calculation you should only have 38 skill ranks (16 (1st lvl 4 * 4) + 16 (2-5 lvl 4 * 4) + 6 (6-8 lvl 2 * 3))

Thanks for taking the time to list the statistics of koren and you are free to add the bonus exp for your bio.

Well, seeing how no one else wanted to play a divine caster, I figured I'd better go with the method that guaranteed me at least an 18 in one stat. The rest were more secondary.

1. The changeling ability can only be used on spears, shortspears, or longspears, and all it does is allow the weapon to switch between the three different forms at will any number of times per day. Rather than have an enhancement bonus attributed to it, the ability simply adds 2,000 gp to the cost though I assumed it still needed to have a +1 enhancement, so it was factored in.

Darkleaf armor is a material out of the Arms and Equipment Guide. It costs +250 gp not including the cost to make the armor masterwork, so 450gp + original cost. It causes armor to weigh less therefore dropping it by a weight category (heavy armor now counts as medium, medium counts as light, but light is still light).

Your understanding of the two items is somewhat correct. Ring of Mystic Lightning has three charges which I expend prior to casting a spell. Depending on how many charges I spend, the next electrical spell I cast deals additional damage (1 charge-2d6, 2 charges-3d6, 3 charges-4d6). It costs 7,500 gp. Veil of Storms, on the other hand allows me to deal an additional 4d6 of electric damage to anyone that has already been dealt damage by an electric spell I cast. It also makes me immune to the "yellow" ability of any prismatic spell. The damage ability can only be used 3/day. The item costs 4,000 gp.

2. I'll check on the skill points.

UPDATE - Yeah, you forgot to add in my bonus skill points for being human. Four additional points at first level, and one additional point each other level. That should give me the additional eleven (4 (1st level) + 7 (2nd-8th level) = 11) to make 49.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:16 am
Shingami Hiroshi

Well for bam has being human been taken into account? +4 at level 1 +1 per level regardless.
Quote:
Khraken - I started looking over your character sheet and need the resolve the follwing problems before I can finish.

1. I don't quite understand how you got your stats. The rolls you made were 13, 11, 13, 10, 11, 15, after dropping a 10. Even after the two attribute gains at 4 and 8, I don't see how you get your stats.

2. I am not familiar with the flay or lunging strike feat.

3. In order to give an item magical abilities it has to have a +1 magical enhancement bonus first (Also what is the quick release special property under the full plate).

I don't have the arms and equipment, but you are free to use both the Full blade and the acidic burst ability, as the full blade is simply a sword with the properties you listed and acidic burst is no diffrent than the other elemental buerts listed in DMG with the exception of damage type. You will have to give me the price of the sword however so I can add up you receipt (I will also go over your skills after I get the stats issue resolved). Nice character and feel free to add the exp bonus for your bio.

Full blade costs 100gp
1. I rectified the problem with stats.
2 Details for the feat:
Quote:
Flay: When you use your Power Attack feat with a slashing or piercing weapon against a foe who lacks an armor bonus to AC, you inflict horrid pain on your target. If your attack hits, your opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+ your damage bonus from Power Attack on the strike). If this save fails, he takes a -2 penalty on attacks for 1 round.

Quote:
Lunging strike: As a full-round action, you can make a single strike with a 5-foot bonus to your attack's reach. This benefit applies to both armed and unarmed attacks, including touch attacks made to deliver spells.

3. Okay ill add the +1 i can afford it also the quick release was something my friend told me about so that armour can be removed in a quicker. But since i cant find the book where it's sourced from i'll remove.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:47 pm
Bamaotaku - AH I see, so thats what was missing from my math on your skills. While adding up your receipt I got...

4301 +1 Changeling spear ( 1 (spear short spear) + 300 (masterwork) + 2000 (+1 enhancement) 2000 (changeling ability))
5 Gp (5) Javelins
600 Gp Breast plate (200 (breast plate) + 250 (Dark leaf material) + 150 (masterwork))
257 Gp Heavy dark wood sheild
4000 Gp Bracers of armor +2
2500 Gp Boots of winterland
7500 Gp Ring of mystic lightning
4000 Gp veil of storms

= 23163

27000 - 23163 = 3837

Do you know of any thing I am forgetting to charge?

Also what are your forms on the spear? Your free to have it I would simply like to know.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:23 am
Yeah, I went back and double checked the prices. The cost for the Elven Darkleaf material is actually 2250 gp rather than just 250. I didn't have the info in front of me when I gave you the price earlier, that was my mistake.

The spear simply changes to either a shortspear (one handed/thrown weapon), a longspear (two handed reach weapon), or a regular spear (two handed/thrown weapon). Whichever I choose.  

bamaotaku
Crew

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:56 pm
Ok lazy weekend over, now begins procrastination week days. I am going to try to get this thing going by the week end, though I willl refrain from promising anything.

Bamaotaku: Ok everything looks good

Krahken: I ran into the following problems

By my calculation you should havea total of 33 skill ranks (8 (1st lvl fighter) + 10 (2-6 figher) + 4 (7-8 exotic weap mas) + 4 (human first lvl) + 7 (2-8 Human))

However I count Skill rank total of 39 (10 (5 ranks search (cc skill) + 10 (5 ranks survival (cc skill) + 5 (spot) + 11 (Intimidate) + 3 (craft weaponsmithing))

Your receipt also comes out as so (also missing weights in parenthesis)

18400 +1 Full blade Acedic burst (100Gp (fullblade) + 300Gp (master work) + 18000 (+1 enhancement, +2 ability acedic burst)
9170 +1 animated Heavy steel sheild (20 (heavy steel sheild) + 150 (master work) + 9000 (+1 Enhancement, +2 ability animated)
1500 Gp Full plate
2 Gp Dagger
8 Gp Locked gaunlets (5lb)
2 Gp Back pack
1 Gp Waterskin
1 sp Sack (.5lb)
1 sp Bed roll
35 sp 7 trail rations (7lb)

Total= 29084 Gp and 8 Sp

The +1 enhancement rule also applies to armor.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm
Ok lets try this again.  

Shingami Hiroshi

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out