Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Foods You Miss From When You Were Little? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Food Types Missed
  Junk/Snack
  Cereal
  Candy
  Lunch/Dinner
View Results

Yana_bird

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 pm
I miss the Apples and Cinnamon Cream of Wheat. Nobody in MN still carries it and I've found it still in varaity packs out of state but I think they changed the recepie cry

:starts singing: Dunk-a-roos, Dunk-a-roos, you don't just eat, you Dunkaroos  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:14 am
The little hash brown sticks you would put on the silver tray and they would be greasy and crunchy but oh so good. Man what were those called?  

Gothic Star28

Cinka

Clean Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:24 am
I miss pops. Ya know that candy that popped in your mouth. I dont see those anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:00 pm
My grandma's special stuffed flank steak. I made it with her a few times but it's been so long I forgot most of the recipe.  

Battousai-nii

Crystalwolf78

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:04 pm
There was this candy called Bonkers!!! it had one flavor inside and another outside sometimes it was one flavor but more omffed but it was squared shapped and was good but when my bro had silver caps on his teeth they came off he couldnt have any till he lost the baby teeth withthe silver capps poor guy now its not around anymore DX  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm
Cinka
I miss pops. Ya know that candy that popped in your mouth. I dont see those anymore.

What are u talking about ?i saw some last week in a Wal-mart  

Crystalwolf78

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:43 pm
I miss SPACE FOOD STICKS!! heart
I LOVED those when I was a kid! I would have gobbled them down by the box if my mom would've let me! xd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:59 pm
does anyone remember a drink called surge? it was around 1996 or so, but it was soo good.
i also loved king vitamin cereal. i went looking for it a couple of years ago, but they were gone crying i think the worst cereal i can remember is kaboom. i think that is still around.
my mom always got berry berry kix; i think that was my favorite cereal when i was little. whee  

saruhaha724

Celtic Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:24 pm
Beautiful_Introvert
nothing taste the same as it used to...none of the hostess twinkie or cupcake snacks, certain cereals, and def not the fun dip packs or pop rocks for that matter. And I miss the original Doritos too!

I can't find these anywhere but I loved them as a snack as a kid...they're call Koala Yummies! They were a cookie filled with chocolate cream or vanilla I think. Oh and Dunkaroo's

Have seen the koala's around from time to time.

I myself miss the BlackJack gum and the gum that had squirts of squirt or 7up in the middle.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:58 pm
I have to blame this thread for making me go out and buy all the ingrediants for making puppy chow last night. I couldn't get that stuff out of my head after posting!

Oh, and for whoever loved space food- Hobby Lobby, of all places, sells it.  

charamath

ShinnyNeko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:09 pm
Azleen
charamath
I mostly miss the 'puppy chow' my old next door neighbor used to make- it was like chex mix with chocolate and peanut butter melted in, covered in powderd sugar...mmm

I also miss candy cigarettes, ring pops and whistle pops - always bought them from the gas station five miles away when we biked there.

I love puppy chow. I still make it sometimes and there are places where I buy it when I'm feeling lazy.

my grandma used to make puppy chow it was soooo good, ring pops are still pretty easy to find.., candy cigarettes, bubble gum cigarettes, fun dip, mom's stroganoff, surge & squirt, little chocolate filled kola cookies that we used to get at mc frugal's (i found them at the asian market reciently), ive been craving the oreo cereal for some odd reason and its nowhere to be found, tongue splashers bubble gum that came in a tiny paint can (usually from cracker barrel), and so much more im sure

but what scares me is when i was in walmart a few weeks ago i saw alphabits.. with a giant "NEW" fancy star shaped thing on the box, and i was like wtf? those arent new, and there used to be a marshmallow vowels option!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm
ShinnyNeko
Azleen
charamath
I mostly miss the 'puppy chow' my old next door neighbor used to make- it was like chex mix with chocolate and peanut butter melted in, covered in powderd sugar...mmm

I also miss candy cigarettes, ring pops and whistle pops - always bought them from the gas station five miles away when we biked there.

I love puppy chow. I still make it sometimes and there are places where I buy it when I'm feeling lazy.

my grandma used to make puppy chow it was soooo good, ring pops are still pretty easy to find.., candy cigarettes, bubble gum cigarettes, fun dip, mom's stroganoff, surge & squirt, little chocolate filled kola cookies that we used to get at mc frugal's (i found them at the asian market reciently), ive been craving the oreo cereal for some odd reason and its nowhere to be found, tongue splashers bubble gum that came in a tiny paint can (usually from cracker barrel), and so much more im sure

but what scares me is when i was in walmart a few weeks ago i saw alphabits.. with a giant "NEW" fancy star shaped thing on the box, and i was like wtf? those arent new, and there used to be a marshmallow vowels option!

Really? I always hated alphabet cereal...

My mother found out I was going to make puppy chow for my brother's party tommarow and got ticked off at me. Apparently she REALLY hates that stuff (which would explain why she never made it)  

charamath

Battousai-nii

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:16 am
Celtic Prince
Beautiful_Introvert
nothing taste the same as it used to...none of the hostess twinkie or cupcake snacks, certain cereals, and def not the fun dip packs or pop rocks for that matter. And I miss the original Doritos too!

I can't find these anywhere but I loved them as a snack as a kid...they're call Koala Yummies! They were a cookie filled with chocolate cream or vanilla I think. Oh and Dunkaroo's

Have seen the koala's around from time to time.

I myself miss the BlackJack gum and the gum that had squirts of squirt or 7up in the middle.
You can still get Blackjack gum at specialty candy stores. I really like the stuff myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Candy-Crate-Black-Jack-20ct/dp/B0007OVVZM  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 am
I miss the Smurf cereal. It had this smell to it that was delicious.  

rocksteadyandbebop

HelloKitty72

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:43 am
When I was a kid they used to make these carnation instant breakfast bars that looked like a brownie. Tasted great,too. They don't make em any more.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff