Personas, etc. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anti L0cke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:04 pm
Chibbi_Warrior
It was after this time that he found himself in AnTir.

AnTir! <3 Thats the kingdom I am in. Well, I'm not a member of the SCA, but I live in the AnTir area, so neya. Do you know Barb? I don't remember her persona name.

Anyways, I have yet to pick my Persona, but this is one I have been tinkering with:

Nimue was born into a welsh wander'ers family. Her father had no stable job, and her mother wandered with him to look for odd-ball jobs. Nimue was to travel with them untill she had found a suitor. They took a wandering through the kingdom of AnTir, just in time for a war. Not just any war, stinky war. Nimue, who was lost just before the war started, had lost her parents in the kingdom of AnTir, her parents moved on, leaving Nimue with whoever would take her at the moment.
Her first real appearence showed when William Geoffery The Rouge and Lady Stephanie had decided to take her in a year later. Since then, she has spent her days helping the Silver Sail Tavern, and Watching William Geoffery's pets.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:08 pm
Police Gone Wild

AnTir! <3 Thats the kingdom I am in. Well, I'm not a member of the SCA, but I live in the AnTir area, so neya. Do you know Barb? I don't remember her persona name.

M'Lord, you will have to be a bit clearer on the specifics of the ladies name. sweatdrop  

Chibbi_Satan

Anti L0cke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:11 pm
Chibbi_Warrior
Police Gone Wild

M'Lord, you will have to be a bit clearer on the specifics of the ladies name. sweatdrop

I'm a girl, sorry. Anyways, she is the Owner of The Silver Sail Tavern.

Or, lets ask, do you know William Geoffery the Rouge? Or Lady Stephanie?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:44 am
Police Gone Wild
Chibbi_Warrior
Police Gone Wild

An Tir is a rather LARGE kingdom m'lady...  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Anti L0cke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:33 am
Dema
Police Gone Wild
Chibbi_Warrior
Police Gone Wild

An Tir is a rather LARGE kingdom m'lady...

I know, It's just, his name seems so familiar, and those are the people that I hang around. William Geoffery is well known in, well at least in the Summits area.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:43 am
*he chuckles* I do INDEED know William Geoffery, though not as well as I should, m'lady. *he smiles charmingly, then looking to his love (Dema)* And yes, AnTir is quite large. Though not to brag, I know far to many people in the SCA in this Kingdom alone. sweatdrop  

Chibbi_Satan

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:53 am
Chibbi_Warrior
This is a very cool thread and I thought I would post my own persona history.
For all of you who would like to know, I am Master Ilecfar Bjornson, my friends call me Elexi Stormcrow. I have been in the SCA for 12 years now and have both my divice and named passed through the Collage. I am also the Commander of the Drakkenguard, a merc household within the Kingdom of AnTir.

This, is a short overview of my persona's story:
Bjorn Hargier (aka Bear Iron-Spear) was a blacksmith from Morde Norway, a successful and strong man of few words. After the battle of Borgiehar, Bjorn had made himself well known to the King, and he married Hildr Sviensdotter, a woman of noble bearing. They lived happily together for many years and had two children, a son named Wulfgar and a daughter named Frey.
Wulfgar was a grand warrior, and because of his deeds, was made captain of the Vachgier (a Drakkar raiding ship named the Sea Spear).
While traveling from Morde to Hofn, Bjorn, along with his wife and daughter, were attacked by highwaymen. It was by happenstance that a warrior came to their aid and saved them.
His name was Elexi Lovtsevich, an emissary from a province in Russia. Bjorn was so thankful to Elexi that he swore his next born son would be named after the brave warrior.
In the snow-white winters of the Norwegian Mountains, Ilecfar Bjornson (Elexi of the Travel, son of Bjorn) was born and took instantly a fever. For many a day the midwife thought the babe would die, but by the grace of Frigga his fever finally broke.
Ilecfar (called Elexi for short) grew up strong and stout, working as a blacksmith?s apprentice to his father, but always prayed that he would be allowed to go ?a Viking? after his brother Wulfgar.
For many a year he practiced fighting under his ?grandfather? Stiven Stonekicker, though the man was like a second father. It was because of this, that Elexi would save the lives of his village.
A battle for the shores in Norway came at a heavy price to the Viking warriors against the ferocity of a retaliation attack. This battle would be known as Kemmre. It was during this that Elexi got to fight finally alongside his brother, and see him fall in battle. But with hard determination and a fighting spirit, Elexi watched over the battle like a raven and led the warriors to victory.
After that battle, Elexi was given the name Stormcrow by Stiven, and took on the Vachgier, leaving Morde to find his fame and glory. It was after this time that he found himself in AnTir.

M'Lord that is truly an amazing persona! 3nodding I enjoyed reading it very much!
And you may be pleased to know that you have inspired me to write my own character story! whee Although I need to finish my character details to finish the story details! I am planning to get in touch with my shire's herald and get the rest of it put together *hopefully* by the end of the Summar! biggrin
*curtsies* Thank-you for the inspiration! Otherwise I don't know when I would have gotten around to getting it all together, and coming up with a background story!! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:52 am
Naito_Mitsukai

M'Lord that is truly an amazing persona! 3nodding I enjoyed reading it very much!
And you may be pleased to know that you have inspired me to write my own character story! whee Although I need to finish my character details to finish the story details! I am planning to get in touch with my shire's herald and get the rest of it put together *hopefully* by the end of the Summar! biggrin
*curtsies* Thank-you for the inspiration! Otherwise I don't know when I would have gotten around to getting it all together, and coming up with a background story!! heart

You flater me, Naito. *bows* But thank you very much for saying so. In the Real Life (IRL) I am a writer of small to medium proficency (though perhaps my mind would like to think like that on a grander scale) and its nice to have my idea's appreciated. ^.^

I also wrote Dema's if she would like to post it... 3nodding  

Chibbi_Satan

Lia Strife

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:04 am
Hello, lords and ladies. ^^'

I have my persona's given name - Asceline, 13th century French - but alas, I am having trouble picking a surname. Also, I seem to have come to somewhat of a problem on how to pronounce said name, because I don't really know the rules of French pronounciation. Is it "As-kel-een?" or perhaps "As-sell-een?" The 'sc' is giving me havoc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. @_@  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:30 pm
It would probably be prounounced "es-ceh-lin," but you might want to see if you know anyone that follows that time period and region better than I.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Lia Strife
Hello, lords and ladies. ^^'

I have my persona's given name - Asceline, 13th century French - but alas, I am having trouble picking a surname. Also, I seem to have come to somewhat of a problem on how to pronounce said name, because I don't really know the rules of French pronounciation. Is it "As-kel-een?" or perhaps "As-sell-een?" The 'sc' is giving me havoc.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. @_@

Instead of trying to pck a last name you might consider simply taking the name of a town in a region of France that you'd like to be from. For instance you could be Asceline of Poitiers. That was a common naming practice in the Middle Ages.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:03 pm
So, would something like Asceline de Bordeaux be okay?  

Lia Strife

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:19 pm
More than likely.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:41 pm
Hello again, folks! I know, it's been a while, but I'm checking out the guild again, since Imzy's told me about how much it's grown.

Also, I've come up with the basics of a second persona for myself, for when I want to flex my love of all things Japanese. Yup, a SCAdian and an otaku, I am truly a new breed of Renaissance man. cool Here's the story.

One of the best-remembered battles of feudal Japan as the Battle of Sekigahara, which happened in the year 1600. Things changed that day that could never be undone. Power shifted, and familes were either raised up or crushed. The death count was amazing. One of the many samurai who fought and survived the battle was known as Sejio Takeda. Alas, his only crime was not one of dishonor, but of merely being born into a family that was backing the wrong horse, so to speak.

Having survived the Battle of Sekigahara, he returned home with his head hanging low, lucky that he escaped being taken as a prisoner of war. Having seen so much blood shed, he found a weakness in himself, and couldn't bring himself to commit seppuku for the sake of his family's honor.

However, his family's honor became a moot point when he discovered that his home had been burned to the ground and his family slaughtered for their support of the losing side of the battle. With noone left to greet him at home, and no house left to call his own, he buried his family and used what remained of his money to get passage on a ship to the West, in order to seek whatever fortune had in store for him there. If he stayed put, only death waited, and there was a whole new land to see, over the water. The rest, as they say, is history.

(And yes, I know that having his time-frame be from about 1602 falls into the Grey Area that also allows all the big-hatted swashbucklers to ponce aroud with rapiers. But it's about the only story I was able to come up with and not reject right out of hand.)  

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:02 pm
Gaijin32
Hello again, folks! I know, it's been a while, but I'm checking out the guild again, since Imzy's told me about how much it's grown.

Also, I've come up with the basics of a second persona for myself, for when I want to flex my love of all things Japanese. Yup, a SCAdian and an otaku, I am truly a new breed of Renaissance man. cool Here's the story.

One of the best-remembered battles of feudal Japan as the Battle of Sekigahara, which happened in the year 1600. Things changed that day that could never be undone. Power shifted, and familes were either raised up or crushed. The death count was amazing. One of the many samurai who fought and survived the battle was known as Sejio Takeda. Alas, his only crime was not one of dishonor, but of merely being born into a family that was backing the wrong horse, so to speak.

Having survived the Battle of Sekigahara, he returned home with his head hanging low, lucky that he escaped being taken as a prisoner of war. Having seen so much blood shed, he found a weakness in himself, and couldn't bring himself to commit seppuku for the sake of his family's honor.

However, his family's honor became a moot point when he discovered that his home had been burned to the ground and his family slaughtered for their support of the losing side of the battle. With noone left to greet him at home, and no house left to call his own, he buried his family and used what remained of his money to get passage on a ship to the West, in order to seek whatever fortune had in store for him there. If he stayed put, only death waited, and there was a whole new land to see, over the water. The rest, as they say, is history.

(And yes, I know that having his time-frame be from about 1602 falls into the Grey Area that also allows all the big-hatted swashbucklers to ponce aroud with rapiers. But it's about the only story I was able to come up with and not reject right out of hand.)

Erm. It depends on who you talk to, I suppose, but technically the SCA encompasses the years from 600 to 1600.... so you're rather a bit post-period, there, m'dear. The 17th century is not really SCA territory.

And remember, the SCA is not an RPG. You don't HAVE to have a written background. razz  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff