Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Dragons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:43 am
iLL iNTENT

that the DM can rule other spells as candidates for permanency if they're okay with it.

Rule #1 of all RPG's.
Books are references
DM IS GOD.
xD
We have a big judges gavel that is labeled "DM HAMMER" and if the DM hammer is hit on the table all discussion about said rule is to stop, or the DM will simply give your character complete s**t luck rest of game-- or if your being a d**k just kill you outright.
We dont ******** around xD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:29 pm
Xenar1

1) Yup, Traps are pretty perfect emulations of lair wards.

2) What you see is what you get with spells. If you truly want to emulate a lesser race for more than a few minutes (/*talktothedragonhand*) we can arrange for you to research or purchase a magical item with Change Shape as a spell-like ability. Lots of fun little strategies you can use with that so I don't want to deny non-Bronze/Silver/Golds the opportunity if they so desire.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm
with my ice shaping ability i can easily make traps on my own. they have to have no moving mechanical parts (or 30% chance of not working) but an spiked ice pit covered in a thin sheet of ice is a no brainer twisted

still how would i best make a sphere of bad weather? a permanency spell would work but the spell is centered on the caster not a location. carrying my own personal blizzard wherever i go is appealing but my poor lair.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:47 pm
Magical Items are the key to all creative itches. Something like an Orb of Storms perhaps? You'll have the option to invest in research if you're looking for something specific, including things that aren't covered on the basic list (as long as they're covered in a spell to whatever extent so I know what price to put on it).

EDIT: Also, permanency on a Control Weather spell wouldn't make the weather follow you, so that's another option.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:04 pm
It would probably be a good idea to keep track of any lair security measures you invest in, in the 'private notes' section of your character sheet. (After discussing them with Paidi via PMs.)

Because what's the point of lair security if everyone else knows what to expect : P I dunno if we'll reach the point where we, as players, are invading each others' lairs, but it's just a thought...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:58 pm
Ohyes, secret actions will definitely be a big thing in this game. Not as easy to keep track of as it is in MythWeavers, but I'm sure we'll manage.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:02 pm
Any idea what our starting resources will be yet? Or are you still working that one out?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm
Standard 33k to start with. We'll cover extra resources when we get to lair generation.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:01 pm
I find Option A to be interesting and may join in when the whole thing is set in stone.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:04 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Ohyes, secret actions will definitely be a big thing in this game. Not as easy to keep track of as it is in MythWeavers, but I'm sure we'll manage.

if we all had myth weaver accounts we could make a 'demi' game to house our private details. if nothing else it would give an extra place to put notes.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:09 pm
I would be interested in joining this. The slots aren't filled up on the first page but I see a lot of people posting in this. Are they all spoken for or is there still room?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:43 pm
'sokay. PMs basically do the same thing as player-specific text. Just keep notes.

Yup! Room for more than 5 in Option A.

I'm... starting to get the feeling I should stop relying on the poll...  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:48 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Standard 33k to start with. We'll cover extra resources when we get to lair generation.

So aside from the 33k, we'll have more to spend on our lairs/minions? The 33k is for personal equipment? Just trying to be clear, lol  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:32 am
i wager a dragon usually carves it's own lair itself. so labor depending on the time you've been there.... also food. white dragons at the vary least are known for keeping pry nearby, frozen and buried.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 pm
Xenar1
i wager a dragon usually carves it's own lair itself. so labor depending on the time you've been there.... also food. white dragons at the vary least are known for keeping pry nearby, frozen and buried.

Well they do. I mean, blue dragons have a burrow speed for crying out loud, lol
I would assume the extra resources would go towards lair improvements, traps, special features, minions, etc.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff