Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Bath House (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:39 pm
@ Sage:

Remember, called shot to the head is 3 raises.
You can if you're an Akodo Bushi
Probably not, unless you call another raise for superficial scarring.
Yes, via GM decision. If that's your intention, saying so will generally help the GM make that decision.

@ Plainsfox:

You can undo your void point spending if you would like.  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 pm
Consider it unspent  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 10, 4, 8 Total: 33 (5-50)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:10 pm
Approved Perception/Investigation (Search) roll for the round I missed, 1 raise spent for +5.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:21 pm
PupSage

Shi was knocked prone by the throw. Standing up from Prone is a simple action, meaning you only have 1 simple action left to perform. Attacking is a complex action. sad  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:04 am
Rain Yupa
PupSage

Shi was knocked prone by the throw. Standing up from Prone is a simple action, meaning you only have 1 simple action left to perform. Attacking is a complex action. sad

Ignore it then. Honestly I am about to just grab her blade and commit seppuku since I've done the math and I am basically fighting a god here. Max earth ring, max agility, max jiujitsu, a decent enough strength to get to keep enough to get a 47. And I can't say for sure since I have yet to see a single die rolled. But law of averages says that with the raises she is throwing out and totals that she is consistently getting, that there is at least a 10k10+10.

At a certain point it stops being fun. Point reached. Kill him. I stopped caring. I don't even want to bring in that other character that I made.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:27 am
1.) Seppuku is a samurai thing. There's like, a dozen snafus with the implication of you taking such an action.

2.) She doesn't even half HALF the maximum for those rings, and has Jiujutsu 5, no emphases. She's only keeping 1 die for damage. She's matched on you for Fire and Air rings, and you have more Void than her. Your math sucks.

3.) 40-point bare-bones Usagi-san keeps getting really high die results with 4k3. That's Reflexes or Agility 3 and 1 rank in a skill (jiujutsu and defense).

4.) Remember in Beast of 1000 Knives, where the other players were advocating that the DM should allow them to play the characters how they want, and let them just face the consequences of their choices? You're basically whining and trying to bow out because I'm doing just that.

5.) She never said she's trying to kill your character, and that fact has not yet changed. She's not. She outright announced her intentions.

6.) If you're unwilling to cope with the backlash that disadvantages give you, then I suggset the next time you make an L5R character you don't take any.

7.) If you're unwilling to face a fictional challenge without buckling under the pressure, then I propose that roleplaying games are not for you.

8.) You complained that you were a combat character in a social setting (which was only partially true), and now you're upset that I gave you a combat challenge?

9.) I suggest you reread the posts leading up to the combat, because I think you entirely missed why it's happening at all.

10.) Part of why this combat is going on at all, is to allow Shi and Ichi to bond over something, which is the best I can do considering the circumstances of the PCs' (not all) behavior towards her. What behavior, you ask? Let me ask you this: How would you feel if you were a girl, in place full of strangers you knew nothing about, with inadequate preparation to integrate into that lot (minor clan non-courtier), with two scary-looking dudes trying to catch her, corner her, stalk her, confront her aggressively... what would you do? How would you feel? What do would you fear might happen to you? I'm sure that will change, how the PCs and her get along over time, but right now, this is the best I got. That, or she simply ran away from you during the scavenger hunt, leaving you to do it alone.

I'd be more than delighted you to prove me wrong on most, if not, all of the above points, and continue playing. If you can't handle it though, I understand.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:45 am
Dude. I said that I wanted out, no need to drag it out any further than that. She is managing 5 raises every turn and still hitting with 30+ on each of us.
The playing field is not at all equal.

This is a hobby. I do it to relax and have fun. I find this neither fun nor relaxing anymore, so I stopped.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 8, 9, 3, 9 Total: 37 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:40 pm
Lore: Heraldry (Yasuki) 4k3 to identify the mon
5, 3, 8, 9 = 22  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:45 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Lore: Heraldry (Yasuki) 4k3 to identify the mon
5, 3, 8, 9 = 22

It's definitely the Crab Yasuki mon. But the pieces of the set are still in Crane colors, rather than Crab. Which is kiiind of weird.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:54 am
Paidi tou Selini
"Wh- Daigotsu-san wait a moment, please. I don't know if it's such a good idea for us to separate right now. There are no more items. This is number seven.

I count six items?

Charm to Benten 5/10
Touched by Kami 5/13
Crane History Book 5/23
Tea Set 6/14
Puppet 7/01
Drawing of Snow Maiden WIP  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:13 pm
Dohohoho, you've missed one very key, important moment.

Rain Yupa
Shoichi would walk back over to Kaichiyo amidst her stressing out, and presented her with a blueish coat, a haori.

A Token of Goodwill from another Great Clan 5/2  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:55 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Dohohoho, you've missed one very key, important moment.

Rain Yupa
Shoichi would walk back over to Kaichiyo amidst her stressing out, and presented her with a blueish coat, a haori.

A Token of Goodwill from another Great Clan 5/2

Okay, I concede that point; however, it was an item acquired before everyone officially began (thus putting you at an unfair advantage), so you MAY need to spin a lie about when you received it if a judge calls you on it, especially since it was borrowed for the express purpose of your use from the very people judging this competition.

Not saying it won't work, just be prepared.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:25 am
Paidi tou Selini
She shook her head against and pulled off the haori, handing it to Shoichi. "Daigotsu-san, if they'll allow it why don't you present our items. I don't know how long I'll be, but this is much more important than a silly court game."

Rain Yupa
Quote:
To return to the castle, you must succeed in a Perception/Investigation (Search), like normal (no Void option). The TN is 20, +5 for every team currently racing to the castle. You accumulate free raises like normal, and can spend existing free raises to succeed. This dash for the castle will also count for making NPC teams advance.

NPC teams will be making their own rolls once they hit 7 items. They keep their normal bonus, but it increases by 1 after each failed roll until they succeed.

Upon returning, you will need to sell your judges on your items, which will be done via Courtier rolls, ranging from TN 5-15 for each item. This is done in one large post with a roll for each - first, make the IC post describing each item, then I will give you a TN for each item, which you will follow up with the appropriate rolls.

If you fail any roll, you will need to return out and find a replacement or new item!

NPC teams need to roll 7 dice, and they 'lose' an item for each natural 1 they roll.

Quote:
Upon returning, you will need to sell your judges on your items, which will be done via Courtier rolls, ranging from TN 5-15 for each item. This is done in one large post with a roll for each - first, make the IC post describing each item, then I will give you a TN for each item, which you will follow up with the appropriate rolls.

Quote:
, which will be done via Courtier rolls

Quote:
Courtier rolls

Quote:
Courtier rolls

Quote:
Courtier rolls

I lol'd.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 5, 4, 7, 9 Total: 32 (6-60)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 pm
ETIQUETTE ROLL!!!

4k3 - 13  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 7, 2, 1, 6, 7, 4 Total: 30 (7-70)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:57 pm
And the final Storytelling roll.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items