Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Heavy Snowfall] Chapter 1: The Request Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iDragow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:17 pm
Finally beginning his turn on the ground, Vince wasn't feeling much like fighting. He had winded himself with all the physical exertion of breaking the red ant's grabs, and blood was flowing freely from serverl open wounds on his chest, arms, and legs.

Never the less, he still turned to face the smaller ant that was behind him. Pulling his right fist back, he launched it at the insect's mid-section with much more strength than it looked like his exhausted frame could muster.

However, he could tell that he missed when he never felt the connect between ant and fist. He quickly darted backwards, holding up his hands defensively to try and cover up his weak spots.

Quote:
Standard Action: Footwork Lure. 1d20(4)+7=11. Miss...
Move Action: Shift 1 square North-East.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:04 am
The combined efforts of Kardenn and Sovelian was more than a match for the ant, as it feel to the floor defeated. The last surviving member of this little group seemed to sense defeat, scurrying past Vince's fists and back up the tunnel it came from.

Initiative:
1. Vince: 16 damage, and bloodied.
2. Small Ant: IS GETTING AWAY!
3. Big Ants: 1[1S of Vince]:Oath'd, 27 damage and bloodied. 2[1N of Kardenn]: 18 damage and bloodied.
4. Big Red Ant: Grabbing, 27 damage and bloodied.
5. Kreil: Initiative.
6. Rorrick: 18 damage and bloodied.
7. Sovelian:
8. Kardenn: 21 damage and bloodied.

What do you do?  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 am
Kardenn was too busy sitting on the ground catching his breath to chase a little ant. "Let it go, what's the point in gettin' it?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 am
"We cannot allow it to scurry off for help, now can we?" Kreil stated before moving so he could see the small ant, then holding his sword out in front of him, his right hand resting on the flat of the blade with the other flat side of the sword facing toward the small ant. Radiant energy appeared from the engraving on the blade of his sword just above the hilt, and the attack shot at the small ant. Though the attack was with light, streaks of dark violet and black were plainly visible in that light, making it look rather odd. Unfortunately, the attack missed its mark, and Kreil cursed under his breath.

((Move Action: moving up to six squares in order to get the small ant in view))
((Minor Action: nada))
((Standard Action: Radiant Vengeance))
((Wis vs. Ref))
((Ranged 10))
((Attack Roll = 7... FML))

((Just thought I'd put in a little appropriate flavor for the Radiant Vengeance.))  

WingedDemonVM

lk333

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 am
Rorrick sayed "Kreil is right if that thing brings back more allies we will be in trouble." He chased after the ant drops his schimitar and reaches over his shoulder drawing out one of the javelins he has straped to his backpack. He carefully takes aim and heaves the javelin at the small ant.

Move Action: Move 5 squares to hopefully put ant into view.
Free Action: Drop Schimitar
Minor Action: Draw Javelin
Standard Action: Ranged Basic Attack against small ant
20 vs AC 5 Damage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 am
As Kreil missed the mark, Rorrick ran forward and threw a javelin, impaling the ant into the dirt.

The rest of you are left in the small anti chamber, what do you do?  

joe-dude667

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:18 pm
Kardenn clapped and said sarcastically, "Well done, now the ant won't tell all his ant friends about us...Ha!" He then held onto his warhammer and pushed it into the ground, slowly heaving himself off the floor. With a grunt, the Dwarf now once again stood up. Realising that his hammer was still shedding light, Kardenn smiled. He seemed to the rest of you to be a bit drunk, which is probably the reason he then headed off down the right tunnel at a slow, but purposeful pace. "Kardenn to the rescue!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 pm
Vince wa feeling lightheaded, and even swaying to the left and right a bit. He watched the paladin start heading down the right-side tunnel, and he held out a shaking hand in his direction. "I think we might want to rest for a bit... Heading into battle unprepared will not help out the captured brother..."

Staggering toward a near-by rock, he threw himself on the ground, leaning against it. It wasn't as comfortable as a pillow, but it was better than nothing.  

iDragow

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 pm
Sovelian pulls his goggles back to the top of his head, adjusting them as he hurries to stop Kardenn. "A short rest, dear friend, before we carry on. Sit. Relax. Sober up. We'll need your hammer anon."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 pm
Kreil made his way to the nearest wall. He stuck his sword into the ground then leaned against the wall, his eyes closed and looking like he was in pain. It was clear that he was putting as little weight as possible on his right leg, which seemed to be hurting him very badly.  

WingedDemonVM

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:25 pm
Turning round to see his Eladrin friend, Kardenn looked at him with stark blue eyes. "A rest you say? By Clanggedins hammer! We haven't got all day! But," And he narrows his eyes and looks around schneakily at this point, "I suppose I could, open another bottle o' wine. A rest it is then lads!" Kardenn then walks over and sits by Vince who is looking worse for wear. Taking out a fresh bottle of wine and relieving it of its cork, Kardenn downs a third of the bottle, before offering it to his companions.

Short Restings: Kardenn takes 3 healing surges to put him back on full, I have 8 remaining.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:37 pm
The human warrior turned to look at his allies, each in turn. He moved slowly, so as to try and keep his bloodloss to a minimum. Finally, his eyes stopped on Kreil.

"I noticed you had a limp when we were leaving the inn. Now I notice that it's gotten worse, and you're not putting any weight on the leg. Do you mind if I ask what happened?"

Quote:
Short Rest: Spend 2 Healing Surges to get back 12 HP, leaving me with 23. Surge total: 6

iDragow

lk333

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:37 pm
Rorrick Walked over to the ant that he impaled with his javelin and riped the weapon from the dead insect then after storeing the javelin with the others he picked up his schimitar that he had droped. Walking back to his group he leaned against a wall and started tending to his wounds as well as takeing a moment to relax. He looked at his comrades and said "after a quick rest we will continue our search."

Short Rest: Retreve Javelin and Schimitar Spend 2 surges bringing me back to full hp and leaveing me with 6 for the rest of the day.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 pm
"Indeed, indeed." Sovelian turns to help his friends in their recovery, doing whatever he can to put them all at ease.  

Dark Jono

Quotable Conversationalist

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Elocutionist 200

WingedDemonVM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 pm
Kreil gave Vince a short glance when asked what happened. Honestly, he didn't like to speak of how he injured his leg in the first place, and he had little intention of telling the whole story to anyone.

"I was careless on one of my first little solo adventures, and I was unable to get the wound properly cared for in time to avoid some degree of permanency to the injury," he replied. "It tends to hurt worse after I use it too much." Like when he gets into fights.

He sighed before pulling up the leg of his pants so Vince could see. There was quite a bit of deep, nasty, and painful-looking scarring around and above his knee. It looked like his leg had gotten caught in a rather well-made trap. Once Vince had ample opportunity to look, Kreil let his pants leg return to its normal state and tucked it into his boot again.

((... Don't think I need to do anything this rest. Nothing attacked me. *laughs*))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff