Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Inleros Desiccated (Pathfinder full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 pm
Dion Necurat
TheVulgarUnicorn
Once again, we are god damn adventurers.
For some reason were special.
We go out and do heroic acts that are worthy to be added to bardic epics.
So in a low magic world I actually LOVE to see my PC's all wielding atleast a small amount of magic.

Psionic qualifies as "magic". Magic in tabletop gaming is nothing more than a blanket term and is more or less synonymous with "power". HOW it is manifested and from WHERE are another story. Whether you are a Divine caster and receive your power from the gods/nature, an Arcane caster who uses spellbooks, scrolls and implements to conjure, enchant, etc., or Psionic who can manifest powers with their mind alone. Therefore, if we are dominately a psionic party, we will naturally stand out on this fact alone, especially if we are in a low power setting...though from a mechanics perspective, a 20-point buy consititutes a High Fantasy setting...

Quote:
And a low-magic world is wonderful because you get to see this wide variety of reactions to magic-- or psionics. (Honestly its the same concept in both)
Characters will enter a town and wonder "Will using a spell get me obediance, worshippers, and tribute? or will they all turn on me, call the local priests, and see if i sink when tied to a boulder and dumped into the river?"

To be fair, non-caster parties can wander into a town and ask the same thing about overthrowing the people in power.

It has nothing to do with "are we going to overthrow these peons"
It has everything to do with "Should I try and hide my power or should I show it?"

Also in a high-magic world--- like this one-- i dont think an all psionics party will really stand out much.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:05 pm
TheVulgarUnicorn
Dion Necurat
TheVulgarUnicorn
Once again, we are god damn adventurers.
For some reason were special.
We go out and do heroic acts that are worthy to be added to bardic epics.
So in a low magic world I actually LOVE to see my PC's all wielding atleast a small amount of magic.

Psionic qualifies as "magic". Magic in tabletop gaming is nothing more than a blanket term and is more or less synonymous with "power". HOW it is manifested and from WHERE are another story. Whether you are a Divine caster and receive your power from the gods/nature, an Arcane caster who uses spellbooks, scrolls and implements to conjure, enchant, etc., or Psionic who can manifest powers with their mind alone. Therefore, if we are dominately a psionic party, we will naturally stand out on this fact alone, especially if we are in a low power setting...though from a mechanics perspective, a 20-point buy consititutes a High Fantasy setting...

Quote:
And a low-magic world is wonderful because you get to see this wide variety of reactions to magic-- or psionics. (Honestly its the same concept in both)
Characters will enter a town and wonder "Will using a spell get me obediance, worshippers, and tribute? or will they all turn on me, call the local priests, and see if i sink when tied to a boulder and dumped into the river?"

To be fair, non-caster parties can wander into a town and ask the same thing about overthrowing the people in power.

It has nothing to do with "are we going to overthrow these peons"
It has everything to do with "Should I try and hide my power or should I show it?"

Also in a high-magic world--- like this one-- i dont think an all psionics party will really stand out much.

He did mention it would be similar to Dark Sun's setting, which is very little (if any) magic.

Also, I can't tell; is the person eating pudding, frosting, or some white chocolate Nutella that I haven't seen yet secretly desire for some sort of underlying racial reason?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

KenshiroKameMeijin

Dapper Guildsman

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:13 pm
are we rolling HP for both levels, or max at 1st level then roll after?  
KenshiroKameMeijin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:24 pm
Either way, I suppose I will put out my first roll and roll again if we don't get the max at 1st level shindig.  

KenshiroKameMeijin

Dapper Guildsman

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:55 pm
KenshiroKameMeijin

Quote:
Hit Points: Roll it all.

And just to clarify, this is a fairly high-magic setting. While there is no "magic" per se, the psionics are pretty rampant at this point.  
KenshiroKameMeijin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 am
alright, well hopefully we roll well or one hit will end us pretty well...  

KenshiroKameMeijin

Dapper Guildsman

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100

KenshiroKameMeijin

Dapper Guildsman

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 am
aaand fail. LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:49 am
WhimsicalXellos

Are we allowed Psionic Archtypes?  

Xun Ira

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:00 am
Dion Necurat
you could try a Martial Kineticist/Meditant... Psychic warrior archtypes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:03 pm
Its an ice cream commercial.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:21 pm
Why do I, after looking at our list of character, now have the urge to get a power stone, or two, of Null Psychic Field? And at the start of a fight, activate it...

Anyone know how to get Use Magic Device as a class skill?

Edit: found the answer... if you want to know, ask me.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 pm
Xun Ira
Why do I, after looking at our list of character, now have the urge to get a power stone, or two, of Null Psychic Field? And at the start of a fight, activate it...

I'll make the Kineticist, so I'll have it.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 pm
Dion Necurat
Xun Ira

I'll make the Kineticist, so I'll have it.

Mwhahahahaha!!!! now just need to save up another 700 gold, for the psychic nightmare. twisted lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:18 pm
Yes...
So looks like ill be the healer...
I suggest you don't mess with him/her.
No one likes their abilities begin ripped away.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:36 pm
TheVulgarUnicorn
Yes...
So looks like ill be the healer...
I suggest you don't mess with him/her.
No one likes their abilities begin ripped away.

Ahhh.... no fun... razz  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces