Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Memorable Threads
Looool I've been reported, guise! [The epilogue to "iPhone"] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 35

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:52 am
[Harakiri]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hm, the mac I had was User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I still don't think so. I'm going by use-ability for regular people. I always had a hard time finding stuff I was looking for when I had a Mac. PC's are just easier to use. xD You gotta be really smart to use a Mac (save for that psycho. xD ) and I just can't do it. Also the internet on it sucked. We had one of those ...air-ports I want to call it? xD Not sure what exactly.
The only thing I really like from Mac was when iTunes was only on Macs. The original iTunes was the s**t. <3

My mom's exboyfriend was a Mac-sheep, and it's funny because he was a freelance photographer. All he used it for was art. It couldn't do anything else when my mom and I tried to use it. D:

But well, I don't really want to get into this huge argument over which is better because that all depends on the person. The average person will prefer PCs because a 5 year old could figure it out. xD; I like things I'm going to use for enjoyment to be really, really, really easy to use. o_o;

I actually find your argument really bizarre because one of the things about Macs is that they're really easy to use - much easier than PCs. o_O They actually get CRITISIZED over that quite often because people think it makes them more simple, even though that's not true.

Also, one of the biggest reasons why PCs are so widely used is because Mac made a mistake early on - they gave discounts and such to schools, thinking that people would want to keep using the computers they grew up with. Windows, on the other hand, gave discounts to businesses, thinking that people would like to have the same computer they had at work. Turns out Windows was right.

I've never known anyone before who couldn't just pick up a Mac and use it without any trouble. I don't see what so hard about it. XD But, each to his own. I just don't like to see people dissing Mac. :B Even as a hardcore Mac user, I never just diss PCs. If someone else disses Mac, I defend, but that's it. @_@  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:55 am
Muskratio
But, each to his own. I just don't like to see people dissing Mac. :B Even as a hardcore Mac user, I never just diss PCs. If someone else disses Mac, I defend, but that's it. @_@

See, this is what most Mac users don't do xD
    I've always said each to their own. I prefer PCs because I find them to make more sense, and I can customise it to how I like. But most Mac users refuse to believe that Macs are less superior to any other computer. Which is why I think most people hate on Macs. Not because of the machines, but because of the over-obsessed users.

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:57 am
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
I would just like to say that not all Mac users are that stupid, ignorant, naive, and volatile. D: He's a bad egg, really! You get them with everything!! D:

There also seems to be a lot of Mac hate going on here. T__T People think it's cool to dislike Mac now because it's becoming more mainstream, and there are lots of people who likes to think they don't "conform".
Naturally, that's not all. But it seems to me that's a lot of it. People thought iPods were great until they started getting too popular. Now people have started dissing them for things that are frankly untrue.

I personally don't actually like the iPhone, believe it or not. XD I mean, some bits of it are REALLY DAMN COOL, like the touch screen and how it works (I have a friend who has one) but... I like my phone to be a phone. I'm not even very fond of the idea of a camera phone, so one with all those features is a little off-putting to me. It looks cool, it works, it doesn't break easily (and neither do iPods, despite was is apparantly popular belief), but it's too much for me. @_@

MACS in general, though, are great. I think we can all safely say that no school computer is EVER a good basis for judgement, because they almost always have minimum RAM, hard drive space, and memory, which means they generally run far more poorly than they should anyway.

@Lici: I don't want a thread so filled with Mac hate in the memorable threads. D: I mean, yeah, that guy was a ******** moron, but a thread where pretty much everyone just sits around dissing Macs (or at least, for part of it) doesn't sit right with me. And it's not because it's Macs - I'd feel the same about anything. @_@ 'Course, you're the captain, it's your decision. :B

Oh I'm not saying all Mac users are like that. That's why I called him a Mac-sheep xD He's one of those users that thinks Macs are better no matter what.

My computer has plenty of RAM and HDD space B) Though HDDs have nothing to do with how good a computer runs. That depends on your RAM, CPU and mobo. Which I why I prefer PCs, because I build my own that kick arse over everything else :B

And there wasn't really Mac-hate in that thread at all xD I just pointed out why I think Nokia make better phones :B He's the one that made it all personal about Macs. And that's why I called him a Mac-sheep xD
Interestingly, I have a 1985 Macintosh computer (called a Mac Plus) that has 2MB of harddrive space. And that's only because my parents upgraded from 1MB. It still works perfectly (except the c key sticks a little) despite having sat in a leaky, musty basement for about nine years. It doesn't DO much, obviously, but I have some great games for it. XD

But yeah, if you're someone who is a hardcore gamer, PCs are probably the better choice for a variety of reasons. Companies just don't put out as many games for Mac, and Virtual PC slows things down if the game is really complaex. It's not Mac's fault - it's the gaming companies'. But that's slowly being fixed. :B

So yeah, I know you prefer PCs and I think you have valid reasons. XD
BUT iPODS ARE BETTER THAN... Zunes or whatever the hell they're called. People gotta admit that, at least. XDD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:00 am
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
But, each to his own. I just don't like to see people dissing Mac. :B Even as a hardcore Mac user, I never just diss PCs. If someone else disses Mac, I defend, but that's it. @_@

I've always said each to their own. I prefer PCs because I find them to make more sense, and I can customise it to how I like. But most Mac users refuse to believe that Macs are less superior to any other computer. Which is why I think most people hate on Macs. Not because of the machines, but because of the over-obsessed users.
Well... I think that's a pretty big generalization. I mean, Mac users HAVE to be a little more zealous in a way, because they tend to get attacked. I know this from personal experience. I'm always getting "Why do you have a Mac? God, Macs suck!" from people who wouldn't know the difference anyway. Lots of people just get into the habit of defending themselves too much. @_@  

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:02 am
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
I would just like to say that not all Mac users are that stupid, ignorant, naive, and volatile. D: He's a bad egg, really! You get them with everything!! D:

There also seems to be a lot of Mac hate going on here. T__T People think it's cool to dislike Mac now because it's becoming more mainstream, and there are lots of people who likes to think they don't "conform".
Naturally, that's not all. But it seems to me that's a lot of it. People thought iPods were great until they started getting too popular. Now people have started dissing them for things that are frankly untrue.

I personally don't actually like the iPhone, believe it or not. XD I mean, some bits of it are REALLY DAMN COOL, like the touch screen and how it works (I have a friend who has one) but... I like my phone to be a phone. I'm not even very fond of the idea of a camera phone, so one with all those features is a little off-putting to me. It looks cool, it works, it doesn't break easily (and neither do iPods, despite was is apparantly popular belief), but it's too much for me. @_@

MACS in general, though, are great. I think we can all safely say that no school computer is EVER a good basis for judgement, because they almost always have minimum RAM, hard drive space, and memory, which means they generally run far more poorly than they should anyway.

@Lici: I don't want a thread so filled with Mac hate in the memorable threads. D: I mean, yeah, that guy was a ******** moron, but a thread where pretty much everyone just sits around dissing Macs (or at least, for part of it) doesn't sit right with me. And it's not because it's Macs - I'd feel the same about anything. @_@ 'Course, you're the captain, it's your decision. :B

Oh I'm not saying all Mac users are like that. That's why I called him a Mac-sheep xD He's one of those users that thinks Macs are better no matter what.

My computer has plenty of RAM and HDD space B) Though HDDs have nothing to do with how good a computer runs. That depends on your RAM, CPU and mobo. Which I why I prefer PCs, because I build my own that kick arse over everything else :B

And there wasn't really Mac-hate in that thread at all xD I just pointed out why I think Nokia make better phones :B He's the one that made it all personal about Macs. And that's why I called him a Mac-sheep xD
Interestingly, I have a 1985 Macintosh computer (called a Mac Plus) that has 2MB of harddrive space. And that's only because my parents upgraded from 1MB. It still works perfectly (except the c key sticks a little) despite having sat in a leaky, musty basement for about nine years. It doesn't DO much, obviously, but I have some great games for it. XD

But yeah, if you're someone who is a hardcore gamer, PCs are probably the better choice for a variety of reasons. Companies just don't put out as many games for Mac, and Virtual PC slows things down if the game is really complaex. It's not Mac's fault - it's the gaming companies'. But that's slowly being fixed. :B

BUT iPODS ARE BETTER THAN... Zunes or whatever the hell they're called. People gotta admit that, at least. XDD

Which is exactly my argument about Vista! People b***h and whine that there aren't any programs for it, but that's not Microsoft's fault, it's the 3rd parties xD
    You have to admit though, the South Park thing between Macs and Windows is pretty funny xD Not because either of them is "better", but because they both bring out their flaws xD

What's a Zune? D:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 am
To be honest, when I used a mac when I was in elementary school, I loved it. n. n I mean, it was so pretty and stuff. It was easy to use, and to me, it was just like PCs. o.o;;

I really don't mind either or, but PCs haven't been very good to me. I've gotten the blue screen of death many of times. XD  

Adorky
Crew

Eloquent Demigod

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:04 am
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio

Well... I think that's a pretty big generalization. I mean, Mac users HAVE to be a little more zealous in a way, because they tend to get attacked. I know this from personal experience. I'm always getting "Why do you have a Mac? God, Macs suck!" from people who wouldn't know the difference anyway. Lots of people just get into the habit of defending themselves too much. @_@

In my case, it's been the opposite xD I've never attacked; I always get "Macs are superior!" shoved down my throat the second I breath that I own a PC xD Which is why I get cranky. And then when they won't even step down to admit each to their own, that just plain pisses me off. That's why I call them Mac-sheep xD

I should make a listing on Urban Dictionary for what a Mac-sheep is xD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:06 am
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio

Which is exactly my argument about Vista! People b***h and whine that there aren't any programs for it, but that's not Microsoft's fault, it's the 3rd parties xD
    You have to admit though, the South Park thing between Macs and Windows is pretty funny xD Not because either of them is "better", but because they both bring out their flaws xD

What's a Zune? D:
Well, Vista just sucks in general, apparently. XD I have a friend who has it (only because her dad installed it while she was at college) and does nothing but complain about it, and she's always loved PCs. XD

A Zune is Microsoft's pitiful attempt to combat the iPod. Obviously, it's not doing so hot. o_O I have a friend who got one and hates it. XD  

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:08 am
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio

In my case, it's been the opposite xD I've never attacked; I always get "Macs are superior!" shoved down my throat the second I breath that I own a PC xD Which is why I get cranky. And then when they won't even step down to admit each to their own, that just plain pisses me off. That's why I call them Mac-sheep xD

That actually really surprises me! I mean, I hardly even KNOW anyone who uses a Mac at all besides myself, so I'm surprised you've found enough Mac users to have that happen to you so often. XD
When someone is yelling at me about something and they're coming on way too strong like that, I usually just leave. @_@  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:13 am
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio

That actually really surprises me! I mean, I hardly even KNOW anyone who uses a Mac at all besides myself, so I'm surprised you've found enough Mac users to have that happen to you so often. XD
When someone is yelling at me about something and they're coming on way too strong like that, I usually just leave. @_@

Yeah, I know a few Mac users like that, and they just plain piss me off D:
    Though, my English teacher was funny. He was a Mac man, and I'd have a dig at him, and he'd have a dig at me. And then we'd snicker at each other xD

Lol, Microsoft, how lame of you to try and copy iPods xD That's just plain dumb :B
    And I actually like Vista :B My friend had the beta for about 4 months before it was released, and he never had a bad word to say about it. Just how cool it was xD But I won't be getting it for a long time, it's too expensive for me D:

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Muskratio

Hygienic Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:42 am
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio

Though, my English teacher was funny. He was a Mac man, and I'd have a dig at him, and he'd have a dig at me. And then we'd snicker at each other xD

Lol, Microsoft, how lame of you to try and copy iPods xD That's just plain dumb :B
    And I actually like Vista :B My friend had the beta for about 4 months before it was released, and he never had a bad word to say about it. Just how cool it was xD But I won't be getting it for a long time, it's too expensive for me D:
I don't know any personally, but I can certainly believe they exist. XD

I've never used it myself, except at my friend's house, and I don't even actually know the difference, so I only have her word to go on. XD I guess it kept crashing her computer or something, and messing stuff up? I don't really remember. :B Her dad loved it, though, I guess. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:13 am
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio
de.Lici.ous
Muskratio

I don't know any personally, but I can certainly believe they exist. XD

I've never used it myself, except at my friend's house, and I don't even actually know the difference, so I only have her word to go on. XD I guess it kept crashing her computer or something, and messing stuff up? I don't really remember. :B Her dad loved it, though, I guess. XD
And I'd sell, my soul, my self-esteem, a dollar at a time

I use vista at my friends house, and I must say, all the hate is misplaced.

People bitched about it at first because it was open beta, you could download it from the Microsoft site to test it out. So, Microsoft got a lot of help from hardcore Windows fans. But the regular people who downloaded it did seem to understand what "Beta" meant and so they complained their asses off about the bugs which are to be expected in a Beta product. When the real product came out, that hate spilled over without people noticing that most of the bugs were gone.

Most of the problems that people have with it are from 3rd partys not updating to the new OS, they will in time, and all will be good.

Something cool about Vista: You can use external memory to emulate RAM. Seriously, this is AWESOME. Have an extra USB port? Slam a flash drive in there and watch your RAM soar.

As for Macs... I can't really formulate an opinion because my usage of them is severely limited. The few times I did used them I was displeased, but that could easily be written off as just not knowing my way around. I won't formulate an opinion on something I have no knowledge of.
For one chance, one kiss, one taste of you my Magdalena.

Vindico

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:16 am
Tuxedo Avenger
And I'd sell, my soul, my self-esteem, a dollar at a time

I use vista at my friends house, and I must say, all the hate is misplaced.

People bitched about it at first because it was open beta, you could download it from the Microsoft site to test it out. So, Microsoft got a lot of help from hardcore Windows fans. But the regular people who downloaded it did seem to understand what "Beta" meant and so they complained their asses off about the bugs which are to be expected in a Beta product. When the real product came out, that hate spilled over without people noticing that most of the bugs were gone.

Most of the problems that people have with it are from 3rd partys not updating to the new OS, they will in time, and all will be good.

Something cool about Vista: You can use external memory to emulate RAM. Seriously, this is AWESOME. Have an extra USB port? Slam a flash drive in there and watch your RAM soar.

As for Macs... I can't really formulate an opinion because my usage of them is severely limited. The few times I did used them I was displeased, but that could easily be written off as just not knowing my way around. I won't formulate an opinion on something I have no knowledge of.
For one chance, one kiss, one taste of you my Magdalena.

I love you xD <3
    For once, someone who knows what they're talking about when it comes to Vista xD

With XP, you can use your HDD to emulate RAM :B But that's cool about the exteral thing o: I wonder if I could plug in my phone to work as extermal RAM xD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:15 am
[Harakiri]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mac lovers looooooove mac don't they? o__o
Psyyyyycho.
xD

imo Mac sucks a**. xD Having owned a Mac and knowing how retarded it was to use it, I can verify that it sucks. xD

I thought everyone loved them.

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out