Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
I'm bored, so let's talk about anything! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:10 pm
Darkerdemons

That works. biggrin

Not sure what I want to do for a Halloween avatar yet, so I'm just flying around for now. whee

I'm going to finish with midterms and then focus on Halloween avis  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:51 pm
PSST! There's another ad scam on Gaia under the guise of Adobe. I believe winsoftfirst is in the address now. Do not download. ~.~;  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:56 pm
Auriga La Shock

Smart thinking. Good luck on the midterms! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:57 pm
Althea Dawn
Shhhhh don't worry about it. emotion_hug

If you say so. ^^  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:57 pm
Auriga La Shock
Darkerdemons

That works. biggrin

Not sure what I want to do for a Halloween avatar yet, so I'm just flying around for now. whee

I offer you a smile to brighten your day.

Good luck!

~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Darkerdemons
Auriga La Shock

Smart thinking. Good luck on the midterms! 3nodding

lol Thanks ^^ It's going to be a long couple of weeks of papers and studying  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 pm
Althea Dawn

Good luck!

~

Thanks ^^ Just gotta keep up studying  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:21 pm
What ad blockers do you guys use - it works if you are not having a Gaia ad scam redirect you at least once a day? sweatdrop

No apps please. T.T  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Althea the Noble Seraph

Noble Friend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:00 pm
Darkerdemons
What ad blockers do you guys use - it works if you are not having a Gaia ad scam redirect you at least once a day? sweatdrop

No apps please. T.T

Sorry...I use adblock plus from the chrome store...but since you said no apps...I don't really know what to say. emo

~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:11 am
Althea Dawn

Sorry...I use adblock plus from the chrome store...but since you said no apps...I don't really know what to say. emo

~

I have another fried who uses an app adblock. They seem to work well for the ad scams on Gaia. whee

Will keep adblock plus in mind should I end up getting a new laptop. ^^  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Emberxylic Len

Ice-Cold Combatant

18,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:43 pm
Darkerdemons

No apps please. T.T

I'm using adblock super on google chrome but it's an app. sorry I couldn't help.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:53 pm
I'm managing a small Halloween party in one of my guilds. Something I'm interested in doing is a little "battle" tournament. It would probably be a single-elimination tournament. Trying to figure out how it would work though.

I'd like to use RN or dice, but not just a single roll to determine the winner. More like each player is given a starting health value and each roll by the opponent equates to health lost. The players would take turns rolling until one player is equal to or less than 0 health.

Have you seen anything like this in the forums?  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

kazeaka

Generous Swapper

12,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:48 pm
Darkerdemons
I'm managing a small Halloween party in one of my guilds. Something I'm interested in doing is a little "battle" tournament. It would probably be a single-elimination tournament. Trying to figure out how it would work though.

I'd like to use RN or dice, but not just a single roll to determine the winner. More like each player is given a starting health value and each roll by the opponent equates to health lost. The players would take turns rolling until one player is equal to or less than 0 health.

Have you seen anything like this in the forums?

That actually sounds like a fun idea. But how will you match the battle opponents if they are not on at the same time?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 pm
kazeaka

That actually sounds like a fun idea. But how will you match the battle opponents if they are not on at the same time?

It would be done in alternating posts whenever the users are online. Each user resumes wherever they left off. ^^

Quote:
E.g. If each player starts with 10 points of health and does a RN 0-5. (I'm calling the RNG as a roll for ease of posting).

User A rolls 5 against User B. B's health is at 5 points now. User A logs out of Gaia.

B rolls 2 against A. A's health is 8 points now. B cannot attack A until A rolls again.

A logs in to Gaia the next day and rolls a 1 against B. B's health is at 4 points now.

Does this make sense? sweatdrop

I'm leaning towards RN since 0 can mean the attack misses. Still playing around with the starting health value and max RN. Also testing out counterattacks and maybe one healing potion per user (roll to determine health restored). So far the counterattacks make things a bit too messy. whee

The guild is small, so it won't be as if a hundred people are in the tournament.

Using RN generator or some other randomizing method players will be listed into the single elimination format and the pairings will be posted. Since the users don't have to be on at the same time, each match proceeds when the players are ready.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

kazeaka

Generous Swapper

12,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 pm
Darkerdemons
kazeaka

It would be done in alternating posts whenever the users are online. Each user resumes wherever they left off. ^^

Quote:
E.g. If each player starts with 10 points of health and does a RN 0-5. (I'm calling the RNG as a roll for ease of posting).

User A rolls 5 against User B. B's health is at 5 points now. User A logs out of Gaia.

B rolls 2 against A. A's health is 8 points now. B cannot attack A until A rolls again.

A logs in to Gaia the next day and rolls a 1 against B. B's health is at 4 points now.

Does this make sense? sweatdrop

I'm leaning towards RN since 0 can mean the attack misses. Still playing around with the starting health value and max RN. Also testing out counterattacks and maybe one healing potion per user (roll to determine health restored). So far the counterattacks make things a bit too messy. whee

The guild is small, so it won't be as if a hundred people are in the tournament.

Using RN generator or some other randomizing method players will be listed into the single elimination format and the pairings will be posted. Since the users don't have to be on at the same time, each match proceeds when the players are ready.

Ah see I was wondering if there were going to be a lot of players. That would have been too overwhelming, I would think.  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games