Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Cerise Shopping District
The Shark's Head Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Invisibility 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪
          Mood: Hungry
          In the company of: ?
          In a relationship with: No one
          Currently Crushing On: Gideon
          Cash:$223.75 Bank:$1000

Wearing
          Song List:

~Edin Enters~

Edin made her way to the Shark's Head and looked out for the co-worker who gave out her information. With the coast clear, she entered the restaurant. It seemed very popular today for some reason. Maybe it was the nicer weather she thought to herself as she took her jacket off. She stepped into the back and saw an unfamiliar figure in the office. She hung her coat up and popped her head into the office. Maybe he was a new employee?

He was nothing like she'd ever seen before. But then again, she'd never seen a women with fox tails before. Gideon was the bogey man and she was telekinetic, or whatever one would call it. So, there's a first for everything. She didn't want to scare them, so a lower tone voice might suffice. "Uh..hello?".

Speech
          Thoughts
          ((Ooc smile )

Coheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:22 pm
          User Image

Cain

It's just Cain, Alright?

Don't ask too many questions.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Cain was waste deep in paperwork. He had been working for hours now, trying to make heads or tails of the invoices, employee wages, and other important things to file taxes. He was so focused in his work, that he did not notice the women who approached the office. Her voice was soft and sweet, but Cain was still slightly startled by her hello. It was rare form for him to be working so hard, and he was slightly embarrassed to be caught doing so. He might give off the wrong impression and cause her to think he was some kind of hard a**.

Putting down the paper he was reading, he stepped over the pages on the floor until he was in front of the women.
          “You must be Miss Sinclaire.” Cain had looked over his employees, and she matches the description he was given. He extended his bony hand to her. “I was hired to look over the place. Please, call me Cain. I’m sure it will be a pleasure working with you.” Acting professional was draining to him, but he was on the job. The act failed him rather quickly though. “You ah… took a really early shift. Did you manage to eat before you left home?” He rubbed the back of his skull with his free hand shyly.

.~. Mood: She's gorgeous and I'm acting like an idiot .~. Company: Edin .~. Cash: $970 .~. Outfit: Hoodie, Jeans, Sneakers .~.

MakinSammiches

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
          • Vicious Spirit 250
          • Restorative Spirit 250
          • Demonic Associate 100

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
          • Invisibility 100
          • Punk Patrol 250
          PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:30 pm
          User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪
                  Mood: Content
                  In the company of: Cain

Wearing
                  Song List:
                  Edin watched as he became a bit disheveled when she spoke to him. She felt a little bad because he seemed so deep into whatever he was working on. But she had never seen him before and didn't want him to be some stranger stealing money from the back. So of course, she hesitated a little bit. With all that's been going on, she didn't want to take any chances. Especially with anyone she had never met before.

But she eased when he said he was her new boss. Her cheeks turned red with embarrassment. Out of professionality, she shook the hand he held out to her. "Ah yes. You can just call me Edin though. I apologize if I startled you. Just was a little iffy seeing someone in the office I never met before. But, it's nice to meet you, Cain", she said, with a soft smile. Then the topic was changed when he mentioned about her early shift and if she ate. "Oh, I wasn't that hungry. My cat is probably neck deep in her food bag by now. A sneaky one she is. Can sniff out her food if it was in a concrete box"
                  Speech
                  Thoughts
                  ((Ooc smile )

Coheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:01 pm
                  User Image

Cain

It's just Cain, Alright?

Cain was staring like an idiot. The only two people he had met so far on the island were Yang and Innogene. While he liked both of them quite a lot, they were both rather out of this world. Yang was a little ball of energy Cain was coming to view like a little sister, and Innogene had all the allure and danger of a cobra, but Edin. Edin was so real. She worked as a waitress, and had a cat. He almost forgot what it was like to meet someone who was so connected to the real world.

“Heh.. Your cat must be pretty clawsome.” He responded, unable to met her eyes as he made the terrible pun. He wanted to make her laugh, and perhaps that wasn’t the joke to do it, but it was the start of a long quest to try. “If you're ever hungry… You don’t even need to ask.” Cain made a gesture that said he would take care of it. Many people were shy when they first met someone, and won’t let them buy a meal. Edin wouldn’t work her shift hungry as long as he was in charge. Cain peeked out at all the people. The restaurant was as popular as ever, but he selfishly didn’t want Edin to go. Quickly, he searched for a topic that might keep her around. He pointed behind him with his thumb at the papers. “Would you mind? I am trying to get everything together for taxes. It’s… a total mess.”

.~. Mood: She's gorgeous and I'm acting like an idiot .~. Company: Edin .~. Cash: $970 .~. Outfit: Hoodie, Jeans, Sneakers .~.

MakinSammiches

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
                  • Vicious Spirit 250
                  • Restorative Spirit 250
                  • Demonic Associate 100

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
                  • Invisibility 100
                  • Punk Patrol 250
                  PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:15 pm
                  User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪
                          Mood: Content

Wearing
                          Song List:
                          Edin stared back at him, there was a bit of silence that hung in the air. But, he soon cut the quite, with a cat pun. She absolutely loved cat puns. "Heh.. Your cat must be pretty clawsome" he said but soon looked down at the floor, sort of embarrassed. The more she thought about it , the more she had to laugh at it. But she calmed down a bit after. "Haha, I love cat puns. No matter how cheesy they sound". He mentioned that she could buy food from there if she was ever hungry. "Though I do prefer to cook myself, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a break and have someone else cook for once", she said with a smile as she rubbed the back of her head.

She moved aside as he peered out into the dining room. It was quite loud from the amount of people and their chatter. As he did so, she looked around him at all the papers on the floor. She couldn't help but to feel like it was her fault. He came back in the room and pointed back at the papers. "Would you mind? I am trying to get everything together for taxes...It's...a total mess", he asked her. Feeling guilty, she nodded, "Oh yeah! No problem. It's partially my fault it's a mess anyway". Edin bent down and began to pick up the papers.

Speech
                          Thoughts
                          ((Ooc smile )

Coheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:31 pm
                          User Image

Cain

It's just Cain, Alright?

She laughed. She totally laughed at the bad cat pun. Cain was floating on air. Edin peaked when he did at the restaurant, so surely she was as aware as he was that it was busy, and of course they could use her help. Hopefully, she didn’t sense that something was up. Cain knelt down next to her and was starting picking up papers next to her. She seemed to think it was her fault, and even if it was, he would never let her think that.

“You came just at the right mew-ment.” He said, making another cat pun, this time smiling straight at her. “I was almost working to hard.” He chuckled. As long as she was here, she would be getting paid, so he didn’t mind taking up her time. Perhaps she needed someone to slack off with as well. He put a stack of papers up on the desk. How do you ask a girl to stay and not sound like a creepy boss? Or get fired for harassment or something.

MakinSammiches

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
                          • Vicious Spirit 250
                          • Restorative Spirit 250
                          • Demonic Associate 100

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
                          • Invisibility 100
                          • Punk Patrol 250
                          PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:53 pm
                          User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪
                                  Mood: Amused

Wearing
                                  Song List:
                                  Edin watched and stood back up as Cain stacked the papers on the desk. "Haha. You've cat to be kitten me right meow! If my cat could talk, you two would go back forever with puns". She undid her hair and it fell over her shoulders. Adjusting the hair tie, she tossed her hair up into a ponytail. She leaned out of the office and grabbed her apron. Then she tied it around her hips.

When she did so, she took one last peek at the crowd. A few families, some couples and a bunch of college kids. Perhaps it was some sort of break or something. She let out a sigh as she pulled herself back into the office. "Ugh. I mean, I know I have to. But I didn't know so many college kids could fit in one place. They tend to be the loudest and most rude. I don't mind the kids. You give them paper and crayons, they're good until they get their food. Which saves parents headaches, which means tips, which means use waitresses can eat as well as my cat,Pika"

Coheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:58 am
                                  User Image

Cain

It's just Cain, Alright?

She was laughing, and making cat pun right back at him. He was laughing as well. It was so cheesy, but he was enjoying having her around. Cain frowned as she went and put on her apron. He was going to have to let her do the job she was hired to do. What a horrible boss he was. When she made her comment about the college kids, Cain didn’t know what to say. That isn’t entirely try. He wanted to say he’d beat the living daylights out of anyone that was rude to her, but that definitely wasn’t appropriate. “This isn’t some sports bar, and I will not allow rudeness to be directed towards my employees.” Was what he went with. That was true, he wouldn’t tolerate it towards anyone, but he wondered if she knew.

He sat at his desk and looked back at his papers.
                                  “Come back if you have any problems. Or questions.” Or if you want to slack off, but he didn’t say that part. Although his mind would be on work, he would be looking out for her in his peripherals the best he could.

.~. Mood:Protective .~. Company: Edin .~. Cash: $970 .~. Outfit: Hoodie, Jeans, Sneakers .~.

MakinSammiches

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
                                  • Vicious Spirit 250
                                  • Restorative Spirit 250
                                  • Demonic Associate 100

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
                                  • Invisibility 100
                                  • Punk Patrol 250
                                  PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:35 am
                                  User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪

Wearing
                                          Song List:
                                          Edin was enjoying her time with Cain in the office. She felt a little more comfortable being there when he made his comment about the college kids. "Hopefully there won't be any problems with them. But if anything does come up, I'll send them to you directly for a little lesson in manners", she chuckled to herself. She straightened her apron and took a deep breath. Mentally preparing herself to deal with customers for the day.

She heard him sit back down at the desk and return to the stack of papers. "Come back if you have and problems or questions", she heard him say. Edin nodded in reply, "Will do, chief". She gave sime a quick salute and headed out of the office and into the dining room. Keeping Cain's words in the back of her mind, she made her way to the first customers she saw wave her down. With a smile on her face, she walked up to the table. It was a single father and his two kids. Edin grabbed a few crayons from her apron and gave it to the kids. Big smiles came across their faces as they began to scribble on the place mat.

The father smiled up at her with a breath of relief, "Thank you". "Oh, it's no problem. Can I start you off with drinks?" she asked him. "I'll just have a green tea and they'll have kid sized colas". She nodded before turning away,"I'll bring those to you". Edin grabbed the right sized cups and filled them up. Grabbing a small tray she placed the drinks on them and returned to the table. Placing them on the drinks, she saw the menus already stacked at the end of the table. "We're ready to order", the man said.

"Oh that was quick! Alrighty, what'll you be having today?" she asked as she pulled out her little notebook. "I'm going to have Tuna and Egg Nigiri. They'll have Cucumber,veggie combo and tuna rolls". Edin scribbled down the order and tucked the menus under her arm. "Alright. I'll put those orders in for you" she said as she went into the back and tucked the order in the shelving where the chefs were.
                                          Coheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:57 pm
                                          User Image

Cain

It's just Cain, Alright?

Cain would certainly teach any trouble makers some manners. They wouldn’t come to his establishment and cause a ruckus unless they wanted to have a really bad time. He smiled as she saluted him. It was silly, and he laughed quietly as she left, his eyes going back to the papers. That was something he would have done, if it was reversed. Once she was gone, he looked back up to find her. Looked like she had a table with a father and some kids, not rowdy teenagers. Surely she would be fine. Looking down at his work, he felt extremely sleepy. To work this long and hard was unlike him, but he wanted to stay away and watch after Edin.

She was running around, bringing her tables drinks and placing their orders. He should give her a raise, he mused. Leaning back in his chair, the purple of his eyes faded away, and he started to doze off, a paper he was holding falling over his skull. His best attempt to stay focused, all for nought.

.~. Mood:Too relaxed.~. Company: Edin .~. Cash: $970 .~. Outfit: Hoodie, Jeans, Sneakers .~.

MakinSammiches

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
                                          • Vicious Spirit 250
                                          • Restorative Spirit 250
                                          • Demonic Associate 100

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
                                          • Invisibility 100
                                          • Punk Patrol 250
                                          PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:57 pm
                                          User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪
                                                  Currently Crushing On: No one yet.

Wearing
                                                  Song List:
                                                  Edin tended to more customers for awhile. Grabbing their drinks, taking their orders, writing up their checks. She was getting a little tired and it was about time for a break. The crowds started to die down, giving her a chance to take her break. Having one of the waiters taking over her tables for a bit. She grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down. One of the chefs saved her a slice of apple pie and stored it in the microwave. Eager to eat the deliciousness that awaited her in the microwave. She heated it up and leaned against the counter, enjoying the only food she'd had all day.

As she finished her pie, she noticed Cain fell asleep in his office. The paper was blowing with the breeze of his breaths. She laughed to herself before washing the dishes she'd used. There was still some time to relax to herself before her break ended. She untied the apron and let down her hair. It was nice that her hair was able to breathe now that it wasn't restricted. Edin walked into the office and took the paper off his face. "Uh, Cain. Have a nice nap?", she asked, chuckling a bit after her question.
                                                  Coheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:39 pm
                                                  User Image

Cain

It's just Cain, Alright?

All of a sudden, Cain was away and looking up. The blazing purple fire returning to his eyes. Edin was standing over him, with her hair down. For a moment, he thought he had finally died and she was an angle. Reality sank in rather quickly. “I was just taking a cat nap.” He said. Slowly he peaked around. Everything seemed to be running smoothly. He wondered how long he had been asleep. “I’m sorry Edin. I shouldn’t be dozing off while you are working so hard.” He rubbed the back of his skull. He got out of his chair and offered it to her with both hands. Then he turned on the little mini fan at the end of the desk, to blow a pathetic amount of air her way if she decided to sit. “Enjoy and extra long break. I’ll go deal with things for a bit.”

Cain left his hoodie hanging on the door and grabbed an apron, tieing it around the back of his backbone. He probably looked strange to the customers, but he didn’t care must. You should never feel ashamed about working in a business you are running. He wasn’t pretty like Edin, so he doubted he would make good tips, but all the tips he did get he would be adding to her pay, anyway.

.~. Mood:Too relaxed.~. Company: Edin .~. Cash: $970 .~. Outfit: Hoodie, Jeans, Sneakers .~.

MakinSammiches

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
                                                  • Vicious Spirit 250
                                                  • Restorative Spirit 250
                                                  • Demonic Associate 100

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
                                                  • Invisibility 100
                                                  • Punk Patrol 250
                                                  PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:52 pm
                                                  User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪
                                                          Mood: Relaxed

Wearing
                                                          Song List:
                                                          Edin laughed at yet another accidental cat pun? He apologized for sleeping while she's been working then offered her his chair. "It's quite alright. Things have been going fine and there hasn't been any problems. But thank you". She sat down and he turned the fan on. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the small breeze that caressed the locks of hair. Opening her eyes, she saw Cain tie on an apron. She raised an eyebrow,"Are you sure?" she had asked.

After her question, she heard a thud and looked out. The waiter she left with her tables pushes his way through the door. Carrying more dishes than he could hold. 'Why was he carrying the dishes? That's not part of his job' she thought to herself. She watched as he stumbled through the kitchen. He was a disaster waiting to happen. His hip hit the corner of one of the stoves and the dishes slipped from his grasp. Edin held up a hand and the dishes began to float. Motioning towards the sink, the dishes followed. "At least my ability has some use.."

Coheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:23 pm
                                                          User Image

Cain

It's just Cain, Alright?

Cain was placing some refills down on a table when he noticed a waiter carrying way too much then he can handle. It was an accident waiting to happen, unsafe for his staff and his customers. He was in hot pursuit of the man, ready to scold him and catch the falling plates when the inevitable happened. Just like he foresaw, the man slipped and dropped all the dishes his was holding. Before Cain could make a move, the dishes started floating all by themselves into the sink. Cain was taken aback, scanning the kitchen before his eyes found Edin with her hand raised. His eyes met hers for a moment, and he instantly knew.

Before he could see her, he had to take care of anyone else who had seen. Cain moved quickly, his bony hands connecting with the plates to make it look like he was the one putting them in the sink. The waiter was to dazed to realize what had happened, and it happened so fast that the rest of the staff would only see him. Cain picked the boy up and made sure he was okay, giving him a good lecture about safety and taking on more than he could handle.

Cain moved to the office and closed the door behind him, he was still standing against it, so no one else could come in, but his eyes were focused on Edin. He wasn’t scared, or angry with what she had done. He was scared what the others would think of her. As he looked at her, he thought perhaps he was overreacting. He was a walking skeleton after all, and the island seemed to have many other magical creatures living on it. He, however, didn’t care if he didn’t have any friends, and Edin seemed like she was trying to live a normal life. He just wanted to protect her, but he couldn’t put all that into words. What if he gave her negative reinforcement and made her scared of herself?

.~. Mood:Over Protective.~. Company: Edin .~. Cash: $970 .~. Outfit: Apron, Jeans, Sneakers .~.

MakinSammiches

Coheart

Demonic Prophet

14,300 Points
                                                          • Vicious Spirit 250
                                                          • Restorative Spirit 250
                                                          • Demonic Associate 100

Satans Yoga Pants

Dangerous Cultist

11,650 Points
                                                          • Invisibility 100
                                                          • Punk Patrol 250
                                                          PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:23 pm
                                                          User ImageUser Image

♪══════Edin═══════♪
                                                                  Mood: Unsure

Wearing
                                                                  Song List:
                                                                  Edin's eyes met Cain's when he looked around the kitchen. It felt like her heart jumped off a skyscraper. But, she watched as Cain pretended to be putting the dishes in the sink. Then he tended to the waiter, as sort of comforting him in a way. Cain lifted the boy up, taking him somewhere else. It looked as if he were lecturing him about something. After some time, Cain walked into the office and leaned against the closed door. She felt his eyes on her, but she couldn't meet his gaze. This was sure the end of her employment here. All because she saved the waiter the humiliation of costing the company money.

She tried to think of something to say and had much trouble in doing so. Then she finally gained her voice. It was a bit hoarse, but it was there. "It's okay. You can fire me if you want to. I'm used to this sort of thing. You know, I always thought I could live a normal life. But I came to accept that I never will. I've been called a freak, a weirdo, and pretty much anything else you can think of. My parents want nothing to do with me and my own husband divorced me. You can take it that, at this point, I'm come to terms that there are things people don't want to comprehend are real". Edin pushed herself off the chair and pulled her hair over her left shoulder. "I guess I'll see you around sometime"

Coheart

☼ Cerise Shopping District

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
                                                                  Other Stuff
                                                                  Get GCash
                                                                  Offers
                                                                  Get Items
                                                                  More Items
                                                                  Where Everyone Hangs Out
                                                                  Other Community Areas
                                                                  Virtual Spaces
                                                                  Fun Stuff
                                                                  Gaia's Games
                                                                  Mini-Games
                                                                  Play with GCash
                                                                  Play with Platinum