Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval
The Earth's Upheaval OOC - Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:59 pm
Kowsauni
Hey, everyone! I'm sitting in the lobby of my traditional style Ryokan in a yukata as I write this. (They have Wi-Fi!) Japan has been a blast! I try to check gaia once each night but I've been so busy sightseeing that I haven't had time to write rp posts. Since It's about to advance to the next round I just wanted to pipe in real quick Ambra would cast her AoE at will fire spell on the Centepede swarm as long as it was obvious to the people on the ground around it were dead, otherwise she would use her frost at will. As free action she would also yell at the patrons to stay away from the centipedes an not try to move past them. That's all for now. Good luck everyone on the next round!

I wizarded for you, Kowsauni-san! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:45 am
oh joy i could very well die right here...well that's how my luck tends to go haha  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:40 am
Flames Burning Within
oh joy i could very well die right here...well that's how my luck tends to go haha

You go unconscious at 0 hit points, not die, don't worry quite yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:56 am
Rain Yupa
Flames Burning Within

You go unconscious at 0 hit points, not die, don't worry quite yet.

oh well thats good but still not because of my luck biggrin  

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:57 am
Before you set your second wind in stone, and even if you have and still need it, I can use Inspiring Word a second time this encounter.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 am
Plainsfox
Before you set your second wind in stone, and even if you have and still need it, I can use Inspiring Word a second time this encounter.

With only 3 hit points remaining, I believe Dwalin needs both.

Though his Standard Action isn't being used, so a parting swing of the hammer for MAYBE 1 damage could still be added. Though there might be a better use at this point?

EDIT: Remember, Dwalin comes FIRST in initiative order. His actions would be done before Aelgeirr can use an inspiring word. Also, saving throws come at the end of his turn, so the second wind would have to be called/used before knowing if Dwalin would pass the saving throw versus poison.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:03 pm
can we flip a table on top of the swarm to smash them??  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:23 pm
Mik4ilah
can we flip a table on top of the swarm to smash them??

Ooo~ I like you!

Yes, good thinking. However, it counts as an improvised weapon. Which means no proficiency bonus to attack rolls (you'll be rolling your strength bonus and that's it). I'd allow it to do full damage instead of half (but not +10 damage, like it does with really large attacks like Ambra's scorching blast).

Tables are heavy though, so I'll require some more Strength checks. So here's how I'll have it go:

It would take a move action to get to a table, and a standard action to pick it up over your head. This will be a DC 12 strength check. The next turn, your speed will drop to 2 (i.e., you are "slowed"), and you will require another DC 12 strength check for every move action you take while holding the table. Then you get to attack with it like normal (dropping it in the process). If you're attacked, it will be another DC 12 strength check not to drop it and hurt yourself. (Failure of any other strength check won't cause you damage, but you'll have to put it down).

I'm at work so I don't have the stats in front of me for improvised weapon damage, but I think what I'll do is have you double your strength bonus for the damage roll, to make it more worthwhile.

A combat round is 6 seconds though, so picking up a table and then using it as a swatter will take a bit longer, hence two rounds. We're far enough into combat where it might be quicker just to keep using regular attacks.

If you can lure the baby centipede swarm adjacent to a table, I'll require only one strength check to flip it, and the attack roll to go with it, as one standard action. Quicker, but it has to be right next to them. This won't double your strength mod for damage, however.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:44 pm
can I use heal on myself to cure from poison?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:08 pm
Mik4ilah
can I use heal on myself to cure from poison?

No, but you can use the Heal skill on someone adjacent to you (DC 15) to grant an ally a saving throw, as a standard action.

There are actually a bunch of 4th edition D&D books, and there's one feat in Player's Handbook 2 called 'Timely Respite' that lets you make a saving throw whenever you use the Total Defense or Second Wind actions. It's a handy one to have. I didn't tell you about PHB2 or other book feats because I didn't want to overwhelm you with options when you made your first characters at 1st level. I'll tell you about more choices when you hit second level :3  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:38 pm
Mik4ilah

Flames Burning Within

Two hands, ONE POKE FER EACH O' YA!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:18 am
hey! sorry i've been this late. There has been a lot of work around here so i barely have time to check in.  

Mik4ilah

Professor Nep Nep

Adorable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:11 pm
gonan be completely honest....gta v on pc has stolen what little life i had left razz  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:22 pm
But this is Grand Theft Dungeon!

*goes out and steals a carriage from a random passerby* See?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mik4ilah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:03 pm
well... gta V DOES have flip flops that flip flop  
[D&D 4e] The Earth's Upheaval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items