Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt grinned and chuckled at the grandmother's blush and primping not believing for a second she was over fifty years of age. At her inquisitive not-really-question on how he met her grandson he chuckled again as his smile widened. "Believe it or not he came in here one day a few weeks ago with little Todd looking for supplies. We talked, got to know each other bit and took both our little brothers for ice cream down at Florean's. And it might've escaped my thinking to inform him that I owned this establishment, he seemed quite worried that my leaving would get me in trouble with my 'boss.'" he grinned wryly.

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary cracked a light smirk, her green eyes heralding a mischievous twinkle. "Just talking, eh? Not even a hint of other motives? Hmm...." Oh, she was an intuitive woman, just as most her family happened to be. After giving it a moment of thought, she remembered her son and his idiot wife were away for a few days. "Say, you wouldn't happen to want to come for dinner tonight? I can have Dhylan and Grégoire cook something nice. Grég's always wanting a nice dinner, and I'm sure Dhylan and Todd would be happy to see you again." A grin touched her face, the woman's gaze softening. She remembered that young Wyatt said he had a brother, so she figured she should extend the invitation to two. "You can bring your brother along too, if you want to, dear. And see, if you come, you can tell Dhylan about your boss."

Feeling brokenBarely holding onBut there's just something so strongSomewhere inside me
And I am down but I'll get up againDon't count me out just yet
They can say thatI won't stay aroundBut I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop meYou don't know meYou don't know who I amDon't count me out so fast
There will be no fade outThis is not the endI'm down now
But I'll be standing tall againTimes are hard butI was built tough
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:03 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria shrugged. Truth was, she didn't know how to sign up for that club or any club, really. Maybe it worked sort of the same way as quidditch? You show up and then sign up. "I think we just go and talk to the person in charge of it?" The brunette reached her hand up and scratched her head. Who is in charge of it? Alexandria hadn't any idea who would in charge of the dueling club. Dark eyes flicked onto the young man and old woman when she heard him mention something about working here. She could ask him what broom he thought would be best, but the girl really didn't want to ask for help. She could do this without anybody's help. It was just one of the decisions she'd have to make on her own to prove she was capable of making the right choice. But how was she supposed to make the "right choice" when there were so many different types of brooms, and Alex hadn't any knowledge on what each one was best for?

RedEagleEye007

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt had the slight decency to blush and look away for a few seconds at her mischievous smirk and question. There might have been hidden innuendo but he wasn't sure if Dhylan even noticed. And the way he ate his ice cream! A shiver ran down his back as he remembered the tongue, the pink ice cream, the licks...A blink later he was being asked to dinner along with Kalin and couldn't imagine stifling his smirk or maddening twinkle that entered his eyes. "Dinner? That does sound lovely, and I'm sure Kalin would love to visit his pen pal again and have another excuse to bake something nice for you. So say...six thirty? Or is that too late?" Wyatt was sure that his partner in crime was now his favorite person in the UK. Well, besides the obvious of course.

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary cocked an eyebrow at Wyatt's little shiver. She knew what that meant. It wasn't hard, after all, she had raised two boys of her own. The young man agreed, seeming excited. He gave a time, then asked for verification. "Six thirty sounds wonderful. Just enough time to get all the kids dressed, and Dhylan out of bed. I swear sometimes that boy just reads all day! But yes, come to the Nolynn Cottage, though, be careful of apparation, since the home is in a Muggle neighborhood." She pulled out a small notepad from her purse, then a pen, and scribbled down the Upper Barnton address. She offered it to Wyatt, then grinned. "I'm going to head on home, now, and get dinner started. See you later Wyatt, and don't be late!" She winked, then headed for the door, waving her hand as she headed home.

Feeling brokenBarely holding onBut there's just something so strongSomewhere inside me
And I am down but I'll get up againDon't count me out just yet
They can say thatI won't stay aroundBut I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop meYou don't know meYou don't know who I amDon't count me out so fast
There will be no fade outThis is not the endI'm down now
But I'll be standing tall againTimes are hard butI was built tough
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo kept perusing the brooms as she spoke, still listening and he soon came across a broom that he especially liked, but the funny thing had been that it had been the previous variety of the twigger series: the ninety-nine. He felt as if it was the right pick...from instincts of course. He always was good with picking what he used.

"Do you know who is in charge?" he said, turning around with the broom in his hands, an amused smile on his face. By the sound of her question, it had not seemed as if she really knew who was either, but he figured he'd ask. "Oh...yes. Sorry, I picked out my broom. Twigger ninety-nine. Don't ask how I know what it is like because I don't" he said to her, laughing a bit. It was true. He was going on a hunch.

"So, after this, maybe you want to go get some ice cream or go get something to eat together?" he asked her confidently, just like he always did. He wasn't over the top confident however and Alex seemed to make him a tad more...nervous than most. It surprised him actually. No one has ever had that effect on him, and he found it weird.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria shook her head even though Theo's back was turned to her. "No, I don't," she admitted. "We could always just show up to the club. The person in charge would most likely be there." The girl walked up to the Firebolt that she had been eying since the duo stepped into the shop. "I think I'll go with the Firebolt," she said after her friend picked out the Twigger 99. If he could pick out brooms with a hunch, so could she. "Ice cream sounds lovely." Alexandria pulled her broomstick of choice off the display then turned and headed to the check out desk. Luckily, the girl's mum gave her more than enough galleons; otherwise, she wouldn't have had money for ice cream.

RedEagleEye007

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:00 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo listened to her, as he now faced her. As she picked her broom, rather quickly he might add, he smiled. He was glad she finished, because he wanted to get out of here soon and go get ice cream. He was also very hungry, but he would suck it up for now because he wanted to be around her.

"Now we just got to wait for the manager to be done with his conversation?" he said to her, shrugging. He hoped the conversation ended soon. "So do you miss school?" he asked her, looking around for a bit, looking at what other things this place had to sell. He was surprised how little they had compared to the Muggles. The Muggles had different brands and what not, but this place only seemed to have one single piece of equipment. It was rather odd.

I hated every minute of
training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 pm
George Edwyn Mitchell
Muggle Liaison Office Employee
Former Gryffindor

User ImageLocation: Quality Quidditch Supplies

George walked into the Quidditch shop with one person in mind, his daughter. Leonette's birthday was coming up and he wanted to get her, her very own broom. It would be her first broom and he wanted it to be perfect he just wasn't sure which one to get her. There were so many choices so unless you were drawn to a particular make or model you could find yourself thinking about it all day.

Luckily George knew that the girls were at home thanks to his youngest Grace playing scout for him. So he was safe to take all the time in the world before getting the broom. 'Firebolt... or the Nimbus...' he thought jumping between the two. George seriously didn't remember how hard it was. 'I wonder which one would be better for a Chaser these days.' Yep George was definitely way over his head.

With: Others in the shop

Wearing: Work Clothes

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:06 am
User Image
User Image

Martin the owl flew all the way from Hogwarts on a relatively empty stomach. The idiot who "owned" him had yet to feed him, so the owl had had to take matters into his own talons. He screeched loudly to attract attention to the letter he had.
Wyatt,

Hi! Remember me? It's Dhylan Nolynn. This is Martin, the owl my uncle sort of threw at me before I managed to escape to the safety of the Express. Anyway, the reason I write is because when Martin was given to me, I wasn't given food. Also, I'm pretty sure he hates me, so... you can have him for a while! I enclosed a few Galleons to buy owl food, if you can and wouldn't mind. I would do it myself, but Hogsmeade weekend isn't for a while, not to mention I'm already buried under a mountain of studies and Quidditch work. You have no idea how much it would mean to me if you could do this. If you do decide to buy it, you pay however much it costs and keep the rest. Maybe buy yourself some ice cream. Say hi to Kalin for me too!

Thanks a ton for this,
Dhylan C. Nolynn

As the letter opens, four shiny Galleons tumble free, the teen's hectic scrawl easily visible. The edges of the paper have various notes from multiple classes scribbled in an even messier scribble. It was easy to see why he said his notes were a bit frantic. Martin looked relieved to be free of the annoying letter, so he ruffled his feathers, looking perfectly innocent.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Ten Years Old Future Hogwarts Student Grecian Half-Blood

Kalin was lounging around the front of the store doing his homework and generally being bored. Wyatt had enrolled him in a preparatory school near London so he was able to floo to the shop and walk there before walking back to the store after school and waiting around for his brother. The older Abrams didn't like the idea of his little brother staying home by himself while he fluttered around the store so he made sure that he stuck around and did absolutely nothing. Ugh! He was ten years old! He could stay at home alone without anything happening! Ok granted, the small kitchen fire was a bit...bad but he called the fire department like he was told to and he even managed to save most of the oven! But he knew his big brother would never go for it. He was just finishing up his math homework when a loud screech startled him out of the desk chair. Looking up Kalin saw a rather angry owl with a note tied to his leg. Taking the note, and coincidentally dropping the four shiny coins, he first and foremost took a couple of the owl treats he made his brother buy for incoming or outgoing order owls and gave some to him. Or her. He could never really tell. When that was done he finally read the letter only blushing slightly when he saw that it was addressed to Wyatt while still continuing to read it. Finished he grinned and began to pen his own letter to his friend. Just as he was about to walk about the door to go to the post office his brother stopped him. "Hey hey! Where are you going and what was all that racket earlier?" Kalin beamed cheekily before replying, "That was our new owl Martin and I'm going to go send a thank you letter to Dhylan for him since Martin seems a bit tired. Oh! And I need to buy him some food apparently and maybe a nice perch..." the young pre-teen began mumbling to himself as he left the store and his steadily confused older brother behind him.

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:42 pm
User Image
User Image

Martin squawked at Kalin, until the boy offered some treats, which he gladly ate. When he had finished, the owl ruffled his feathers. He glared at the two humans, then fluffed some more, trying to look as intimidating as owlishly possible. When he saw he was out of food, he began pecking at the fingers of the taller human, demanding to be fed. He glared at the humans, watching them leave. He wasn't done demanding food! The owl flew out after them, then perched on the little one's shoulder.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:46 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXX⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya walked into the Quidditch supply shop trying desperately to focus on what she needed and not how wonderful the whole store smelled or how amazing some of the brooms looked and definitely not how much they cost. Her mother had given her a nice handful of coins as a reward for her grades the past year and she finally had enough to purchase new goggles and gloves. Her Mum or her little brother were not with her nor were any of her friends; she had decided to spend the day getting the things she needed for the upcoming year (which was coming way too fast, especially since it just felt like summer had arrived two days ago!) and this was her first stop. For obvious reasons. Even though she knew what she was looking for, it didn't stop her from gawking at a new model of firebolt before she realized she was actually drooling to her embarrassment. How was she supposed to find anything when there were so many distractions?!
"Do you need any help with anything?" A young male voice startled her making her turn to see a boy around her age grinning helpfully. Wow his hair is curly was the random thought that popped into her mind before she grinned happily. "Yeah, I'm looking for goggles and gloves, you wouldn't know where they are would you?" Tanya asked.
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: Quidditch supplyWith: No oneThinking: I could spend all my allowance in this place and not feel any remorseOOC

This could be para- para- paradise
Para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
Eleven Years Old Unsorted Hogwarts Student Grecian/American Half-Blood

Kalin had been lazing behind the counter failing at reading the book in front of him while his brother was in the back finally doing his paperwork which was due at the bank today, literally. He looked out a window and sighed wishing he could be at home or at least have Angel here with him, it was so boring just sitting here and watching people come in, decide whether to buy or not buy, then walk out either buying or not buying. Repeat. At least if his puppy were here he could try teaching her some tricks, but then again she's still thinking that a broomstick handle is just a giant chew toy so maybe Wyatt's quidditch store wasn't the best place for her yet. He was going to miss her when he left for Hogwarts, it wasn't fair to him that he couldn't bring his puppy but he guess he sort of understood. Didn't mean he didn't like it. But at least he had Chet who had warmed up to him finally and had just stopped pecking his big brother when he tried to get him to deliver mail. He chuckled thinking of just last week when the owl nearly chased his over six feet tall, hundred and sixty pound brother out of the house because the young man forgot his treat.

A flash of color caught his eye as Kalin trailed after it to see its source was a pretty girl with long curly hair, and an oddly pretty backpack. He didn't mean to keep watching her but every time he found himself looking away from his book it would find her. He found himself stifling a laugh at how awestruck she looked as she browsed the more expensive brooms but also saw how lost she was looking as well and closed up the book. He went over to her and asked if she needed any help trying to sound professional. Her grin made him blink and think how pretty it was and how it practically lit up her face. Now his face began to heat up in embarrassment, bad thoughts! At her question the American boy grinned and nodded indicating that she follow him. "Yeah, you have the luck to be in the presence of someone who knows this store very well...not that I'm bragging or anything I just practically live here." he rushed to say leading her towards the back of the store where the bookshelves and racks were hiding.
"I understand that! If I had the funds I'd practically live here too!" the girl said and he caught a glimpse of a dreamy look on her face making him chuckle. "Well it's more of a familial thing for me. My brother owns it and I help run it." Kalin explained not noticing that the girl behind him had point blank stopped as he began pointing out the different sizes of goggles and gloves. When he turned to see her just standing there he got worried. "Are you ok?" he asked concerned.

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:45 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXX⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya could not believe what she had just heard. She just...no. Flipping. Way! "Y-you're brother owns this store? Like its legitimate? It's his?!" she blubbered out to the boy who gave a grin and nodded. "Marry me? That way I'll get a family discount!" she asked matter-of-factly and didn't contain her giggles and the vibrant blush that had overtaken the other boy's face. "Kidding kidding! Although...that discount wouldn't be remiss." she pleaded batting her eyelashes comically finally making him laugh and change back. The other boy was just as fun to tease as Echo if she could believe it. And since she's never seen him before at Hogwarts he had to either be a new first year or go to another school. "Well since we're eloping I might as well know your name right? Mine is Tanya Cherri." she introduced herself holding out her hand for a shake. "Kalin Abrams. And good luck trying for that, I'm his brother and I still gotta pay full price!" he said laughing while she pouted. "Frick!" she swore under her breath and shrugged. Since she wasn't getting married any time soon (not that it would help apparently) she might as well grab the things she came in for. Tanya indicated that she was ready to check out and was led back up front for her to purchase it. Just before she left she turned back to Kalin with a curious tilt of her head. "Do you go to school somewhere else or are you going to Hogwarts this coming fall?"
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: Quidditch supplyWith: No oneThinking: I could spend all my allowance in this place and not feel any remorseOOC

Para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items