• Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:28 pm
xxDethWishxx
Last Pennsic I forgot toothpaste. lol
Fortunately, the coopers sell that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:00 am
At the last Northshield Coronation, Lord Reinhold had gifted my lord and myself with a full bottle of Sakanjabin, after hearing my lord raving about it. All he asked, he said, was that we return the bottle to him eventually, that he could reuse it. Not an unreasonable request, as I know just how expensive hobbies like brewing and such can be.

So, when we made plans to go to Warriors & Warlords, we made a note to bring the bottle with us, knowing that Reinhold was likely to be there. I distinctly remember packing the bottle. But by the time we got the van unloaded and the tent set up and everything moved in and unpacked... we had no idea where it had ended up. We looked everywhere. We searched every box, bin, and bag we'd brought with us. We never did find it, until Sunday morning when we were packing everything back into the van to go home.

...it had been in the van the whole time. Argh. We never did manage to get it back to Reinhold.

And THEN, when we decided to head up to the Fools Moot last weekend, we completely forgot to bring it with us!  

Imzy
Crew

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:52 pm
LittleGreenGirl
Okay, we all know it happens. Everytime you go to a camping event, you forget something either very important or very odd to an outside observer. This last weekend we even made it into a drinking game at Warriors and Warlords. So, what have you forgotten? If there's a funny story attatched, even better! This weekend I forgot my pillow and my cat of nine tails....

>.>
<.<

My cup.....

and not my drinking cup  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:33 pm
>.>
<.<

My cup.....

and not my drinking cup  

Felix OFlyn

harukitsune

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:03 pm
squire to fools
dkabyssaldragon
Brigit the slave child
Norsedragoon
I forgot the duck Tape ((also known as duct tape)) at my last couple of events

Working on packing for Estrella, I realized I'd have to go buy more duct tape because I *only* have two rolls.

Something about heavies changes people...

well i have a roll in a box next to my bed

I've been trying to get my parents to understand the SCA for the last several years. When my mom asked me if I wanted her extra roll of duck tape, I knew I'd succeeded.

good job they have understood you sorta....i now have 2 rolls in my room  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:58 pm
Bigfoot TI
Congrats! But, how can you forget it at all?!?!?! I mean, it's blasted duck tape, fer cryin out loud, I mean... *ahem* sorry, I got a little off my rocker. My dad fights heavy, so there is a roll under the drivers seat of all of our cars (2) and also under the backseats of said cars!

M'lords and M'ladies,

I am about to make the BIGGEST fool out of my self I'm sure, but I MUST ask:

What is the whole duct tape thing? sweatdrop

Please forgive me, I live in a very small shire, and been to very few events, and am not a fighter.

But I just don't get what's the big thing on duct tape in the SCA eek it's not exactly period sweatdrop so I was just curious! sweatdrop  

Naito_Mitsukai

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:07 pm
Candles at a feast event.

Thankfully, my friend Shandrake had an extra and lent his.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:09 am
Naito_Mitsukai
M'lords and M'ladies,

Please forgive me, I live in a very small shire, and been to very few events, and am not a fighter.

But I just don't get what's the big thing on duct tape in the SCA eek it's not exactly period sweatdrop so I was just curious! sweatdrop

Awww, it's okay; we still love you! ::pets:: whee

"Duck tape" is for wrapping weapons (in heavy) or weapon tips (in fencing), either to help make them more period-looking or so no one gets "sharp-and-pointied" for real. 3nodding

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:17 pm
Naito_Mitsukai

Simply put, duct tape is the force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe toghether.

The truth is, most of the SCA believes they can fix anything with ducttape. Ocasionally high explosives and or alcohol, but mostly ducttape.

I myself have gotten the title superglue woman, as I always have some with me, and I can use it disturbingly well.
((Kat, fix this. *click* It's fixed.))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:59 pm
If you fight armored... you can never go without duct tape!
Actually make that any fighter.

I have had to do armor and equipment fixing on the sidelines of wars and tournoments sooo many times and duct tape always does it.
I have had to duct tape my armor to me before too... it worked supriseingly well. I have used duct tape and a piece of ripped shirt to wrap a wound before too.
duct tape is just the all purpose fixing thing.

I have forgotten to throw a new roll in my armor bag before a war before, luckly everyone else had.
I have forgotten feast gear to a feast, little things like a toothbrush, comb.
I usually forget at least one thing each event
The worst I have forgotten.... I got to an event ot realise I forgot my GARB.
*headdesk*  

Artimus_Twitch

The Abortionater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:55 am
Went to an event and forgot:

My loyalties...

(NSTIW)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:18 am
Well I didn't forget it but the people that had invited me forgot to pack the tent that I was to borrow.... turned out okay as I found a very accomidating gentleman that hosted me well for the entire event... hmmm my first year was interesting to say the least  

chickyraven

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:34 am
Naito_Mitsukai
Bigfoot TI
Congrats! But, how can you forget it at all?!?!?! I mean, it's blasted duck tape, fer cryin out loud, I mean... *ahem* sorry, I got a little off my rocker. My dad fights heavy, so there is a roll under the drivers seat of all of our cars (2) and also under the backseats of said cars!

M'lords and M'ladies,

Acctually duct tape is period, the type as we use it now not so much LOL but there was some sort of linen(?) strips dipped in adhesive(I'm probably totaly murdering this information but I didn't read it thoughougly) And also I guess in An Tir duct tape was "declared" period by one of the higher ups, you'd have to ask Elexi or someone like that about that though, I just go to have fun I don't really remember all the history stuff LOL!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:06 am
Went to Pennsic and forgot all of my bedding. Which includes my bed, the mattress, pillows and all 3 blankets. That was one cold first week until my stuff got there with my lady. *sighs*

Well most of the week was fine though...A very lovely and wonderful woman was more then willing to take care of me.  

Snaebjorn

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:41 am
Dema
Naito_Mitsukai
Bigfoot TI

M'lords and M'ladies,

Acctually duct tape is period, the type as we use it now not so much LOL but there was some sort of linen(?) strips dipped in adhesive(I'm probably totaly murdering this information but I didn't read it thoughougly) And also I guess in An Tir duct tape was "declared" period by one of the higher ups, you'd have to ask Elexi or someone like that about that though, I just go to have fun I don't really remember all the history stuff LOL!

It was King Avalock of AnTir back in the day along with his queen who declared that WITHIN the bounderies of AnTir ductape and sunglasses where considered period.
The ductape because of the linen strips (not to mention all the alchohol had ductape on them to distinguish them from the regular juice containers so the KIDS wouldn't get into them)...and the sunglasses because her majesty the Queen was hungover that morning and needed them for the glaring sun.
True story.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces