Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"The Inquisitors." (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested? And what name is better?
  Yes, "The Inquisitors"
  Yes, "The Invaders"
  No, "The Inquisitors"
  No, "The Invaders"
View Results

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Alright well I'll start working on the profile right now, as for what I mean for gladiator, I mean more of the style of fighting, flashy, it won't be elegant or honorable and he can use a lot of impromptu weapons (Albeit all of those impromptu would be melee and in a rifle world that's pretty ineffective) I'll decide more as I go through the profile though. The idea might be totally changed by the end of it, I dunno razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:02 pm
Oh, I figured everyone might want to know what the OLD Grand Chancellor looked like, even though he is kinda, sorta, definitely dead. xd

Old Grand Chancellor

Does he look like a jerk? I hope so, because he was. From getting House Black to kill the King, to starting death camps, and getting the national police to go around bullying innocent people, this guy was a jerk, and the only people as bad as him were those in House Black and the other people who helped put him in power (and also later betrayed him to try and take power for themselves). You are, by all means, fully entitled to hate this man. xd And I should remind you, this is NOT the New Grand Chancellor, this is the guy who brought Dalcaria to the point of being like Nazi Germany. Also, he was the first non-Monarch (ergo the Clarion family) blooded leader of all of Dalcaria in history. Now the New Grand Chancellor is the second, and frankly a lot better than the Old Grand Chancellor (depending on your political views).  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 pm
Kami GearX
Alright well I'll start working on the profile right now, as for what I mean for gladiator, I mean more of the style of fighting, flashy, it won't be elegant or honorable and he can use a lot of impromptu weapons (Albeit all of those impromptu would be melee and in a rifle world that's pretty ineffective) I'll decide more as I go through the profile though. The idea might be totally changed by the end of it, I dunno razz

Alright, I look forward to it! Also, just because this is a rifle world, NEVER underestimate the power of a well placed melee attack! You get good enough with melee combat, and a bullet may never even touch you... If you're good enough. Also, there is armor and magic available to make a bruiser like you're describing more effective in battle, so don't worry too much, I've tried to make plenty of wiggle room so that characters like yours can not only exist in this world, but do well in this world too! If you change your mind that's fine too, but I'm going to make this as open for you and everyone else as I can. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:59 pm
I'll be posting some more reference pics right now, and hopefully more tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Leviathan

Scary Leviathan

So, essentially the Leviathan (in shape) looks a lot like the Scary Leviathan, however it is less rock like and more... Well, fishy for lack of a better word, like the first Leviathan. Some Leviathans look different from others, but here are some essentials for what they look like.

Gun

Gun

Gun

Gun

Gun

Gun

So, here's a bunch of guns for you to enjoy too. I hope this seem fitting to you all, as these were all hand picked by me for what I felt was most accurate to Dalcaria. Also, I hope some of them tickle your fancy for use, but we'll see what the future holds I suppose. I think that's as much as I can do for now, I'll see what I can do later. Fingers crossed!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:07 pm
User Image
Username: Kami GearX
Name: Vashani Saani

Race/Nationality/Species: Pantherakin

Orientation: Heterosexual

Personality: Vashani is a strange mix of both predatory instinct and kind hearted acts. When he was first found in the ruins of an ancient civilization deep in the jungles of the island of Northern Lishunda he was very much a feral Anthropomorphic. He killed several royal guards but was stopped by a mere child. In fact not only was he stopped but his entire demeanor changed to that of a protectorate for the small female. Anyone who got close was immediately attacked. He was brought back as a slave by the child and was taught the ways of civilization as well as how to speak. He learned so quickly that within a week he was acclimated to such a life. Now he holds a much less fearful demeanor and instead is much like a gentleman, carrying himself with pride and kindness.
Rank: "Slave" (He works for a noble house for no money, but he is free to leave whenever or start getting paid beside housing, food, and equipment).
Education: Home Schooled in a way
Factions: Nobility, specifically loyal to the house Capulet
Religion/Philosophy: "Those who are not loyal are killed first. Those who find loyalty will die second. Those of us who have been loyal our whole life will die last. It is simply the way of things."
Political Ideals: Vashani feels that there could be some minor improvements for the common man but he does not voice them.
Biography: Vashani was alone, not knowing his parents nor knowing of an outside world. He was left in the ruins of an ancient civilization, unexplored by humanoids for thousands of years. He hunted, killed, and lived in nature without much else thought than the need to survive from day to day. He grew strong and swift, able to catch and kill the animals that looked like him as well. Then on a fateful day, a loud bang resounded and immense pain filled Vashani. When he turned he saw a new, foreign creature in his domain. Then another and another of the same type. Wearing strange masks and skin. Vashani did the only thing he could, he hid and hunted these new predators. He was outsmarted, surrounded and pinned down. He killed with claws and teeth until he saw a small child quivering in fear. Whether or not it was of him or of the loud noises, Vashani took it upon himself to protect this small child. He roared at anything that came close, especially the strange creatures with the masks and weapons. He was saved by the small girl, having another strange and loud weapon pointed at him when she stood in his stead.

For thanks for saving his life he allowed himself to be captured and taken in as a slave for trade. The small female wanted to keep him however and was allowed to by a taller creature that looked like the female but was holding one of the loud weapons. Only weeks later Vashani had learned everything he needed to in order to be part of society, his wounds having healed. When he was first allowed outside he saw a glorious and awe inspiring world, one full of steam and noise. Not like those of nature, but noise that sounded like music. Another year passed and he was put as the 'Champion' for the small female. If she were to be insulted and she requested a duel from the person who threw the insult, he would do the fighting. Sadly he never could use the strange weapons of the loud noises that he learned were called guns, instead preferring things like a sword or flail.
Skills: One on one dueling, Being a Bodyguard, Cooking (strangely enough he loves fruits), Ball Room Dancing Etiquette as well as the dance itself.
Transportation: His hands and feet
Home: A small room inside the main mansion that houses the Capulet family
Weapons: b*****d sword and shortsword which he carries at all times. For his Parade armor he is given a gun with no ammo inside of it for show. His Dueling Armor he is given a shield, a flail, a spear, and a javelin on top of his usual weapons. When he roams the streets he carries a dagger that shows his loyalty to the Capulet household and it is his pass to carry his weapons in public as well.
Clothing/Armor:Parade Armor, Honorary Dueling Armor (It is angled in many places to make many weapons bounce or slide off of it), For Street clothes he wears a simple leather jerkin and cloth pants, the pads of his feet acting as his shoes.
Powers: Predatory Instincts- Vashani always has a foggy idea of what his opponent will do in battle as well as tell if they truly pose a threat to him. He can also track by scent if he is given a smell of a persons clothing that they wore within two days. Fresh blood always attracts his attention as its smell is very distinct to him.

((Using the basic outline for the character so you can see what I eventually came up with with the Tribal Gladiator idea))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:59 pm
Kami GearX
User Image

Personality: Vashani is a strange mix of both predatory instinct and kind hearted acts. When he was first found in the ruins of an ancient civilization deep in the jungles of the island of Northern Lishunda he was very much a feral Anthropomorphic. He killed several royal guards but was stopped by a mere child. In fact not only was he stopped but his entire demeanor changed to that of a protectorate for the small female. Anyone who got close was immediately attacked. He was brought back as a slave by the child and was taught the ways of civilization as well as how to speak. He learned so quickly that within a week he was acclimated to such a life. Now he holds a much less fearful demeanor and instead is much like a gentleman, carrying himself with pride and kindness.
Rank: "Slave" (He works for a noble house for no money, but he is free to leave whenever or start getting paid beside housing, food, and equipment).
Religion/Philosophy: "Those who are not loyal are killed first. Those who find loyalty will die second. Those of us who have been loyal our whole life will die last. It is simply the way of things."
Political Ideals: Vashani feels that there could be some minor improvements for the common man but he does not voice them.
Biography: Vashani was alone, not knowing his parents nor knowing of an outside world. He was left in the ruins of an ancient civilization, unexplored by humanoids for thousands of years. He hunted, killed, and lived in nature without much else thought than the need to survive from day to day. He grew strong and swift, able to catch and kill the animals that looked like him as well. Then on a fateful day, a loud bang resounded and immense pain filled Vashani. When he turned he saw a new, foreign creature in his domain. Then another and another of the same type. Wearing strange masks and skin. Vashani did the only thing he could, he hid and hunted these new predators. He was outsmarted, surrounded and pinned down. He killed with claws and teeth until he saw a small child quivering in fear. Whether or not it was of him or of the loud noises, Vashani took it upon himself to protect this small child. He roared at anything that came close, especially the strange creatures with the masks and weapons. He was saved by the small girl, having another strange and loud weapon pointed at him when she stood in his stead.

For thanks for saving his life he allowed himself to be captured and taken in as a slave for trade. The small female wanted to keep him however and was allowed to by a taller creature that looked like the female but was holding one of the loud weapons. Only weeks later Vashani had learned everything he needed to in order to be part of society, his wounds having healed. When he was first allowed outside he saw a glorious and awe inspiring world, one full of steam and noise. Not like those of nature, but noise that sounded like music. Another year passed and he was put as the 'Champion' for the small female. If she were to be insulted and she requested a duel from the person who threw the insult, he would do the fighting. Sadly he never could use the strange weapons of the loud noises that he learned were called guns, instead preferring things like a sword or flail.
Skills: One on one dueling, Being a Bodyguard, Cooking (strangely enough he loves fruits), Ball Room Dancing Etiquette as well as the dance itself.
Weapons: b*****d sword and shortsword which he carries at all times. For his Parade armor he is given a gun with no ammo inside of it for show. His Dueling Armor he is given a shield, a flail, a spear, and a javelin on top of his usual weapons. When he roams the streets he carries a dagger that shows his loyalty to the Capulet household and it is his pass to carry his weapons in public as well.
Clothing/Armor:Parade Armor, Honorary Dueling Armor (It is angled in many places to make many weapons bounce or slide off of it), For Street clothes he wears a simple leather jerkin and cloth pants, the pads of his feet acting as his shoes.
Powers: Predatory Instincts- Vashani always has a foggy idea of what his opponent will do in battle as well as tell if they truly pose a threat to him. He can also track by scent if he is given a smell of a persons clothing that they wore within two days. Fresh blood always attracts his attention as its smell is very distinct to him.

((Using the basic outline for the character so you can see what I eventually came up with with the Tribal Gladiator idea))

This is absolutely brilliant! I only should mention a few things though for clarification. Now, firstly, the animal peoples of Lishunda are typically located in the Southern Islands, however, if you wish to stick with the Northern Island (where more humans are) that's fine, just thought you should know. Next, when Lishunda was being colonized, it would have simply been the Imperial Army that would have helped, not so much the Royal Guard. However, since your character was adopted by nobles, it is also acceptable for your character to have been attacked by Noble Guards (they defend the nobility, not the royalty). Also, depending on when your character arrived in Dalcaria, he may have had to worry about the death camps that groups like the Old Grand Chancellor and House Black had set up. But if your character arrived within the last 3 years, he would have been perfectly safe. Now, slavery itself isn't exactly legal in Dalcaria (currently), but since it seems you said your character allowed himself to be made a slave, there's nothing legal or illegal about it, so that is perfectly fine if you wish to continue it. Duels are another thing I haven't touched on yet either. They will probably be something the New Grand Chancellor may try to ban/make safer (if possible), but for the moment I can accept the character fighting in duels (though I feel sorry for the poor saps who try to fight him! biggrin ). Other than that, everything seems perfectly fine! Although I am a little jealous you used the second armor as his dueling armor (I actually found that armor a few months ago and was going to use it in a seperate, more medieval style roleplay xd ). Don't worry though, you can still use both armors, just wanted to let you know I like them both VERY much! I kinda hope you stick with this character, but it's totally up to you! Also, I'm glad you introduced a Lishundan as a "servant" type character, because it is common among some people to use Lishundans as servants (some people treat them badly, but some people treat them as equals, it depends on the person you find. Also, some people took them in as "servants" so they could keep them out of the death camps, a little like what Oscar Schindler did).

*Edit: One last thing: I also really like the image you used for the character! Lishundans vary in their animal and human traits (some seem more human, some seem more animal), but what you found is an absolutely brilliant example in my opinion! Well done indeed!*  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:22 pm
Kami GearX
User Image

Personality: Vashani is a strange mix of both predatory instinct and kind hearted acts. When he was first found in the ruins of an ancient civilization deep in the jungles of the island of Northern Lishunda he was very much a feral Anthropomorphic. He killed several Noble guards but was stopped by a mere child. In fact not only was he stopped but his entire demeanor changed to that of a protectorate for the small female. Anyone who got close was immediately attacked. He was brought back as a slave by the child and was taught the ways of civilization as well as how to speak. He learned so quickly that within a week he was acclimated to such a life. Now he holds a much less fearful demeanor and instead is much like a gentleman, carrying himself with pride and kindness.

Thank you for the compliments. I read up on Lishunda's two distinctions and I chose Northern because it provides a slight mystery as to why he was there in the first place, (Perhaps the mystery will unfold as the story keeps developing). He was found within the last two years so he doesn't have to worry about that, and as to why he was found out, it was simply an exotic animal hunting trip and they mistook him for a tiger at first because he wore no clothing and was walking on all fours at the time (He has since learned to walk upright as can be seen). I guess I should change his occupation to "Willing Champion" though still keep the Slave in quotations as it explains what he truly is.

Also the house he serves is a little tribute to Romeo and Juliet Thought I would toss that in there. I had another character that was a demon hunter that was totally in love with money. He was trained by an ex-priest of The Temple. He had a focus that he used (Clawed Gloves and a generator that used compressed air to create electricity to fuel his spells, very much an electricity/ fire based character that transformed into a more feral form that was basically just a magma lizard. Here's the picture link to it; Scalefellow (Scalefellow is what I would have called his race, that or Scalekin)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:50 pm
Kami GearX
Thank you for the compliments. I read up on Lishunda's two distinctions and I chose Northern because it provides a slight mystery as to why he was there in the first place, (Perhaps the mystery will unfold as the story keeps developing). He was found within the last two years so he doesn't have to worry about that, and as to why he was found out, it was simply an exotic animal hunting trip and they mistook him for a tiger at first because he wore no clothing and was walking on all fours at the time (He has since learned to walk upright as can be seen). I guess I should change his occupation to "Willing Champion" though still keep the Slave in quotations as it explains what he truly is.

Also the house he serves is a little tribute to Romeo and Juliet Thought I would toss that in there. I had another character that was a demon hunter that was totally in love with money. He was trained by an ex-priest of The Temple. He had a focus that he used (Clawed Gloves and a generator that used compressed air to create electricity to fuel his spells, very much an electricity/ fire based character that transformed into a more feral form that was basically just a magma lizard. Here's the picture link to it; Scalefellow (Scalefellow is what I would have called his race, that or Scalekin)

No problem! I understand where you're coming from now with the choice for the Northern Island, so I totally support that idea! I look forward to seeing how things turn out! Ah, well that will make things much better for him then, although there will still be some lingering racist sentements with some people, but many (if not most) people in Dalcaria are very accepting, so he'll have good and bad experiences here and there. Oh, I see. Well on that note, the Royal Guard almost definitely wouldn't do much with that, but the Noble Guard probably would. The Royal Guard is essentially like a form of Special Forces/body guards, but they serve only the monarchs, or at this point the Grand Chancellor. Anyways though, that's another topic, but that all sounds good! And sure, willing "slave" would work. I mean, House Black may keep slaves, but I get the impression you don't want him living in the worst conditions imaginable. sweatdrop

I caught that little reference, excellent choice by the way! By the sounds of the name, Cordovia might be a good province for the Capulet family to reside. It's quite romanticized I must say, and the capital, Arelate, is a town full of fine villas and manors, so not a bad place for the family to be living. But that's up to you, still love the reference! Ah yes, a Demon Hunter! On that note, I'll be making one as well, not as interested in money, but a very interesting character if I may so say, I think he'll add some... flavour to the roleplay. wink I like the sounds of this fellow you've made though, will he be a Lishundan person, or simply someone who was transformed to look like this? Either way is fine, just wanted to know your thoughts. And I think both Scalefellow and Scalekin sound good, I'm not great at naming races sometimes, so that's why I've avoided giving any specific names to any of the races in Lishunda, but if you have a name you can use it by all means!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:30 pm
So, more lovely info on our little world to give you all! Hope this isn't an eyesore, but it's good info to have about this world, so here it is.

Now, just a quick thing to start off with. In Dalcaria, as in many nations, there are still gangs, and even assassins. During the Civil war, there were a few very racist gangs that weren't as interested in politics as they were interested in killing off non-Dalcarians. However, there were also a number of gangs that were very supportive of non-Dalcarians, so when fighting between the major factions finally erupted in the capital, the gangs took to the streets as well. Many of the more racist gangs were wiped out luckily, leaving the non-racist gangs to split up the spoils. Gangs are still treated as outlaws today, but the government tries to relax on them from time to time, a slight reward for their help in making Dalcaria even a little bit safer. As for assassins, well House Black is one of the better known groups with assassins, as they are the ones who carried out the murder of King Clarion and the rest of the royal family and it's relatives. As for other assassins, they are out there, but you can't expect much information on groups we aren't even sure exist, can you? wink

Now, as I know you are all eager to hear about this, here is some info on the different provinces, plus their names! Hope this helps a little in making characters. One before note of course, there are a fair amount of lakes and rivers in all parts of the Empire, and in them is enough fresh water to give to billions of people for thousands of years, so you won't need to worry too much about water access. wink

Tavastia (Tavastian Province)(Capital Province of the Empire): Durelieus (Capital city of both the province and the Empire). This province has a fairly moderate temperature and (like all the provinces) experiences all four seasons. It also has a moderate mix of land types: forests, mountains, fields, beaches farmlands, cities, even a little bit of canyon land in the more central part of the Southern bit of Tavastia (note that these canyons are NOT in the desert but are surrounded by plenty of green fields, and even a few forests here and there. Looks a lot like English Countryside, but with canyons in it xd ). In the city of Durelieus, there is a moderately sized river running through the middle of it, an extremely important part of trade in the Empire (also note that Durelieus sits right on the coast of the Empire, so it has instant access to the ocean as well).

Cordovia (Cordovian Province): Arelate (Capital City). This province is mostly made up of plains and fields and makes up very good farm land, and of course because of this there are lots of farms. The temperature here is slightly warmer than Tavastia usually, but it still is fairly moderate. It is much like the farm and villa type lands in middle or close to Southern France. In Arelate, there are many manor villas, many of which are owned by wealthy farmers and the businessmen, lawyers, and other professionals who work with them. The city also has a decent amount of industry in it, but it (and many other Cordovian cities) are better known for there fine manor villas.

Clarendon (Clarendon Province): Kherson (Captial City). This province is FULL of forests! Everything from the cities, farms, lakes, rivers, mountains, mines, and industrial places are surrounded by forests. Slightly cooler temperature than Tavastia, but still fairly moderate. Kherson is full of mini-castles and manors. It is so full of them in fact (due to building prices going down) that even the poorest homes are typically a small manor of some kind.

Whitehaven (Whitehaven Province): Hammershavn (Capital City). Cold almost all year round, but there isn't a great deal of permanent snow or ice until you get further North of Hammershavn (which has snow for long periods of the year, but never permanently). This province (despite it's cold) has been able to produce plenty of food to feed its people and has even ended up producing a number of very hearty crops. The capital city here is like any other capital city: lots of fine manors, industrial districts, etc. but they have been forced to develop their buildings, transportation, technology, and even the layout of the city in such a way to more effectively deal with the snow. But this isn't exactly a problem for them, this has (if anything) made them stronger. Also, Hammershavn is an ocean side city, so has access for sea based trade. As said, this place still has plenty of farms, and also has many forests, mountains, lakes, rivers, etc. Around Hammershavn and below, the province looks a lot like Scotland or Norway, but up above in the permafrost area, it seems more like a tundra or something.

Kraigdarroch (Kraigdarroch Province): Kraigdarroch (Capital City). Kraigdarroch is still a Northern province, but unlike Whitehaven, it usually only gets snow in winter, if it even gets snow. Kraigdarroch is more well known for rain, but is still low in temperature (lower than Clarendon at least). But the most striking thing about this province is that it is almost entirely rock. This was at one point a difficult place to live in, but the ancient inhabitants learned how to take the wild plants and turn them into delicacies almost. And soon after, they learned how to take these plants and farm them in larger numbers. Of course, this is only a small part of what makes Kraigdarroch so unique. This region is one of the biggest mining regions in the world, providing more useful metals, spices and salts (ones that can be mined of course) and other useful materials than almost any other region on the planet. Some mines have had to close down in the past, but amazingly some have managed to reopen as new resources have been found. The capital city of Kraigdarroch is also called Kraigdarroch, but it gets the name from the castle on top of the mountain near the back portion of the city. The city has some large mines within it, lots of factories, and all the other things you might find in a typical capital city. The city and it's people all seem a little rough on the outside (a symbol of the hard work done here), but inside it is just as previous of a gem as the ones they sometimes find in their mines. There are of course some lovely manors here as well, but this city has also learned to make use of a variety of common metals for building, so you will often find a few buildings built with metal on the outside. This is also an ocean side city, so it too has access to sea trade. One thing people might think about this region, with all the bare mountains and mines, is that it is prone to avalanches, or earthquakes, but this land is as hard and as sturdy as the stones that make it up. Earthquakes and other disasters are rarely a problem here.

Storbritannien (Storbritannien Province): Wrexham (Capital City). Storbritannien is a lot like Northern British Columbia (in Canada). It's a tad chilly, but not too terribly cold, lots of forests (though not as much as Clarendon), lakes, and rivers, very mountainous (though not as much as Kraigdarroch), and it almost has a slighty dryness to it, despite the very average weather, including rainfall. Not much else to say about this region, but Wrexham (also a city by the ocean, so it also has ocean trade access) and many other cities here a heavily into industry. The cities still are very nice, but they are some of the finest when it comes to production. This region also has many lakes and rivers, and the forests are a lot like pine forests (the kinds of things Northern lumberjacks would cut down). Here are some reference pics: pic, pic, and pic. Storbritannien, its capital Wrexham and other cities (as well as Navarre and it's cities) have made use of their lumber for building manors, including on the outside. They are all very fine looking, but this is much different than Clarendon as they use more rocks and stones for their manors, at least on the outside.

Navarre (Navarre Province): Soleway (Capital City). The cities of Navarre are a lot like those of Storbritannien, and so is the land for that matter. However, Navarre is, for some reason, a lot more moist and has more rainfall. Both Navarre and Storbritannien are costal provinces, but it seems to have more of an effect on Navarre in terms of weather. This region also has much different vegetation than Storbritannien. The trees here are less like pine trees or other trees of the North, they are more like Western redcedars, (which are a type of "rainforest" type tree in BC, but keep in mind this ISN'T tropical as the climate is quite cooler than in tropical places). You'll also find more ground level vegetation than you'll find in most other parts of the Empire, including things like ferns and other strange plants. These plants grow so widely and wildly that they almost totally cover the forest floors in many places. As said, this is an area that is quite like the "rainforests" of BC, so there is plenty of vegetation and water. There are also some rocky mountains spread here and there, looking quite a bit like the mountains in Kraigdarroch, but with a little more vegetation on them. (For reference: pic, pic, pic, pic, and pic. Hope that helps!) Soleway is yet another coast city, so it too has ocean access for trade and such. Soleway is also heavily into industry, as are other cities in this province. It should be noted that, unlike Clarendon, Navarre and Storbritannien both have used lumber in building some magnificent manors, where as Clarendon tends to prefer rock and stone on the outside.

Cardelm (Cardelman Province): Sunderwich (Capital City). This region is a lot like Southern England. It, and its twin province Craydon, are slightly warmer than the other provinces, but still maintain a moderate temperature. They are both coastal provinces, with large beaches and some cliffs touching the ocean, but behind that is a vast land of fields and plains that are good for farming. The land looks it's best when it is being gently kissed by the rains, or warmly embraced by the sunshine. This province, like its twin, is perfect for taking holiday vacations and tourism, but don't let the nice face fool you. This province, and its twin, are just as hard working as the other provinces, with Sunderwich and the other cities in this province working hard in industry. Of course, Sunderwich is a little more geared towards luxury goods, and it's no accident that many goods from Lishunda (whom Cardelm and Craydon are closest to in terms of distance between Lishunda and the provinces in Dalcaria). Still, even though it is slightly stronger in luxury goods, this sea side gem still can produce in industry as good as any other region.

Craydon (Craydonan Province): Dereham (Capital City). Craydon is pretty much the same as Cardelm, though it has slightly more cliffs on it's coast (a lot like Dover in the UK). However, where Craydon differs is with it's cities. Although Craydon is as much of a vacation hotspot as Cardelm is, Dereham and other cities are heavily into industry, making tourism and luxury goods their second profession (in Cardelm, luxury and tourism is their first profession). Dereham specifically is very important to this province as it is one of the top naval industry cities in the Empire. It has produced some of the best ships, from warships to yachts to cargo ships, this city has been a huge help to the Empire in times of war, and will continue to be into the future.

So, just a few reference pics of these two places here, since they are so similar. pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic, pic. So, I know there was a lot of cliffs in there, as well as farmland (the patchwork fields), but these two regions have got a lot more of just average plains area with large beaches (and sometimes cliffs) at the end. Also I think I should mention that both region will have some smaller forests here and there as well as some rolling hills, but not very much in the way of mountains.

Anyways, I think that's all folks! Hope you can use all of this, and sorry it took so long to finish! But there you are, please enjoy!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:15 pm
Another quick thing of note, I added Likes and Dislikes to the character sheet, in case anyone wanted to add that little bit to their characters.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:27 pm
Oh and one other little tid bit to mention because I almost forgot! One city I'm specifically naming (that is not too large) mostly because the characters may end up there at one point.

Since I felt bad about renaming Cirencester Province to Clarendon (because I thought the name was cool, but not the best for the province), I have instead named a town Cirencester. This is a smallish, averageish town right on the border between Clarendon and Kraigdarroch. It is somewhat industrialized, but it's also a bit of a traditional town I suppose. Sometimes groups of demons or the undead attack, but they've been able to fight them off. There are also a number of mountains in this area, and on top of one sits a castle manor that belongs to the people who had previously been the nobles that represented this town. Anyways, from the back side of this castle (as in the side you CAN'T enter from) you can see for miles into Kraigdarroch, looking over the barren and rocky mountains that make it up. To the front side of the manor (the side you CAN enter from) you can see for miles into Clarendon, and much of the thick forests that make it up. The mountain isn't as high as some mountains, but it is made higher as the moutain (and the town itself) is already at a relatively higher elevation than much of the areas around it, though the elevations vary from spot to spot. Either way, this mountain allows you to see some spectacular sights, especially at night. Not much else to say about this, but I hope you enjoyed learning about this nice little town. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:02 pm
Hrmmm.... Bump? I'd appreciate more feedback if anyone has any, but if not then some more character profiles (if you haven't made any yet) would be appreciated too, partly for numbers and partly because I love seeing the characters people come up with. 4laugh  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:40 pm
Wow things are dead at this time of night. xd Well folks, I'm on for about a half hour more, so post if you got anything. Also, I'll probably be on a bit tomorrow, so if you miss me tonight you can try again later.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:23 pm
Oh, one other thing, I may do some of my character profiles soon (or at least portions of them) to get some of you excited (I'm hoping people are excited by my characters. xd ), but I'm going to avoid certain details so that it leaves a small bit of mystery to my characters. wink I'll give you this much of a hint for my characters though; One is a gentleman, one is a noble kid, and the last one is a Grand Chancellor, and since there is only one Grand Chancellor at this moment, take a wild guess which one it will be. xd So yeah, looks like your characters will get to rub shoulders with some very interesting people, well in my opinion at least, we'll see what you all think though. 3nodding Anyways, till tomorrow, I'm off!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm
Oh, so everyone knows, I'm adding another bit to the Character profiles, since it was kinda handy to have. Now, maybe you could just throw this into your bios, but I figured I'd make it seperate so you have more room to work with I guess. So basically, just tell us how you got to the palace. Were you invited, arrested, wandered here by some inward compulsion? All sorts of ways you could have made it here, but tell us how it happened, if you don't mind. 4laugh  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff