Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain panders to the new blood - A new D&D 4e game! CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madokamagica123

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:37 pm
Rain Yupa
Yeah. If you have the PHB, start reading on p223. Examples of level 1 items (worth 360 gp each) are...

+1 Magic Craghammer (+1 to attack and damage rolls)
+1 Magic Hide Armor (+1 to Armor Class)
Burglar's Gloves (+1 to thievery checks)
+1 Amulet of Protection (+1 to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will)

They're not super duper impressive but they're better than run-of-the-mill gear.

If you decide on, say, two +1 Magic Craghammers, then they are 360 gp each, rather than 40 gp. That would cost you 720/800, hide armor another 30, leaving you with 50gp.

But maybe you want a +1 bow and +1 armor instead. Or +1 armor and +1 amulet. I dunno, I don't know what you'd want.

Nah I'm fine, I'll stick with what I got, (Mostly since I just wanna play XD)  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:59 pm
Madokamagica123
Also PS: I finished my CS!. Some dude

The money/gear is the only thing that needs to be tweaked still, and/or I need your consent to accept it as is.

Right now, you have 2 mundane craghammers (20gp x2), 1 mundane set of hide armor (30gp), and 10gp left over.

You are throwing away 720 gp.

If you are okay with that, then your character sheet is done and ready to be added to the roster!

Game's still not going to begin for at least a couple days (since the deadline to sign up is 6/1, and I'm hoping DeadPan still signs up). So you'll have to wait for a few more days, I'm afraid sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:37 pm
hmm, gnomes are small size and have a base speed of 5, otherwise you really aren't a gnome...  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:01 pm
Kowsauni
hmm, gnomes are small size and have a base speed of 5, otherwise you really aren't a gnome...
I made the fix, already.. I have only played a handful of small races, since my first 3.5. Vast majority of them had 30/6 to speed and were Medium... Human in most cases... This one was also going to be a hooman, but changed due to flavor and one human ruled this party already sweatdrop  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:26 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
would not have thought of that...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=828432

Just need to fix some fluff stuff, but here

1 platinum piece = 100 gold pieces sweatdrop

And in hindsight, you should still have languages known; just cause you can't speak them, doesn't mean you wouldn't understand them.

Beyond that, I'm adding it to the roster!  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:24 pm
Madokamagica123
Rolling 5 attributes!

1: 9
2: 16
3: 13
4: 14
5: 11
6: 13
7: 14

aqua_inc
Final array: 16, 13, 12, 13, 15, 12

Since the other jerks rolled so many 17's and 18's, each of you may turn a natural 13 from your stats into a natural 16. You can re-order your stats to compensate, of course.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Madokamagica123

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:27 pm
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Rolling 5 attributes!

aqua_inc

Since the other jerks rolled so many 17's and 18's, each of you may turn a natural 13 from your stats into a natural 16. You can re-order your stats to compensate, of course.

Oh yay thanks!. Also I changed my Character sheet so my Craghammers are actually magical. they're not mundane and I'm not throwing away 740 GP, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:42 pm
You should list them under your Magical Equipment. 3nodding

A magic weapons adds its enhancement bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls; so in your Attack and Damage workspaces, the first rows (where Strength is added in), increase the "ENH" box from 0 to 1 in each. Not for the second rows, because you won't be using Dexterity to attack with them.

It'll make your quick look up have +8 to attack. Looks like you already included the damage in, though.

I think the "(+1R Craghammer)" and (+1N Craghammer. Off)" indicates radiant and necrotic damage, as you had intended earlier, but they don't. Regular magic weapons don't do typed damage, though certain higher level ones do. You're not cool enough for that kind of stuff yet 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Madokamagica123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:18 pm
Rain Yupa
You should list them under your Magical Equipment. 3nodding

A magic weapons adds its enhancement bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls; so in your Attack and Damage workspaces, the first rows (where Strength is added in), increase the "ENH" box from 0 to 1 in each. Not for the second rows, because you won't be using Dexterity to attack with them.

It'll make your quick look up have +8 to attack. Looks like you already included the damage in, though.

I think the "(+1R Craghammer)" and (+1N Craghammer. Off)" indicates radiant and necrotic damage, as you had intended earlier, but they don't. Regular magic weapons don't do typed damage, though certain higher level ones do. You're not cool enough for that kind of stuff yet 3nodding
thanks for the

Ah bummer. I wanted cool elemental hammers. well I fixed it up!, also I believe we're going to finally start today!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:37 pm
Oh bugger, there's no May 32nd, is there?

I better get cracking, then.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm
Madokamagica123
Rain Yupa
Madokamagica123
Rolling 5 attributes!

aqua_inc

Oh yay thanks!. Also I changed my Character sheet so my Craghammers are actually magical. they're not mundane and I'm not throwing away 740 GP, so yeah.

Did you not want the stat bump? I don't see it reflected on your sheet. Admittedly, it is optional.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:27 pm
The game is a go! Check out the subforum here!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak rolled 28 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 1, 6, 6, 2, 2, 6, 3, 2, 3, 1, 4, 2, 4, 4, 6, 1, 6, 3, 5, 5, 1, 3, 4, 1, 1, 5 Total: 93 (28-168)

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:33 pm
If answer is no, hell no, or nien; ignore.  
Alzzak rolled 28 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 6, 2, 3, 6, 4, 3, 1, 3, 5, 5, 2, 5, 5, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 6, 5, 5 Total: 89 (28-168)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:45 pm
Re roll  

Alzzak

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:44 am
glitterboypilot
I will make this more official later, but for now. Ooc: If any one fas room for a 4e cursing warlock, I am game.

Rikku DarkHeart KH
Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=888751
will add background when less fried.

Rikku I've already been in contact with. She was requested by a player in this game to join in place of Alzzak. It occurred to me during the night that it wouldn't be fair for you, GBP, if I included her and not you.

Her'es what I PM'd Rikku:

Quote:
The character creation thread I made for it (where you can roll for stats) is right here, if that helps?

The subforum of the game is here. You can see the attempted trainwreck that was the campaign start if you want to read through 5 measly pages.

General background: Kingdom of Cresca is in a bit of decline. The king has passed away under somewhat mysterious circumstances but spun as an incurable illness. His son was the designated heir and slated to take the throne, but now the son has fallen ill to the same illness and the queen is running things instead. Reeks of a coup.

Prince's twin sister is currently trying to escape the castle because things behind the scenes have gone bad really quickly. Her stand-in/body double approached the party because they were the first ones she could find to help. Princess and small entourage is escaping through secret passage in catacombs into sewers but it's dangerous and they're being pursued.

Party has just entered the sewers.

Ideally, for a character, you'd want to make someone who's a stranger to the kingdom, since the body double was looking specifically for those with no attachment to the crown. You don't HAVE to, but it'll get you in favor with the quest-giving NPC if you aren't.

Currently, we have an Avenger, Rogue, and Cleric, plus whatever Rikku submitted above (I'm currently at work so I haven't checked yet).

We're going to hand-wave it so you were there the whole time.

Alzzak

Alzzak, I'm afraid it's not going to work out if sudden and unexplained absences are going to be a thing right out of the gate. I try to keep the campaigns small these days, so if you can give me a good reason why you disappeared and that it was a one-time thing, I'll keep Sy-9 aboard. Otherwise, I'm sorry.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff