Reply T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.
Elfen Lied Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bollier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:29 pm
I bought this series without knowing anything about it. I plan on starting it as soon as I finish Escaflowne (I'm behind everyone else, I know). I only have 9 episodes of that left. Just curious... how graphic is this series? From what I'm reading, it seems pretty bloody.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:27 am
My goodness, you have no idea. Elfen Lied is one of the bloodiest most heart wrenching animes you'll ever watch. They throw violence about more than shoujo uses romance ^^;; Be warned, this series is phenominally graphic.  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

Undignified Indiana Joans
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:45 am
I have heard many positive things about this series, yet just as many negative as well. I'm very curious to give it a try myself, I really wish the manga would be picked up by someone here in America, I loathe reading scanlations D:

(Yen Press, plz? Or Del Rey? ;-; )

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:45 am
It was the series that jumpstarted my fandom back into anime. I'm VC of the Elfen Lied: Diclonius Sanctuary guild here on Gaia. biggrin  

Ethereal Cereal

MidBossVyers

Hallowed Sex Symbol

12,400 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:40 pm
King Progdor
It was the series that jumpstarted my fandom back into anime. I'm VC of the Elfen Lied: Diclonius Sanctuary guild here on Gaia. biggrin
Can I join? I wrote an Elfen Lied fanfic (crossing it over with Disgaea).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:50 pm
MidBossVyers
King Progdor
Can I join? I wrote an Elfen Lied fanfic (crossing it over with Disgaea).

Send an invite. xp  

Ethereal Cereal

bollier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:12 am
Cheremy LeBeau
My goodness, you have no idea. Elfen Lied is one of the bloodiest most heart wrenching animes you'll ever watch. They throw violence about more than shoujo uses romance ^^;; Be warned, this series is phenominally graphic.

Just finished watching the first five episodes, and I can seriously say this is by far the goriest anime I've seen. Those first five minutes of the first episode had me cringing (all the heads...). I don't like gore very much, yet I strangely like this anime.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:32 am
Hm, even though I love Higurashi to death, I just couldn't really get into Elfen Lied. Yeah, ecchi, violence up the wazoo and all that, but I couldn't really feel all the emotion. I never felt the slightest bit of sympathy for all those gut-ripping Diclo-whatsits. Does anyone think I should give it another try, or just move on to something else?  

Shezni

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 am
bollier
Just finished watching the first five episodes, and I can seriously say this is by far the goriest anime I've seen. Those first five minutes of the first episode had me cringing (all the heads...). I don't like gore very much, yet I strangely like this anime.

Hehe, exactly! I'm glad you like it though, despite all the gore. There seems to be a perfect balance of gore and storytelling, so we can't help our desire to know more.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:06 pm
I really didn't think there was all that much gore.
I wish it would have actually grossed me out.
=/
the anime was okay
but the manga is way better than the anime.

(LOL came into the conversation late)

cannibalistic watermelon

bollier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:26 am
Cheremy LeBeau
bollier

Hehe, exactly! I'm glad you like it though, despite all the gore. There seems to be a perfect balance of gore and storytelling, so we can't help our desire to know more.

Yeah. I just finished this anime, and I have to say it got a lot better at the end. I honestly loved the characters, and I think I will have that song that they play throughout the entire anime stuck in my head for the rest of the week.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 pm
Yeah, the music is fantastic! I mentioned this in a post aaaaages ago (might be on another thread actually) but I have a friend who can recite the Latin theme tune.  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

bollier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:24 am
Cheremy LeBeau
Yeah, the music is fantastic! I mentioned this in a post aaaaages ago (might be on another thread actually) but I have a friend who can recite the Latin theme tune.

That's really neat!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:32 pm
Hehe, I'll say! He burst into song when I first mentioned Elfen Lied in front of him. It was a bit weird actually XP  

Cheremy LeBeau
Captain

bollier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 am
Cheremy LeBeau
Hehe, I'll say! He burst into song when I first mentioned Elfen Lied in front of him. It was a bit weird actually XP

Were you in public? I'd love to see the reactions of those around you if you were! blaugh  
T.E.N.T.A.C.L.E.S.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff