Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply The Vault
♡♡♡ I Love You, ATG! ♡♡♡ (A guild mini event!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whoooo do you loooove?
The ATG!
82%
 82%  [ 32 ]
Nobodies D:<
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 39

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:04 pm
Okay, Jaft, you're stuck on desserts, which can occaisonaly end up on another person in an erotic fashion.
And Inmate, why so anti-establishment? There are certain things we cannot obtain through our own means(like say, a delicious cake covered and infused with chocolate). Is the reason you're so bitter about it that you will be alone on V-Day?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:06 pm
Egg pie... OH man. =3  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Large Inmate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:13 pm
No the reason I am against it is because it's a worthless holiday meant to milk you of your money and brain wash you to think the word only special once a year.

I don't mind other holidays such as Easter, Christmas, the Jewish one I can't spell, ect. if you celebrate them for the right reasons.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:14 pm
So we can't celebrate V-Day for the right reasons?  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Large Inmate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:16 pm
What you consider buying chocolate and stuffing you face in honor of Valentine who was inprisoned because he couldn't be with the one he loved? So they wrote love letters back and forth.
I'm sure he'll be proud to know that's how you honor him.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:24 pm
Oh wow. I love how you assume. =3

Because everyone does that on Valentine's don't they?  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:25 pm
Again with the embittered reply. What exactly is your problem? So some people celebrate in an orgy of capitalism. So what. As long as people remember the actual purpose of Valentine's Day, and act on it, what do we care? Also, having a day for such things allows emotional midgets like myself to finally have a proper opening for a romantic interlude.
...Not that I have a girlfriend to do that with...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:01 pm
The words don't lie.
I've already told you my answer go read my previous posts.  

Large Inmate

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:11 pm
So what if the holiday got romanticized a bit. It is commercialized, yes, but it still encourages us to spend time with the one we love and prompts us to be more appreciative of the one we love. Yes, this should be an everyday thing, but the honest reality is that for most people it is not something done daily.

St. Valentine is dead. Long gone. But I'm sure he'd be happy to have his name attached to a holiday meant to promote love and happiness. Isn't that what saints liked (aside from the religion)? Peaceful happy people, showing kindness and love to one another? I think it is a good thing to promote.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:44 pm
You know Inmate, you make a lot of assumptions in your post. I refuse to let this holiday get me down just because I'm single and because its so "commercialized", instead I choose to make this day a day to remind my friends that hey, they may not have a significant other but they have my love. And its not like I don't do this everyday, hell I shout "I love you" at people all the freakin time, I think it just makes people feel nicer on this particular day since so much attention IS put on couples. And with that said

*clears throat*
Oh how I love thee ATG
I would not trade you even for a cookie!
and while I'm not as creative as your other members
I drown you in my love forever!
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:44 pm
Make that an audio and you may get something. =3  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 am
The holiday is not what's getting me down. I could care less that I have no significant other valentines day.  

Large Inmate

Any Topic Guild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 pm
I gave out prizes to all the people that were deserving. It's not too late to prove to me you luff me. ~ 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:08 pm
Birthday: Feb. 15
I'm here. There is your proof.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
... in case anyone cares...

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:12 pm
I don't know that I'm "deserving", but the fact that this is the first, and many days, ONLY place I go on Gaia says something, I think. This is my home and these my friends, and this my guild. I do belong to others, including several belonging to friends (Hi, Jaft, GRM, Shram, and Liz! ^_^)... but here is where I be. ^_^  
The Vault

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff