Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:00 pm
Kyouya watched quietly, spending more time studying the Mantis than actually watching Kaichiyo cook. The woman looked positively vexed, and it brought a smile to the Scorpion's lips. There were a few blinks before she looked around, realizing it was quite dark and that Naohiko still wasn't about.

"I've lost my pet," she mused to herself, tapping her fan lightly against her arm. She thought against going to him, instead simply approaching the cooking station proper as if she had just arrived. "Kaichiyo-chan~" she sang pleasantly. "Have you seen Naohiko about? He ran off some time ago."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:21 pm
Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 3 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (1 hour, TN 25), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15), 2 success, 3 raises, 2 hours, Project Complete
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20), 2 successes 2-1 raises 2 hours, Project Complete

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 3 hours, Project Completed
Tamori Aritomo - Failed
Yoritomo Kiyonobu - Failed

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 4 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 3 success 4 raises 3 hours, Project Completed

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 2 raises 4 hours, Project Completed

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 6 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 2 hours, Project Completed

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15), RAGEQUIT
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15), unable to compete.

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 9 successes 5 raises 9 hours
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 6 successes 0 raises 9 hours
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 7 success 0 raises 9 hours
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 2 success, 0 raises, 6 hours, Conceded
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)
, 1 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Conceded.

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 6 successes, 5-4 raises, 9+4 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), 4 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Project Complete

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 0 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 3 successes 0 raises 7 hours, Project Complete???

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10), 1 success 3 raises 1 hour, Project Completed

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 4 successes 3-1 raises 5+1 hours, Project Complete

--------------------

HOUR 9

@ Smithing:

With a specific sheath in mind, you send Ryoji to get the material you needed. While you debated on the appropriateness of a sheath, that divine inspiration came to you for the idea of one, and that the Crane would probably appreciate a more ostentatious display while other clans would probably frown upon it. You begin working on one that you think will fit the bill, happy with how it came along.

You are the only one who makes progress this hour though; Doji Kioko shows up with a few other Crane to check on the progress, and it apparently throws off the A-game of the others. She promises to return in an hour's time.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

She would nod humbly. "R-right, Na... Samurai-sama," should would respond, correcting herself. Closing her eyes and taking a breath, she would then instruct, "Please, follow me."

Yeah, you don't recognize her. But you almost feel as if you should. It's the darndest thing.

While being led to your destination, the cute girl still holding the items in hfer arms, you come across a familiar face that you do remember. At the intersection of two halls, Asahina Masanori, along with some other Crane gentleman of no import, would light up when he saw you.

"Oh! Himura-san! I've been searching for you! No one in the castle could find you!" Kioko's friend and aide would squeak. "We've been by twice to judge but neither you nor Shosuro-san were with your project!"

The girl would wait quietly, without saying anything.

--------------------

@ Cooking:

Kaichiyo, you're feeling fine!

Kyouya pays you a visit, and apparently Naohiko is AWOL. Lovely.

After that scene is potentially resolved... (the above will be un-quoted when the Kyouya/Kaichiyo scene resolves; ignore it until then)

Quote:
See my following post.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 14 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 1, 1, 6, 9, 3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 6, 10, 6 Total: 59 (14-140)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:07 pm
This girl who should be familiar was almost too familiar with Naohiko. She nearly addressed him by his given name. Naohiko doubted he gave it to her here. It was a short list of women at Kyuden Doji who would think to address him so closely....unless his body chose to do things while his mind were asleep. Naohiko's libido was saddened because now Naohiko mind exerted full control, lest this become a wrath of Haruka level problem...or worse. Naohiko did his best to discretely ascertain the items the girl was holding.

However, at some point they came across Asahina Masanori and his assistant.The Kraken would politely dismiss the girl. "Thank you for leading me this far." Naohiko would then bow towards the Asahina and the other Crane as the girl hopefully departed.

"Ah. Asahina-san! " Naohiko called out in response. "I had thought that Himura-hime might have need for me when she returned from the fishing expedition. Such was not the case." The Kraken shrugged and then bowed again. He had inadvertently made Kioko wait TWICE. Who knows what wrath that might have engendered, given her display with the Dragon. As he moved towards the workshop that he and Kyouya had used, the Kraken commented. "I am sorry I was unable to catch Doji-hime and yourself earlier. Hopefully our project warrants such interest.

OOC:
Investigation/Perception 4k2 w/2 dice to handle explosions (First six)
Reason: Examining the items in the girl's hands.
Raises called: 1 to be discrete about it.
Results: 8-5=3
Awareness/Etiquette 5k3w/ 3 dice to handle explosions (Last eight)
Reason: To help smooth over any ill feeling Naohiko or Kyouya may have caused
1 raise called to bring attention to similarities between Naohiko's and Masanori's percieved roles in regards to their princess.
Results: 9-5= 4  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:12 pm
Oh she would have been flipping a knife right in tune with that ridiculous woman if she hadn't been so busy recovering from her overtly obvious sabotage. The sushi was delicious, but with the added cumin it was by no means able to compete with the likes of Sawao, or even Kazu apparently. For once she was glad she hadn't made a fugu dish. Everything that man did was stealthy. Showing him up at his apparent specialty sounded dangerous. And show him up she did. She had to hand it to herself, from presentation to flavor, this dish put her sushi to shame. If only barely. It was sure to win!

She perked up at the sound of a familiar voice, and turned to give the woman a bright smile, possibly mostly to hide her renewed lust at the sight of those-... ahem. A smile that faded rather quickly as she heard what the woman had to say. "Oh, hello Shosuro-san. He hasn't come here, no. Is this where he said he was going?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:15 pm
Kyouya was quickly distracted by the display. It was nice indeed. She wouldn't have voted against her cousin, but it seems the Kraken weren't to be underestimated.

In trivial matters anyway.

She leaned over the food, enjoying the aroma and the display before looking up at the princess and straightening, then promptly moving to the side as the Doji approached. "No, he ran off to check on you, but I don't know where he ran to."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:30 pm
@ Cooking:

Doji Kioko shows up, with a few other Crane (including a scribe). She smiles politely at each of you, before addressing the room. "Hello. I have it on good authority that everyone's meals are ready to be sampled?"

Sawao would smile in return and nod her head in acknowledgement. "Your timing is impeccable, Kioko-hime. I'm pretty sure we're all ready to go. And I think you'll be pleasantly surprised." Sawao would shift ever so slightly, and add "For the most part." She and Kioko would share a couple moments in silence observing one another. lol Doji courtier rank 2.

"That's fantastic news. I can't wait to see what you all have for me~" Kioko would finally respond. "Now, who's shall I sample first?"

Kaichiyo, if you want to jockey for order or do any selling of your own meal, courtier Kioko up!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 7 10-sided dice: 2, 9, 8, 8, 1, 5, 4 Total: 37 (7-70)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:50 pm
@ SMITHING FINAL ROUND, FIGHT!

Sheathe, check. Weapon itself, check. Setsuna fed and taken for walkies, check. Everything nice and neatly packaged? In progress.

Gendo was essentially finished, just the last run of polishing for both the jitte and the wooden sheathe, as well as final designs and the last run over to make sure everything is secured tightly.

Weaponsmithing/Int - 5k3+2 - Hour 10 of 10
TN 25 - 2 Raise Called: 27  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:43 am
"Ah... well I'm sure he can't have gone far. I'll look for him when the judging is complete. Thank you for letting me know." she responded to Kyouya, a bit quietly so as not to disturb the two Doji. Even if most of what they were doing was just... staring silently at each other. Weird. Well when they were done with that, since nobody else seemed to be speaking up, she would be the first to speak, though not to claim the first sampling. Humility with a bit of showmanship was her grandfather's specialty after all~ "I could hardly place myself above the Great Clans. But since it's probably safe to assume the refined Doji Sawao-san will grant me guest's privileges regardless, I suppose that means I'll be second to last."

She gave a respectful nod and measured look to Sawao to see if her assumptions were well-received or not. It was a fairly safe bet they would be but... you never know with Cranes. Selling of her meal would come when it was her turn.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:27 pm
Projects
Brewing Group:
Ikoma Ryobe (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 3 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Cooking Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (1 hour, TN 25), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Doji Sawao (2 hours, TN 15), 2 success, 3 raises, 2 hours, Project Complete
Yoritomo Satoko (1 hour, TN 15), 1 success 0 raises 1 hour, Project Complete
Shosuro Kazu (2 hours, TN 20), 2 successes 2-1 raises 2 hours, Project Complete

Fishing Group:
Himura Kaichiyo (3 hours'ish TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 3 hours, Project Completed
Tamori Aritomo - Failed
Yoritomo Kiyonobu - Failed

Gamemaking Group:
Doji Ryoichi (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 4 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Gardening Group:
Shosuro Hyobe (3 hours, TN 10), 3 success 4 raises 3 hours, Project Completed

Instrument Making Group:
Agasha Mai (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 2 raises 4 hours, Project Completed

Mask Making Group:
Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo (6 hours, TN 15), 6 successes 6 raises 6 hours, Project Completed

Papermaking Group:
Himura Naohiko & Shosuro Kyouya (2 hours/5 sheets, TN 15) 2 successes 0 raises 2 hours, Project Completed

Pottery Group:
Togashi Yoshike (2 hours, TN 15), RAGEQUIT
Kitsune Ippei (2 hours, TN 15), unable to compete.

Smithing Group:
Himura Gendo (10 hours, TN 15), 9 successes 5 raises 9 hours
Hiruma Shigemasa (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 6 successes 0 raises 9 hours
Kakita Otsu (33 hours (showpiece), TN 25), 7 success 0 raises 9 hours
Yoritomo Katsue (10 hours (showpiece), TN 20), 2 success, 0 raises, 6 hours, Conceded
Moto Guntomar (42 hours, showpiece), TN 30)
, 1 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Conceded.

Stonecarving Group:
Kaiu Taniko (17 hours, TN 20), 6 successes, 5-4 raises, 9+4 hours
Isawa Kasuga (6 hours, TN 15), 4 successes 0 raises 6 hours, Project Complete

Tailoring Group:
Ikoma Tadao (4 hours, TN 15), 3 successes 0 raises 4 hours, Project Complete

Toku Seiichi Group:
Toku Seiichi (Toku hours, TN Seiichi), 3 successes 0 raises 7 hours, Project Complete???

Toy Making Group:
Morito Denbe (1 hour, TN 10), 1 success 3 raises 1 hour, Project Completed

Woodcarving Group:
Yogo Bakin (6 hours, TN 15) 4 successes 3-1 raises 5+1 hours, Project Complete

--------------------

@ Smithing:

As soon as the cooking gets judged, we'll bump it up that final hour. Hold tight!

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The girl would pause, looking back at Naohiko. "O-of course, samurai-sama." She would linger, looking at Naohiko for a bit longer, until noticing a glance from the Asahina. Reddening slightly, she would turn and hurry off.

Naohiko, the result of your examination: She has a nice rack... for a peasant. You're pretty sure everyone saw you ogling her, though.

You try then to apologize to Asahina Masanori. "Oh, uh... I suppose that makes sense. What, with the horrible maiming that happened on that ship. I don't blame you for the concern," he would respond, waving off your apology. Apparently, he understands! Sort of! "So when should we expect you to be near your project? Kioko-hime is currently judging some others right now, and I'm just trying to coordinate with her."

Naohiko, the result of your apology: Masanori misinterprets your explanation.

--------------------

@ Cooking:

"That works for me," Sawao would comment in response, smiling somewhat smugly, "I believe my meal has the largest spread. I had fully intended to go last from the start. If Kioko-hime had her fill before she got to any of you, now, that just wouldn't be fair."

It was hard to gauge if that was her boasting, or being humble. Sawao made it really difficult to tell.

Satoko opened her mouth to speak, but was quickly interrupted. "I'll go first," Kazu would say.

"Wh- hey! Why do you get to go first? Ladies first!" Satoko would respond. Kioko's fan would come out and she would observe.

"I'm afraid I must," Kazu would respond, without a hint of emotion in his voice.

"Sorry, that doesn't cut it for me. You're just trying to leave the best first impression. Sorry, friend, but no dice. I-

"Fugu is a delicate dish intended for a refined pallet. If Kioko-sama were to have mine after anyone else's, it would greatly diminish the impact of the prepared meal and do great dishonor to the fish who gave its life so a princess could perhaps enjoy a true delicacy." Turning his head to give Kaichiyo a look the side and suggest a look in Kaichiyo's direction through his bandana, he would add "Ask your friend for confirmation. The heir to Himura Haruka would know all about it."

Satoko would grit her teeth. "That. Won't. Be. Necessary."

Kioko's fan would snap shut. "Fantastic. I'm glad it was worked out," Kioko would say with a gleeful smile, before making her way towards Kazu, her elaborate winter kimono flowing like water as she walked.

"A simple dish of fugu. Minimalist in arrangement, it is meant to encourage the full focus of your sense of taste to the fish itself." Kazu would bow to Kioko, as she took up a slice of the fish meat with two chopsticks, carefully bringing it to her mouth to taste it.

"I can understand your insistence on going first. I actually haven't had fugu in years," she would explain. "Even as a Crane, I might have missed some of the intricacies in the taste of this dish. It's really quite exquisite, Kazu-san." Kazu would say no more, and simply bow.

GRADE: 4.5

Next, Kioko would head over to the Yoritomo. "And what does the Mantis have for me, this evening? It certainly smells..... I'm not sure how I would describe it, exactly." Kioko would strain to not wrinkle her nose, but it apparently wasn't easy.

"I made stew!" Satoko would proclaim, with perhaps a bit too much pride.

"... and?"

Satoko would blink, her smile fading. "Erm... well... it's..." She would look to her pot, then back at Kioko, then back to the pot. "What's there to say? It's mostly, 'throw things into a pot and boil it and hope for the best'. Usually a hit-or-miss thing for most of us Mantis."

"Mm. I have to say, your presentation leaves much to be desired," Kioko would say to her flatly. Satoko's heart seemed to sink a little bit more... but she would perk up.

"Oh! But please, try some, Kioko-sama! I guarantee you'll like it, this batch came out pretty oka- I mean, pretty good!" Satoko would grab a bowl and pour the thick mixture into it using her ladle, and offer it forward to Kioko. "It's been simmering so it's still a little hot, but only just."

Looking dubiously at the Yoritomo, Kioko would take the spoon set beside the bowl and bring some of the stew to her lips, mulling over it for a few moments. "I suppose it has its merits in terms of adequacy. I can see myself eating this if my only other choice was starving to death." And Kioko would turn and approach Kaichiyo.

GRADE: 3.0

Satoko would be wide-eyed, a bit aghast at the blatancy of her judgement, in a mix of horror and anger which seemed to have left her dumbstruck.

"And how about you, Himura-san?" Kioko would smile sweetly at you, Kaichiyo.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:01 am
The little princess nodded, relieved her assumptions were correct, and leaned back to watch the show. And oh what a show it was. To see both Kazu and Kioko humiliate the crazed woman... oh she could die happy now. It was quite the challenge to keep the smile on her lips from showing too much. A challenge that required she turn to face Kyouya and pretend they were talking, granting only the Scorpion girl a look into her vindicated glee. At least it allowed her to recover in time for her turn, though she did seem just a little more happy and musical than normal. Which really was saying something, considering how cheerful and musical she was normally.

"Much obliged~" she stated with a little flourish of a bow before setting the plate down in front of them so its divine aroma could have that proper 'wafting in' effect, the hook designed to reel her senses out of the cold winter lands and into the warm, citrus-infused tropics. "Much as it would have delighted me to showcase the Kraken's signature dish alongside such a worthy competitor as Kazu-san here, such a climactic event shall have to wait for an actual cooking contest. For this one I have put some extra challenge upon myself. A display of the Craft of the meal, rather than the cooking itself. This fine specimen of a mackerel I caught today in these very waters, prepared fresh and uncured in this very kitchen, and the ingredients are items that I collected and prepared myself on Megumi Tenpi. Not a delicacy, but the fruits of passion for this fine Craft, from start to finish. Sure to take you away from this white chill and into the warm glow of the tropical sun."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:05 am
Naohiko groaned inwardly as he debated what to do. Then things became clear."If Himura-hime may need me, I should find her then. I'm sure she's alright though. No, I guess I will not be near our project. " Naohiko says with a deep frown. "With your leave?" The Kraken would wait until he was bid to go and then he would set off, following the path that the servant girl took.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:05 pm
Plainsfox
Naohiko groaned inwardly as he debated what to do. Then things became clear."If Himura-hime may need me, I should find her then. I'm sure she's alright though. No, I guess I will not be near our project. " Naohiko says with a deep frown. "With your leave?" The Kraken would wait until he was bid to go and then he would set off, following the path that the servant girl took.

Give me an Awareness/Sincerity (Deceit) roll to go with that, good sir.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 10, 5, 4, 6, 5 Total: 34 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:16 pm
Awareness/Sincerity (deceit) 1 void roll used 4k3 w/2 dice to handle explosions
Results: 25  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:29 pm
@ Cooking:

"Caught yourself? Intriguing," Kioko would respond. "Though I don't know why you simply would not have asked for the very best fish we had available for you, like Sawao-san and Kazu-san have done. Unless you think anything less than the very best is suitable for me?"

Without waiting for a response, she would pick up nearby chopsticks, and examine the dish. "The presentation is very nice. I could see this being offered to esteemed guests from abroad." She would take a bit of the fish and bring it to her mouth.

"For the quality of fish, you did splendid work with it. The marinade really accentuates the grilled meat. I wonder if most colonials eat this well on a frequent basis."

Dabbing her lips with a kerchief, she would look Kaichiyo in the eye. "For what you had available, you did a splendid job. But I'm left wondering how much more you could have done with better quality fish." Then she would turn and approach Sawao's station.

GRADE: 3.5

After a bit of exchange with her clanmate, and only sampling a fraction of Sawao's total meal, and the two would exchange a few words and laughs with one another, before Kioko would leave.

GRADE: 4.5

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Masanori would frown as well. "I hope this wasn't an excuse to use the Crane's good graces and trust for personal acquisition..." He would close his eyes and slightly shake his head. "If you feel you must check up on Kaichiyo-san, then do as you must."

He seemed confused by your sudden alarm, but you seem to have permission to go.

Though the girl seems to have quickened her pace, it's not that hard to catch up to her after a minute, as she seems to be heading towards a part of the castle you haven't been to before.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 6, 5, 1, 2 Total: 22 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:46 pm
Naohiko nodded solemnly as he left Asahina Masanori's company. With all the intrigues and other business going Naohiko thought he should discover the serving girl's mystery while he could. The Kraken would see what he could do to bluff the girl out of information. He would walk along side her and said, " So, how long has it been since we've last seen each other? I can honestly say I'm surprised to see you here."

"If you like, I'll carry your package for you while we go to where you need to be" the Kraken shrugged.

OOC:
Perception/Investigation (Interrogation)
4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Results:13  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games